• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
It's over. Get out of my car, NOW. :nifty:

Just had my meeting with my TA today; they arrived earlier then I thought. But we did get some stuff done.

So I'll be pushing some ideas for my group work; such as an online survey, help page, Q&A and an online page/group for different people like neighbours, customers both new and old.

Also, I think I know why we all used to main Zelda, not because we're masochists. But because we're fooled by an illusion created by a certain rabbit. :secretkpop:

And for those that are planning on getting Dragon Ball FighterZ; I hope you all enjoy it, it looks fun (If I did get it; I'd probably main Android 21, Beerus and Gohan Adult or Kid Buu).

Though I still do hope to see it come to Switch (Same goes with Touhou 15.5 since 14.5 came to PS4 ages ago with Reisen as an exclusive).

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Just randomly stumbled across this picture somehow.

idk why it popped up but I'm guess it's because I've been putting "husbando" as a joke in most google searches just to see what would come up. The 2 in the middle are qt pies tho. I'm guessing this is Free! but with bikes or running or something.

Also I got a google survey asking me if I recently searched stuff and one of the options was "I'm calling the police" then it asked me if I found everything OK. Then it gave me .35 cents for the survey. wtf google stop and/or keep going so I can get more free money for feh.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
MYHRR?! L'ARCHEL! ANOTHER EIRKIA?!

Myhrr is an armor dragon btw. Amazing.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
-snip-
MYHRR?! L'ARCHEL! ANOTHER EIRKIA?!

Myhrr is an armor dragon btw. Amazing.
Also Marisa according to the in-game news post. She's said to increase your score for the upcoming Tempest Trials.

I'm not too thrilled about this banner. I was curious what a Latona L'Arachel would have been like and while we finally have another red cavalry mage, I would have preferred a different character. Myrrh being an armored dragon is both interesting and a bit weird since they could have used the dragon laguz from Tellius, right? That said, I'm really digging the artwork, especially Eirika's.

Another thing is that I have a feeling Lloyd's Regal Blade is getting an upgrade soon. Just this feeling considering what Gleipnir and Ivaldi do.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Myrrh being an armored dragon is both interesting and a bit weird since they could have used the dragon laguz from Tellius, right?
My mistake. She isn't an armored dragon. She's a flying dragon. But she's still unique in that sense.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
glad that i don't care about any of the new characters

it's cool that we finally have another green dragon and that hone dragons finally exists. too bad that she's for sure going to be 5* locked

l'arachel looks really underwhelming at face value, and eirika doesn't look too interesting either

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Myrrh worries me. New Breath + Distant Counter really worries me

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My mistake. She isn't an armored dragon. She's a flying dragon. But she's still unique in that sense.
Okay, because that would have been weird since she's the only flying, playable dragon in Fire Emblem as far as I'm aware of. Speaking of Myrrh, she's probably going to get boosted BST, but she's a kid dragon like Fae, Nowi, and kid Tiki, so that's all right. Eirika, L'Arachel, Lyon, and Marisa on the other hand... Gunnthra wasn't introduced with boosted BST, but Eirika and L'Arachel.

l'arachel looks really underwhelming at face value, and eirika doesn't look too interesting either
It doesn't help that blue cavalry mages have the highest population and they pretty much cover every niche with Reinhardt being the slow, heavy hitter and being able to take physical hits, Olwen being the speedy mage who is also capable of being a mage wall, and Ursula who's more of a jack of all trades and regular mage who leans more towards magical defense than physical. And then there's Bruno who I estimated a while back as being a speedy mage as well.

It's nice that there's going to be more blue cavalry mage options, but green and red cavalry mages really need more units, especially red cavalry since Eirika's likely to be a 5* only summon where at least Cecilia is easily recruited and summoned and Gunnthra appears on banners with higher focus rates along with potentially becoming a freebie unit at a certain point in the story. It's why while I like that there's another red cavalry mage and I love Eirika's artwork, I don't have any confidence that I'll even summon her let alone any red mage with my luck. That, and that we could have had the first summonable healer with a legendary staff would have been pretty awesome.

So far, I'm more excited about Lyon and Marisa. Lyon's tome is still a mystery in what it will do and him being probably a given red mage, so I don't have to go through the hoops of summoning for Eirika or anyone else. Assuming they won't pull an Ayra with Marisa, she could bring in a new weapon since she starts with Shamshir in Sacred Stones which is basically a Wo Dao. If it's becomes a personal weapon, then it'd be like how Mia was given the Resolute Blade, a personal Wo Dao. If it's not, then Shamshir could be pretty interesting since they're probably not going to make it this same as Wo Dao as that would be redundant. Worst case scenario is that she just has a Wo Do which isn't bad considering it's a really good sword.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Not to mention she's the 2nd green dragon in the game now. I don't really like the idea of a flying dragon. Does she get flier buffs or not? Also we know she'll have a weakness to bows so that hurts since the biggest boon of dragons is being able to tank and crush bow heauxes with Lightning Breath hax. Either way I'll probably pull for her since I do want more Faes for a -spd/+def nature or something like that.

Eirika using magic is a cute touch. Her and Lyon used to study magic together so I could see how it works. It might be a slight nod to that dark magic glitch in FE8. 2nd red tome horse is cool too I guess. Too bad I don't really like cavalry heauxes.

As for L'Arachel it's cool she gets to use Ivaldi because this game needs more light magic anyway. I like her as a character because she's basically Royal Serra. Not sure if I'd like her as a unit because again cavalry=lame ew. If she were a healer I wouldn't mind about her lame horse.

I'm excited for Lyon because he's a qt pie when he's not possessed. I wonder if it'll be possessed Lyon or qtpie Lyon. And he'll probably have Naglfar but all it's just an incredibly accurate and powerful dark magic tome in FE8. Based on Ivaldi/Gleipnar, Naglfar will probably have +3 atk and +3 atk/spd if enemy is at 100% HP. Meaning Marisa's weapon will be a +3 spd variant. I just hope he's a speedy boi so he can make great use of the effects... But chances are he'll be a bulkier Sophia if he's like himself in FE8 or even Awakening Spotpass iirc.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

:nifty:

Everyone doing okay?

Just writing up the ideas and research I got for my assignment, so that way I can hopefully see more ideas generated from other users.

Also, the Tag Duel event is now open! :yeahboi:
I am curious if we'll be unlocking Yubel from this once the Master Difficulty is unlocked (Then again, we had to wait just for Lv. 50 Marik to spawn a few Events back which was a wait and a half. :V)

I heard the rewards aren't as good similar to the Battle City Event which is a shame. But we'll have to wait and see, I'm just glad there's a new event and potentially a new character to unlock (Hopefully).

Just randomly stumbled across this picture somehow.

idk why it popped up but I'm guess it's because I've been putting "husbando" as a joke in most google searches just to see what would come up. The 2 in the middle are qt pies tho. I'm guessing this is Free! but with bikes or running or something.

Also I got a google survey asking me if I recently searched stuff and one of the options was "I'm calling the police" then it asked me if I found everything OK. Then it gave me .35 cents for the survey. wtf google stop and/or keep going so I can get more free money for feh.
That image is from the series Yowamushi Pedal; if you want a sport anime about bike racing, then you just found it. :secretkpop:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Some people are thinking L’arachel will be tanky, which will probably be underwhelming to most people but it lets her fill a niche that sets her apart from the other blue cavaliers. Otherwise people wouldn’t bother and would just pass her for Rein (which they’ll STILL do, but eh)
If she is bulky then we’d have another viable user of Close Counter, which are hard to come by
I’m conflicted about Eirika cause me and my friends wanted Ephraim too, but I guess he doesn’t exist. Maybe we’ll get lucky and he’ll win the CYL, he seems like he has popularity. But ah, maybe I’ll get lucky and get Eirika on my freebie? I’m saving my orbs for the legendary banner otherwise

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
the ss banner will still be up when the next legendary heroes banner goes live, so definitely wait until it's announced before spending orbs on the ss one

i'm hoping summer corrin will be on the legendary heroes banner, but even if she is, i'm not sure if i want to summon for her just because i'm trying to save up for a caeda 4* focus

i've been a good gorl with saving and currently have 159 orbs and just over 20k feathers. i do want to try out a blade tome build on camilla, but i don't have death blow fodder rn so i guess that can wait

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I’m hoping Summer Gaius is on the banner so I can get his bow, and after that just any other summer units I’d want, since the only ones I’ve gotten are Freddy and Elise (and I killed Elise for GTome Valor before I got her LV 40 convo cause we didn’t have the hero list yet)
I still want Summer Xander for Infantry Pulse and Fire Boost, and if I get a Summer Robin I can do a full Robin team

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Ah yes... Summer Xander would be nice to have.

And I am loyally voting Hector and Olivia.
Because I sadly have no deep extravagant taste in characters, and just adore those two. Q.Q

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I can't preorder DBFZ on the play station store for some reason and I'm really mad.

:150:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Okay, apparently Arc Systems Works has clarified their pricing scheme for BB Tag Battle; apparently it's got a $40 price tag, and the added DLC won't bring the total price up much higher than a normal retail priced game.

I heard the rewards aren't as good similar to the Battle City Event which is a shame. But we'll have to wait and see, I'm just glad there's a new event and potentially a new character to unlock (Hopefully).
You can see the rewards by clicking the button in the corner, no new character.

On the brightside though, the total points you need to beat all three leagues and get their rewards isn't very much at all. No having to grind dice for days like with Duelist Kingdom and Battle City.

i've been a good gorl with saving and currently have 159 orbs and just over 20k feathers. i do want to try out a blade tome build on camilla, but i don't have death blow fodder rn so i guess that can wait
I run Blade Tome Camilla with Darting Blow 3 and after months of running it I still haven't bothered to upgrade from the vanilla blade time. It's just really not a problem, even more so now with NY!Azura.

Though tbh you might be fighting whole different teams than I do considering all of your merges so YMMV I guess, but I feel like she really wants that extra speed.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I run Blade Tome Camilla with Darting Blow 3 and after months of running it I still haven't bothered to upgrade from the vanilla blade tome. It's just really not a problem, even more so now with NY!Azura.

Though tbh you might be fighting whole different teams than I do considering all of your merges so YMMV I guess, but I feel like she really wants that extra speed.
i only have 6 merges total on my arena core (caeda, spring camilla, and summer corrin), and since two of them are mages, my score isn't even that high. i'm usually around like 698-700ish, so i'm not really in that high in the arena

i see a lot of armor and dragon emblem teams, and occasionally i'll see horses. i don't mind because armor teams are usually easy wins

i'd like an elincia banner so i could give flier formation to corrin and camilla since they don't really need their b slots when running blade builds.

looking quickly at the calcs, death blow does give camilla (with full flier buffs) 4 more kills than darting blow does

Ye she's pretty good but she's not Shanna.

So she's the 2nd best blue flier, oops sorry. :secretkpop:
it's okay, even though you're objectively wrong

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Okay, apparently Arc Systems Works has clarified their pricing scheme for BB Tag Battle; apparently it's got a $40 price tag, and the added DLC won't bring the total price up much higher than a normal retail priced game.
They basically stated this in an article after the trailer launched but waiting this long to clarify was basically pr suicide lol.
Pretty sure all the casuals who were interested in this game are still going to stay away from it rip.
I'm guessing it's going to have a smaller playerbase than CF.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
me after the new sacred stones banner reveal
53d.jpg

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The thigh memes are bad enough on the subreddit, please don’t bring them here

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
The thigh memes are bad enough on the subreddit, please don’t bring them here
Didn't the subreddit ban those months ago or something? It got completely out of hand, like, an hour after someone posted the first one.

They basically stated this in an article after the trailer launched but waiting this long to clarify was basically pr suicide lol.
Pretty sure all the casuals who were interested in this game are still going to stay away from it rip.
I'm guessing it's going to have a smaller playerbase than CF.
Eh, maybe. Some good trailers, especially RWBY-related ones with the clarified price point in big and bold font at the end could help with that.

But yeah even I don't know if I'm going to get it; if they're releasing that many characters as DLC, I feel like I'd really rather wait for whatever the next version is.

Well, that and I'm still trying to decide whether I want to jump onto DBFZ. I just...don't like playing in front of my desktop, it's weird. Can't do it for extended periods of time.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, the FEH datamine started and they found artwork for all the new characters: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7stg7v/sacred_memories_banner_art/.

Marisa is the fifth character to have a special art that's different from her regular artwork. It's also references her support with Tethys where it's said that she's left-handed, but fights right-handed at times. I wonder if they will have her sprite do the same thing where she attacks normally with her right hand, but her special attack animation has her switch to her left?

Also, her idle artwork makes me think she's a bit dorky and awkward.

Quick Edit: Forgot about this, but the news post for the Sacred Memories banner trailer directly states that Marisa is recruited through the upcoming mini TT. It was probably changed when the update went live. Regardless, it's not an Ayra situation and I doubt the developers want a repeat of that.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Naglfar is a legendary raven tome, which is kinda cool

The new characters have really good artwork, especially L’Arachel. It’s disappointing she isn’t a healer tho

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Aww, you can't vote for any of the Cipher original characters. I just remembered about them and wondered if I could vote for Shade. Nope. And so a vote goes for Maribelle.

Naglfar is a legendary raven tome, which is kinda cool

The new characters have really good artwork, especially L’Arachel. It’s disappointing she isn’t a healer tho
Well, now I know who's getting T-Adept 3. :p

This is the part where I kind of hope L'Arachel wins or is recognized for ranking high in the second CYL voting. Cue BH2 L'Arachel becoming an axe infantry or something weird instead.

Edit: Oh, yeah, she's a dork in my book now.
Marisa is voiced by Connor Kelley which I think is supposed to be Conner Kelley (Julianne Alexander), the voice actress of Felicia, Setsuna, and Catria.

Lyon's voiced by Mark P. Whitten. According to IMDb, he's the voice for Alex from Street Fighter V and Peppy Hare in Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Welp, the worst has happened. Myrrh's base defense is high.

Lyon has 41 HP, 34 Atk, 21 Spd, 26 Def, and 30 Res (152 BST). That's kind of like a +Atk, -Def Sophia, so Sophia's advantage is being able to pack on more physical or magical defense depending on the boon you take with her.

Marisa has 46 HP, 30 Atk, 36 Spd, 30 Def, and 21 Res (163 BST). +HP, -Atk Ayra or +Def Karel which seems to be closer since she doesn't have a legendary/personal sword since no other new weapons were found according to the datamine. It makes sense since Shamshir is the Sacred Stones' version of the Wo Dao and the Wo Dao is an amazing sword, but at the same time, it could have been a new weapon for the sake of being a new weapon.

L'Arachel has 33 HP, 33 Atk, 31 Spd, 17 Def, and 31 Res (145 BST). Not sure what to say about this.

Myrrh has 42 HP, 33 Atk, 26 Spd, 36 Def, and 31 Res (168 BST). She has higher BST than Fae, Nowi, and kid Tiki. The big thing is her base defense. It's a good thing she is a flier and can't use Steady Breath because if she could, then she'd be even dumber.

Eirikatwo has 36 HP, 31 Atk, 35 Spd, 20 Def, and 22 Res (144 BST). So, the fastest mage cavalry in the game and the second red mage cavalry of which Leo's the slowest of the mage cavalry. Yeah, I hope Brynhildr becomes available for refinement. Oh, and Leo inexplicably dropping down to 4* to 5* summonable would be pretty awesome too.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Lyon is just a better Sophia, rip half-dragon gorl
And so much for L'Arachel being a Close Counter option. I mean if you still want to rock CC with that ~AMAZING~ 20 defense (that's including the +3 given from her prf) go ahead I guess.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lyon is just a better Sophia, rip half-dragon gorl
Lyon has 1 more attack, HP, and resistance and 2 more speed, but he has 2 less defense than Sophia. +Def Sophia would have 5 more defense than him and whenever -raven tomes become available for refinement, she could increase that further with a defense refinement or go for better resistance. Lyon would hit harder, but Sophia would be bulkier.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Lyon has 1 more attack, HP, and resistance and 2 more speed, but he has 2 less defense than Sophia. +Def Sophia would have 5 more defense than him and whenever -raven tomes become available for refinement, she could increase that further with a defense refinement or go for better resistance. Lyon would hit harder, but Sophia would be bulkier.
Okay but as of NOW Lyon is better, not assuming buffs that Sophia could possibly get in the future.
Assuming Tr4sh still got updates, you're not going to say that Jigglypuff isn't the worst character because she could possibly get buffed in the future.

Also Marisa has Infantry Pulse. Thanks for the free Infantry Pulse fodder IS, I've been needing it for months.

Edit: Free summon was a 5 star Hawkeye, +HP -Atk.
Um
:drwtf:
Edit 2: THE VERY NEXT SUMMON I got a Minerva, +Def -Atk. What is happening to me right now

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Sup secretkpop and nifty enthusiasts? :nifty:

Just had a look at my University to see if anyone has commented on the ideas I've generated in their forum; nothing so far, I assume everyone is getting stuff together due to the fact that some people are behind. Which is understandable.

Okay, apparently Arc Systems Works has clarified their pricing scheme for BB Tag Battle; apparently it's got a $40 price tag, and the added DLC won't bring the total price up much higher than a normal retail priced game
I am fine with the price being that, but they should've at least clarified on the price in other regions (It also seems like the US/UK versions may end up being the cheaper versions to get. Sitting at $40/£30-£40, I'm still hopeful for Kokonoe to make it in with Teddie. :V

I do hope people do capture footage of the game at EVO Japan though; since I am curious on what changes they gave to the game tbh.

You can see the rewards by clicking the button in the corner, no new character.

On the brightside though, the total points you need to beat all three leagues and get their rewards isn't very much at all. No having to grind dice for days like with Duelist Kingdom and Battle City.
True, I do like the idea of it; plus I do think some of the cards can be useful to an extent.

I can easily see Unity working really well for more defensive decks; such as having 1 copy and using it on say a Cocoon of Evolution or Labyrinth Wall (I'm kind of surprised that Milennium Shield isn't added into the game, then again; it's just a Labyrinth Wall with a different coat of paint).

Dark Zebra is trash. Also, been trying to get myself a Floodgate Trap Hole from the Generation Next BOX; so far, no luck. But I did get King of the Swamp, Samurai Skull and Fusion Recycling Plant. So that's all good.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Spent like 20 orbs trying to get Myrrh and only got trash

Well, back to saving for Caeda i guess

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
After spending every single orb I saved up over the last 2 or so months I ended up getting Mage Eirika (neutral) so yay. I also got a random Zelgius (+Def -Spd) so I'll probably try to do something with him.
More importantly ANOTHER MAE YAY MORE MERGES

Top Bottom