• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Got to stratum 3 12f, then remembered I have to find snow blooms and don't remember how to navigate the ice sections properly.

So much for completing the game in a single sitting.

Marie Antoinette

Smash Apprentice
Someone just brought up zelda informer, now i wanna give my shoutouts to @zeldauniverse and the forums which have been broken since last year in october. Wonderful place, maybe u gorls have heard about it

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Someone just brought up zelda informer, now i wanna give my shoutouts to @zeldauniverse and the forums which have been broken since last year in october. Wonderful place, maybe u gorls have heard about it
What made your tongue blue? Baby Bottle Pop?

Edit: It has been so long since I've had this title *cries*
I am truly honored.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So, remembering I had access to an un-updated copy of SSB4, I decided to go debunk all the beliefs that some of her moves had visual changes (Something I myself though possible.)

As I'd though; all of her moves when compared side-by-side using slow mo practice mode between 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 haven't received ANY visual changes that could be noticed by the human eye. AKA, placebo.

I did check her pivot grab just to be sure and yes, it WAS visually cleaned up like I had thought. So, there's thaT.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Got to stratum 3 12f, then remembered I have to find snow blooms and don't remember how to navigate the ice sections properly.

So much for completing the game in a single sitting.
Just kidding, actually found the blooms fairly quickly

15f boss fights went well, now on 17f. I love this stratum and I love its music. Second favorite stratum in the series (Chalky Woods/Porcelain Forest in EO3 is #1)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Is it sad that I've had all custom moves on the 3ds version since October 19th?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Is it sad that I've had all custom moves on the 3ds version since October 19th?
I'd say it's less sad than me still not having them despite making a constant effort for it

I unlocked like five yesterday though, so progress!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'd say it's less sad than me still not having them despite making a constant effort for it

I unlocked like five yesterday though, so progress!
The worst part about getting the moves is when you only need one more for a certain character but it still takes like ten runs through classic to get it. Little Mac took me like 15ish runs through classic to get one of his side specials. Donkey Kong was like 11 iirc.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The worst part about getting the moves is when you only need one more for a certain character but it still takes like ten runs through classic to get it. Little Mac took me like 15ish runs through classic to get one of his side specials.
This is 100% what I did last night for his sideB 2

plus like seven runs for Zelda's downB 2

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
This is 100% what I did last night for his sideB 2

plus like seven runs for Zelda's downB 2
I remember getting Rosalina's customs in a really small amount of runs. I want to say like 4-5 but I can't remember since she was the first character I got all customs for. I do remember Greninja taking a ton of runs, though. I think it was his up 2 and it took like 8-9 tries.

Nintendo really needs to fix how we get custom moves. The fact that we're able to get duplicates doesn't even make sense to me. imo it's just lazy programming, (but I do realize that it would probably be somewhat difficult to program not getting duplicates, however, I don't know anything about programming so...).

And it's not really relevant but I thought I'd mention that Classic runs for custom moves are also the only reason I've even played certain characters at all (mainly Pikachu, Little Mac, and Donkey Kong). I haven't even played Pikachu on the Wii U yet despite me having the game since release day.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
And it's not really relevant but I thought I'd mention that Classic runs for custom moves are also the only reason I've even played certain characters at all (mainly Pikachu, Little Mac, and Donkey Kong). I haven't even played Pikachu on the Wii U yet despite me having the game since release day.
Yeah, same here. I wouldn't have touched half the cast if I didn't have to for customs (I considered just playing with Mii Brawler/Palutena for awhile since they don't have customs for the game to bias drops toward, but it seemed like a bad idea). Didn't end up finding anyone fun to play that didn't already immediately appeal to me, though.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Didn't end up finding anyone fun to play that didn't already immediately appeal to me, though.
Basically this. Before release, I already had an idea of who I would main (pretty much Zelda, Rosalina, and Sheik). I'd been playing Sheilda forever so no surprise there and Rosalina was my most wanted newcomer (I was ecstatic when she was announced). Zelda is now my main, Rosalina is basically a main since I've played like 300 more matches with her than Zelda, and I dropped Sheik and only use her occasionally since she's not as fun as she was in Brawl. I think the only character I picked up that I didn't think I'd like has been Greninja.

Yeah, same here. I wouldn't have touched half the cast if I didn't have to for customs
tbh 99% of the time, the only reason I play characters that I don't main/secondary is because they have fun/stupid customs. The only reason I have used Falco is because he has some weird customs (like the Fire Bird that takes like 9 years to charge but goes really far and the paralyzing blaster). Diddy has one of the most entertaining customs imo. It's a monkey flip one where he flips backwards and I like to spam it a ton because it's funny to watch him go flying backwards and then shoot forward with the kick.

btw, I tried the Palutena thing and it didn't work very well at all. It just leaves everything up to chance (more so than doing classic runs regularly). I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't tried it yet.

edit:
I got peachs in 3 allstar runs
Is All-Star the best way to gets customs in Wii U? I'm bad so All-Star on Hard is actually difficult for me and I know I can't do it with every character. I feel like it'd just be really frustrating lol

and it's too bad peach only has like 2 or 3 usable customs

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I've had all the customs since December 12th, all the Mii Outfits since October 25th, and I'm still missing a Mii Headgear (Mini Top). Takes a while, but now I know what everyone's moves are :p

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Basically this. Before release, I already had an idea of who I would main (pretty much Zelda, Rosalina, and Sheik). I'd been playing Sheilda forever so no surprise there and Rosalina was my most wanted newcomer (I was ecstatic when she was announced). Zelda is now my main, Rosalina is basically a main since I've played like 300 more matches with her than Zelda, and I dropped Sheik since she's not as fun as she was in Brawl. I think the only character I picked up that I didn't think I'd like has been Greninja.

tbh 99% of the time, the only reason I play characters that I don't main/secondary is because they have fun/stupid customs. The only reason I have used Falco is because he has some weird customs (like the Fire Bird that takes like 9 years to charge but goes really far and the paralyzing blaster). Diddy has one of the most entertaining customs imo. It's a monkey flip one where he flips backwards and I like to spam it a ton because it's funny to watch him go flying backwards and then shoot forward with the kick.

btw, I tried the Palutena thing and it didn't work very well at all. It just leaves everything up to chance (more so than doing classic runs regularly). I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't tried it yet.

edit:
Is All-Star the best way to gets customs in Wii U? I'm bad so All-Star on Hard is actually difficult for me and I know I can't do it with every character. I feel like it'd just be really frustrating lol

and it's too bad peach only has like 2 or 3 usable customs
Yeah, even if yew do medium, yew could get up to 5 customs.

Ahh now I have my glorious flower bomber

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Guys the Villager Social is super sad.

It only has like 10 pages.

@ Lorde Lorde I think it's sadder that I've had the Wii U game since release and I have like 3 customs in total hahaha.

Last edited:

Marie Antoinette

Smash Apprentice
What made your tongue blue? Baby Bottle Pop?

Edit: It has been so long since I've had this title *cries*
I am truly honored.
Not me on the picture bro. Thatd be @caradelevingne, the girl with the eyebrows whom id love to exchange tweezers and blue baby bottle pops with. im just a boring old dude in texas--read: a self-centered millennial that never pursued a pro smash career for the lack of booze in tourneys
/deardiary

ALSO, i have absolutely no customs unlocked. hell, i don't even have all of the hidden maps. i need smashville so bad

D

Deleted member

I've honestly never tried customs because they don't interest me tbh.

plz dun hate me .-.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So Diddy kong doesn't benefit from customs at all
He gets battering banana which sends people straight up when they're hit. Other than that, I think everything else is bad.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Guys the Villager Social is super sad.

It only has like 10 pages.

@ Lorde Lorde I think it's sadder that I've had the Wii U game since release and I have like 3 customs in total hahaha.
The Falco Social has 1 page! 1 page! That's 1/10th what the Villager boards have!

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
They did that on purpose.
Make less viable characters more viable with customs and give them a chance while top tiers already have good enough moves so they don't really need better ones.
You have an article stating that? Cause I remember the one on the prospect of balancing customs
It's not the one from this site, but really It's just a translation so anywhere you find this article will do
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...ther-outside-fixes-improve-online-experience/

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
They did that on purpose.
Make less viable characters more viable with customs and give them a chance while top tiers already have good enough moves so they don't really need better ones.
I'm going to agree with you on that being a trend except..
one top tier gets guranteed KO combos and a Falco laser that does 5%
At least everyone else gets much better anti-Luma technology.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
He gets battering banana which sends people straight up when they're hit. Other than that, I think everything else is bad.
Is there any merit to that one, even? The only practical application I heard for it over the default was Luma disposal, and I think Diddies still prefer the default banana for that matchup.

The custom that makes the popgun explode faster and not fire anything seems intended for FFAs. I get the feeling a lot of customs are intended for turning 1v1 characters into FFA characters and vice versa.

Yeah, it's full RNG. Better than having drops biased toward a character you already have the customs for, if you don't want to play the character you're trying to unlock for though.

I'm going to agree with you on that being a trend except..
one top tier gets guranteed KO combos and a Falco laser that does 5%
At least everyone else gets much better anti-Luma technology.
To be fair, Luma has to be alive for her to use them at least.

I still think they're some of the best customs, but I'm guessing that was the rationale in making the moves so good. I fully expected Shooting Star Bit to be 1 or 2%, maybe 3% tops before I saw it ingame.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Zelda deserves to be #1 on the tier list, but she realistically is #81 on the tier list.

Marie Antoinette

Smash Apprentice
claiming page 458. will try to edit in a funny gif and/or a dear diary entry or something later

EDIT: i honestly thought the post after @CPU3 would land on the next page D: Leaving the original post here for EVERYONE TO SEE and consume my embarassment

EDIT2: would've been :4greninja:'d by @ Lavani Lavani -- so much salty self-direspect ;__;

Last edited:
Top Bottom