• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Hey all! I haven't been here much, partially because I've been busy with other things. But now I have an urgent question about Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

I was excited to hear that all the other fossil Pokémon would be available in the games so that I could use Kabuto. I hadn't heard anything pre-release about the other fossils being version exclusives, so I went ahead and got Ultra Sun. However, Serebii is now claiming that the Dome Fossil is exclusive to Ultra Moon. Would one of you gorls who has gotten to Konikoni City be willing to check for me if that's true?
Ultra Moon's options:
Plume
Armor
Dome
Root
Sail

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Ultra Moon's options:
Plume
Armor
Dome
Root
Sail
*curses in Alolan*

Now I need to decide whether or not to go with Poliwrath, as was my original intention before I knew Kabuto was in the updated Alolan Dex, or to beg someone with Ultra Moon to trade me a Dome Fossil.

Am leaning toward the latter since I'm already going to transfer in a Porygon Egg after the first trip to the Aether Foundation (I'm also mad that Porygon is only an endgame gift Poke in both iterations).

Also, good avatar.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
why does ultra sun even exist when ultra moon has all of the good fossil pokemon

although i do like cranidos a lot tbh

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
why does ultra sun even exist when ultra moon has all of the good fossil pokemon

See, the fossils that were exclusive in Sun are better than their Moon counterparts, but the new exclusive Ultra Fossils are better in Ultra Moon.

I also got Sun because I wanted a Turtonator and Kartana, so there's that.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

I think you got ultra sun and ultra moon switched around there

dusk mane necrozma is also 100x better than dawn wings competitively

iunno if ultra beasts are still version specific or not though

Kofu Kofu if nobody else offers, I could trade Dome for Helix probably. I don't really plan to play this game more beyond maybe finishing postgame though, so it'd probably be better if someone who could get use out of an Ultra Sun fossil traded instead

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Turtonator
Turtonator is one of my favorite pokemon, so gj having good taste

I think you got ultra sun and ultra moon switched around there

dusk mane necrozma is also 100x better than dawn wings competitively

iunno if ultra beasts are still version specific or not though
do you legit prefer anorith/omanyte/tyrunt/tirtouga? wtf i thought i was supposed to be the one with trash tier opinions

tbh i know absolutely nothing about the new necrozma formes. is it like a kyurem thing where you fuse the pokemon together with an item?

iirc the new ultra beasts are version exlusive, and a quick check on serebii confirms that the old ones still are too

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
do you legit prefer anorith/omanyte/tyrunt/tirtouga?
tyrunt no, it sux and amaura's cute

carracosta and omastar are two of my favorite pokemon

armaldo and cradily I like equally, but I'm not crazy about either

tbh i know absolutely nothing about the new necrozma formes. is it like a kyurem thing where you fuse the pokemon together with an item?
yeah

they have the same typings as the original legendaries but with necrozma's ability/movepool, with stats changed to low speed but high attack(dusk)/spatk(dawn)

steel/psychic is a nicer typing than ghost/psychic, and Necrozma also gets Swords Dance

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Lavani Lavani I'll let you know once I get to Konikoni City. It's not like it's hard to raise extra Pokémon so I'll use a Poliwag once I get one at Brooklet Hill (and Poliwrath honestly synergizes better with the rest of my team than Kabutops does).

I definitely appreciate the offer though!

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I have Breath of the Wild. I don't have Super Mario Odyssey.

My friend has Super Mario Odyssey. He doesn't have Breath of the Wild.

So earlier today, me and him temporarily traded games. We agreed to not put a time limit on the trade, so we can play the games as long as we want.

Of course, i'm gonna see how much i can get done in Odyssey in the 10 days that remain before Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releases.

I heard some of you talking about how you're gonna sac Joshua for Close Defense 3 fodder? That's nice. I'm personally just gonna 5* rank the 4* Joshua and then merge him with the 5* Joshua for a Lv.40+1 Joshua. I did the same with Black Knight.
Plus, if i wanted Close Defense fodder, i'd use Sigurd for that, because Sigurd is the worst Lord in the series and thus, has no reason to be on my team.

In other news, i was finally able to watch Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry. It was a pretty enjoyable movie. 7/10. The only reason i'm not giving it an 8/10 is because the person who did the subs was pretty bad, and so that kinda did bring down the enjoyment a bit. I'll probably rewatch it when better subs come out though.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Me: ok I was f2p after whaling but I will spend money to get orbs. This 26.99 will give me enough for 50 orbs. Gorl Lorde Lorde has given me ha blessings to get Sakitty so I have to get 1! Especially since that was my emergency tequila money.

All crap IVs (-atk lmao). But I also got a -hp/+atk Hunkas and this was the best way to spend 50 orbs/tequila money. #blessed

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Ah, I'm so happy y'all are still active. I hope I can come back here in a year and see the page count hit 4000.

Speaking of which, hi Lavani Lavani it's been like almost a year how u holdin up

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Of course, i'm gonna see how much i can get done in Odyssey in the 10 days that remain before Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releases.
To prep for XC2 I went back to X yesterday and that's about all I did yesterday and today (I spent 2 hours yesterday with the avatar editor before deciding to not change my mim at all help me). I originally quit because the postgame is just one huge grindfest, but it's still pretty fun. I'm slowly trying to 100% at least one of the areas, and Oblivia ended up being what I decided on (currently I'm at 76.22% completion). So we'll see if I can 100% this 1 area before 2 releases!
Also bleß all of the info and fansites for this game online since this game would be way too overwhelming without help. I've been using this 1 site for the last 2 days.
Cauldros is cut off but it's at about 50% completion
X progress.png
Now if only there was a way to lessen the grind of getting class points/battle points/good weapons/good armor/materials/skell junk...

But back to XC2, I haven't really kept up with the info on it, your posts are only real source of info I've been getting anything from. So going into the game mostly blind should be really fun. For the original XC and X, I already knew what most/all of the areas looked like. Even though it was still great to explore everywhere, it would've been better stepping into a new area without knowing what it would look like at all.

Edit 3 hours later: I have rediscovered this beautiful gif showing what X's postgame grinding experience is like

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Wtf apparently the TT doesn’t start until tomorrow

I could have sworn it started today, but I guess I just misread the start date

And I realized that Steady Stance is probably a better skill to give Tana, so I probably won’t give her Close Defense now

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Managed to install some stuff that was provided from the University; which were all on this DVD. At first, I thought there was going to be some movie for me to watch and that was it. But instead it has all of these applications for me to install as well; such as Audacity and VirtualDub just to name a few. That really caught me off guard.

Either way, I printed a transcript from the DVD for me and my TA to look through later today, hopefully it'll go well.

Also, been doing some Gem and Level Farming in Duel Links yesterday; managed to unlock The Paradox Brothers, just need to unlock Pegasus now by activating 2 Counter Traps in 1 Duel against him.

Problem was I bricked on getting Naturia Fangs during the last duel which annoyed me; since he ran out of cards before I could use it; so now I'm waiting to get enough Light Gate Keys so I can fight Lv. 30 Pegasus again. :V
But on the plus side, I managed to get my 2nd Sacred Phoenix, so I'll be trying to get one more and potentially a few more Super Rush Headlongs.

Edit: Almost forgot, you can link up your Duel Links Account with the Steam Version to transfer everything over you got on mobile. Levels, Stages, Cards, etc.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Valkyria chronicles 4 announced.
Back to old turn based combat and art style compared to revolutions.
Set in the same time as vc1 with characters from that game appearing.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

And I realized that Steady Stance is probably a better skill to give Tana, so I probably won’t give her Close Defense now
Starts tonight at the usual update time
They just said the 20th cause now the update time is 11 PM PT, instead of midnight

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Starts tonight at the usual update time
They just said the 20th cause now the update time is 11 PM PT, instead of midnight
yeah, i hate that they always do stuff in PT

i realized the other day that the legendary banner won't actually start until the 28th because they did the same thing in the FEH Channel where they said it'll start on 11/27 at 11 pm PT

i just want my spring camilla. i can't wait a week cricricri. i already plan on summoner supporting her and everything

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Wrys is a wonderful character
Holy smokes, you're still around? It's been ages!

It's nice seeing all the regulars again. Shame I can't do the Pokemon experience with y'all a second time, don't really feel like Ultra Sun/Moon would give me all I want as a return investment, unfortunately.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

The only ranged damage is from daggers, AKA: ticklers unless you're infantry or a magician. And bows, AKA: GORL U GONNA DIE THO. So I think Close Defense might be better since it would also help lower dragon damage. It's only a matter of time until they add more dergunz.

Wrys is a wonderful character
Kawaii Husbando Wrys has turned into Spooky Killer Wrys. pls send help i am scared

Ah, I'm so happy y'all are still active. I hope I can come back here in a year and see the page count hit 4000.
you better bring the Mettaton legs back with you too

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
The only ranged damage is from daggers, AKA: ticklers unless you're infantry or a magician. And bows, AKA: GORL U GONNA DIE THO. So I think Close Defense might be better since it would also help lower dragon damage. It's only a matter of time until they add more dergunz.

Kawaii Husbando Wrys has turned into Spooky Killer Wrys. pls send help i am scared

you better bring the Mettaton legs back with you too
The legs are gone forever I'm afraid. I do however have Zeku now, a character who I think is absolutely baller and actually makes SFV fun to play, so there is at least that.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i know it's not that big of an accomplishment, but this heaux finally reached tier 20

i was surprised tbh because i didn't even hit 4900 points

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Ayyyy Tttttttttttttttttsd.

I'm building a pc, how are things with you

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
On my way home today I saw that my mall was having a switch demo thing.
I tried out arms for the first time and I was playing against a 10 year old who was just waggling randomly.
I taught her about blocking and basic fighting game rock paper scissors, played 2 matches against her and went to try out odyssey.
When I came back I saw her beat another kid using only blocks and jump grabs lol.

alright. i'm gonna take a break from watching anime so i wanted to check out brooklyn nine nine (way overdue, edit: FOR 2 YEARS more or less) but before that, i got curious and searched for some funny clips from the show. this one in particular made me laugh (for anyone that recognizes this part i guess)

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
alright. i'm gonna take a break from watching anime so i wanted to check out brooklyn nine nine (way overdue, edit: FOR 2 YEARS more or less) but before that, i got curious and searched for some funny clips from the show. this one in particular made me laugh (for anyone that recognizes this part i guess)

When someone says "Zelda will never be banned" to a gorl.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Tempest has started, and the seals are revealed:
Savage Blow (nice) Hone Spd (cool) and the beloved Close Def (**** yeah)
It’ll go perfect on my Close Counter Boey :drflip:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Steady Breath + Close Defense seal means +10 Def during enemy phase with an accelerated special timer as a bonus. This is okay and not crazy at all. EPHRAIM I'M GETTING YOU AN EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT

Earlier I removed my credit card info from Heroes and I've been meaning to do so for a while. I wouldn't say that I was overspending or that there was a problem, but I feel like it could've led to a problem eventually; so it's better to do this before it gets to that point. I bought orbs before to get units that I was lacking (like green mages, dancers/singers, etc), but I have a nice mix of units now so I'm done spending.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
At the 5th stratum boss in Etrian Odyssey 5. It'll probably be awhile before I can actually beat it though; I'm way underleveled, undergeared, and after class changing my Dragoon I can't even survive past turn 1 lol. The music owns though.

I feel this is the best RPG I've played in recent memory. I'm not sure if it's my favorite EO, but I feel like it did everything right from an objective standpoint; my only real marks against it are that it didn't have any strata that overly appealed to me like Porcelain Forest in 3 or Petal Bridge in 2, and most status-based classes being annoying in that they have to manage secondary resources to do things and/or have uncontrollable summons that can interfere with your plans (I would've much preferred a class like Arbalist or Sniper over Rover, in particular). The floor designs were all otherwise solid and elaborate with a variety of interesting gimmicks, all the classes were well-executed (personal grievances aside), and I greatly appreciate that they did away with all of subclassing, grimoire stones, and other unnecessary distractions abound in games after 2.

On my way home today I saw that my mall was having a switch demo thing.
I tried out arms for the first time and I was playing against a 10 year old who was just waggling randomly.
I taught her about blocking and basic fighting game rock paper scissors, played 2 matches against her and went to try out odyssey.
When I came back I saw her beat another kid using only blocks and jump grabs lol.
You're doing God's work.

Shame I can't do the Pokemon experience with y'all a second time, don't really feel like Ultra Sun/Moon would give me all I want as a return investment, unfortunately.
Yeah, I feel like the games are kind of disappointing. None of the plot or character rewrites felt like improvements. I'd probably only recommend them as a purchase to people who didn't play the originals and/or are in it for up-to-date competitive purposes.

imo the only good additions are
1. Much better encounter tables. I actually had a party of six favorites before I even left the first island.
2. Mantine surfing, but it gets dull after the first few times.
3. Fairy totem
4. Ultra Beasts in their natural habitats. The areas themselves are unfortunately all short and linear, though.
5. The new Ultra Beasts are all actually pretty cool. Naganadel is broken as hell, but Blacephalon and Gyro BallStakataka are both hilarious.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to do some more work today, this time focusing on Radio Frequency and all that. I'll also be looking through some documents that my University has provided with me.

Also, Duel Links has updated; now we can duel Espa Roba who has Jinzo, but he doesn't drop that card. If he did, that would completely shut down Odion. Still need to go and unlock some of the other characters like Weevil, Bandit Keith and the GX Cast (I'll probably try and aim for unlocking Bastion, since he has Gaia Power which is perfect for Naturia).

Edit: Taking my time a bit in Ultra Sun. But I am going to change my team up a bit from before.

I'll still be using Popplio, Grubbin and Growlithe. But I'm considering using Zorua and Hawlucha.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

Sew proud that you're going to watch b99 again

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Berserker.xBJN?

Are 2 mods allowed to be romantically involved? Isn't that why Aero lost his mod powers?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh snap, they got Yusuke Kozaki, the artist behind Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates, as well as the artist behind the Askr Trio in Heroes, to design two Blades in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Their names are Wadatsumi and Agate (Japanese names, probably changed in the localized versions).

don't really feel like Ultra Sun/Moon would give me all I want as a return investment, unfortunately.
I feel the same way. Sure, there's new things there, but most of them don't happen until the final stretch of the game. It ain't worth the $40 imo. Unless you've never played Gen 7, in which case, USUM is worth the $40.

You know, some people are like "USUM is basically a 3rd version, no one complained when Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum did it. Why complain now?" Because, first of all, Yellow was actually different. Second, in the case of Emerald, FR/LG happened before it. Third, in the case of Platinum, there was a year in between it and D/P. Foruth, Crystal added a female trainer, which was new at the time. That, and it was GB Color exclusive.

And altogether, it was just a different time. With B2W2, Game Freak showed that they didn't have to make 3rd versions. But they did with USUM, except here, that third version is split into two because Pokemon.

And, for me personally, it doesn't really help that the 3DS is dying and USUM released 13 days before Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The last 3DS game i bought was in May, and that was Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Good game, btw. It's currently my favorite FE.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] has an EU and NA release date of February 9, 2018 for the PS3, PS4, and PS Vita: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/21/night-birth-exelatest-arrives-europe-february-9-2018/.

Also, apparently Battle Chef Brigade was released yesterday. Both Battle Chef Brigade and and Battle Chasers: Nightwar caught releasing this year me off guard. Figured they would be released later that that.

Soooo, how are you all doing? It's been about 12 hours since the last activity here. :p

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
So, Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] has an EU and NA release date of February 9, 2018 for the PS3, PS4, and PS Vita: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/21/night-birth-exelatest-arrives-europe-february-9-2018/.

Also, apparently Battle Chef Brigade was released yesterday. Both Battle Chef Brigade and and Battle Chasers: Nightwar caught releasing this year me off guard. Figured they would be released later that that.

Soooo, how are you all doing? It's been about 12 hours since the last activity here. :p
Releasing Unist like a week after dbfz, wtf is aksys thinking

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent

Oh I'm doing absolutely wonderful! How've YOU been while I was gone again for....another year?

Speaking of, anyone I used to have on Skype got a Discord ID now? I'd like to keep up with everyone I accidentally left behind when life got busy and Discord got really good....

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon all. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just reading through my books on mobile signals, radio signals, frequencies and whatnot; not much.

I also had a close call on FE Warriors; almost had Cordelia run into some Archers on Ch. 6, luckily I had her allied with Lianna so I quickly swapped leads with them. Thank god I did it in time; otherwise she'd be ded.

Btw, there's going to be a huge update for Splatoon 2. New maps, mode, weapons, hairstyles and gear.

Here's a list of the stuff:

- New hairstyles include pigtails and a mohawk.
- Supermarket acting as a new stage.
- Mode focusing on Rugby and Scallops.
- Arowana Mall is coming back.
- Some new gear includes Socks & Sandals, Black Sleeveless Jacket and Goggles.
- New Weapon in the same of a champagne bottle.
- Can now take group photos with other players you've fought on the last map you fought on?
- The Level Cap is now going to be increased.

Either way, all this information looks great. Hoping it'll be a really good update!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Wtf I didn’t know Pocket Camp released outside of Australia

Brb downloading as quickly as humanly possible

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Releasing Unist like a week after dbfz, wtf is aksys thinking
I don't know. UNIST is technically out already, but only in Japan. Maybe ArkSys thinks it's not popular overseas or something. Still questionable why they're releasing both a game they're publishing and game they're developing so close to each other.

Oh I'm doing absolutely wonderful! How've YOU been while I was gone again for....another year?

Speaking of, anyone I used to have on Skype got a Discord ID now? I'd like to keep up with everyone I accidentally left behind when life got busy and Discord got really good....
All right all things considered. Still in an anxious state of what the hell am I going to do in the future in regards to career and education.

Top Bottom