• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, I watched some of Nairo's customs snippets... Why? Seriously, why? Falco's Blaster gets outclassed by Rosalina's Shooting Star Bit and Fox's Impact Blaster customs which suspiciously looks like Wolf's Blaster since it's "single-shot". Hell, ZSS's Blast Shot looks better than Falco's default Blaster. Speaking of which, Falco and ZSS share a similar custom with their Explosive Blaster and Electromagnetic Net; Falco can't charge Explosive Blaster, but ZSS can charge Electromagnetic Net.

Yes, Falco's Blaster was pretty much OP in Brawl, but could it kill them to just revert it back to Melee's? Or not make it basically the worst projectile? Frick, man.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Every time I see blue being called gold or vice versa I feel kinda guilty that I brought this all up here in the first place.

Gorls pls y? :^(

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I get pink and purple mixed up.

Is it purple?
It's purple now

I gradient mapped it to the same colors as the dress when I posted that but had to change it back because it was inducing vomiting

Marie Antoinette

Smash Apprentice
I -still- don't know how to deal with either Pit well enough. I faced one recently and landed the most outrageous knee on his face and then pulled off a perfect elevator, but this guys still gave my rosaluma plenty of trouble. Worst yet, it seemed like Pit can just shield in the air to avoid ANY aerial. Someone correct me if I'm wrong there~

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
It's purple now

I gradient mapped it to the same colors as the dress when I posted that but had to change it back because it was inducing vomiting
Ballin'

So, we should schedule a time to play, because I have free time but it has to be organized or I'll just default to League of Legends.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
For @XDanDan612 and @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 ... You do play Peach, right?
I liked the part where she combo'd dair>dair>dair

Speaking of peach combos, I haven't seen the nair lock showcased on Wii U yet.

Ballin'

So, we should schedule a time to play, because I have free time but it has to be organized or I'll just default to League of Legends.
Even when I have "free time", I have a really intrusive family that loves to show up and pull me away for things with no warning, so late night (around this time) works best for me. Friday/Saturday night are probably looking best, right now would technically work too but I'm kind of tired and just grinding out my last eightseven (Pit's done!) missing customs since it doesn't take much focus.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I liked the part where she combo'd dair>dair>dair

Speaking of peach combos, I haven't seen the nair lock showcased on Wii U yet.

Even when I have "free time", I have a really intrusive family that loves to show up and pull me away for things with no warning, so late night (around this time) works best for me. Friday/Saturday night are probably looking best, right now would technically work too but I'm kind of tired and just grinding out my last eightseven (Pit's done!) missing customs since it doesn't take much focus.
I can do it at this time only on Saturdays. I'm at work right now (shut up @ Fernosaur Fernosaur ) so I have no access to wifi. And that's the only thing preventing me because I have so much free time omg why do they pay me?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
FFA in classic

CPU Kirby inhales me, then waddles in front of a Dedede fsmash to get us both killed

the collusion is so real

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
To be honest, ever since Brawl started dying, I went through a lengthy period of time where I kind of stopped caring about Smash, and trying to improve in an already dead meta. When Smash 4 first came out, it caught my interest, but not yet that flare to become such a try-hard. I was able to play other games and occasionally some Smash, have fun with them, and be done with it.

However in the past couple of months or so, I've suddenly felt as if all my "competitive knowledge" from Brawl was lost, and I was just this complete noob trying to learn how to play competitive Smash. Even now, I feel like a very average player. After fighting the occasional beast player who would 3-stock me like no tomorrow, and after fighting this one guy who's been helping me improve (and who's had tourney experience since Melee), I feel like I'm in a completely different level than the top players.

I'm struggling to get caught up to where they are now, because this is not a game you can't just master in one month. Well maybe for some people, but not for me.

Oh and I have nothing against casual gamers/people who like to mess around in For Fun (though I personally never tried that mode). I have a good friend who's a casual, and he has potential to be a potent competitive player. He chooses not to, and that's fine. We still play from time to time. My point is, I can acknowledge that aspect of Smash, but I can't embrace it... at least, not as a regular thing. Success for me, is one of the ways I have fun, even if it may not exactly be for the best.

Thank you though for putting the time to share your own experiences and suggestions
I'm also not quite sure who the artist is, but now that you mention it, the artwork does seem familiar.
I really wish I wasn't as braindead as I've been for the past few days, otherwise I'd be able to actually provide some meaningful food for thought. I think stress is getting to me; I feel dizzy, and might just go to sleep earlier than normal (lol 4am is my "normal", I'm brilliant).

I'm also not of the same mindset, so I wouldn't be able to give proper advice outside of just supportive and comforting words. I can try to, though. It sounds to me like this is something you're putting over yourself, and that's okay. We are ultimately our own worst enemy, after all, and I'm confident that it is just a phase. You're not being pressured to learn everything at once and master the game in a limited amount of time; you have time, just try to take a step back and give yourself room to breathe.

You've said so yourself; it is just a game, after all. And as a game, have fun with it, and if you're not having fun? Try something else. There's no need to beat yourself up over accumulating an irrational fear--they're irrational for a reason, you know?

Gaah I have no train of thought right now, sincerest apologies. We're all here for you, sis. Baby steps, you'll get through this. :p

also I looked and it's totally AmazingArtistYellow. I took forever to respond so many you already looked it up but here's their deviantart!
Alright I took the dress to Photoshop and used the eyedropper tool to obtain the following colours...
So the problem is FINALLY SOLVED. The dress is ACTUALLY BLACK AND BLUE. Additive colouring of the retina causes some people to add red, green and blue light to get white. People with sharper eyes are able to tell the difference and see blue. SO I AM NOT CRAZY OMG.

Tumblr savior post: http://sixpenceee.com/post/112178548304/nyctophiliaccarly-gnarly-trini******s
I... nope I don't like this.

My sister showed this to me earlier--she's here for a rare visit since she lives a couple hours away--and we both saw white and gold. The hell are eyes, I don't like this.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
woah I think my profile pic is too cute now
5b35198de51f541792e3eea2625ae8a2.jpg

(I'll leave this here in case it changes)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Dropping this in from the Palutena boards:

Customs are so hype

Looks like you can airdodge out of Kong Cyclone before the second hit? Kind of interesting.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
The best part about Kong Cyclone isn't the hit, it's the fact that it goes from good move to GODLIKE on Battlefield by cancelling the lag. It's SOOOO dumb.

Also @Kofu we'll play sometime (reading a few pages back) but prepare for Customs Doc he's quite interesting.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yeah I was just about to comment on the total lack of landing lag when landing on the platforms, rewatching match 1. That's crazy lol, didn't know about it until now.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
So palutena becomes even more of a one-trick pony with customs on.

Super great character.

This is sarcasm.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
So palutena becomes even more of a one-trick pony with customs on.

Super great character.

This is sarcasm.
They don't fix her character (not statwise/tierwise) being pretty meh so at least there's that.

Seconded though haha, it's kind of weird how that works. She then just turns into Super Speed and Lightweight the character.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
They don't fix her character (not statwise/tierwise) being pretty meh so at least there's that.

Seconded though haha
My gripe with the ***** is that she's a one trick pony in normal game too. ALL she does is jab > dthrow > nair/fair/uair. That's literally all her game, and because her grab range is so large she's super lame defensive. The only thing customs do is that her only trick now can kill at like 30%.

She's garbage.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I got called "****" by a salty Link/TLink player on For Fun.

I feel amazing. :smirk:

Edit: Aw dang it's censored. Well it's a three-letter word but they dodged Smash's censor by spelling it differently.
Edit2: In all caps, I should say.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
MY FIRST FOR GLORY ZELDA EXPERIENCE.

I'm fighting a decent ZSS, who I'm generally winning because Mega Man beats her handily (lemons>paralyzer, uair>flip jump, utilt upon whiffed grab basically sums it up). And then he switches to Zelda and tries to make me approach with Din's & Nayru spamming. His first death was because he tried to teleport in place, but I pushed him over the edge by shielding the initial teleport hit and he reappeared at the bottom of the screen. His second death was a shielded Nayru's Love>utilt.

He did get me with the elevator after a spot dodged grab. I laughed pretty hard at that. But then he switched back after that game, which made me sad.

/for glory escapades

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Let's petition Sakurai to add Waluigi!

... and delete Rosalina.
I will second this entirely for the second part
I got called "****" by a salty Link/TLink player on For Fun.

I feel amazing. :smirk:

Edit: Aw dang it's censored. Well it's a three-letter word but they dodged Smash's censor by spelling it differently.
Edit2: In all caps, I should say.
that's mean, how about you look at how cute I am now instead, it's a much nicer activity
Furret.jpg

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Let's petition Sakurai to add Waluigi!

... and delete Rosalina.
I'd cry about Waluigi being added even if Rosalina wasn't deleted for it

My gripe with the ***** is that she's a one trick pony in normal game too. ALL she does is jab > dthrow > nair/fair/uair. That's literally all her game, and because her grab range is so large she's super lame defensive. The only thing customs do is that her only trick now can kill at like 30%.

She's garbage.
She'd really love some variety to her kit, it's definitely what puts me off from playing her more.

I mean her move tiers (without customs/throws because lazy) are like

S: Grab, jab, nair, uair, bair, fair, Warp
A:
B:
C: Dash Attack, Usmash, Auto-Reticle
D: Fsmash, dsmash, utilt, Reflect, Counter
F: Ftilt, dtilt, dair

She just has that unfortunate problem where half her kit is amazing and half of it is garbage, so in a lot of instances when she's going for her best option it's because it's her only good option. When you're going to throw something out on the ground it has to be jab, when you go for a kill it's likely going to be uair, etc.

I'm fighting a decent ZSS, who I'm generally winning because Mega Man beats her handily (lemons>paralyzer, uair>flip jump, utilt upon whiffed grab basically sums it up). And then he switches to Zelda and tries to make me approach with Din's & Nayru spamming. His first death was because he tried to teleport in place, but I pushed him over the edge by shielding the initial teleport hit and he reappeared at the bottom of the screen. His second death was a shielded Nayru's Love>utilt.

He did get me with the elevator after a spot dodged grab. I laughed pretty hard at that. But then he switched back after that game, which made me sad.

/for glory escapades
I wish I remember what happened in the six games I played Zelda

I honestly don't remember managing to carry a 50% win rate, nor do I remember playing more than 1 game with her

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Like imagine if all of Zelda's attacks were disjointed without that falling-out-of-Fsmash garbage and she was twice as fast with some of the most unreal priority ever.

That's Rosalina. Without Luma.

/for glory escapades
The first zelda I found in FG literally teleported twice off the stage immediately and quit the game.

Oh wait that was me.

Last edited:

Soul.

Dropping this in from the Palutena boards:

Customs are so hype

Looks like you can airdodge out of Kong Cyclone before the second hit? Kind of interesting.
3 stock 8 mins da bess yo
The best part about Kong Cyclone isn't the hit, it's the fact that it goes from good move to GODLIKE on Battlefield by cancelling the lag. It's SOOOO dumb.

Also @Kofu we'll play sometime (reading a few pages back) but prepare for Customs Doc he's quite interesting.
Agree with this. inb4 battlefield is banned when fighting Mr. Expand

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
She just has that unfortunate problem where half her kit is amazing and half of it is garbage, so in a lot of instances when she's going for her best option it's because it's her only good option. When you're going to throw something out on the ground it has to be jab, when you go for a kill it's likely going to be uair, etc.

Kiddy comebacks aside, I know it's the issue with her design. That doesn't make her less annoying, and it's also annoying because most Palu players don't actually look for openings to use her riskier moves or anything like that. I mean look at Zelda. Like 80% of her moveset is garbage and we still use most of it. Palutenas don't. They resort to the same braindead bull crap over and over again.

She's also completely unlikeable like all of Kid Icarus.

Also @ Brinzy Brinzy Rosalina is annoying as balls, yeah, but she's manageable once you get the hang of playing against her, and also you need to know which characters are more effective against her too.

Soul.

GamePad as a screen + Wii U Pro Controller = win win :troll:
Indifferent on Paluspeed. She gets better w/ customs but not Diddy tier

Top Bottom