• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
they've always been good

but they're even better now because the weapon refinery lets them calculate damage based on def instead of res for ranged units

so it basically ****s over what used to be counters to them (like felicia, deirdre, julia, innes, zero, etc.)

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
why are manaketes good now?

:150:
Because they hit the high-res ranges now, by using their def instead of their res.
Also, stats of own choosing slapped onto high BST units is good.
Also, having DC on almost every dragon kinda is good too.
Also, dragons kind of combat ignores magic reduction by skills like tyrfing, and also ignores b!Lyn's b-slot skill.
And they are cute.
And one of them even dances.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Man, why did Tharja have to be a red mage, the units I can never summon!? I just listened to the voice clips of the other characters and I knew they would be good, but hearing Tharja's... Why, game? Why. You threw me (and everyone else) a bone with Arvis being a GHB unit and Celica being on the legendary heroes banner, but could I have had Tharja? Hmm? No? Fine.

Also, they totally should have picked one particular quote for the banner trailer instead of "I wonder if this is normal enough for Robin?"

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
why are manaketes good now?

Basically what Spritzgorl said is the main reason, but I need to add that Dark and Light Breath have some pretty insane abilities now as well.
Reforged Light Breath said:
After combat, if unit attacked, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 to unit and allies within 2 spaces of unit for 1 turn.
Reforged Dark Breath said:
After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Atk/Spd-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.
Those effects are on top of them calculating the lower defensive stat for ranged units as well.
I mean Lightning Breath is still going to be their go-to breath most of the time, but the other breath options are now definitely worth considering.
I think what's also helping dragon units is the fact that they're all for the most part enemy-phase units and we've been getting a lot of new, fantastic, defensive skills coughsteadybreathcough which isn't anything exclusive to them obviously, but it does tremendously help them.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Literally how am I supposed to beat the last map in squad assault 5

It’s so stupidly frustrating

Neither horse nor armor emblem can clear it

Who the **** thought it was a good idea to make it so you have to survive 7 turns without losing any units against enemies with hugely inflated stats

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Literally how am I supposed to beat the last map in squad assault 5

It’s so stupidly frustrating

Neither horse nor armor emblem can clear it

Who the **** thought it was a good idea to make it so you have to survive 7 turns without losing any units against enemies with hugely inflated stats
Wait, which Squad Assault because Squad Assault 5 doesn't have any reinforcement maps? Squad Assault 2 and 4 and 4's the one with Paralogue 10-1 as its last map.

Edit:
Welp, that's a pickle. I was thinking of getting +Spd, -Atk Azama to 5*, but then I remembered how the upgraded heals factor in 50% of the healer's attack. -Atk Azama has 18 base attack and with Assault or Pain+, has 28 total attack. Fortress Def or Res drops him further to 25 total attack. 50% of his attack then would be 12 with Fortress Def and 14 without. Considering I want to keep Fortress Def and Fortress Res whenever that's put on a unit who's summonable and has access to it as a 4*...

Martyr+ would heal 12 HP plus whatever damage he takes. +5 HP over its minimum and Martyr's 7 HP heal.

Physic+ would only heal 12 HP. +4 HP over its minimum and Physic's 8 HP heal.

Recover+ would heal 22 HP; 50% Atk plus 10. +7 over its minimum and Recover's 15 HP heal.

And the best part: Rehabilitate+ would heal high HP: -2 HP meaning it only heals using the minimum 7 HP of Rehabilitate+ and Rehabilitate's heal . It's still Rehabilitate, but this means there's no reason to ever inherit Rehabilitate+ on him. +Atk Azama only meets the minimum with a 10 Mt staff; 34 total attack (24 base + 10 Mt) * 50% - 10 (Rehabilitate+) = 7.

Recover+ is probably the way to go.

Azama... What are you.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning all. Hope you're all doing good. :4zelda:

I managed to go 5-2 in Duel Links yesterday which is pretty good with my Phoenix deck, so I've now reached Plat 2 in Ranked (Mainly did Ranked so I could do the Stamp thing, glad I did). I'll probably go over what I won/lost again another time.

Also, been grinding Mako a bunch so I could have him unlock Balance at Lv. 20 due to the fact I don't have Balance on Kaiba, Mai or anyone else. :V

Speaking of Duel Links; we got a new Duelist to unlock; being Bonz, so we can get some Ghostrick monsters again, but more importantly... Skull Servant support! :yeahboi:

I will admit, while I do like Machina, I feel like Skull Servant support is just grand and it might be one of my favourite kinds of archetype; at first Skull Servant are by far one of the weakest monsters out there, but now with King of Skull Servants and tons of zombie support, it's really damn good; I am curious however on Skull Servant will be Tier 0 in Duel Links.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm also saving my orbs for the next Fjorm banner

but other than the mage fliers, idk what would make me pull tbh because it's not like caeda is ever going to be on a legendary heroes banner

i'll at least wait until they reveal which units are going to be on the banner, and then decide from there

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
My orbs are safely locked behind a Legendary heroes fund.
Yew are as wise as Wrys-kun.
Wrys-kun.png

Look at all the sparkling wisdom in those beautiful eyes of his... :drfacepalm: S W O O N :drfacepalm:

I'm also saving my orbs for the next Fjorm banner

but other than the mage fliers, idk what would make me pull tbh because it's not like caeda is ever going to be on a legendary heroes banner

i'll at least wait until they reveal which units are going to be on the banner, and then decide from there
But Thotja has the best armor skill ever better QR with a skill charging effect. RIP any Emblem that's not Armor Emblem. So you can snipe reds exclusively and then farm for an OP armor team AND Caedas. If I do get another Thotja she'll be for the next husbando armor since I rushed Chranta into getting QR3, Ward, and Distant Counter from 1 Sheena.

I spent 10 stamina pots and had Sheena solo Camilla's map with 3 other Sheenas. So I got about 10HM for 10 stamina and maxed out Sheena's HM before sending her to the Waifu Farm in the sky. I wish I could've transferred her Slaying Axe+ for flexibility but being able to save a Draug, QR3 fodder, and Hector from the chopping block is better overall.

♥ T H R I F T Y • N A N A ♥

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
But Thotja has the best armor skill ever better QR with a skill charging effect. RIP any Emblem that's not Armor Emblem. So you can snipe reds exclusively and then farm for an OP armor team AND Caedas.
but i don't care about armor emblem really. i already have my team built with units that i really like, and other than maybe giving them qr3 in the future, i don't need to change their skills

flier emblem is my endgame, not armor emblem

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Also, character you like > character that are optimal.

On rare occasions, they are one and the same, which makes you look like a tier wh... , but then again... who gives a crap, as long as you have fun!

Also, saw this insane catria build a few days ago...

First bite buffs you + all around you for 5 def/res. You debuff the enemies for -7atk. Deflect projectile and DD are making this build insane.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
but i don't care about armor emblem really. i already have my team built with units that i really like, and other than maybe giving them qr3 in the future, i don't need to change their skills

flier emblem is my endgame, not armor emblem
but

H!Jakob with Quadbow when attacking 1st and other 3 armor gorls with HP>50% and +1 when being attacked QR.

Then 36~50ish to all bulky stats. Maybe Lance/Axe for the 2 DEF/RES/ATK when being attacked for 2 other gorls.

Turn the world to ash with Bonfires.

*laughs in whale*

On rare occasions, they are one and the same, which makes you look like a tier wh... , but then again... who gives a crap, as long as you have fun!

First bite buffs you + all around you for 5 def/res. You debuff the enemies for -7atk. Deflect projectile and DD are making this build insane.
Not bad, though we all know she's not the best blue haired flying gorl. :^)

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I would definitely go with the +spd Lissa. That's one of her best natures imo. Give her a spd refined weapon (Slaying Axe+), to help further prevent doubles. She'd be good with a DC set, but a Bold Fighter set would also be good.

I've never tried a full-out offensive set on an armor unit, but theoretically, you could run a terrifying brave axe set with that base 43 atk. if you want to sacrifice your other lissa to him for bold fighter, he'd get guaranteed quads which is just lol
That's sort of my problem; a player oriented Brave Axe / Bold Fighter set would work better on +ATK Chrom, while as far as I can tell, Sheena already does the defense phase Def/Res tank role better than Lissa.

Not bad, though we all know she's not the best blue haired flying gorl. :^)
Yeah, Caeda can't even use First Bite.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Jokes aside, Shanna and catria's stats basically have the same stats, just with def and res swapped. (except for the 1 point thats taken from speed stat.)

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

These are the kind of fun builds I want to see. Instead in Arena and Gauntlets I get Eldigans that inherit Atk Tactic to use on their Horse Emblem team, or Eldigans that drop Fury for Res +2 of all things and... why does nobody know how to build Eldigan. Give him Fury, he already comes with the skill. If you want to replace it with anything, DC is the only acceptable thing tbh.

Meanwhile I'm giving a Refreshing Bolt to Clarisse and a Blessed Bouquet to Mae and making them work pretty well. Game just let me battle some other insane builds pls. Not this +3 Azura that still doesn't know that putting Fortify Res in your C and S slot doesn't give everyone else +8 Res.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Jokes aside, Shanna and catria's stats basically have the same stats, just with def and res swapped. (except for the 1 point thats taken from speed stat.)
With Shanna I use Firesweep atm but a refined Slaying Lance would be better probably, not to mention she can counter attack and only loses 1MT. I was never blessed with a +SPD Shanna but did get a +ATK one that I use. She can reach 48 SPD with weapon refinery which is good enough I think.

Catria can run the same exact thing with 1MT more and 1SPD less, but she has B Tier voicelines at best which ruins her forever.

the only objectively correct opinion
ur not wrong

but she's not the best blue haired waifu who is also a blue weap-

pls no.png

O NO

I got accepted to Tulane!!!!

Congrats gorlo.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Besides the hurricane concerns, congrats! That's a really good school.

Did you get any scholarship money offers with it?
I applied to their scholarships, so for now I only got $28,000 over for years.

depaul university gave me a full ride today tho.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
bridal caeda legit has some of the best art in the game imo

i really should use ha more
Mine is -atk/+spd and does wonderfully because Blade Tomes are just that stupid.

Speaking of stupid. H!Jakob+Brave Bow+Bold Fighter+Ignis or Glacies = kills literally everyone without Wary Fighter while still holding on to Close Counter. I'm pretty sure this can be replicated with any armor that has above 30 atk and access to Brave Weapons, but it's better with ranged units because more area to cover despite being locked to 1 space. Vengeful Fighter achieves the same type of effect when defending.

I hope these abilities find their way on to normal 5* units. They're a little too good, but I guess that's to make up for the fact that 1 movement = total doodie.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hope these abilities find their way on to normal 5* units. They're a little too good, but I guess that's to make up for the fact that 1 movement = total doodie.
Part of me feels like Garon might end up with Vengeful Fighter. Maybe Valbar considering the reason he was where he was in Celica's route was because he wanted revenge, but that kind of seems like a stretch since Valbar's not that consumed by revenge. And cue Kellam having Vengeful Fighter as a joke.

No idea who would have Bold Fighter. I swear if they give it to Wallace and he ends up with a fantastic stat spread. It's like "Hey, remember that one guy who you're forced to use a promotion item as part of a tutorial? Welp, he's back and stronger than ever." Maybe Gatrie. I don't know, I remember people joking about him in Serene's Forest since for whatever reason, Gatrie has a 60% speed growth in Radiant Dawn. He's a knight. Y'know, the people in heavy armor? I think they gave him 55 HP, 35 Atk, 37 Spd, 40 Def, and 1 Res. It was something stupid and mocking his low resistance. PoR Gatrie has 0 base and 30% resistance growth while RD Gatrie has 11 base and 35% growth.

Anyway, anyone been interested in the Catherine remaster thingie: Catherine: Full Body? It's going to be released for the PS4 and PS Vita and there's going to be a third Catherine who goes by Rin. Link: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/1...-catherine-adds-network-battles-new-features/.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning all. Everyone doing good? :4zelda:

Managed to unlock Bonz in Duel Links and I've been attempting to grind to get most of his drops (Mainly been after Ghostrick, but the fact that he has 2 King of the Skull Servants via level up is just great too).

For those who don't know; Ghostrick are an archetype from the XYZ era, but it seems like it'll be even more useful now since Bonz is unlockable and his level rewards contain more Ghostrick cards (Such as Yeti, Stein and Yuki-Onna). Yuki-Onna seems like she'll be incredibly useful; but for now, I'll focus on getting a Skull Servant deck running.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Mine is -atk/+spd and does wonderfully because Blade Tomes are just that stupid
I had a +spd -res one from the original bridal banner, but i got a +spd -hp one from the legendary heroes banner. she just has the standard blade tome/fury/desperation build

she's a beautiful and pure gorl

i wish the ranged armors weren't seasonal only because it makes them like impossible to merge. i would totally invest in joker and henry more if they weren't doomed to never be merged

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Morning all. Everyone doing good? :4zelda:

Managed to unlock Bonz in Duel Links and I've been attempting to grind to get most of his drops (Mainly been after Ghostrick, but the fact that he has 2 King of the Skull Servants via level up is just great too).

For those who don't know; Ghostrick are an archetype from the XYZ era, but it seems like it'll be even more useful now since Bonz is unlockable and his level rewards contain more Ghostrick cards (Such as Yeti, Stein and Yuki-Onna). Yuki-Onna seems like she'll be incredibly useful; but for now, I'll focus on getting a Skull Servant deck running.

They're nerfing the Restart skill (i.e., the only skill I use) in Duel Links. First they're adding a 20 second limit in the time you have to decide to use it (Okay...?) due to apparently getting complaints of people taking too long, and second they're making it so the opponent can see your discarded hand before you shuffle it back into the deck...which is asinine.

I really don't think people taking too long to use the skill was in any way a recurring problem nor do I think "attempts" to curb it with a huge 20 second window will accomplish anything. I do think that I'm going to have to wait even longer than before to actually play the game because my opponent's going to be reading 5 cards and going through menus. That's just going to be annoying. Like, 9 times out of 10, you basically already know what type of deck a restart user is using as soon as they use the skill at earliest to at the very least their opening move. It doesn't balance anything other than wasting time.

I already grinded Bonz for everything he had the last time he showed up, so it's a bit annoying that he has more grinding cards to get; my odds of getting something new aren't going to be very good.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Dragon: Marked for Death got delayed until 2018 so it can be a better game. I have no objections.

That means we'll be getting two Inti Creates games in 2018. Dragon: Marked for Death and Gal*Gun 2. I want the former because it's a 2D action RPG that can be played with friends online and i want the latter for.....educational purposes.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Is Xenoblade Chronicles worth getting? If so, why?
I really love Fairy Tail. I would rate it above Dragon Ball Super and One Piece at this point. It's reminds me of the Skulduggery Pleasant books way of storytelling. Amusing, but climatic and interesting at the same time.
I also realised recently that the last console Kirby game that was like the handhelds was Return to Dreamland. Nintendo better not let the Switch owners down in this regard.
I got accepted to Tulane!!!!

Reasearches Tulane

Oh, neat! Congratulations man, that's fantastic! It seems to be a really well regarded place.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I revamped my favorite healer gorl after realizing that I had a random 5* Sakura who was a pity breaker from a long time ago
EB6AC055-81A9-4F2E-9341-9B6EF634C67D.png
I would like to give her Recover+ eventually, too

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I really love Fairy Tail. I would rate it above Dragon Ball Super and One Piece at this point. It's reminds me of the Skulduggery Pleasant books way of storytelling. Amusing, but climatic and interesting at the same time.
I mean... I did liked it at the beginning too, but it frustrated me at the end.
It's still worth reading tho, imo. The artstyle is really great.

But then again, I only read the manga's, since Naruto became filler 2.0, and OP streched one chapters into entire episodes...
Still regard OP as better.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I had a +spd -res one from the original bridal banner, but i got a +spd -hp one from the legendary heroes banner. she just has the standard blade tome/fury/desperation build

she's a beautiful and pure gorl

i wish the ranged armors weren't seasonal only because it makes them like impossible to merge. i would totally invest in joker and henry more if they weren't doomed to never be merged
I think armors can get by without merging imo. They have higher BST than normal units and the ranged gorls are basically like normal +10 ranged units for some dumb reason. And the holiday armor gorls are basically like +4~+5 normal merged armor gorls. So tbh if you can get +3~+5 on the winter gorls you are pretty much rocking a full merged armor gorl.

I can't tell if that was intentional to make seasonal units compare to normal units for F2P/non-whalers OR if it's just blatant power creep.

I revamped my favorite healer gorl after realizing that I had a random 5* Sakura who was a pity breaker from a long time ago
I would like to give her Recover+ eventually, too
10/10 gorlo. I have Recover+ Elise with +SPD/-DEF nature and I like her. Though tbh I wish she was -RES instead for more bulk. My favorite gorl overall is probably Serra tho. With +ATK/-RES she has a heavy hit and decent bulk along with her 31 base SPD to avoid being doubled by much. I really wish she could rock normal A-passives or there were better A-passives to give healers... IS when???

Also special attacks pls. I need to hear those S+ tier special voicelines go off ever 1~15 seconds or else I'll die irl.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
We talking the entire series, 1, X, or 2?

Regardless, yes, it is very worth it. It is one of the greatest JRPGs of all time and, as of 2, the series is now my favorite video game series of all time, dethroning the original king which was Fire Emblem.

Regarding 1 and 2, the stories are simply beautiful, always keeping you interested. Personal preference for me is that 2's story is better than 1, because, as good as 1's story is, there is filler in it and the characters have varying degrees of relevancy (but they're all still very likable). 2 doesn't have that issue, so not only did i like 2's story more, i liked it's characters more.

X's story isn't that good but the story was never the focus in X. Instead, it was the gameplay and characters. While i've never played it, i hear X has excellent gameplay and the characters have a lot of depth to them.

Each Xenoblade game easily gets you 100+ hours of content. While 1 and 2's stories can be finished within 80-90 hours, there's still a lot of content. X is the only one with an actual post-game (1 and 2 simply take you to right before the final boss) but there are plenty of things to do. From quests, taking on the Unique Monsters (Tyrants, as they are called in X) and superbosses (superbosses don't appear until the final chapter), to finding all of the Heart-to-Hearts (which are similar to Fire Emblem's Support Conversations), to simply exploring new places. X's world is the biggest, so it has the most exploration. The game rewards you for simply exploring by giving you gold, EXP, and other things upon reaching a Landmark. Landmarks serve as skip-travel points so backtracking is never an issue. If you die, you return to the last Landmark you visited. Speaking of, death doesn't punish you. You never lose anything by dying, which is very fair, considering it's possible to run into high-level monsters in early areas.

Combat-wise, the games are the same but different. I can't speak for X here as i've never played but 1 and 2 have great combat, with 2 being better at it. 1 is the more simpler, while 2 is the more complex. I'm sure you've seen the basics. Battles are real-time, with an emphasis on positioning. They can be a bit slow at first but once you start getting the hang of it, they become fun. The key difference between 1, X, and 2 is that in 2, you can't auto-attack while moving. This doesn't bother me at all, because 2's combat is way more strategic and deeper than 1's combat. 1's combat is still good though.

The music is God-tier. 2 has the best soundtrack of 2017, and i will fight anyone on that. Beyond that, Xenoblade Chronicles as a whole has the best music out of any Nintendo franchise. X does have the weakest soundtrack of the three games but it's still a great listen (though opinion on X as a whole is divided among the Xenoblade community)

My ratings
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: 9/10
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 10/10 (it's also my GOTY 2017)
I really love Fairy Tail. I would rate it above Dragon Ball Super and One Piece at this point.
Same. I could never really get into Dragon Ball and i tried watching One Piece but 17 episodes later and i gave up because of how slow it was. Not that OP's characters aren't likable, because they are, but i'd have to catch up to an 800+ episode series with no end in sight.

Gonna be honest though, if you look at Fairy Tail's story by itself, it's......average. And near the end, the power of friendship moments get too much. However, what saves Fairy Tail's story is it's characters. I've probably said it before but i value characters over story and that's why i love Fairy Tail so much. All of the characters are really likable. Fairy Tail music is really good too. To me, good characters can save a bad story.

The opposite can also be true. Earlier in the season, i was watching Ancient Magus' Bride. Dropped it after 6 episodes. The premise was interesting and i thought the writing was fine. But the characters were so boring. Ancient Magus' Bride is a case where boring characters ruin a good story. Who knows, maybe it gets better but a show has failed in my eyes when 6 episodes go by and not a single character interests me.

It's reminds me of the Skulduggery Pleasant books
Ooooh, that takes me back. I remember reading those books in 8th Grade. I didn't read the entire series, i think i only read the first two. But they were good books.

Still regard OP as better.
Ehh, i'm not sure how much i'd agree. Mainly because i feel that One Piece has gone on for way too long. 800 chapters and that's only 65% of the story? C'mon. That was last i checked btw. Don't know how many chapters there are now. The characters are likable though. But, even with the characters being likable, i do feel it's too late to start One Piece. Whether it be anime or manga, there's just too much catching up to do, with no end in sight.
But hey, if the One Piece just turns out to be a slip of paper that says "it was just a prank bro", then that would make the wait worth it.
We all know Jack Sparrow has the One Piece anyway.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
10/10 gorlo. I have Recover+ Elise with +SPD/-DEF nature and I like her.
I'm honestly so jealous. Now that I have Spring Camilla, my most wanted unit by far is Elise. I've had a Genny since Hero Fest 2 that I've pulled specifically for Elise whenever she decides to be on a banner next (seriously IS, her last banner was the Healer Gauntlet one and there was no way I'd pull on a banner with 4 colorless focus units). I loved ha in Fates and I need ha to babysit my units as they level up. Also she has dumb offensive stats and access to horse buffs. Priscilla is also a top tier healer gorl, but while Elise has that insane twintail action, Priscilla has that weird wing thing in her hair. Overall, I'd say they're about even on the best healer gorl tier list.

I really wish she could rock normal A-passives or there were better A-passives to give healers
i mean, it's not much, but healers can inherit the new brazen skills. i've seen a picture of someone giving the atk/spd one to elise on r/firemblemheroes

I think armors can get by without merging imo. They have higher BST than normal units and the ranged gorls are basically like normal +10 ranged units for some dumb reason. And the holiday armor gorls are basically like +4~+5 normal merged armor gorls. So tbh if you can get +3~+5 on the winter gorls you are pretty much rocking a full merged armor gorl.
Since I do run armors that I can actually merge on my armor team (Sheena, Gwendolyn, and Zephiel), I could probably survive with an unmerged seasonal gorl (I've been using Joker as my final member since getting him, but I also have Henry).

I don't really care about any of the new armors. They're not units that I care about, and their skills, while good, aren't that interesting to me. I'm just going to save my orbs for the time being (currently at 70).

it's just blatant power creep.
you answered your own question, gorl

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh yeah, I forgot that the FEW DLC was coming out today (for Japan at least). It should be coming out in a little less than 2 hours from now but who really knows if it'll really be out by then because if you aren't from Japan then Koei doesn't care about you.
Dragon: Marked for Death and Gal*Gun 2. I want the former because it's a 2D action RPG that can be played with friends online and i want the latter for.....educational purposes.
I'm judging u u notty gorl
X's story isn't that good but the story was never the focus in X. Instead, it was the gameplay and characters. While i've never played it, i hear X has excellent gameplay and the characters have a lot of depth to them.
Wow someone who actually understands what he focus of X was? This is unheard of!
X feels more like a package of plenty of mini-stories, since characters in 1 sidequest are usually in some other ones as well and you get to see these random NPC's develop through these sidequests, and the sidequests often change the game in some way (having some building built, a piece of landscape breaks, someone dies, someone who doesn't die is changed in some way, etc). The main story is just there if you don't have anything else to do really.
X imo has the most complex combat, but that's mostly due to the game barely explaining it so you either have to Google everything or find out stuff yourself. I shouldn't be 150 hours into the game to only now find out that there is in fact a timer for Overdrive and for some reason it isn't the number on the giant clock in the middle of the screen but it's the random white squares next to it. And I still barely remember what the Overdrive combos are to get whatever effects. (This is all about on-foot combat btw, Skell combat is literally just spam every art once it's off cooldown and you're gud). If the combat was explained better like in 2, then I think 2 would have the most complex.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I'm honestly so jealous. Now that I have Spring Camilla, my most wanted unit by far is Elise. I've had a Genny since Hero Fest 2 that I've pulled specifically for Elise whenever she decides to be on a banner next (seriously IS, her last banner was the Healer Gauntlet one and there was no way I'd pull on a banner with 4 colorless focus units). I loved ha in Fates and I need ha to babysit my units as they level up. Also she has dumb offensive stats and access to horse buffs. Priscilla is also a top tier healer gorl, but while Elise has that insane twintail action, Priscilla has that weird wing thing in her hair. Overall, I'd say they're about even on the best healer gorl tier list.
Elise is OK. I really like her as a character but I am not fond of horse units in this game. They just bore me now. Serra is hella awesome tho. Gorlfriend's got it going on with some help from Summoner Support/normal Support. I think I'll wait til the next TT just in case we get a teleport/dazzling/wrathful seal for healers.

i mean, it's not much, but healers can inherit the new brazen skills. i've seen a picture of someone giving the atk/spd one to elise on r/firemblemheroes
HP has to be under 80% for it to work. Healers aren't really designed to take hits from anything so... eeeee. There's pretty much no balancing reason for them to NOT have access to A passives anyway. Like wtf IS.

Speaking of garbo passives, they should make those Wind/Fire/Earth/Water Boost work until the character's HP drops below 50%~70%, this way everyone can use them. Maybe drop the total amount of stats down to 5 for ATK/SPD and keep them at 6 for DEF/RES. Then healers could have something to use.

Since I do run armors that I can actually merge on my armor team (Sheena, Gwendolyn, and Zephiel), I could probably survive with an unmerged seasonal gorl (I've been using Joker as my final member since getting him, but I also have Henry).

I don't really care about any of the new armors. They're not units that I care about, and their skills, while good, aren't that interesting to me. I'm just going to save my orbs for the time being (currently at 70).
But W!Chrom is a husbando precious boy and he is so pretty despite the garish red. Perfect blend of bara boy and yaoi boy yepyep 10/10 pls everyone deserves him in their life. Thotja is a good unit too and probably going to be the most "wholesome" version of Tharja yet. Her lines are kind of funny too. But... H!Henry... Pls come home. i cri evritiem til u do omg

you answered your own question, gorl
i cri evritiem sum moar :^(

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ahh, I haven’t been in the mood to play FEH at all lately since all the orbs I spent on the christmas banner amounted to a pity breaker Catria. I got a neutral Delthea which is great, but she was with my free orbs. Catria was the grand prize of all the orbs that I bought, and she pissed me off tbh

But anyways I’ve been playing Xenoblade 2 non-stop, and gosh I love it so much. I just beat the story last night, but I don’t wanna type forever gushing about it so I’ll just end it there.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
This patch has revitalized my interest in FEW oml
  • Azura isn't voiced by Rena Strober, I am 85% sure on this and I'm upset.
  • Only the Fates characters get their awakened prf weapons, everyone else will most likely want to use 5 star Hero weapons.
  • Niles has a fantastic luck-based skill that he can't use since he has one of the lowest luck stats in the game. 55 luck at level 99 makes him tie with Tiki, only beating out Frederick and Robin. He has a lot of speed but the rest of his stats are pretty mediocre, so he may be the new worst archer. For some reason he can use staves however so that's a redeeming quality.
  • Oboro has 101 speed at level 99 and that's her highest stat for some reason. Didn't expect that but I'll take it. The rest of her stats look pretty good, probably the best spread out of the 3 new characters.
  • Azura is back in her paper defense glory. 46 defense at level 99 yippee. She also has 607 HP which puts her at the second lowest HP in the game just above Sakura. Her strength is a bit low (79) which may be a problem; but her skill, speed, and luck are great.
  • Oboro feels really fun, her AOE could be a bit better but she hits hard. idk how useful her strong attack is yet.
  • Azura probably has the best AOE in the entire game, C5 is wonderful, C4 is a laser because why not (one with actual range, looking at you Xander), and her solo special covers equally around her and that has some great range as well. Speaking of her solo special, she stops to have a mini-concert to sing the only song she knows how to sing and then everything blows up. It looks so out of place and I love it, 10/10. Sing has potential to be amazing if used well.
  • Niles is another archer clone what did you expect
  • Azura and Niles have 5 support convos if I counted correctly, while Oboro has 7. Oboro confirmed best Fates character. :colorful: With that said, none of the 3 characters have any support convos between each other sadly.
I'll post their full level 99 stats in a few minutes DONE! (yes I know that the level cap was raised to 110 but 99 is still a nice place to compare characters between each other).
Niles: 640 HP, 85 Str, 67 Mag, 87 Skl, 126 Spd, 55 Lck, 46 Def, 117 Res
Oboro: 706 HP, 87 Str, 19 Mag, 99 Skl, 101 Spd, 85 Lck, 100 Def, 64 Res
Azura: 607 HP, 79 Str, 35 Mag, 100 Skl, 106 Spd, 106 Lck, 46 Def, 87 Res

Last edited:
Top Bottom