• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

Alrighty then. Can someone be a dear and host? One of my shoulder buttons are broken, so I'll have to drop out and rejoin if the game tells me to host.
I just made one. Join brahs.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That looks gorgeous. I love it when people have good art directors. What platform is this on?
I'm going to assume PC since the devs are Harebrained Schemes who did the Shadowrun games. If all goes well or maybe good support, it might get released on other platforms, but I don't know and I think it just got introduced or something since the website said there was a pre-alpha demo at the recent Pax. Even then, it might not need a lot of power to run it well.

At the time, it didn't pop into my head, but it reminds me of El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron because of the simplistic design.

And for those who like DMC, enjoy listening to Vergil rap. :p

Last edited:

Soul.

Guys, leave the room. I'll add @ Nammy12 Nammy12 so that we get this thing going
edit: o nvm lmao it's still there even tho i left

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Before today, I never knew what Magmar's origins were supposed to be. Now it all makes sense. The more you know.
Well, considering that Magby's Japanese name is "Buubii" that helps clear things up.
I have a hard time defining what makes me like designs, but I will say mons that are just "slap a face on an object" like Vanilluxe and Klefki are among my least favorite. Voltorb/Electrode get a slight pass since they filled the role of mimics and Electrode's face is great, but they're both still bleh. I think gens 3, 2, and 6 had the most interesting designs to me; 4 was a definite nosedive in design quality with Cresselia and Shaymin being the only pokes I really liked (Lucario is okayish too, but the random spikes looked really dumb to me before; kind of used to them now I guess).
I agree for the most part. Gen 4 had a few other good designs IMO (Vespiquen, Drapion, Hippowdon). I actually like a lot of Gen 5 designs, too. Amusingly for me after I realized that the Vanillite line was based on icicles, I went back and looked at some icicle Pokémon I drew up years ago and realized they look a lot like ice cream cones, too, just not as literally.

Random note about Gen 4: it has fewer normal Pokémon than any other. If you take out legendaries and previous Gen evos/prevos there are 64 Pokémon (Gen 6 has 65). It's pretty sparse.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I love when I charge a Phantom to cover my opponent's options for getting back to the stage and they think they can just jump over the hitbox
Nope, sry but you're gonna get sniped by the second hit. How's it feel to die to a horrible move :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I love when I charge a Phantom to cover my opponent's options for getting back to the stage and they think they can just jump over the hitbox
Nope, sry but you're gonna get sniped by the second hit. How's it feel to die to a horrible move :secretkpop:
And this is why I like playing as Falco. :p

If only lag wasn't such a pain...

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Getting killed by the Phantom is still less embarrassing than getting killed by Din's Fire though.
They're both pretty bad moves all things considered.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Getting killed by the Phantom is still less embarrassing than getting killed by Din's Fire though.
Getting gimped by Fire Bird/Fox is worse. I cringe when that happens to my opponents... Meanwhile, Raptor Boost dunking and Ganoncides... :p

There are people who camp by the ledge as Ganondorf and fish for Ganoncides...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
ok I think someone's actually gonna have to explain to me why any of peach's customs are considered good

sleepy toad is way laggier than the default and only does 3% with weak knockback if the opponent's in the air - meanwhile default Toad has kill power regardless of what's hitting it and does a beefy 18%.

My opinion of Flower Bomber dropped a lot when I noticed it has more end lag on hit than other Bombers and only does 4% (flower adds 6% against a CPU that isn't pressing buttons...which only brings it up to default Peach Bomber's damage at best)...sure it has faster startup, but the reward and on-shield safety is lesser. Flying Peach Bomber does nice damage + knockback and I like its autocancel+upwards diagonal movement, but it lags for years on whiff if you don't land immediately.

UpB 1 is undisputed best so I won't comment on that. I voiced my thoughts on Light Veggies earlier already.

I feel like sideB 3 and downB 2 are the only worthwhile customs she has, and even then they aren't doing much over the defaults (and aren't straight upgrades either).

I'm kind of ashamed to admit this but I didn't know how much Ganondorf could drift after grabbing with aerial Flame Choke and lost a match for it

I knew this guy wanted the Ganoncide badly but I thought I was far enough away from the ledge to be safe even if I accidentally let myself get grabbed ;_;
I crushed him the other three games though

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
If he has the power to not make Smash 4 "Down Throw: The Game" on April 15th, that will be a blessing.
B-b-but how will I do d-throw to u-tilt to u-tilt to u-air to b-air with Pikachu? Or D-throw to running U-smash with Mewtwo or Greninja? Or D-throw to U-air with Zelda? D:
I took a 1 day break from the Zelda Social...

Let me repeat. 1 DAY.

And 32 new pages show up.

Wut.
Tell me about it...
And as you can see, Paper Mario is not a good stage
That wind has screwed me over in Classic Mode too many times. Horrible stage >:(

Oh, I'm starting to learn Falco (and Fox) btw. No plans to submain yet, but he's fun. It sucks that the two customs I keep hearing about (Fast Fire Bird and Void Reflector) are the only ones I have left to unlock though.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Getting gimped by Fire Bird/Fox is worse. I cringe when that happens to my opponents... Meanwhile, Raptor Boost dunking and Ganoncides... :p

So basically, they're trying to pull a Chudat? If they are, then it isn't working xD like I'm not about to fall for that of all things.

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35

I was playing someone on For Glory once as Robin and wrecked them. Game two they swapped to Falco and pretty much only used down B.

I... I'm ashamed to say that I lost...

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I die to Din's Fire in the most stupid ways because of dumb habits I have from Brawl in which I'd cancel momentum with Zelda's bair or fair BUT OH THEY'RE SUPER SLOW IN SM4SH and I always eat Din's thanks to her sh*tty design.

Top Bottom