• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
ok
I don't know where did the "Pikachu has a slight disadvantage against Greninja" thing come from. where did that come from.
I was doing some matches vs. a Greninja and as I said, Thunder is a good combo breaker. so yeah, Uber ninja tries to UAir a Pikachu after a uthrow, use Thunder.

although uair stuff is irrevelant, pls go on
competitive impressions thread + greninja matchup(social?) thread

Supposedly Greninja has the right amount of speed and range to be annoying for Pikachu to deal with, and isn't exactly walled out by tjolt, but it's still a pretty even matchup overall. I usually see :4pikachu: 45:55 :4greninja: from players of both sides of the matchup

I haven't played any good Pikas as Greninja though so I have no personal input on it, I'm just parroting others.

As an aside, uthrow>uair is a pretty strict combo and stops working that much sooner with rage involved, so against Greninjas that persistently attempt it but miss the combo window you can interrupt them with things all day.

various gorls said:
Blaze is laggy
Uh...it's slow to move and slow to explode, but Zelda's able to act as soon as the explosion starts. If somebody airdodges or nairs through Din's Fire, you can't do anything about it; if they airdodge through Din's Blaze, you're able to act and able to punish.

It's all about setups and denying space with no direct offensive applications though, so I can see why people would prefer the other options because it is a very different move from Flare/Fire.

I think blaze is bad
The funny thing is, I just saw this post again when looking for something else in the thread earlier today:
Imo the best set for zelda for singles is 1313

Last edited:

Soul.

competitive impressions thread + greninja matchup(social?) thread

Supposedly Greninja has the right amount of speed and range to be annoying for Pikachu to deal with, and isn't exactly walled out by tjolt, but it's still a pretty even matchup overall. I usually see :4pikachu: 45:55 :4greninja: from players of both sides of the matchup

I haven't played any good Pikas as Greninja though so I have no personal input on it, I'm just parroting others.

As an aside, uthrow>uair is a pretty strict combo and stops working that much sooner with rage involved, so against Greninjas that persistently attempt it but miss the combo window you can interrupt them with things all day.
The Greninja I was playing with online did that combo and he was in early percents, not with rage lol. I was the one with rage. Alternatively, Pika DAir can stop the uair too with its priority.
I'll agree with the rest tho Uber Frog is fast and annoying for Pokémon Mascot. After a bit of testing, I saw that Thunder Jolt destroys Water Shuriken (possibly fully charged). I could be wrong.... eh. Frog's so fast I can't even utilt to start combos

Play me and if I win I'll give you a Volt Absorb Pachirisu.... which I don't have because VGC is love :troll:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The Greninja I was playing with online did that combo and he was in early percents, not with rage lol. I was the one with rage. Alternatively, Pika DAir can stop the uair too with its priority.
I'll agree with the rest tho Uber Frog is fast and annoying for Pokémon Mascot. After a bit of testing, I saw that Thunder Jolt destroys Water Shuriken (possibly fully charged). I could be wrong.... eh. Frog's so fast I can't even utilt to start combos
lol i dunno maybe he's just bad
It is pretty hard to land online though, I'm bad too. Although it's a special kind of bad to have it interrupted by a 14f dair.

Tjolt is more spammable than uncharged/partially charged shurikens, fully charged is indestructible though. I think uncharged shurikens can go under the arc of tjolt with proper timing but I could be wrong.

Play me and if I win I'll give you a Pachirisu
is that a threat

are you threatening me

Could someone here teach me how to data mine and/or read frame data?
I'd offer but I think BJN39 has a secret societyconversation set up for that already

Soul.

lol i dunno maybe he's just bad
It is pretty hard to land online though, I'm bad too. Although it's a special kind of bad to have it interrupted by a 14f dair.

Tjolt is more spammable than uncharged/partially charged shurikens, fully charged is indestructible though. I think uncharged shurikens can go under the arc of tjolt with proper timing but I could be wrong.

is that a threat

are you threatening me
lol no he wasn't bad. maybe I just don't remember well. I didn't even save the replays

a threat is protean low kick

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Din's Blaze is my favorite. I feel it just does what vanilla Din's can do better. Flare might be nice in conjunction with Squall so that you at least have something to use for punishing from afar. Vanilla Din's is a worst of both worlds scenario to me and I'll never touch it when customs are on. So for me it's Blaze>Flare>Fire.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
For me I like default Din's Fire the most overall. I also really like Din's Blaze but it's a lot harder to force air dodges (which is my main use for Din in general). Din's Fire has enough control to still be effective at edge guarding and landing traps while Din's Blaze is mainly for settings traps and forcing opponents into positions. I love the option of making the opponent air dodge offstage to make them recover low. This forces a choice between eating Din's Fire or recovering low and probably eating a Dair spike.

In doubles I would use Din's Blaze more because it has a lot of team synergy. If your parter grabs someone while you are setting up a Blaze on the stage they can throw them into it for massive damage. You can also use Din's Blaze to close off parts of the stage momentarily.

For me:
Singles:
Din's Fire > Din's Flare > Din's Blaze

Doubles:
Din's Blaze > Din's Fire > Din's Flare

It all really depends on your play style.
Mostly agree with all of this. I haven't personally used any of Din's customs so I dunno. The only memory I have of Blaze is a time Macchiato used it against me and I didn't notice it was Blaze so airdodged too soon and died to it, hahaha. I guess that's a good thing for it :'D

Uh...it's slow to move and slow to explode, but Zelda's able to act as soon as the explosion starts. If somebody airdodges or nairs through Din's Fire, you can't do anything about it; if they airdodge through Din's Blaze, you're able to act and able to punish.

It's all about setups and denying space with no direct offensive applications though, so I can see why people would prefer the other options because it is a very different move from Flare/Fire.
Tbh I'd have to use it. I had no idea Zelda could move as soon as it exploded so I guess it has some potential. I'll have to try and unlock it later.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Just kidding @ Nammy12 Nammy12 I will get you started because I am terribly bored and this coffee is making me feel motivated.

Let's take Zelda's dair as an example:
def game_6C():
AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=4.000000, )
unk_170(0xD, 0x2100, )

AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=14.000000, )
Hitbox_026(ID=0x0, GID=0x0, Bone=0x7, Damage=16.000000, Angle=0x10E, KBG=0x41, WKB=0x0, BKB=0x1E, Size=4.000000, Z=0.000000, Y=0.000000, X=0.000000, Element=0x1A, Tripping=0x0, Hitlag=1.000000, SDI=1.000000, unk_=0x1, unk_=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, 0x3, 0x10, 0x3, 0x1, 0xF, )
AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=15.000000, )
Hitbox_026(ID=0x0, GID=0x0, Bone=0x5, Damage=5.000000, Angle=0x113, KBG=0x5A, WKB=0x0, BKB=0x5, Size=6.000000, Z=0.000000, Y=0.000000, X=0.000000, Element=0x0, Tripping=0x0, Hitlag=1.000000, SDI=1.000000, unk_=0x1, unk_=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, 0x0, 0x2, 0x3, 0x1, 0x6, )
Hitbox_026(ID=0x1, GID=0x0, Bone=0x7, Damage=4.000000, Angle=0x113, KBG=0x46, WKB=0x0, BKB=0x0, Size=6.000000, Z=0.000000, Y=0.000000, X=0.000000, Element=0x0, Tripping=0x0, Hitlag=1.000000, SDI=1.000000, unk_=0x1, unk_=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, 0x0, 0x2, 0x3, 0x1, 0x6, )
AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=25.000000, )
RemoveAllHitboxes_014()

AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=40.000000, )
unk_16F(0xD, 0x2100, )

End_196()
unk_170(0xD, 0x2100, ) sets the landing lag flag, while unk_16F clears it. This means dair autocancels before frame 4 (the frame landing lag is set) and after frame 39 (the frame before landing lag is cleared).

On frame 14, dair's sweetspot is set. Bone=0x7 tells us the hitbox is tied to bone 7 (Zelda's foot), meaning the X/Y/Z coordinates will relate to that. Values aside from damage are given in hexadecimal, so the knockback angle is 270°, KBG is 65, and BKB is 30. Size and XYZ relate to the size and location of the hitbox (duh) and use the same units of scale with size referring to the radius. Element=0x1A tells us the hit is magic element, though elements largely don't affect much.

On frame 15, the sweetspot's hitbox ID, 0x0, is changed to have her sourspot properties, thus also removing her sweetspot hitbox. Another hitbox is added with the same Group ID, meaning that both hitboxes can't hit the same opponent.

The hitboxes are removed on frame 25, meaning the last active frame is frame 24.

So from this data, we learn the following:

Dair
Frame 14-14: 16% 30b/65g 270° Magic
Hitbox size 4.0, located on Zelda's foot with no displacement.

Frame 15-24: (5%, 4%) (5b/90g, 0b/70g) 275°
Hitbox 1 size 6.0, located on Zelda's leg with no displacement.
Hitbox 2 size 6.0, located on Zelda's foot with no displacement.

Landing lag if landing from 4-39f

---

The unlabeled values mean stuff too, and there's stuff like SynchronousTimers and FrameSpeedMultipliers that aren't used in this example, but I get the feeling there's already plenty of info elsewhere that's more thorough so I don't want to type too much unnecessary stuff. If you have more questions though feel free to ask, I know there's a lot I either didn't cover or didn't go in-depth on.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I know none of you gorls care, but my favorite singer ever just announced that she's going to release a new album this year. I'm legit freaking out.

2015 is going to be a fantastic year, musically.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I know none of you gorls care, but my favorite singer ever just announced that she's going to release a new album this year. I'm legit freaking out.

I always care about music. Who's this singer?!

D

Deleted member

I CARE cx. As everyone here knows, Selena Quintanilla-Perez is my favorite singer and there's gonna be a 2-day festival in her hometown honoring her life/legacy. I'm definitely gonna be going to it cx.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Lavani Lavani

I tried. I genuinely did. :'D
I even tried to use pretty colors to make it easier to understand ;_;

@ Lavani Lavani what do you know about the element 1 aka "push"
Honestly? I don't really pay attention to elements so I didn't know it was even a thing.

Based on the hitboxes with the property I'd assume it's used for the flags to tell something when to do the next action (Raptor Boost/Upperdash/Electroshock transitioning from dash to punch, Fire Hydrant transitioning from falling to landing)

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Honestly? I don't really pay attention to elements so I didn't know it was even a thing.

Based on the hitboxes with the property I'd assume it's used for the flags to tell something when to do the next action (Raptor Boost/Upperdash/Electroshock transitioning from dash to punch, Fire Hydrant transitioning from falling to landing)
Alright thanks

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I feel like I should be helping with the data talk for @ Nammy12 Nammy12 but then @ Lavani Lavani just walks in and explains more than half of it so well (And with colors!) while I would've been doing awkward text walls, and like, trying to relate each thing more than necessary, and then not having covered everything. (Indigo Jeans styled his data stuff in the convo, lmao) I mean, I can assist with the rest of the data where I can, and if you have any questions, I could probably answer them. ^ ^

^ Look at that, a text wall.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I always care about music. Who's this singer?!
I CARE cx. As everyone here knows, Selena Quintanilla-Perez is my favorite singer and there's gonna be a 2-day festival in her hometown honoring her life/legacy. I'm definitely gonna be going to it cx.
ty for caring, gorls
Her name is Sia Furler. Her most well-known songs are Breathe Me (here) and more recently, Chandelier (here). She's honestly the best live singer I've ever heard. Her songs are better live than the studio versions. I could rant about how perfect and amazing she is for hours.

I've been listening to her since like 2010, so her new-found fame is really strange for me. Like, people actually know who she is now. At least she does a lot more live performances now.

I would recommend all of her music, but Some People Have Real Problems is probably my favorite album of hers (and one of my favorite records of all time). 1000 Forms of Fear is great but is more pop, as is We Are Born. Colour The Small One is very dark and introspective but is an absolutely fantastic album. It may even be her best.

If anyone wants to know, my top 3 favorite singers are:
1.Sia
2.Ingrid Michaelson
3.Imogen Heap

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I feel like I should be helping with the data talk for @ Nammy12 Nammy12 but then @ Lavani Lavani just walks in and explains more than half of it so well (And with colors!) while I would've been doing awkward text walls, and like, trying to relate each thing more than necessary, and then not having covered everything. (Indigo Jeans styled his data stuff in the convo, lmao) I mean, I can assist with the rest of the data where I can, and if you have any questions, I could probably answer them. ^ ^

^ Look at that, a text wall.
still better then when indigo jeans gave me a reading list and pretty much said have fun

D

Deleted member

ty for caring, gorls
Her name is Sia Furler. Her most well-known songs are Breathe Me (here) and more recently, Chandelier (here). She's honestly the best live singer I've ever heard. Her songs are better live than the studio versions. I could rant about how perfect and amazing she is for hours.

I've been listening to her since like 2010, so her new-found fame is really strange for me. Like, people actually know who she is now. At least she does a lot more live performances now.

1.Sia
2.Ingrid Michaelson
3.Imogen Heap
OMF Sia's music is pretty awesome. The music videos are a bit, well, weird, but I know there are deep meanings behind them cx.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
ty for caring, gorls

I would recommend all of her music, but Some People Have Real Problems is probably my favorite album of hers (and one of my favorite records of all time). 1000 Forms of Fear is great but is more pop, as is We Are Born. Color The Small One is very dark and introspective but is an absolutely fantastic album. It may even be her best.

1.Sia
2.Ingrid Michaelson
3.Imogen Heap
Omg I love Sia too! I love Chandelier, especially the meaning behind it.
smh when people ask "why'd she write a song about a chandelier?" Like no, pls look deeper into it k thx

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
OMF Sia's music is pretty awesome. The music videos are a bit, well, weird, but I know there are deep meanings behind them cx.
They are very strange but yes, they do have deeper meanings. Elastic Heart's music video is supposedly about Sia's relationship with her father. He had DID (look it up because I can't spell the actual name) and so Shia LeBeouf is supposedly symbolizing her father and how he held her back, yet she still loved him. The girl (Maddie Ziegler) sybolizes Sia.

Omg I love Sia too! I love Chandelier, especially the meaning behind it.
smh when people ask "why'd she write a song about a chandelier?" Like no, pls look deeper into it k thx
tbh I've never met anyone else who likes Sia. My friends are all into rap (gross) so they say Sia is trash.

Chandelier is actually about Sia's struggle with alcoholism, if you didn't know. She got depressed, self-medicated, and turned to alcohol. She ended up almost committing suicide. Fun fact: Sia originally wrote Chandelier for Rihanna but it hit too close to home with the alcoholism message, so she had to keep it for herself.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I've heard about Sia. I remember some friends showed her stuff to me back when, I think the song's name was "Buttons?" Anyways that was the first thing I heard of her. She's pretty nice, can't say I've followed her trajectory, but I like her voice a lot and she seems like a cool gal.

They are very strange but yes, they do have deeper meanings. Elastic Heart's music video is supposedly about Sia's relationship with her father. He had DID (look it up because I can't spell the actual name) and so Shia LeBeouf is supposedly symbolizing her father and how he held her back, yet she still loved him. The girl (Maddie Ziegler) sybolizes Sia.
You mean Dissociative Identity? That's when they have multiple personalities. If her dad had that that's VERY rough for her. It's one of the worst disorders to have.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Chandelier is actually about Sia's struggle with alcoholism, if you didn't know. She got depressed, self-medicated, and turned to alcohol. She ended up almost committing suicide. Fun fact: Sia originally wrote Chandelier for Rihanna but it hit too close to home with the alcoholism message, so she had to keep it for herself.
Yeah, that's the deeper meaning I was talking about and is why I'm just like smh whenever people think the song is simply about her swinging on a chandelier.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've heard about Sia. I remember some friends showed her stuff to me back when, I think the song's name was "Buttons?" Anyways that was the first thing I heard of her. She's pretty nice, can't say I've followed her trajectory, but I like her voice a lot and she seems like a cool gal.
I'ts one of her more "unique" songs, but Buttons has the best music video.
She puts giant condoms on her face. Idk what else anyone could want

sorry everyone for posting in such rapid succession

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

tbh I've never met anyone else who likes Sia. My friends are all into rap (gross) so they say Sia is trash.

I also heard that in the Elastic Heart video, Shia LeBeouf is supposed to represent the old Sia and Maddie is supposed to represent the new Sia, but I think the whole father-daughter thing is what EH's video was aiming for cx.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah, that's the exact video, hahahaha. Man, that brings back a LOT of memories from like 2007 or something.

Holy **** that was almost 8 years ago :'D

Brb getting drunk on tequila.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Tbh

@ Lorde Lorde You're pretty playful around here but I think you're holding back a bit here. No worries though. I appreciate how much you contribute to Smash 4 Zelda both socially and competitively. Hope you'll stay here a while :)

@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 Stop underestimating yourself, imo. It actually makes you play bad. I feel like you have a solid Zelda but think positively and keep at it. You already have the respect from a lot of BC Smash 4. Btw, eating out with Michael probably Friday/Saturday at Anton's. Wanna come? :)

@ Fernosaur Fernosaur Love how you're quite open discussing certain topics here. Really wish I could meet you in Mexico, then here in Vancity. Food is all my treat. As of recent, we haven't talked much BUT I am hugely impressed with your Farore's Squall thread. It's actually making me think twice about looking the other way for Smash 4.

@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 Sorry, don't know very much about you at all. My fault, not yours. I just don't bother catching up and only end up reading the latest page. Thanks for contributing to competitive Zelda though!

Should I do more of these? :)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yeah, that's the deeper meaning I was talking about and is why I'm just like smh whenever people think the song is simply about her swinging on a chandelier.
Some people are so obtuse.
Have you listened to any of her stuff other than Chandelier?

I also heard that in the Elastic Heart video, Shia LeBeouf is supposed to represent the old Sia and Maddie is supposed to represent the new Sia, but I think the whole father-daughter thing is what EH's video was aiming for cx.
I haven't heard that interpretation but, like any art, it's up to the viewer to interpret it. That's definitely a valid interpretation.

You mean Dissociative Identity? That's when they have multiple personalities. If her dad had that that's VERY rough for her. It's one of the worst disorders to have.
I couldn't spell dissociative but yes, that's what I meant. She has talked about it in a few interviews. Her father had a nice personality where he was loving and outgoing and a mean one where he was verbally abusive and violent. I can find the interview if you're interested.

edit:
@ Lorde Lorde You're pretty playful around here but I think you're holding back a bit here. No worries though. I appreciate how much you contribute to Smash 4 Zelda both socially and competitively. Hope you'll stay here a while :)
aw ty, sis; you're too kind. I really do like when you're around (although it's not as frequently anymore :( )
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "holding back?" You can be blunt if you have to; it won't hurt my feelings lol

You should do more of these, though. It's a fun idea.
Maybe I'll do some eventually.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think Marth's Fair has a deadzone near the tip of Falchion. Maybe Lucina too. It might be lag, but I don't think it's that severe to cause the tip of Falchion to miss entirely. As for Mario and Dr. Mario's Side Smash, do they miss if it's used at pointblank? Either I still had I-frames from the get up roll - I need to check the replay - or I ran into Mario while he used Side Smash and it just missed entirely.

Also, this might be lag, but does Luigi Cyclone need to be mashed more than Doctor Tornado? Sometimes I try to recovery with them and it feels like Luigi Cyclone needs to mashed a hell of a lot more than Doctor Tornado.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Tbh

@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 Stop underestimating yourself, imo. It actually makes you play bad. I feel like you have a solid Zelda but think positively and keep at it. You already have the respect from a lot of BC Smash 4. Btw, eating out with Michael probably Friday/Saturday at Anton's. Wanna come? :)
Haha, my worst enemy in Smash is easily myself. I played miserable the past few days and I know it's because I think again, I'm a bad player. But yeah, I'll try my best to remove all my penissism pessimism and just play. c:

I actually think I'm free this Saturday. Just let me know if it's a lunch or dinner because something might come up.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think Marth's Fair has a deadzone near the tip of Falchion. Maybe Lucina too. It might be lag, but I don't think it's that severe to cause the tip of Falchion to miss entirely.
I think the very tip of their sword on some moves doesn't have a hitbox, but don't quote me on that; I haven't done much with Marcina beyond a rudimentary combo list and range comparisons with other characters.

As for Mario and Dr. Mario's Side Smash, do they miss if it's used at pointblank?
Considering Doc's sweetspot is pointblank I don't think it would whiff at that range without intangibility or jank.

Also, this might be lag, but does Luigi Cyclone need to be mashed more than Doctor Tornado? Sometimes I try to recovery with them and it feels like Luigi Cyclone needs to mashed a hell of a lot more than Doctor Tornado.
I sort of feel like it does, but I can't really rise from a fall with either; if Luigi's didn't take more mashing though then it should be easier considering he doesn't fall as fast, so yeah his probably does need you to mash more.

That said, lag can definitely mess with mashing.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
ty for caring, gorls

I would recommend all of her music, but Some People Have Real Problems is probably my favorite album of hers (and one of my favorite records of all time). 1000 Forms of Fear is great but is more pop, as is We Are Born. Colour The Small One is very dark and introspective but is an absolutely fantastic album. It may even be her best.

1.Sia
2.Ingrid Michaelson
3.Imogen Heap
I haven't been coming here that often lately, granted I haven't been on SB much
It's kind of sucky when my only real free time is like 1 in the morning :/
And by then I'm dead tired

Elastic Heart and Guts Over Fear are realllllllly good
Shes such a great singer

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'll be honest, Chandelier was the first time I had heard of her so the only other song I've listened to is Elastic Heart, which is pretty catchy. Haven't really caught up on her older songs
Here's my advice to you (and anyone else) about Sia's music.

It really depends on what your musical taste.
All of Sia's songs are amazingly well written, btw.

Colour the Small One is very dark and introspective (since it's about her boyfriend who died while she was on a flying back to the UK to meet him). It's filled with slow and melancholic songs. Favorites off of it are Moon and The Bully (which was written with Beck, iirc).

Some People Have Real Problems is more upbeat than Colour the Small One but still maintains the sad lyrics and a few ballads. It's my personal favorite album of hers since every song on it is just flawless. Favorites are Death By Chocolate and You Have Been Loved.

We Are Born is even more upbeat and "poppier" than Some People Have Real Problems (which Sia says is due to her being in a relationship while writing it). I actually didn't like this album at first but I warmed up to it eventually. This album contains the only Sia song I don't like (which is The Fight). Favorites are Oh Father (which is a Madonna cover) and I'm In Here.

1000 Forms of Fear is Sia's newest album and is her most accessible, imo. It's basically mainstream pop, but with a twist. The songs are pretty weird and she even said that she was surprised she got away with some of them (seriously, look up the lyrics to Free the Animal). Favorites are Fair Game, Cellophane (which is what my location is quoting), and Hostage.

I hoped this helped anyone who wanted to begin listening to any of Sia's stuff (even though it's kinda just rambling).

Sia does have 2 albums before Colour the Small One but they're weird and I don't like them.

I haven't been coming here that often lately, granted I haven't been on SB much
It's kind of sucky when my only real free time is like 1 in the morning :/
Elastic Heart and Guts Over Fear are realllllllly good
Shes such a great singer
I'm not a fan of rap so I just skip Eminem's parts in Guts Over Fear and listen to Sia lol. Elastic Heart was originally from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire soundtrack. That's why the lyrics are kinda weird. They are both great songs, though.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think the very tip of their sword on some moves doesn't have a hitbox, but don't quote me on that; I haven't done much with Marcina beyond a rudimentary combo list and range comparisons with other characters.

Considering Doc's sweetspot is pointblank I don't think it would whiff at that range without intangibility or jank.

I sort of feel like it does, but I can't really rise from a fall with either; if Luigi's didn't take more mashing though then it should be easier considering he doesn't fall as fast, so yeah his probably does need you to mash more.

That said, lag can definitely mess with mashing.
Well, I fought a dude I think called "Blaise" and he was from Ontario, Canada and his connection was butt. Ontario's not even that far from where I live. It's like about another state over - I live in the Midwest of the US for reference. The lag was noticeable since I could tell I was reacting a bit slower, especially in the first match against his DK. I think I lost to his Charizard on the second match for the same reason. I say I think, because the next guy used Charizard and wasn't that good to say the least. Then there's this dude called "Ant" who I think I've fought before and he always uses that nasty blue Bowser and always leaves after a match... *sigh* For Glory tales.

The worst lag I ever got was against a dude in Chihuahua and he did nothing but spam Stone and rolls while I was Meta Knight. It's annoying because one, hitbox shenanigans, and two, Meta Knight's apparently a precision based character. It was like a second delay.

Anyway, the whole mashing thing becomes inconsistent since sometimes I'll get way up into the air and other times I fast fall for some reason. I even start the next stock/match by doing Cyclone/Tornado to check if you can fast fall it or if I can mash it well and I can, but other times it just doesn't do anything. Fast fall shouldn't even register since I'm inputting Down Special and not fast fall...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since we're talking about music n stuff, does anyone else listen to Selena or am I the only one here? xD

Top Bottom