• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Speaking of Usmash KOs, I managed to net two of them on an actually component for FG, FG player.

But hey, it's for glory. Move along, nothing to see here.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
On a completely unrelated note, I just realized how if you edit down one of Zelda's fingers on her Phantom charging animation, it would really look like she's flipping someone off. (see: My avi)

EdiT : it wouldn't be appropriate for me to do that to my avatar, would it? :090:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
On a completely unrelated note, I just realized how if you edit down one of Zelda's fingers on her Phantom charging animation, it would really look like she's flipping someone off. (see: My avi)

EdiT : it wouldn't be appropriate for me to do that to my avatar, would it? :090:
This also happens to Snow Villiers from Final Fantasy XIII. Edit some fingers and boom, the :4falco:.

Speaking of Final Fantasy XIII. @kaazers. :p

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I got a kill with usmash today and all I could think was "I hate it when I hit the wrong button."

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anyone interested in RPGs? Anyone interested in indie RPGs? Well, Edge of Eternity reminds me of The Last Remnant, Phantasy Star Universe, and something else. It's the atmosphere and style... Well, this is cool since I don't remember seeing an indie RPG. Link to trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJnf5tsmkRw.

That said, the character design looks sort of weird... It's like if everyone was anorexic... This reminds me that I have a lot of RPGs left unplayed or unfinished... Damn backlog.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Anyone interested in RPGs? Anyone interested in indie RPGs? Well, Edge of Eternity reminds me of The Last Remnant, Phantasy Star Universe, and something else. It's the atmosphere and style... Well, this is cool since I don't remember seeing an indie RPG. Link to trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJnf5tsmkRw.

That said, the character design looks sort of weird... It's like if everyone was anorexic... This reminds me that I have a lot of RPGs left unplayed or unfinished... Damn backlog.
Wow! The animations are super iffy and stiff, but it looks pretty cool for an indie developed by 4 people! You're right about the char design, though. 2 bishie 2 live

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

The fact that you can ride on a gigantic cat already makes this game 10/10
The designs do look kinda weird tho...

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I think I could get a good Zelda impression, lol.

When I saw this, I immediately thought of myself.

BJN39 is number one!!!:bee:
fixed, to improve confidence

hell ya, manly punch things!
my stupid comment aside, I'm surprised they are going full 3d at that $ goal, course it all depends on the devs time devotion and any side jobs they may have. And I really didn't want to read though the whole kickstarter page. Also I didn't like that music, but that's just me :p

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Okay, play For Glory at this time with the Japanese players wide and rampant and having WAIFU as your tag automatically had them rage quit in 2 seconds. I literally waited like 5 minutes for one match at one time.

Japanese sure don't want to fight the weeaboo stuff.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
So today I went to Barnes & Noble and I found this really cool looking manga but they only seem to have the 2nd book. I have to check if my school carries it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay, play For Glory at this time with the Japanese players wide and rampant and having WAIFU as your tag automatically had them rage quit in 2 seconds. I literally waited like 5 minutes for one match at one time.

My hair stylist is Japanese. She told me she thinks weeaboos are really weird and doesn't understand why so many people are so into Japan.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

They don't run away only from weeaboo stuff. I've waited aeons for someone to come into my room because I just get to scroll through Japanese players being too high and mighty to play with us >_>...

Tbh when that happens I just leave the room and join again and it usually pairs me up with someone from the west.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
jesus christ
I honestly don't see this as a big problem tho...just do what was said, ban the use of a reflecting move in conjunction with Olimar in doubles

how the heck did you kill with usmash LOL
the extremely rare times I do i'm just like...wat
Upsmash isnt THAT weak but also 90% rage to my 100% =[ but yea you can drop out of upsmash so I guess you can call it rare to land. Ive actually been landing more upsmashes recently lolol

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've tried not to use the term 'weeaboo' since it might be offensive but sometimes people refer to themselves as such. IDK. I play it safe.

Zelda's Usmash isn't terrible for killing power but the lack of range sucks. RIP Brawl Zelda's Usmash.

Cenizas

3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I thought weaboo was always negative, and if you were really passionate about anime and stuff you'd consider yourself an otaku. At least that's how I always saw it.

Last edited:
So Xenoblade X is like... really ****ing huge.

I'd probably try to have a crew with the Shulk boards but I wanna play with you guys too :(

Edit: Gonna grind for Zelda's customs

Last edited:

Cenizas

3DS FC
1032-1809-6196

I'd probably try to have a crew with the Shulk boards but I wanna play with you guys too :(

Everytime I see your sig my heart dies a little. And howdy @ Space Stranger Space Stranger what brings you to our neck of the woods at 2 in the morning?

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Upsmash isnt THAT weak but also 90% rage to my 100% =[ but yea you can drop out of upsmash so I guess you can call it rare to land. Ive actually been landing more upsmashes recently lolol
Hey Nairo, the other day I was talking with my brother about how this game seems to be much more balanced than previous incarnations and I showed him one of your matches against someone's Sheik. It made me wonder if you're aware of how early the elevator can kill once Zelda's rageing, cause that **** can kill Sheik at 30-40% if Zeldas over 100%. I saw you had some chances to use it but opted for d-tilt or f-smash instead.

Also, you going to Evo?

Oh! I had forgotten about that crew thing on XB X. I wanna make a crew toooo. I could be in both the Zelda and the Shulks crew :p

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Oh! I had forgotten about that crew thing on XB X. I wanna make a crew toooo. I could be in both the Zelda and the Shulks crew :p
I think it's a bit early to be building crews, we don't have the release date yet

I'm still labbing with Falco @ Ffamran Ffamran

I just wanna focus more time on Shulk and Mario so yeah. I'll see what I find. I have some thoughts to post in the Falco boards

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I thought weaboo was always negative, and if you were really passionate about anime and stuff you'd consider yourself an otaku. At least that's how I always saw it.
Otaku's aren't exclusive to anime, though. One can be an otaku with a variety of different subject matter, usually still being grouped together by the same mannerisms/"passion."

It's kind of how everywhere else sees nerds/geeks, or less culture exclusive, introverts/hobbyists. Usually it's not as negative a connotation.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
This also happens to Snow Villiers from Final Fantasy XIII. Edit some fingers and boom, the :4falco:.

Speaking of Final Fantasy XIII. @kaazers. :p
Ah FFXIII. A trilogy that i felt was good and actually had potential with XIII (storywise and battle wise, not overworld wise) and XIII-2 (i felt it was great with its non linearity, exporation and many sidequests, and the cast was more likable this time around). And then it all can crashing down with the butchered, wet fanfic that is Lightning Returns. Seriously, it had a good rhythm going (reference intended) with XIII and especially XIII-2, but then it bombed. Hard. SMH.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Nightly updates will be the end of me!
I heard it's to prevent future DDoS attacks. Does anyone know if that's true?

Btw I just had a weird glitch happen in For Fun. I was in a match with four people, when P2 dropped midmatch. P3 was still there and fighting, though P4 was acting erratically. On the results screen, the game showed P4 as having dropped midmatch as well, though they weren't acting like a CPU in the match. Come to see on the character select screen, both player slots were empty, however P4's slot had the KO badges still in the bottom left corner. Not thinking much on it, I continued to the battle, however on the waiting stage it still showed P4 as there, though 'Mid-Smash'. This continued on for at least forty-five minutes as I fought P2 and P3, without a P4 ever coming back into the group due to the 'ghost' that was occupying the space. Was it a desync or an odd communication error? I took pictures, have never seen it before.

Edit: Also, the game thought someone was there and not there at the same time. It kept P4 in the space, yet always counted down to zero before starting any matches, as if no one was there.

Last edited:

Kippeh

The Priest
Generally people use the word 'weeaboo' to avoid using the word 'otaku,' because it's got a worse connotation than just being a nerd in Japan. It's not really a word I'd associate myself with, personally. At least with weeaboo it's more of an "oh you're young and impressionable and thus try to imitate the things you love/are inspired by" thing (which is far less offensive than being the definition of "literal scum of society" imo).

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Ah FFXIII. A trilogy that i felt was good and actually had potential with XIII (storywise and battle wise, not overworld wise) and XIII-2 (i felt it was great with its non linearity, exporation and many sidequests, and the cast was more likable this time around). And then it all can crashing down with the butchered, wet fanfic that is Lightning Returns. Seriously, it had a good rhythm going (reference intended) with XIII and especially XIII-2, but then it bombed. Hard. SMH.
I liked 13-2 but I think all that time travel and other things kinda ripped up the story that LR tried to finish up. But I still like it alot minus Serahs awful outfit for the game.

ignoring the fanfic/waifu/fetish stuff that's in LR I think LR did a good job at closing out the story and the combat was the most active it ever was. . I also liked that it tried to make the sidequest feel relevant to Lightnings journey of self discovery lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I think FFXIII actually had a good sci-fi story. The Falci were AI created to run cities and everything, war, blah blah people are stupid. Then the other games brought actual gods in and it stopped making sense. Everything became a matter of 'Deus Ex Machina' or 'this happens because the story needs it to, not because it's logical'.
I heard it's to prevent future DDoS attacks. Does anyone know if that's true?

Btw I just had a weird glitch happen in For Fun. I was in a match with four people, when P2 dropped midmatch. P3 was still there and fighting, though P4 was acting erratically. On the results screen, the game showed P4 as having dropped midmatch as well, though they weren't acting like a CPU in the match. Come to see on the character select screen, both player slots were empty, however P4's slot had the KO badges still in the bottom left corner. Not thinking much on it, I continued to the battle, however on the waiting stage it still showed P4 as there, though 'Mid-Smash'. This continued on for at least forty-five minutes as I fought P2 and P3, without a P4 ever coming back into the group due to the 'ghost' that was occupying the space. Was it a desync or an odd communication error? I took pictures, have never seen it before.

Edit: Also, the game thought someone was there and not there at the same time. It kept P4 in the space, yet always counted down to zero before starting any matches, as if no one was there.
It was a g-g-g-ghost!

Top Bottom