• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Okay, this is just plain cool. It's from DmC: Devil May Cry and it shows the wire frame of Dante's Stinger and Trillion Stab.

So basically, they're trying to pull a Chudat? If they are, then it isn't working xD like I'm not about to fall for that of all things.
Except not as funny as Chudat since Ganoncides feel more like brutal, "YOU DONE GOOFED!" while Kirbycides are more troll-y.

I was playing someone on For Glory once as Robin and wrecked them. Game two they swapped to Falco and pretty much only used down B.

I... I'm ashamed to say that I lost...
Fox would have been a better choice since he can hold Reflector indefinitely, Palutena's Reflect Barrier, the Pits' Guardian Orbitars, and Zelda's Nayru's Love lingers; and Dr. Mario and Mario's have little end lag. Falco's needs timing and with input lag, it's a pain and almost stressful when someone has a charged up projectile since you know it's not going to be easy to react to it with input lag.

You could have just walked up and beat Falco without projectiles since Bronze/Levin Sword is a disjoint and Reflector's not safe on shield even with input lag making your reaction skewed.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Coochie coochie coochie coochie coochie~
Coo. :p

I seriously have no idea what this bird is doing. Have a cute one instead.

Edit: Also, Devil May Cry 4's Dante's Million Stab was animated faster, but that might be because DmC ran at 30FPS on consoles and because Unreal Engine 3 probably wasn't meant to run hack 'n' slash games. DmC Dante's Trillion Stab had like "phantom stabs".

Yay! Gif spam! *prepares to be infracted by IsmaR*

Last edited:

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
I only have myself to blame for losing. I need to git gud and adapt. For some reason I wasn't in the mindset to just to shield the reflector and punish.

Edit: I'm bad at forums... I should just go back to lurker mode XD

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
And this is why I like playing as Falco. :p
Cool, Falco has an infinite on Lucario! ...Provided Lucario keeps rolling into it.

I sometimes fish for Ganoncides; you'd be surprised how often it works. IMO Ganon's a bit better in lag with his big strong attacks. The problem is other characters who can wall him out benefit more.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Cool, Falco has an infinite on Lucario! ...Provided Lucario keeps rolling into it.

I sometimes fish for Ganoncides; you'd be surprised how often it works. IMO Ganon's a bit better in lag with his big strong attacks. The problem is other characters who can wall him out benefit more.
It's not an infinite. It's a wacky gif. :p

Reflector and Accele-Reflector have a chance of tripping. Anyway, the SoCal stream has the chat hitting on a commentator and being confused about the commentator's gender. So this is Twitch chat...

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
jeez how many times are we going to rediscover this lol

it's still pretty bad though, yeah
It was probably discovered during my Smash/social hiatus, haha. Didn't feel like reading 50 pages when I came back. :p

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
She does all that with a 3DS?!
I'm so Jelly
She uses the 3DS AND she's a very good Peach???

It's awesome to see someone who is both of those since they're both very rare! Did you see that float cancelling tech tho? Omg. Hype.
She was on the SoCal stream, but she lost to @Zan-. Er... I think it's that Zan. And Twitch chat being Twitch chat, they asked about her gender, hit on her, and when the commentators mentioned she had a Twitter... yeah...

Edit: Link to stream: http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
When should Meta Knight's Jab be used?
When you lose your control stick.

In seriousness, the lingering hitbox can be used to punish spotdodges and the like, but he has better buttons to be pressing in essentially all situations. Treat his ftilt like a gentleman jab that can be pivoted, ignore the actual jab.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
When you lose your control stick.

In seriousness, the lingering hitbox can be used to punish spotdodges and the like, but he has better buttons to be pressing in essentially all situations. Treat his ftilt like a gentleman jab that can be pivoted, ignore the actual jab.
So, sort of like how Marth and Lucina's Jab should be used differently... Part of me actually wants Falco's Rapid Jab removed or somehow add a Gentleman to it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I use MK's jab purely as the perfect pivot backwards "mess people up for not a really good reason" type of thing.
Definitely good if you expect incoming grabs. Moving backwards with it also covers roll ins (good) and usually gets shielded at a further range away than just normally using jab would, resulting in a less punished than it could possibly be type of option.

Last edited:

Soul.

i use wiimote
its so good man! even better on wifi, where people complain about it a lot more!

Last edited:
Top Bottom