• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
So I've been watching lloD's Peach, and he's doing great with her in nearly every MU. So, I'm just wondering where you guys think she is on the tier list. From what I can tell, she's Brawl Peach without autocancelled fair to jab being safe on shield, float aerials now stale, slightly slower Turnips, but now she has a better uair that's disjointed and can juggle, a faster Peach Bomber that's great for mid range punishes and is safe on shield, and a ton of kill power. Customs make her even better. I'd put her high, maybe around 10-15th best, but I want to hear what you guys think.
Top tier people just don't see it yet. Imo 6th

D

Deleted member

So I've been watching lloD's Peach, and he's doing great with her in nearly every MU. So, I'm just wondering where you guys think she is on the tier list. From what I can tell, she's Brawl Peach without autocancelled fair to jab being safe on shield, float aerials now stale, slightly slower Turnips, but now she has a better uair that's disjointed and can juggle, a faster Peach Bomber that's great for mid range punishes and is safe on shield, and a ton of kill power. Customs make her even better. I'd put her high, maybe around 10-15th best, but I want to hear what you guys think.
I'd say she's 13th-9th. While her Uair doesn't have as much as kill power as her old Uair, it can still kill AND juggle. It also lasts longer than her old Uair. Peach Bomber OHMAHGAWD is a lot better now. I played Brawl a few days ago and jesus her Side B is SO SLOW. Dsmash isn't terrible anymore. Usmash's sourspot is capable of killing now and it has more range (Thank you, Ribbon). Her Fair lag isn't bad but it's ehhh. Fair basically hits like a bus. I think Bair has slightly less range and end lag. Dair also has a little more end lag. Utilt and Ftilt are weaker but can combo now. Dtilt can't spike aerial opponents anymore. Jab has less range. Turnips have more pluck time, which sucks, but there's more of a chance to get Stitches, Bombs and Saturns (No more Beam Sword *sob*). Parasol, like many other Up B's, has more kill power. And she can jump higher now. The only AT's I used in Brawl were glide tossing and the instant turnip ledge thing. The loss of glide tossing hurt Peach, but doesn't ruin her. and the turnip ledge thing was another thing that hurt Peach, especially now with the extra plucking time. However, she can combo better, kill faster, also mover faster. She has trouble against smaller characters like PIkachu. Also, you can use Float to play with your opponent's mind. I was facing a Sonic on FG a while ago and I was floating near the upper blast line. I was waiting, trying to get him to approach me from above. This method worked, and I was able to float away while he was Up B'ing, and came in with a Parasol kill. I'm sure other opponents will know not to approach Peach from above now that she's got a way better Up B, but this is an example of what you can do with Float. I think she does fairly well against top tiers, however Shiek is pretty hard for her. Whenever I face Rosas, I don't have that much trouble tbh. Along with smaller characters, quicker characters may also give Peach a hard time like ZSS. Overall, with some of her AT's removed, but with a better Uair, faster movement, better combo ability and more kill power, Peach should be in the 13th-9th range.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
If you think Strategy games are boring bruh, then thats coo'.

I used to think the same thing, then I actually played the games and were like :O
The thing is I like strategy games. Pikmin is one of my favorite seires.

I guess I don't like turn-based strategy though. I tried out Code Name: STEAM too and didn't find it that engaging.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Somewhere in the #7~15 range. She has amazing movement options plus range and kill power, and of course the potential swing factor of stitchface/Bob-omb pulls.

For customs off anyway, I dunno much about her custom options. I don't really know anything about her MUs either, but on paper she seems like a strong character with a high skill ceiling and I've been impressed by the Peaches I've seen.

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Ur avy is ****ing adorable, imma stick MKs mask on Pikas face to make it comprete.

Anyway check this ****

Evil
:4ganondorf:

Bad
:wolf::4bowser::4bowserjr:

Neutral
:4duckhunt::4metaknight::4darkpit::4wario2::4villager::4mewtwo::4charizard::4pikachu::4greninja::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::pichumelee:

Good
:4falcon::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4mario::4drmario::4falco::4fox::4gaw::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucas::4lucina::4luigi::4marth::4megaman::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pit::4rob::4robinm::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::roypm::younglinkmelee:

Pokemon are basically animals minding their own business, but the number of sissy good guys are too damn high. The only outright evil character is Ganon but he looks like a dork in this game.
Wouldn't Game and Watch be Neutral though? '-'

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Well @XDanDan612 since you main Peach, how much do you think customs improve her? I know Sleepy Toad and Light Veggies are a straight upgrade, as are the two Peach Bombers. But which of the Bombers is better? Or is it matchup dependent?

D

Deleted member

Well @XDanDan612 since you main Peach, how much do you think customs improve her? I know Sleepy Toad and Light Veggies are a straight upgrade, as are the two Peach Bombers. But which of the Bombers is better? Or is it matchup dependent?
Gorl I don't use customs. I never have, actually.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Okay, spent some time familiarizing myself with Peach's customs.

I'd stick to default Toad, Sleepy Toad is really laggy on startup and ending and the reward off the default is good enough imo.

All three bombers seem good, I'd need to play around with them more to pick a favorite but they all have merit.

Default upB is definitely the best.

I can see where Light Veggies could have use but I feel like the damage from the default ones is more valuable...Light Veggies also seem like they'd be really easy for opponents to catch and use against you.

1x11 or maybe 1x12 sets if I were to play Peach I guess.

Soul.

I was going to talk about customs, but meh... forget it. This game's community will never have a truce or some ****.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Tried to download Tropical freeze today and didn't have enough space.

This is why I like physical copies.
I guess I'll have to go buy a hard drive now.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Okay, spent some time familiarizing myself with Peach's customs.

I'd stick to default Toad, Sleepy Toad is really laggy on startup and ending and the reward off the default is good enough imo.

All three bombers seem good, I'd need to play around with them more to pick a favorite but they all have merit.

Default upB is definitely the best.

I can see where Light Veggies could have use but I feel like the damage from the default ones is more valuable...Light Veggies also seem like they'd be really easy for opponents to catch and use against you.

1x11 or maybe 1x12 sets if I were to play Peach I guess.
I keep hearing that Marth/Lucina love Light Veggies. Is it a guarantee Shield Breaker?
I was going to talk about customs, but meh... forget it. This game's community will never have a truce or some ****.
I hate to say it but the only solution and I guess truce for customs is Smogon Style Smash.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Question: Is most of Smash in the US focused or recorded/streamed in the east and west coast?

Falco should only get a buff to his walk speed, and reduce the landing lag on his Side-B. Honestly, a Side-B buff would fix his mobility issues.

Falco has a good game plan and excellent vertical mobility, he just needs options in neutral and fixes to U-Smash and N-air's hitboxes. I'd only want lasers being buffed through damage. SHDL are sorely missed but they took it out for a (very good) reason.
Falco's walk speed is ranked 10. He doesn't need to walk any faster. Dashing on the hand would be nice if he wasn't ranked 35-37 and slower than Ike of all people. A man in armor and carrying a two-handed sword runs faster than a dude wearing shinguards and has a blaster that's probably similar in weight to a "heavy" handgun assuming it's made of metal and not some carbon-based material or something lighter since Star Fox is set centuries ahead of current day science. Ike also moves through the air better than Falco. We can call it momentum, but really? Falco's air game isn't even on Luigi's level and Luigi moves slower in the air than Falco. Someone asked for some stuff on Falco and it'd be a pain to reformat since I quoted him several times to breakdown the explanations: http://smashboards.com/threads/falc...y-discussion-q-a.367184/page-25#post-18889435.

The funny thing is this: I would not be surprised if Falco gets nerfed and not buffed in any way, but straight up nerfed. His buffs between 1.03 and 1.04 were superficial at best; 3% more damage on landing Fair and "faster" firing rate on Blaster. Yeah, that 3% goes a long way on a move that generally kills off-stage or in the air and the "faster" firing rate is moot when his end lag is utter **** compared to Luigi's Fireball endlag which I will remind people does 5% compared to Falco's 3%. Fair losing its ability to spike took away Falco's only janky way of killing people early with a frame 12 move. Compare that to killing someone with a frame 3 Uair that has a messed up hitbox or the stupid lingering hitbox of Villager's sprouting Tree. There were no changes to end lag, landing lag, knockback, hitboxes, or any thing that would have meant more than 3% more on a laggy hit that can only happen on the ground.

Vote for scarf Pikachu pls Kappa
ZeRo would approve. :p
Ur avy is ****ing adorable, imma stick MKs mask on Pikas face to make it comprete.

Anyway check this ****

Evil
:4ganondorf:

Bad
:wolf::4bowser::4bowserjr:

Neutral
:4duckhunt::4metaknight::4darkpit::4wario2::4villager::4mewtwo::4charizard::4pikachu::4greninja::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::pichumelee:

Good
:4falcon::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4mario::4drmario::4falco::4fox::4gaw::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucas::4lucina::4luigi::4marth::4megaman::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pit::4rob::4robinm::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::roypm::younglinkmelee:

Pokemon are basically animals minding their own business, but the number of sissy good guys are too damn high. The only outright evil character is Ganon but he looks like a dork in this game.
I thought Wolf was more of an anti-hero now, so he'd be more on the neutral side. *waits for retcon where Wolf replaces Slippy* YAY! No more Slippy! :p

Little Mac might be neutral since he hasn't done anything heroic or seems to be heroic at all; he just some dude who boxes. Also, Duck Hunt Dog is obviously evil.

Just remembered who lloD was, his MK is complete doodoo.
His Peach is good... but he plays Peach in like all of the games she's been in...

Last edited:

Soul.

I hate to say it but the only solution and I guess truce for customs is Smogon Style Smash.
But if we go that way, we'll end up banning the majority of the custom moves. Then the pro-custom fanbase goes into a rage-fest and will keep raging.

Soul.

The common catchphrase for pro-customs: "If we don't use them now, when will we? It's now or never".

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The thing is I like strategy games. Pikmin is one of my favorite seires.
Pikmin 2 is my favorite game of all time. Wouldn't call it my favorite series as Pikmin 1 I was incredibly meh on, though, Pikmin 3 was amazing! But not that close to 2.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Pikmin's always been in a weird spot for me; I loved Pikmin 1 but hated having to race the timer. 2 fixed that and introduced two new interesting Pikmin colors as well, yet I didn't like it as much as 1. And of course I haven't played 3.

To put it in perspective, I played through 1 multiple times and 100%'d it at least once, but I didn't even finish 2.

I've never played any Pikmin games
Or :4fox::4myfriends::4wario2::4wiifit:<<< their games for that matter
oh boy new topics I get to type lists for!

I haven't played :4darkpit::4littlemac::4lucas::4ness::4marth::4rob::4shulk::4wiifit:'s games

EDIT: wait does ROB in MKDS count

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
But if we go that way, we'll end up banning the majority of the custom moves. Then the pro-custom fanbase goes into a rage-fest and will keep raging.
We should not ban anything unless we have significant evidences that a move or combination of moves is/are ban worthy. I doubt majority of custom moves will be banned. There are some that we should look into but nothing in my humble opinion seems ban worthy except for Ganon's Dark Fist. That move is ******** (I hope you are satisfied now Blobface). Anyways, this is not the place to discuss which move is broken or not. We already have a thread about it. As a person who is for customs, I will be glad to have customs that help the viablility of low tiers characters. If we need to "ban" a few to unify the community then so be it.

If we went Smogon style for custom moves we'd even end up banning Zelda's customs
Zelda is already broken as she is. She doesn't need customs. If we want to nerf Zelda but patch Sheik, Sakurai needs to combine them into one character (slot) again.

I thought Wolf was more of an anti-hero now, so he'd be more on the neutral side. *waits for retcon where Wolf replaces Slippy* YAY! No more Slippy! :p
Speaking of Star Fox, isn't the Wii U version supposed to coming out this year? Why haven't we heard anything about it yet. Not even a trailer or heck a teaser for it. I am afraid it either has been delay or worse cancel. Nintendo pls! Stop playing with your loyal fans' heart.

Soul.

We should not ban anything unless we have significant evidences that a move or combination of moves is/are ban worthy. I doubt majority of custom moves will be banned. There are some that we should look into but nothing in my humble opinion seems ban worthy except for Ganon's Dark Fist. That move is ******** (I hope you are satisfied now Blobface). Anyways, this is not the place to discuss which move is broken or not. We already have a thread about it. As a person who is for customs, I will be glad to have customs that help the viablility of low tiers characters. If we need to "ban" a few to unify the community then so be it.
This is a social thread dude lol. (The competitive social thread). People talk about customs here too.
Still, I agree with your post.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Speaking of Star Fox, isn't the Wii U version supposed to coming out this year? Why haven't we heard anything about it yet. Not even a trailer or heck a teaser for it. I am afraid it either has been delay or worse cancel. Nintendo pls! Stop playing with your loyal fans' heart.
'Cause Nintendo might pull something like this; skip to 1:40 if you don't care for the whole thing. Zelda Wii U missing E3 means Nintendo might have to do something else to create interest and why not do Star Fox Wii U and Wolf for SSB4?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm pretty much furious now. I missed my chance to get the inklings from best buy because my mom was out.

Another place I could potentially get them is gone.

I think my only hope is amazon. Not like I can guarantee my mom to be here when that is up. I hate this.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
This is a social thread dude lol. (The competitive social thread). People talk about customs here too.
Still, I agree with your post.
Awhile this is true, if I recall correctly... local residents in this social gathering already tired of this same song and dance. We can talk about customs but whether need to be ban or not can be done else where. Now, let's talk about where the hell is my damn Star Fox information?!

'Cause Nintendo might pull something like this; skip to 1:40 if you don't care for the whole thing. Zelda Wii U missing E3 means Nintendo might have to do something else to create interest and why not do Star Fox Wii U and Wolf for SSB4?
Yeah... I remember watch that video awhile ago. Each time I watched it I just get MOTIVATED! I cannot wait for this game. I wish it was the director's cut edition tho.

EDIT: Oops. I think mean to double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Awhile this is true, if I recall correctly... local residents in this social gathering already tired of this same song and dance. We can talk about customs but whether need to be ban or not can be done else where. Now, let's talk about where the hell is my damn Star Fox information?!
I dunno. I'm just waiting to see if there are any upcoming 3DS games this year.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Characters whose games I haven't played:
:4diddy: :4fox: :4falco: :4lucas: :4megaman: :4alph:

Yeah, I've actually played Gyromite (:4rob:) once. It was years ago, so I don't remember much of it, and I don't feel like breaking the bank to re-experience it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom