• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Anyone interested in RPGs? Anyone interested in indie RPGs? Well, Edge of Eternity reminds me of The Last Remnant, Phantasy Star Universe, and something else. It's the atmosphere and style... Well, this is cool since I don't remember seeing an indie RPG. Link to trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJnf5tsmkRw.

That said, the character design looks sort of weird... It's like if everyone was anorexic... This reminds me that I have a lot of RPGs left unplayed or unfinished... Damn backlog.
The moment I saw PSU I clicked lol. The gameplay reminds me more of Final Fantasy than anything. It looks interesting, so I'll be on the lookout for it.
Yep... Time to main Olimar now

Wut

I learned that with Diddy, d-throw > u-air > u-air > f-air is a true combo that deals 35% damage

Buster n-air to f-smash is a true combo that also deals 35% damage

Diddy is totally balanced

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Tired of platforms blocking your teleports? Farore's Squall ignores them! This move keeps getting better and better.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The moment I saw PSU I clicked lol. The gameplay reminds me more of Final Fantasy than anything. It looks interesting, so I'll be on the lookout for it.

Wut
I think it's the world design that reminds me of PSU, especially the first area you go to in the game. Shame that I only got to rent the game...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am absolutely, 100% in favour of an option of a female hero in the new Zelda game.
Even Dark Souls, which is one of the most exclusively masculine fantasy games on the market, has that option.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I am absolutely, 100% in favour of an option of a female hero in the new Zelda game.
Even Dark Souls, which is one of the most exclusively masculine fantasy games on the market, has that option.
Well, we have bishie Link in Zelda Wii U.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Lets have some fun with Farore's Squall girls! I wasn't as lazy in the lab today :awesome:
Woah. That's some pretty crazy stuff you can do, thanks for making a vid on it.
It's funny how we all thought this was her most useless custom, but nope, now we're finding all these unique uses for it~

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Lets have some fun with Farore's Squall girls! I wasn't as lazy in the lab today :awesome:
IloveitIloveitIloveit.

When you made Robin use Elwind and go free fall above the edge I was hoping for another wind push to lolgimp him, but the idea of DAirs seems pretty good too.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
IloveitIloveitIloveit.

When you made Robin use Elwind and go free fall above the edge I was hoping for another wind push to lolgimp him, but the idea of DAirs seems pretty good too.
I actually did this to Lucina but I deleted the video on accident. I was too lazy to record it again :/. If it makes you feel better she flew away a pretty large distance haha.

I love this so much. Anyways anything discovered for rejection?
Nope, Squall has my attention pretty hard atm. I am glad people are finally giving it a chance.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So I took another look at that second match I had against the Fox player I lost to in yesterday's tournament and see what did I do right, and what did I do wrong. And then on the last stock, both of us at relatively high percentages, I realized why I lost.

I landed an Fsmash on him. What he did next would leave you breathless.

B L O O D Y H E L L

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Farore's Squall can stall Charizard's Flare Blitz and throw him into the air. This can lead to Uair kills or Fair punishes on air dodge reads. This only works toward the end of the move since the beginning has to much momentum to push away. It also shuts down Falcon's Raptor Boost 100%.

Edit: I just blocked Raptor Boost with Squall and carried him across the stage into a Uair kill lmao.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
This is basically Zelda's equivalent to Greninja's Hydro Pump! That Din's Fire to Up air setup was also crazy.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Lmao this move is awesome. One of the best defensive moves in the game that also sets up kills. What's a Raptor Boost to wall of wind? A free kill :awesome:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
And Falcon can't shield that? It looked like he had a few frames to act at the end of it.

If he really can't that's amazing

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
That does beg the question if say you are in an online tourney and you're facing an opponent you've never seen before, would you opt for X/X/1/X or X/X/3/3 (Squall and Breaker are BFFs) for the first match. I'm starting to really like the idea of opting for Squall against characters like:4diddy:, :4falcon:,:4fox:and :4littlemac:, but a lot of characters like :rosalina: and :4robinm: (his rapid jab sucks lol) I think you definitely be better off with Wind.

This question doesn't really apply as much to local tourneys as you will see what your opponent will use and you can probably switch accordingly. But will the Squallevator actually dethrone our elevator?

Can someone also test if we can use Squall to get away from :4ness:'s PK FHAAAYAA?

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
And Falcon can't shield that? It looked like he had a few frames to act at the end of it.

If he really can't that's amazing
I tested it and it really depends on where you catch the move. If you block it at the beginning of the move you can't shield it in time. However, if you catch it near the end frames there is a decent amount of time to put up your shield.

Edit:
Can someone also test if we can use Squall to get away from :4ness:'s PK FHAAAYAA?
Squall has no effect on magic based attacks. It can only push physical objects such as players or phantoms. Nayru's Love is an easy solution to PK Fire tho. If you get hit with PK Fire and reflect it with Nayru's Love it makes a wall of fire that blocks approaches for you. :)

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I tested it and it really depends on where you catch the move. If you block it at the beginning of the move you can't shield it in time. However, if you catch it near the end frames there is a decent amount of time to put up your shield.

Squall has no effect on magic based attacks. It can only push physical objects such as players or phantoms. Nayru's Love is an easy solution to PK Fire tho. If you get hit with PK Fire and reflect it with Nayru's Love it makes a wall of fire that blocks approaches for you. :)
Rejection is an interesting move where yew can flip a smash attack and punish. It's also I weird edgeguard tool. The squallator is definitely doable during actual matches, I tested against some level 9 CPUs and the best time to use it is when your opponent is doing a ledge roll, regular ledge get up, ledge get up attack, or when they fail to sweetspot the ledge. I'll upload an example later.

@ Fernosaur Fernosaur @ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 its definitely doable and it's really safe. It can lead to a light kick if they do a ledge jump instead

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
That does beg the question if say you are in an online tourney and you're facing an opponent you've never seen before, would you opt for X/X/1/X or X/X/3/3 (Squall and Breaker are BFFs) for the first match. I'm starting to really like the idea of opting for Squall against characters like:4diddy:, :4falcon:,:4fox:and :4littlemac:, but a lot of characters like :rosalina: and :4robinm: (his rapid jab sucks lol) I think you definitely be better off with Wind.

This question doesn't really apply as much to local tourneys as you will see what your opponent will use and you can probably switch accordingly. But will the Squallevator actually dethrone our elevator?

Squall vs Wind is a matter of match up advantage vs disadvantage. I have the theory that Ness will have a very very hard time against Squall because of the air string stalling and the gimping, and as D3RK said you can get rid of PK Fire with Nayru's Love. Against Rosalina, though, it's much better to use Wind since Squall doesn't do **** to her nor to Luma, and Wind can kill both of them really fast.

I dunno against Robin, tbh, I've never fought a good one. But I'm thinking both would work, one for the KO power and the other for the gimps against their predictable recovery.

I wanna test out what Squall can do to on-stage items like bananas and stuff. We know for a fact that it can stop the hoo haa mid air

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
You do realize Squall and Breaker are both labeled as 2, yes?
Oops, seem to have misread the customization Wiki page, haha.

And actually I meant that Phantom Strike (Phantom 3) and Farore's Squall (Farore's Squall) are BFFs. Definitely can see possible X/X/2/3 set-ups in the future.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
All of these new videos and findings are awesome @ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 and @ Macchiato Macchiato . I just finished watching them all and it's really cool to see so many gimping and KO uses for Squall :D. The SlowDin's kill set up was particularly good.

Do any of you two wanna play to test Squall and other customs in actual battles? I'll use everyone but Zelda :p

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I see squall dethroning wind. It can gimp and is a better recovery, it's breaks combos and jabs and halts some moves. Also the squallator is way more safe and kills at the same percent

Top Bottom