• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
So I wanted to build this 5-star Brave Lyn I just got but is it worth it? In fact are any colorless units worth it. If not which color should I have 2 of on my team? Also, I've decided on Fjorm for my lance user because water season bonus but I might switch her out later.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
So I wanted to build this 5-star Brave Lyn I just got but is it worth it? In fact are any colorless units worth it. If not which color should I have 2 of on my team? Also, I've decided on Fjorm for my lance user because water season bonus but I might switch her out later.
brave lyn is like the most broken unit in the game lol
just build her and watch the game become easy mode.

The update gave healers a bump but if you're building a team for arena then skip them b/c of their lower bst. Skip dagger users b/c the meta revolves around killing people in 1 round of combat. Archers are okay though.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So I think I’m going to build up all of the fliers in the game

I’ve already built up most of them, so it’d really only be the 3 GHB units and then the mediocre lance fliers that I’d have to do. I guess I’m missing Hinoka now that I sacrificed my last one to Spring Camilla, but I don’t really care about her so w/e. I will have to wait for better nantures for some of them, though, like Clair and Est

edit: just got soldier: 76's winter skin whyyyyy

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I love the original Super Mario Bros. with all my heart. I need a different retro game to play every now a then after losing to Super Macho Man for the hundredth time.
Dragon Ball Super is fun to read and I'm enjoying it so far, but I can't deny it reads like a fanfic. Just a well-written one.
Still adore Fairy Tail. It's pulls off blending comedy and seriousness so well.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
This is relatively wholesome even if it's a boring meme. But anything with Feh the precious owl is automatically wholesome sooooo ye.

Brave Lyn is the most broken and dumbest thing in the game, so yes, having her is pretty good. She's not great for in game Lunatic content unless you use a Brave Bow build with her, tho... Bow users are pretty good if you build them right and pick the right ones. Dagger users can be good if you give them Poison Dagger or Kitty Paddle (anything else - not so much). Staff users can get Recover+ and some funny AoE debuffs so they're good but not for straight forward offense.

Gray units are harder to build and require more resources, but the fact they deal mostly neutral damage means they can do some pretty absurd things with Bonfire or Iceberg on their side.

So I think I’m going to build up all of the fliers in the game

I’ve already built up most of them, so it’d really only be the 3 GHB units and then the mediocre lance fliers that I’d have to do. I guess I’m missing Hinoka now that I sacrificed my last one to Spring Camilla, but I don’t really care about her so w/e. I will have to wait for better nantures for some of them, though, like Clair and Est

edit: just got soldier: 76's winter skin whyyyyy
rip 2 ur gold lootbox draw ripriprip

Good luck building the fly gorls. Most of them are pretty good somehow, some are just stupid to build like Florina or Est. I already have Shanna and that's my most precious fly gorl. I should get working on my +10 that isn't a Hero Heaux but it's difficult to choose just one.

I also just realized Guard Bow+ exists and ****ing hell it'll be OP on H!Jakob and Niles. It comes with built in Distant Defense ffs. It's from refining an Assassin Bow+ and can be refined again for stats. Why am I just finding about this now? *ANGRY SCREECHING BCUZ H!JAKOB ALREADY HAS A REFINED SLAYER BOW OMG*

A +DEF/-SPD Niles would have 41 DEF/52 RES and 39HP with a +DEF refined Guard Bow. 45 DEF with spurs or fortify def. He could be a magic counter and a Bow Lyn murderer. It's beautiful tbh. pls ban husbando Niles.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
brave lyn is like the most broken unit in the game lol
just build her and watch the game become easy mode.

The update gave healers a bump but if you're building a team for arena then skip them b/c of their lower bst. Skip dagger users b/c the meta revolves around killing people in 1 round of combat. Archers are okay though.
I don't think I've seen your sig before.
I love Es but I haven't tried her since nobody in my town plays BB anymore and I can't afford the game.
:196:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Es is the best shoto ever

Too bad I suck she's in the same series as Nu so I'll never play her

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Good luck building the fly gorls. Most of them are pretty good somehow, some are just stupid to build like Florina or Est. I already have Shanna and that's my most precious fly gorl. I should get working on my +10 that isn't a Hero Heaux but it's difficult to choose just one.
Florina is pretty easy to build. She wants something like Berkut's Lance/Iceberg/DC/QR/Flier Buff. I'm pretty sure I have a +res -def Florina, so maybe I'll end up giving her DC. I might give it to Camilla tho idk

Est is legit just budget Cordelia. The only set really worth running on her is the standard Brave Lance+ and Death Blow

I also just realized Guard Bow+ exists and ****ing hell it'll be OP on H!Jakob and Niles. It comes with built in Distant Defense ffs. It's from refining an Assassin Bow+ and can be refined again for stats. Why am I just finding about this now? *ANGRY SCREECHING BCUZ H!JAKOB ALREADY HAS A REFINED SLAYER BOW OMG*
how did you not know about this?? halloween joker is probably the best user of it, but zero and faye are also great candidates for the guard bow. i might eventually give the guard bow to my zero idk

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I don't think I've seen your sig before.
I love Es but I haven't tried her since nobody in my town plays BB anymore and I can't afford the game.
Es is fun.
my neutral with her is basically pressing 5b/c until I get a hit b/c I haven't learned any of her drive setups.

Nobody around me plays bb either rip.
Everyone at my club plays xrd so I decided to pick up ky because greed sever is like tsubaki's hammer except faster lol.
At least they finally added the lobby system on pc.

edit:
new video showing movesets and the new damage scaling

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Es is fun.
my neutral with her is basically pressing 5b/c until I get a hit b/c I haven't learned any of her drive setups.

Nobody around me plays bb either rip.
Everyone at my club plays xrd so I decided to pick up ky because greed sever is like tsubaki's hammer except faster lol.
At least they finally added the lobby system on pc.

edit:
new video showing movesets and the new damage scaling
If I heard correctly, there will be a playable demo at EVO Japan. Very interested on see what people discover there.

Also, it seems like Ruby received a slight visual upgrade, I'm glad they are still working on details like that. And they added a new Distortion for her. Not too spectacular but it shows that even the characters revealed earlier are not done just yet.

Ah this game is building some hype~

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Florina is pretty easy to build. She wants something like Berkut's Lance/Iceberg/DC/QR/Flier Buff. I'm pretty sure I have a +res -def Florina, so maybe I'll end up giving her DC. I might give it to Camilla tho idk

Est is legit just budget Cordelia. The only set really worth running on her is the standard Brave Lance+ and Death Blow
But Florina and Est are lame gorls so booo to that. No ty to either of those heauxes.

how did you not know about this?? halloween joker is probably the best user of it, but zero and faye are also great candidates for the guard bow. i might eventually give the guard bow to my zero idk
bcuz I never bothered with double refining obscure things and never heard of them otherwise. pls send help

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning everyone. How're you all doing? :4zelda:

I am glad that the damage has been reduce; but I'm also curious if they'll change the button layout as well from the earlier build.

I still hope Kokonoe makes it in, I really do want to try her out in BBTag. Cmon ArcSys, make it happen! :V

Also, I finally got myself Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. I'm enjoying it so far; gonna probably play some more of it later today or tomorrow, since I do wanna make progress in Xenoblade 2 and FE Warriors.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Really am happy of the new Support Science from Ghast.

Also, I got my Soleil, so I finally finished my team with Olivia's lineage.
(Olivia => Inigo => Laslow => Soleil)
Sadly not as much of an good team, considering the colours, and having two dancers.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Just an important reminder that Hunkrat is a precious dumb baby boy.

Really am happy of the new Support Science from Ghast.

Also, I got my Soleil, so I finally finished my team with Olivia's lineage.
(Olivia => Inigo => Laslow => Soleil)
Sadly not as much of an good team, considering the colours, and having two dancers.
Maybe when Inigo gets a legit release then things will be fine. We need more green units eventually, so he can be an axe boy instead of ANOTHER sword boy.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also, I finally got myself Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. I'm enjoying it so far; gonna probably play some more of it later today or tomorrow, since I do wanna make progress in Xenoblade 2 and FE Warriors.
Oh yeah! Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle looks stupid fun. It's definitely something I want as one of my first Switch games.

Anyway, kind of excited for the winter banner that'll be up tonight. At the same time, I wonder what's next other than the next GHB revival which is supposed to be Navarre's. There's kind of a dead zone right now where nobody knows what's going to happen. Not even dates for things like the next TT which we could guess on since it happens after the Voting Gauntlet.

In regards to Shadows of Valentia, I have to say that I can't stop thinking about how much I like Tobin -- I'd say he's among my favorites in SoV -- compared to what I thought about him in Heroes which only makes me even more disappointed he's just another sword infantry who doesn't really stand out in any way.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I'm ready to roll for Nuns with Axes and get a billion Santa Exalts instead.

Morning everyone. How're you all doing? :4zelda:
Finished the Marik event today. Got Marik, Ra, 3x Ra's Disciples, 2x Dark Jeroid, and 1x Revival Jam.

Also turned on the VA and special summon animations and music and special effects filter to max (i.e. Literally everything you can set to min or turn off in the name of battery life) for my last duel of the event for the first time since August and holy **** I never knew the game looked so smooth.

I still hope Kokonoe makes it in, I really do want to try her out in BBTag. Cmon ArcSys, make it happen! :V
I'm more interested for who ends up from P4. Main playable characters from that game are great and all, but P4A and P4AU had more than that to choose from plus playable Rise and Margaret.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hey, hear me out: Xeno Warriors.

Like, i actually want a Warriors game that features characters from Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade.

Xeno Fighters works too.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
datamined stats for winter units:
Tharja - 46/34/18/34/36
Lissa - 43/33/30/35/34
Chrom - 51/40/19/35/29
Robin - 35/35/34/35/25

i have no words

rip amelia having the highest bst

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Okay, getting really tired of units having increased BST because they can. At this point, all the older characters might as well be ****ed when more and more units are introduced having more stats than then. Some of it might be minor like here's a Lukas with 6 more resistance like that actually matters -- 17 base resistance to 22 -- while others are like here's a unit with 38/35 offenses. Doesn't help that some of them have weapons that increase their stats even further, so even with the weapon refinery, units still can't catch up like have fun trying to catch up.

So... when are we getting that update where everyone's BST is boosted evening things out?

Whatever, I still want winter Chrom, Lissa, and Tharja and the game is still fun. It's just... ugh, annoying.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It wouldn't be a microtransaction-based game without incentive to keep making microtransactions

in other words

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I got! ... Oscar. Well, he showed up late, but a little surprise did show up.
3* Azama #1: neutral.

3* Cherche: +Spd, -Def.

3* Nino: +Spd, -Res.

3* Palla #1: +Spd, -Res.

4* Sophia: +Res, -Atk. Come back to haunt me, eh?

3* Azama #2: +HP, -Spd.

4* Fae: +Def, -Spd.

4* Klein: +Def, -Atk.

3* Palla #2: neutral.

4* Stahl: neutral.

4* Cecilia: +Atk, -HP.

4* Fir: +Res, -Def.

4* Mae: neutral.

4* Oscar: +Def, -Spd. Basically, +Def, -Res Abel. Well, that means I've summoned every 3* to 4* blue. Everyone else is 5* and cannot be summoned as a 4*.

3* Selena: +Atk, -HP.

4* Barst: neutral.

4* Effie: +HP, -Def.

5* winter Lissa: +Atk, -HP. My first 5* axe knight and second axe knight I ever summoned. 39 HP makes me a bit worried considering she's an axe knight. Winter Lissa has good mixed bulk, but now she has the lowest HP -- even lower than -HP Sheena -- of all the melee knights.

3* Serra #1: +Atk, -HP.

3* Serra #2: neutral.

All of my seasonal axe units so far have been -HP. I managed to get both +Atk and +Spd, -Res Palla from these recent summons. Didn't someone here wanted a +Spd Palla? Also, hearing Kate Higgins again makes me wonder what it would have been like if she voiced Harley Quinn.

Quick Edit: Gonna stop here since the winter banner only lasts 2 weeks and I did get the one I wanted the most even though I would have liked to have summoned the others. If about 50 orbs drop within the banner's up-time, then maybe I'll do another summon or two.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
YES, just got a +Spd -Def Mae. Perfect IV's!
I was talking with Marbels (that 1 Youtuber who made this video among other gems that usually involve Mae and Boey) about how to build Mae earlier this week. I really wanted to build one up once I got one that wasn't +Def like every other Mae I've gotten. But her best set of IV's was certainly unexpected, well at least I can use the other ones for merges now!
And if I'm training up Mae, I might as well train that +Def Boey I got as a pitybreaker however many months ago trying to get whatever green I wanted then (I think it was during all of those Hector banners).
Seriously, I just did a small summoning session on the new banner since I didn't expect to get anything I wanted (I'm not really interested in the new units either tbh) but WOO! Mae might also be extremely helpful if """nORmAl giRl""" Tharja becomes meta which she probably will; a Res-heavy blue will be nice to counter her.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon everynyan. How are you? Fine, thank you. :4zelda:

Finished the Marik event today. Got Marik, Ra, 3x Ra's Disciples, 2x Dark Jeroid, and 1x Revival Jam.

Also turned on the VA and special summon animations and music and special effects filter to max (i.e. Literally everything you can set to min or turn off in the name of battery life) for my last duel of the event for the first time since August and holy **** I never knew the game looked so smooth.

I'm more interested for who ends up from P4. Main playable characters from that game are great and all, but P4A and P4AU had more than that to choose from plus playable Rise and Margaret.
Glad that you managed to get all the essentials before the event ended. :yeahboi:
I do plan on making a Ra's Disciple deck; but I do fear that I'll need some more cards to make it work properly.
Such as back row support, Mirror Wall, etc. Problem is that I'm missing some of the cards due to them being in Main Boxes. smh

I'm expecting maybe Akihito, but honestly I bet the main P4 cast with Rise too will only make it into BBTag; even though she was an NPC in the main game and was only made playable in P4AU.

I will admit, I'm predicting that Vatista will be the next character from UNIEL that'll appear in the game. Just a hunch.

Also, I'll be looking through some Uni stuff today; which will be all about group work on making a family friendly website for a hotel. That's gonna be interesting to engage in.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Confession: Christmas Tharja actually looks really cute and that upsets me since she's one of my most despised characters in the series.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
yeah, i don't mind tharja that much

i think her trying to act like a normal person is pretty amusing

i don't understand her being anyone's favorite character tho

a lot of people just don't like her because her design is fan service incarnate

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
i don't understand her being anyone's favorite character tho
*raises hand*

I think the reason I like Tharja is the same reason why I like Severa so much. On the surface, both of them have very unpleasant and harsh personalities and underneath that are people who I would say are genuinely nice and caring if a bit prickly at times. The former, I find amusing and the latter, I find endearing. The thing is, though, is that they would be terrible people to hang around with in real life which I actively acknowledge. In other words, it's a game and one that's not trying to be as realistic as others. Bottom line is I guess you could say that I like the caricature side of them, the part where I can laugh at the silliness and craziness of their actions, and the human side of them, the part where I can find a common ground or a human warmth.

A less divisive example would be Virion. He's silly, he's a flirt who probably would have been arrested by now, and he can be irritating to some, but then you get the part where he just does nice things for the sake of doing them or reveals a larger meaning to simple things. One them is related to Tharja where she tries to cast a hex on him to have him do stuff for her, but it turns out his resistance is like 99 in Awakening not only was he unaffected, he did her requests because he felt it would make her happy and probably especially so with the requests where she might have wanted to help other people. Another which I think is referenced in Heroes is about him being a capable strategist, but his victories come at a steep price, the very thing he wants to avoid. Seeing Robin always trying to win with as little losses as possible is something he points out to a frustrated Robin saying he admires and places his faith in them for doing that.

I don't know, everyone has their own reasons for liking and disliking things and everyone views things differently. I just happen to like Tharja because she's amusing to me and because she seems like a nice person despite her dark personality. When she snaps, however, well, yeah... Poor Noire.

Confession: Christmas Tharja actually looks really cute and that upsets me since she's one of my most despised characters in the series.
It's the art style. I would not be surprised if Washimoto could turn Gharnef and Jedah into ugly, but cute people. So, like pugs and stuff. And now I want a Valentines banner featuring Gharnef and Jedah drawn in the most unsettling cute way.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I am honestly going for Thotja because her stats are stupid-good. Not to mention she looks less thoty than normal despite having less "clothing" and comes off as funny. IS somehow did good with the worst material ever. Apparently I've been...

(˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵) N A U G H T Y (˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I am honestly going for Thotja because her stats are stupid-good. Not to mention she looks less thoty than normal despite having less "clothing" and comes off as funny. IS somehow did good with the worst material ever. Apparently I've been...

(˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵) N A U G H T Y (˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵)
which ivs did you get for chrom?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
which ivs did you get for chrom?
-atk/+res and that's fine by me because he is stupid OP. Anything not +spd is S+ Tier; +spd is just -S Tier. I wonder if I should just res stack for him and give him Iceberg for added winter cuteness. I also got Thotja because she's probably trying to steal my husbando Chranta. She has -def/+atk. I will refine her weapon for def.

I heard talk of another TT/Legendary Banner so I'll save up instead of Chrom-hoarding. I can't build Chrom until I get Sheena to 3000 HM so I can give away Distant Counter and Quick Riposte. How tf am I supposed to grind for HM? 700 left to go. :[

btw best of luck to yew gorls. May your Very Red Waifus/Husbandos come home for the holidays.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Okay. My orb color luck was absolutely horrible and I got spooked by Chrom twice, but here's my bounty.

Lissa:
- HP / +SPD
- RES / +DEF

Chrom:
- DEF / +ATK
- SPD / +RES

Tharja:
- DEF / +SPD. Wow. That gives her a blistering speed of…21.

I don't know how to build any of them because I don't understand armor emblem. Or armor units, really.

I...assume -HP/+SPD is probably the better Lissa...but I'm probably going to use her on armor emblem for quests and on mixed teams with one or more Guidance Fliers next to her, so maybe +def is better? Don't know how to build her either; she's got the statline of Sheena, more or less, but due to her B-skill, really wants to attack. So how do you build a player phase oriented Sheena? Probably means I'm not giving her DC at least.

Chrom clearly wants the +ATK. -DEF isn't ideal, but he seems like a character that's really just there to deleTe anything he touches so that's probably fine. Again, not sure what to put on him.

Tharja...has Red Tome Valor? +SPD is useless on her, but even with -DEF her statline isn't bad. As a SP grinding unit she's definitely better than Summer Elise is. And...I guess she's a magic armor, so that's probably important? idk, I already have a H!Jakob, and he's probably getting Close Combat first out of anyone if I ever get a Takumi.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Today I started up Smash and learned that
  • Bayonetta's feet are better swordsmen than Meta Knight
  • At percents close to 0, Dedede can dthrow>footstool>fair lock>dash attack for 34%. Kinda cool I guess, though his air speed is so godawful that he has to guess where the opponent's going to drift for the fair, so it's actually pretty awful.
  • For some reason I'd never thought to try doing nair/fair>footstool with Corrin till now, but dair's too slow to confirm before most characters can drift away, and I don't think there's really anything else of potential value off it.
  • Jigglypuff is broken

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait till my i-pad stops being a potato so I can start summoning in the Winter Banner. I really really really really want that Christmas Lissa.
Bonus: I get a green icon 5-star! Yay!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I don't know how to build any of them because I don't understand armor emblem. Or armor units, really.
Armor emblem is all about ward stacking and QR. Some people will say that Wary Fighter is better, but I've lost Arena matches because of Wary Fighter in the past, so I am biased against it. But basically, 4 wards + DC is the best and most effective way to run armors. I also would recommend against Pivot, but that's just person preference.

I would definitely go with the +spd Lissa. That's one of her best natures imo. Give her a spd refined weapon (Slaying Axe+), to help further prevent doubles. She'd be good with a DC set, but a Bold Fighter set would also be good.

Again, not sure what to put on him.
I've never tried a full-out offensive set on an armor unit, but theoretically, you could run a terrifying brave axe set with that base 43 atk. if you want to sacrifice your other lissa to him for bold fighter, he'd get guaranteed quads which is just lol

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lorde covered the main gist of it; armor teams are pretty easy to build since they can all effectively run the Wall of Fire/Ice and Sharp Things build of Killer/Slaying weapon, Bonfire/Iceberg, and Quick Riposte with the addition of Ward Armor so that everyone can get +12 Def/Res which adds to their bulk and I believe damage from their specials. There are some variances, though, mainly in the form of Halloween Henry and winter Tharja who have access to various tomes.

Anyway, if I were to narrow it down to two skills that everyone should have as a starting point, then it's Swap and Ward Armor. Armor units tend to stay close because of their 1 movement, so it should be easy to keep them in range of at least 2 stacks of Ward Armor. Swap helps them position themselves while keeping them close to each other. After that, then a special of your choice. Bonfire/Iceberg activate quicker and can be a reliable burst of damage, but Arden and those who have Bold and Vengeful Fighter or Steady Breath can make use of Ignis/Glacies as well because of they can charge their specials more quickly. Also, the Black Knight's Black Luna is still strong enough that it should be fine if you feel like you don't have enough specials to give to units you're building, armor or otherwise.

Now comes a part where it's going to be up to personal preference and availability.
With the introduction of Bold and Vengeful Fighter, armor units now have four B-skills that they can use very well, the other two being Quick Riposte and Wary Fighter. Although armor units tend to be enemy phase units because of their 1 movement, you can make them good player phase units. Bold Fighter let them double when they initiate and gives them +1 special charge every time they attack, but that comes at the cost of not being able to ensure good enemy phase performance since they wouldn't be able to double back when attacked if they're slower which Arden can because Follow-up Ring works on both phases. Wary Fighter can keep battles being 1 turn per unit, so using Effie, she can destroy someone if she initiates and prevent herself from being doubled when attacked. She can still get doubled, however, if whoever she's attacking lives, has Quick Riposte, and has 5 more speed than her or if she's getting attacked by someone who has Lancebreaker or has and is in Brash Assault's range and has 5 more speed than her. There's a priority system regarding Wary Fighter that was posted on Serene's Forest a while back, https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...s-and-whatnot/&do=findComment&comment=4823923, and is also detailed on its gamepedia page.

For enemy phase, then you're going to have to choose from Quick Riposte, Vengeful Fighter, and Wary Fighter. Vengeful Fighter is better than Quick Riposte because of its great health range, >= 50% HP to QR3's >= 70% HP, and it grants +1 special charge whenever the user attacks. The problem is that it's only found on winter Tharja, a seasonal unit, so unless you were lucky enough to get like five of her where one is kept for use, then Vengeful Fighter probably won't be a realistic option compared to Quick Riposte which is found on Deirdre, Dorcas, Klein, Leo, and Subaki, regularly available units. Wary Fighter was talked about and it just boils down to controlling the pace of battle and covering the speed of the user since most armor units don't have high speed.

Hector's in a weird spot where if you keep his Armads, then he has QR2 by default. In that case, giving him Vengeful Fighter would be like overriding it with an improved version and Wary Fighter negates it, so you're leaving him with just a 16 Mt weapon. Vantage is a simple answer and Bold Fighter could work since he would be able to double when he attacks and double back when he's attack so long as he can survive. A niche option where you need a +Spd Hector is Windsweep. Yep, you read that right. 28 speed isn't that great, but you can just slap Phantom Speed on him or run a different set of armor buffs, so he can get some speed buffs. The idea of it is that whenever Hector attacks, he doesn't deal with being counterattacked, and on enemy phase, he counters back because of Armads. Of course, it's a niche thing, but if you want to do something stupid and have a +Spd Hector... Anyway, part of me feels like when Armads becomes available for refinement, then there's a chance the developers might dump Vengeful Fighter on it as its unique refine option. Vengeful Fighter 2 has the same health range as QR3, but with the +1 special charge when the user attacks.

Weapons will be up to you, especially given how not all weapons can be refined leading people to opt for refined Slaying Edge+ or Wo Dao+ for Zephiel as an example. That doesn't mean they won't be able for refinement in the future. A safe option is to give the melee armors and Halloween Jakob a Killer/Slaying weapon.

For A-skills, Close and Distant Counter or Steady Breath and the Stance skills. Arden can also use Fire or Earth Boost since his HP is so damn high. CC and DC are self-explanatory as it helps them deal with whatever attacks them unless it's BH Lyn attacking a melee knight because of Sacae's Blessing and anyone with a Firesweep weapon or running Windsweep. Steady Breath would mainly be the Black Knight's thing since he has Distant Counter through Alondite, but that doesn't mean the others can't use them.

Another thing is Armor March. I've never used it since I never summoned Amelia, Halloween Henry, or winter M!Robin. Other than increasing their mobility, Armor March lets armor units pass through forests as if they were normal terrain. I don't remember the exact explanation for it, but just remember the in-game tip saying something about armors have the same movement regardless of terrain, so Armor March would mean they can move twice during the phase if that makes any sense. You will be giving up a stat buff, though, which is the same with if you have Arden running Panic Ploy or halloween Henry, Sheena, or winter Tharja running the other ploy skills, but it is an option.
Check or ask on Serene's Forest if you have more questions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom