• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

I don't care that much for it either, honestly. It looks enjoyable, but definitely not a day one purchase.

NO, MAN, I WON'T TAKE IT EASY.

Jokes aside, though, it actually genuinely angers me to look at their characters. Being a VG concept artist myself it just makes me want to throw up into a fan so that the puke gets blown in all directions. And I hate how everything has a super pretentious name when it's about the game. Even the ****ing demo is called "Demo Duscae."

DUSCAE MY BALLS YOU IDIOTS

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
NO, MAN, I WON'T TAKE IT EASY.

Jokes aside, though, it actually genuinely angers me to look at their characters. Being a VG concept artist myself it just makes me want to throw up into a fan so that the puke gets blown in all directions. And I hate how everything has a super pretentious name when it's about the game. Even the ****ing demo is called "Demo Duscae."

DUSCAE MY BALLS YOU IDIOTS
I agree, stupid names are stupid. I do like the Mafia family thing it has going for it, but, as you said, the characters design is really bad.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Oh god, it's not even Demo Duscae.

It's "Episode Duscae."

That's

That's it.

Brb bringing my scalpel to Japan.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'd think it's even. I remember when I lost, it wasn't because Peach had some sort of tool or two that actually could counter Shulk, it's because I got shield grabbed hard (I was extremely predictable and I didn't space at all. Went too aggressively against Petch). That and I had no idea what Peach's dash attack was. I may have to give the match up another go before saying anything. No, F wifi.

Also, this Patrick avatar isn't as funny as I expected. Changing back
Speaking of MUs... Has any of the Shulks even fought a Falco before? I posted a notice and... :sadeyes:
I ****ing hate everything about Final Fantasy XV so much.

SO ****ING MUCH

I don't care if they have an impressive summoning cinematic, I can't take any game that has such a terrible character design with ridiculous pretentious names for EVERYTHING seriously.
You should change that to hating everything about Square Enix. Have you seen their games and noticed something? Type-0? X-2? Dissidia 012? 358/2 Days? Dream Drop Distance? The Bouncer?!

Still, you cannot deny that Gladiolus is a total gar. :p

Speaking of MUs... Has any of the Shulks even fought a Falco before? I posted a notice and... :sadeyes:
What the **** is a Falco?

Although I second main Falco, I don't feel comfortable at all to post without actual experience. Plz understand

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Also, while we're on Final Fantasy XV. "A Fantasy based on reality," is really stupid. When I play a "Fantasy," game I want it to be as far from reality as possible.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Gladiolus
This name is more than enough for me to hate the sh*t out of him.

But yeah you're right, I do hate most of what Squenix does. I am partial to FFXIV and their Explorers project on 3DS though.

I kinda liked X-2, though.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Man that map

I don't think I got screwed over by any of the Mire users on either playthrough, but I really liked the concept behind it. Were there maps in any other FE like that?
ya most of that game is concept over anything else (so dam easy) anyways. Were there maps in any other FE like that? with major amounts reinforcements of high ranged units meant to bend you over a poll? not that I know of, most of them just have the range units there before hand. but notable chapters with long ranged units that I can remember
  • Ch 13 FE10, Wooden cavalry - almost all enemies are batiste even the boss, features three major roads with forest between them making it difficult to advance in one lane too quickly with out being pelted
  • Final Chapter Castle Edda, FE4 - this one is especially tricky, multiple mages with sleep staves (which have 100% hit rate in this game), meteor tomes, Bolting tomes and fortify staves meanwhile there is a moderate number of ground units you need to get passed to reach the mages (snipers, heros and sword masters).
  • Chapter 5 Castle Phinora, FE 4 - Large desert with spread out meteor users, can't get to them with out a flying unit and they show up for the rest of the chapter, they do however become neutrals near the end of the chapter (FE 4 loved to send ranged magic and batiste at you and you didn't get one dam ranged spell book to fight back with)
  • Thracia chapter 21x the detention center - notable for the only instance I could find an enemy using warp staves... jerks (haven't played through thracia yet mind you, only heard of this one)

Tiki is de bomb. Sorry Nah.

(Has never played a Fire Emblem game before)
I like old tiki better
I agree, stupid names are stupid. I do like the Mafia family thing it has going for it, but, as you said, the characters design is really bad.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
My problem when playing vs Peach is I try to space the MU like Brawl. She got some range buffs on things like Uair and bomber. Peach can surprise you.

My problem when playing vs Peach is I try to space the MU like Brawl. She got some range buffs on things like Uair and bomber. Peach can surprise you.
Then I remember the character I'm using. Christ, I should have just stuck to spacing with my gdlk disjoint but for some reason, I decided to go full aggro at that match ;-;

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I blame Shulk's jab

All that range with the monado but his jab tempts you to punch people instead

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This name is more than enough for me to hate the sh*t out of him.

But yeah you're right, I do hate most of what Squenix does. I am partial to FFXIV and their Explorers project on 3DS though.

I kinda liked X-2, though.
He's named after a flower and technically a sword. What's not to like and his pecs are free for everyone to see. :p

He looks like some generic, gung-ho, overbuffed, d-bag nozzle from some street

0/10
Hey, I'd take him over Noctis and Prompto who went from looking all casual, boy next door to I have no idea... A boy band reject? At least Ignis looks professional mafia/yakuza except for his blue, bedazzled driving gloves. Yes, driving gloves exist. And Ignis's hair reminds me of Adam Jensen, but more... Final Fantasy-fied.

It's a reason why I don't care for Vaan in FFXII when Basch was supposed to be the main hero, but apparently people in Japan wanted a random, OP bishie. Seriously, Vaan's stats are overall the best compared to a seasoned, but tortured soldier, a princess who lead an underground resistance, an exiled hunter, and a badass sky pirate. Should I mention that Fran's overall stats are the worst? The Viera who's supposedly a master hunter is weaker than some street rat.

If the plans follow, then we can change their clothes and man, I will make them look not wacky. At least the king looked fine and Cidney's... Yeah... Fanservice and I love it. Embarrass

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Gorls the weirdest thing happened to me while I was playing a match against a Diddy from smashladder on Castle Siege and I tried to Elevator him. We were on the rock transformation that tilts, and the stage tilted as I was teleporting up and instead of me going up I was sent flying off the stage to the right (the same direction the stage tilted). D:

I'm like 99% positive that I didn't input it incorrectly...

Platforms are trolling Farores and now certain moments during some transformations might too

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
following.png

you just secretly wanted to give me more alerts didn't you?
I don't even need to tag you you'll find this anyways
@ Furret Furret As much as I hate people like the guy from that video, I'll have to completely agree.
but thank... god... for jim... though
I like the late parts of Part 3 in Radiant Dawn. Specifically the climax of the part.

And Happy St. Patrick's everyone! Avatar technically technically has green since Fox wears green pants. :p
ugh I'm missing posts right and left and I haven't gotten to play radiant dawn yet, wish I could share, but last I played I was on that god awful prison chapter (like chapter 3) early on when my priest clearly had a death wish and it wasn't poor position on my part at all I really hate priests and clerics they give you now a days
My favorite females from Awakening are Tharja, Nowi, Noire, Emmeryn, Tiki and Severa :p For the upcoming FE game, Felicia (teehee ur avi) is my favorite as of right now. SHE'S A FREAKING MAID, HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE HER.
guess I'm one of the few Maribelle fans

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well I followed you two, along with some others, because of similar view points. But, hey, take it however you want I suppose.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Well I followed you two, along with some others, because of similar view points. But, hey, take it however you want I suppose.
I have view points?
oh wait these view points gotcha

I like this view point too (dad jokes intensifies)

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
He's named after a flower and technically a sword. What's not to like and his pecs are free for everyone to see. :p

Hey, I'd take him over Noctis and Prompto who went from looking all casual, boy next door to I have no idea... A boy band reject? At least Ignis looks professional mafia/yakuza except for his blue, bedazzled driving gloves. Yes, driving gloves exist. And Ignis's hair reminds me of Adam Jensen, but more... Final Fantasy-fied.

It's a reason why I don't care for Vaan in FFXII when Basch was supposed to be the main hero, but apparently people in Japan wanted a random, OP bishie. Seriously, Vaan's stats are overall the best compared to a seasoned, but tortured soldier, a princess who lead an underground resistance, an exiled hunter, and a badass sky pirate. Should I mention that Fran's overall stats are the worst? The Viera who's supposedly a master hunter is weaker than some street rat.

If the plans follow, then we can change their clothes and man, I will make them look not wacky. At least the king looked fine and Cidney's... Yeah... Fanservice and I love it. Embarrass
Fammy.

Fammy I like you.

Don't do this to me.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
In a completely unrelated note to my undying hatred for everything Squenix.

F*ck.

Ganondorf's Battle theme from Ocarina of Time is one of the most ridiculously complicated pieces of music ever composed for a videogame. Koji Kondo is hardcore.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fammy.

Fammy I like you.

Don't do this to me.
My favorite designs from Square Enix off the top of my head would be Auron, Jecht, Balthier, Basch, Riku and Terra from Kingdom Hearts, Snow, Sazh, Fang, Advent Children Cid, and hell, Rikku's in FFX. Why? 'Cause they're simple and sometimes they're elegant without having to go overboard like Balthier, Fang, and Aerith's. Cid's outfit in AC was literally a shirt, pants, a jacket tied around his waist, boots, and goggles. That was it. No unnecessary belts, designs, etc. Auron had the ronin, wanderer look to him while Jecht contrasted him by looking more rough with his tattoos, sash, and bandana. Sazh looked like a pilot off-duty with his jacket open instead of closed and Fang's sari was enough to give her an exotic and elegant look without whatever the hell Vanille wore.

Terra had the least going on with his design in Birth By Sleep. Just a muscle shirt, hakama, and some armor while Aqua's armor looked a bit strange, especially her side-hooked boots and Ven made Roxas's design even more convoluted. Aside from coloring with the bright yellow and white, Riku's designs were usually simple. Meanwhile Sora and his... belted shorts or something? It was like layered clothing.

Don't get me started on Lulu's belts for clothes and Ashe's micro skirt. :glare:

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I'm part of the stained glass club now.
Look mine has sparkles \o/

Temporarily green for Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Balthier is one of the better designs among Final Fantasies (as well as some of the best characters in general), I will fully agree with that. Auron was also way cool, and yeah, he had a pretty solid design as well. Lulu's belt-dress was VERY silly, but some simplification to it could make her one of the better FF designs as well, since it actually gives her a very distinctive silhouette. If her design was a little more baroque and less Nomura with all the ridiculous belts, more detail wouldn't have hurt since it could have been in tune with the fashion style.

Character design wise, I think X had some of the best. Yuna's design is one of my favorite character designs in videogames (despite her being very generic-faced, I think her clothes are not only simple, they're also very pretty and harmonic). I hate the designs in KH in general, so I can't really agree with anything there. (I specially think Terra's wardrobe design is mofoing ugly).

I also think most of the designs in FF XIII are atrocious. I actually particularly dislike Snow and Fang :'D, though I particularly dislike everything about that game aside from the music.

The designs for females in general tend to be on the pretty messy border in Final Fantasy titles, but I guess that's no real surprise, since female character designs in most games are atrocious, specially when left to asian developers.

What bugs me the most about FF designs in general is that they don't seem to be concerned in shapes. Only in style, but there is no harmony holding that style together. They just want to add a bunch of bull**** to everything and piss on it so it looks "theirs."

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Balthier is one of the better designs among Final Fantasies (as well as some of the best characters in general), I will fully agree with that. Auron was also way cool, and yeah, he had a pretty solid design as well. Lulu's belt-dress was VERY silly, but some simplification to it could make her one of the better FF designs as well, since it actually gives her a very distinctive silhouette. If her design was a little more baroque and less Nomura with all the ridiculous belts, more detail wouldn't have hurt since it could have been in tune with the fashion style.

Character design wise, I think X had some of the best. Yuna's design is one of my favorite character designs in videogames (despite her being very generic-faced, I think her clothes are not only simple, they're also very pretty and harmonic). I hate the designs in KH in general, so I can't really agree with anything there. (I specially think Terra's wardrobe design is mofoing ugly).

I also think most of the designs in FF XIII are atrocious. I actually particularly dislike Snow and Fang :'D, though I particularly dislike everything about that game aside from the music.

The designs for females in general tend to be on the pretty messy border in Final Fantasy titles, but I guess that's no real surprise, since female character designs in most games are atrocious, specially when left to asian developers.

What bugs me the most about FF designs in general is that they don't seem to be concerned in shapes. Only in style, but there is no harmony holding that style together. They just want to add a bunch of bull**** to everything and piss on it so it looks "theirs."
It depends on the artist sometimes since I don't think Nomura did FFXII's character designs. Terra's design sort of reminds me of Ike's Radiant Dawn look where it's rugged and functional. It's not supposed to look pretty and it fits with Terra being samurai-like and Ike more western-like. Without the belt's Squall's design would just be pretty normal like biker-normal and Rinoa was just beautiful. Well, whatever.

Soul.

Final Fantasy characters and objects have weird names.
Didn't fans like the "Blinded by Light" song?

Top Bottom