• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Arms 4.0 just dropped out of absolutely nowhere, okay. And Koei uploaded a short trailer for the FEW update coming today in Japan, so that should go live in a few hours as well.

From everything that I'e seen of XC2 in the last week, I'm absolutely getting the game now. And the regular battle theme is the new best regular battle theme in the series.

Edit: I think they just added in the ARMS equivalent of Splatfests in this update wtf

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
New costumes for Rowan+Lianna
New history map themed for Rowan+Lianna
New weapon skill that tears clothes+lowers defense with weapon advantage
tearing clothing sounds lewd

are the new costumes good?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
tearing clothing sounds lewd

are the new costumes good?
It's like the Fates weapons that did that, probably. The update went live for Japan 12 hours ago, but I haven't played it yet.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It's like the Fates weapons that did that, probably. The update went live for Japan 12 hours ago, but I haven't played it yet.

I didn’t know that was a thing in Fates wtf

The costumes aren’t that great imo

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wait I think I just realized why they chose the weapons that they did for the first set of weapon reforging in Heroes.
So Deathly Dagger, Fujin Yumi, Sol Katti, Mystletainn, and Siegmund are all locked behind 5 star exclusive units, and none of them are really used that much. This lets IS test to see how reforging these weapons will affect the game. If any of them end up being absurdly broken, then it isn't that big of a problem as only a few people have the units in the first place. Hauteclere is different as it's on 2 units, and 1 of them is a GHB unit that is by-absolutely-no-coincidence-whatsoever-no-siree rereleasing aroud the time weapon reforging will be added. They probably chose this because 1) it lets them see how changing a legendary weapon that's shared between multiple units will work out (most likely to work out how to properly upgrade Falchion), and 2) it gives F2P players a use for divine dew if they don't have any of the other units. And Michalis isn't used all that much so if the reforged Hauteclere ends up being OP then it isn't as big of a problem.
So, yeah, I think that's why they chose these specific weapons even when others like Parthia and Binding Blade needed forging much more. Jeorge and Roy are available at 4 stars so a large chunk of the playerbase has them (except I still have never gotten a single Roy ever wtf IS). If they included those weapons as a part of the first wave of weapon reforging, that could affect a LARGE chunk of the game's playerbase if things end up bad. It would also explain why Ephraim got his weapon buffed but not Eirika's when they have effectively the same weapon.
The only weapons that should've been included in the first wave that didn't make it are Brynhildr and Cymbeline, but that'll probably be in wave 2. Maybe Armads as well.

Also I really hope that reforging a weapon just makes a new skill available to choose from and the effects don't get written onto the weapon itself. Otherwise what would happen if you reforged a weapon but then wanted to forge the same weapon but with a different effect since you didn't like the first?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How-

*Sees battle music leaked, checks*
This is too good. Was this made by Gods or something!?

Seriously, the battle theme is just. Godlike! I'm glad I'm going out of my way to pre-order this today. :yeahboi:
I'll laugh if the gaming store breaks the street date as well for Ultra Sun/Moon. That'd be hilarious.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Holy crap. The artist who did Lute's artwork is Seo Koji, the manga artist behind Suzuka, A Town Where You Live, and Fuuka. Holy crap. I remember finding out that Hoshino Lily was a manga artist too, but they got this dude? Man, now I want freaking RD Ike drawn by Miura Kentaro, the creator and artist of Berserk or something like getting a DC or Marvel artist to draw a character like a seasonal Arthur or Percy when he's introduced. Freaking Gerome done in a noir style or by a Batman artist would be so awesome. The possibilities!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The Xenoblade 2 OST has leaked but you know what else has leaked? The final boss fight. Now fortunately, i didn't see it. I only heard about it leaking and i've also heard that the final boss video has been taken down.

That being said, it looks like we're gonna start seeing story spoilers pop up. Looks like it's gonna be time to start locking down. I really, really, do not want this game spoiled for me. I've waited too long for that to happen right at the end. The OST leak is fine and all (unless one of the songs pulls a Zanza) but i don't want to see anything else.

not gonna go on youtube for now. might log out so that xenoblade doesn't appear on my recommendations if i ever need do

for the ****** who posted the final boss, i hope your switch blows up

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Lemme guess; after a long journey full of trials and friendship with his team of pokemon blades and defeating all 8 gym leaders all 8 titan nations, Rex must travel up Mt Silver a giant tree or something and fight the original hero, Red Shulk.

Behold, a sneak peek of the final boss!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
not gonna go on youtube for now. might log out so that xenoblade doesn't appear on my recommendations if i ever need do

If you watch YouTube on Google Chrome, you can turn also off thumbnails by going into Settings (on Chrome), then Advanced, and then Content Settings, which is located under Privacy and Security. After that, click on images and where it says "Block" click "Add" and type "www.YouTube.com" and all images on YouTube will be blocked. This includes profile pics, not that profile pics matter that much.

So you'll be able to browse YouTube without spoilery thumbnails. It won't do anything about spoiler titles though, unfortunately.

Lemme guess; after a long journey full of trials and friendship with his team of pokemon blades and defeating all 8 gym leaders all 8 titan nations, Rex must travel up Mt Silver a giant tree or something and fight the original hero, Red Shulk.

Behold, a sneak peek of the final boss!

That Amiibo actually looks pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
i came back to life after dying to hype from the feh broadcast
Welcome back.....to life!
there's something wrong here
Yes, it's your lack of faith in the overwhelming power of the goddess herself.

I think the original Punch-Out is my favourite NES game, even if I can't beat Super Macho Man, not even the last fighter. There's something so satisfying about winning against each fighter (I popped off so hard when I blocked Great Tiger's spinning flurry thing for the first time, even though that's child's play to me now). Soda Popinski is the hardest opponent in the game for me, except for SMM who I'm stil struggling with.
If I were to rank my favourite retro games overall, this is what it would be:
1. Punch-Out!
2. Kirby' Dream Land
3. Super Mario Bros.
4. Pokemon Blue
5. Legend of Zelda
6. Mega Man
7. Metroid (Metroid is the only purchase I regret, it really isn't fun at all)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Maaan, Xenoblade leaking sucks, but I doubt I’ll see many spoilers since I don’t necessarily binge Xenoblade videos, and only a couple people I subscribe to do anything Xenoblade related, one of which is Chuggaa. So I’ll be fine, probably. Plus USUM will keep me busy for a while. I already had to deal with USUM spoilers, so I can dodge Xeno spoilers for a few weeks
Wait I think I just realized why they chose the weapons that they did for the first set of weapon reforging in Heroes.
So Deathly Dagger, Fujin Yumi, Sol Katti, Mystletainn, and Siegmund are all locked behind 5 star exclusive units, and none of them are really used that much. This lets IS test to see how reforging these weapons will affect the game. If any of them end up being absurdly broken, then it isn't that big of a problem as only a few people have the units in the first place. Hauteclere is different as it's on 2 units, and 1 of them is a GHB unit that is by-absolutely-no-coincidence-whatsoever-no-siree rereleasing aroud the time weapon reforging will be added. They probably chose this because 1) it lets them see how changing a legendary weapon that's shared between multiple units will work out (most likely to work out how to properly upgrade Falchion), and 2) it gives F2P players a use for divine dew if they don't have any of the other units. And Michalis isn't used all that much so if the reforged Hauteclere ends up being OP then it isn't as big of a problem.
So, yeah, I think that's why they chose these specific weapons even when others like Parthia and Binding Blade needed forging much more. Jeorge and Roy are available at 4 stars so a large chunk of the playerbase has them (except I still have never gotten a single Roy ever wtf IS). If they included those weapons as a part of the first wave of weapon reforging, that could affect a LARGE chunk of the game's playerbase if things end up bad. It would also explain why Ephraim got his weapon buffed but not Eirika's when they have effectively the same weapon.
The only weapons that should've been included in the first wave that didn't make it are Brynhildr and Cymbeline, but that'll probably be in wave 2. Maybe Armads as well.

Also I really hope that reforging a weapon just makes a new skill available to choose from and the effects don't get written onto the weapon itself. Otherwise what would happen if you reforged a weapon but then wanted to forge the same weapon but with a different effect since you didn't like the first?
I hope these are just a first test. So many old units have lame ass weapons that could use some kind of boost. And no I DONT just want my Corrin to get buffed Also, can Berkut’s Lance+’s effect get boosted to Res+6 too? I know it’s not legendary, buuuuuut ;w; even if it doesn’t, I’ll probably give it the Res upgrade

Oh, and speaking of my Corrin, I pulled on the new banner for the explicit purpose of getting Mia so I could do this
There was a problem fetching the tweet
He is my tuff boy. May give him Galeforce. There was a bit of moral dilemma with foddering Mia once I realized she was voiced by Lani Minella, who also voiced Nancy Drew for the past 2 decades, and Nancy Drew is a huge part of my childhood. But, she was -Atk, and also her lisp was annoying, so she’s gone now

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Moira is live on Overwatch

can't wait for her to be instalocked every single game

i guess i'll be in no limits for the next few weeks

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So the only unit I'm aiming for is Dorcas, and that's so that I can use him as Infantry Pulse fodder for Alm. But then I looked up Joshua's stats and skills.
Joshua has Windsweep by default and a better statline than Alm. He also has a better unique weapon. I bet Joshua also has better voice lines when those get datamined. He's just flat-out better than Alm and his veggie-colored hair.

My cabbage patch kid got powercreeped.
:sadsheep:
Alm still has higher HP than Joshua letting him use Boost skills and Panic Ploy more effectively and like all of the Falchion users, his sustain is higher when he can stack Falchion's Renewal 2 with Renewal 3. Also, if you're going for the hit as hard as you can with Windsweep, Alm's stronger, especially +Atk Alm who'd have 36 attack to Joshua's 31 that he can't increase sine Joshua's not summonable. +Spd Alm would hit harder as well and would only be off by 2 speed which with Darting Blow or Wind Boost and Phantom Spd 3, he'd be considered as if he had 49 speed which I doubt is easy to come close to. Even if you didn't run Phantom Spd, effective 43 speed is still pretty good.

That being said, Joshua's (and Ayra, Dorcas, Lute, Mia, and Sigurd's) extra stats are totally unnecessary since he's not a trainee/villager unit and I think his stat growth isn't even like the trainee/villager units and more like Ayra's where she has higher base stats and higher stat growths.

Joshua has 40 HP, 31 Atk, 35 Spd, 30 Def, and 28 Res. Pretty balanced. Here's the problem: Audhulma. Audhulma gives him +5 resistance and -1 special cooldown. That's the highest stat boost on any weapon without a catch like Alfonse's Folkvangr requires him to be at half health or lower because it's Defiant Atk 2 or Tana's Vidofnir only giving her +7 defense against axes, lances, and swords. With Audhulma, Joshua has 33 resistance. 40/30/33 bulk is absurd; Fury 3 puts him at 40/33/36 bulk with 38 speed and L&D3 puts him at 40/25/28 bulk with 40 speed.

Joshua's stat spread is similar to Marth and Saber's if they had boosted stats and all of it went into resistance. That resistance he has is as good or better than Eirika, Fir, Lloyd, and Selena's. Eirika is more of a support unit because of Sieglinde, though. Fury lets him be even bulkier than all of them and L&D brings his defenses down to Eirika and Fir's while giving him 36/40 offenses which is neutral Mia's or +Atk Ayra's. Ayra and Mia would be better offensively because of their weapons and Regnal Astra for Ayra.

The stupid thing is if Joshua were a regular unit and had 40 HP, 31 Atk, 35 Spd, 30 Def, and 22 Res where Audhulma makes up his resistance, he would have been good because of his weapon instead being good because of his weapon and his stats being higher than other units. Pretty much all of the non-trainee/villagers with boosted stats having regular stats would have been fine, but nope, let's give them more stats making them even more bulkier than usual or stronger than usual which at this point, Mia's crossed the line of units having more than 71 total neutral offenses with her 32/40 offenses. It's just a tiny bit, but then you have to consider that her sword effectively gives her 35 attack and her 28 defense is above-average, her 25 resistance is decent, and her 38 HP is below-average. Yeah...

It really should only be the trainee/villager units who have higher stats and BH Ike and BH Lyn who were the first place winners unlike everyone else who while they placed high and are popular, it just doesn't seem right. Does not help when they have special weapons -- some made while others because they are the wielders of those weapons like Joshua and Sigurd -- and/or skills.

Part of me wants to run L&D3 Joshua because of how absurd his stats would be. 40 HP, 36 Atk, 40 Spd, 25 Def, and 23 Res before Audhulma. With Audhulma, it becomes 40 HP, 52 Atk, 40 Spd, 25 Def, and 28 Res. Fury + Renewal would be cool, but I'd rather run that on Ayra because of how absurd that would be. :p

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay let's compare the updates between Arms and FE Warriors:
ARMS:
  • Added a completely new character, stage, and ARMS
  • Added a new event that will contain exclusive rewards
  • Added QoL changes that nobody asked for but are super nice to have (for example, now you get notified if you've earned a badge without having to leave to the main menu)
Warriors:
  • Added a new history mode map with the exact same mission types as older maps and the missions are super low-leveled (apparently the later missions are challenging but I'm not there yet)
  • "Various bug fixes" except that none of the known bugs were fixed and there were actually MORE bugs added into the game. So there's still a chance that the game will crash when using a special
  • OC twins have new outfits but red is a bad color when worn in excess so no ty
  • There's a new skill but Luna is still probably better
I think I know what game I'm going to be playing more of until XC2 comes out.
ARMS is becoming an actual game worth the $60 price tag now. I'm proud of how far it's come.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Funny you should mention Warriors Cress, since I bought it when I went out to pre-order Xenoblade 2.

Also, I somehow managed to find a physical copy of Touhou Kobuto V for Switch. Which really surprised me. (Maybe I should've bought Touhou instead of FE Warriors. :secretkpop: )

Oh well, it might still be there when I go and collect my pre-order.

I'll also need to get Ultra Sun, so I can at least get some of my pokemon with better moves.

Edit: UNGA UNGA. YA BOY AZRAEL IS IN BBTAG.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Welp, the Xenoblade 2 OST got copyright striked. I pretty much expected it after the whole thing with the final boss being leaked. The videos are still there, you just can't watch them. Normally, when that happens, i would just convert the videos to MP3 files (i mean, i do that regardless) but i tested it with the Xenoblade 2 song above and the MP3 converters wouldn't take it. That said, the MP3 converter i mainly use is blocked on school wifi so i won't know if i can use it to convert it to an MP3 file until i get home.

I did download that song yesterday though. And some others. So i made a SoundCloud for them.The XC2 OST can't be blocked on YouTube if it's not on YouTube

I obviously won't be able to upload all of them, both because i can only upload up to 180 minutes of music (unless i go pro) and because i'm not uploading anything past the Mor Ardain themes. I'm just upset that the person who was uploading the OST on YouTube probably won't do so now which means i won't be able to listen to the Mor Ardain theme, because he never uploaded it.

Here's the SoundCloud playlist

Speaking of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the Twitter revealed what is possibly one of my favorite Blades so far

I would go on the Wiki to learn her name (because haha, Google/Bing Translate sucks) but the Wiki probably has spoilers. Plus, her name is likely to be different in the localized versions.

But wow. 95% of Blades are female. Just looking at the main Drivers (Rex, Nia, Tora, Zeke), only Nia has a male Blade, that being Dromarch. The rest are female. Pyra/Mythra is female, Poppi is female, Pandoira is female. And then you look at all the Rare Blades and 95% of them are female. My boy Rex is gonna have the biggest harem in history.

Here's her in action
Yes, she's actually does stay in the bathtub, at least when not in battle.

And with that, we are two weeks away from Xenoblade Chronicles 2's release. Next week is Thanksgiving Break, so that's one week of school i don't have to suffer through.

Okay let's compare the updates between Arms and FE Warriors:
ARMS:
  • Added a completely new character, stage, and ARMS
  • Added a new event that will contain exclusive rewards
  • Added QoL changes that nobody asked for but are super nice to have (for example, now you get notified if you've earned a badge without having to leave to the main menu)
Warriors:
  • Added a new history mode map with the exact same mission types as older maps and the missions are super low-leveled (apparently the later missions are challenging but I'm not there yet)
  • "Various bug fixes" except that none of the known bugs were fixed and there were actually MORE bugs added into the game. So there's still a chance that the game will crash when using a special
  • OC twins have new outfits but red is a bad color when worn in excess so no ty
  • There's a new skill but Luna is still probably better
I mean, it's not really a fair comparison considering that ARMS has been around since June whereas FE Warriors came out just last month. ARMS has gotten updates before yesterday whereas FE Warriors just got it's first update, and it was likely just something to entertain people while they wait for the DLC to release.

Between the two, i personally would play FE Warriors though that's because i'm a huge FE fan and the gameplay of ARMS doesn't really interest me that much.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I somehow got a friend request from Cress! Cress! last night, no idea how he knew it was me and I just had to press a button to accept instead of inputting a 15 character code, spin around 6 times, and sacrifice a small creature to the video game gods. Truly, technological advancement is a wonderful thing.

Out of curiosity, have any good albums come out recently (besides apparently a leaked copy of Xenoblade 2 OST) or something? I need new music.

ech, bottom tiers
sorry sir, I prefer DORMIN
Zelda has top tier sparkles though.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Out of curiosity, have any good albums come out recently (besides apparently a leaked copy of Xenoblade 2 OST) or something? I need new music.
Lorde’s new album has been widely critically acclaimed, but I get it it’s not your type of music

Other than that, I’ve been listening to a lot of Fiona Apple’s music, but her most recent album dropped in 2012, so it’s not really “new.”

I’m a big fan of artists like Björk, Florence + The Machine, Imogen Heap, and Ingrid Michaelson, and Brandi Carlile, so I’d recommend their stuff.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I somehow got a friend request from Cress! Cress! last night, no idea how he knew it was me and I just had to press a button to accept instead of inputting a 15 character code, spin around 6 times, and sacrifice a small creature to the video game gods. Truly, technological advancement is a wonderful thing.

Tamas came out with a new album, I haven't heard it yet but apparently it has a funk indie feel to it.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Funny you should mention Warriors Cress, since I bought it when I went out to pre-order Xenoblade 2.

Also, I somehow managed to find a physical copy of Touhou Kobuto V for Switch. Which really surprised me. (Maybe I should've bought Touhou instead of FE Warriors. :secretkpop: )

Oh well, it might still be there when I go and collect my pre-order.

I'll also need to get Ultra Sun, so I can at least get some of my pokemon with better moves.

Edit: UNGA UNGA. YA BOY AZRAEL IS IN BBTAG.
**** yeah valiant loops are hype af
I'm just wondering how they're going to bring his marks when there's like 2 main buttons since his 5d animation look like its probably going to be 5c

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I somehow got a friend request from Cress! Cress! last night, no idea how he knew it was me
The Swootch allows you to directly send friend requests to any friends you have added on your 3DS, Wii U, or the various mobile titles. Since we are friends on Heroes I just added you through there.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
idk what this is, but Jamison's/Fareeha's finger wags were on point and all of Symmetra's faces were S+ tier. Also I just realized "what a frightening thought" sounds like "what a frightening thot" and that makes it a good line.

BTW MOIRA IS AVAILABLE ON LIVE AND SO ARE ANA BUFFS/MERCY NERFS

70 damage per shot for Ana which is pretty nice. It means 3 bodyshots instead of 4 to kill most squishies. Or 2 bodyshots and 1 biotic grenade. I'd like it if her Sleep Dart was readjusted to be 5 second sleep with 10 second cooldown too, but, like, w/e I guess.

Mercy now takes 1.75 seconds to rez someone and moves 75% slower. It's not too bad to use, but is much more risky. The bonus here is that whoever Mercy is Rezing gets a heads up. So if they're drinking/eating something they have 2 seconds to get ready to fight/run. imo it's a decent change and she still gets 2 rezs for her Ult.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
He is my tuff boy. May give him Galeforce. There was a bit of moral dilemma with foddering Mia once I realized she was voiced by Lani Minella, who also voiced Nancy Drew for the past 2 decades, and Nancy Drew is a huge part of my childhood. But, she was -Atk, and also her lisp was annoying, so she’s gone now
Wait, so Phantom Speed works for Flashing Blade on player phase?

She has the best emotes too.

But the best voice goes to WFT bcuz they constantly remind you to be safe while performing exercises and/or while being murdered by a fitness ghost.

The Swootch allows you to directly send friend requests to any friends you have added on your 3DS, Wii U, or the various mobile titles. Since we are friends on Heroes I just added you through there.
(( S T A L K E R ))

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've been watching some ARMS gameplay and it looks pretty dope in action. The trailers and screenshots don't really sell it to me, but gameplay between actual does. If I were to play it, I think I'd go with Kid Cobra, Min Min, or maybe Misango.

Anyway, FEH's November-December schedule was posted and apparently Berkut is coming back after Michalis's GHB and the next banner is called Children of Fate. While it would seem obvious for it to be a Fates' second generation banner, it would be cool if Children of Fate was a banner of all the second generation characters. So, the Holy War, Awakening, and Fates kids. Maybe the other younger characters could work too like Myrrh and Nils.

Also, has anyone been following automotive news? Tesla showed off their electric semi-truck. Another company -- don't remember their name -- already unveiled an electric semi-truck, but regardless, electric semi-trucks would be great for short to mid-distance ground shipping. Long distance could work, but they would need periodic energy stations placed along their travel.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
While it would seem obvious for it to be a Fates' second generation banner, it would be cool if Children of Fate was a banner of all the second generation characters
The Japanese name for the banner is something along the lines of “Children of Black and White,” so I fully expect it to be a Hoshido/Nohr second gen banner

I’m hoping Mitama will be on the banner because she’s my favorite Fates character

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I don't really care about children units, so unless any of them are absurd unit wise, I'm passing. It would feel good to pass on a focus by choice for once. Also, the Amelia and Tana BHB focus will probably have Innes too so I'm down for that.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yeah, Mitama and Shigure are basically the only child units that would make me actually care about the banner, especially since a lot of people are saying Dwyer, Kana, etc. are likely to be on the banner

Unless they introduce a unique flier/armor gorl with the banner, I’ll probs skip it too

Top Bottom