• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Having a large team of people help you develop music is just the meta now for music, doesn't make Beyonce a heaux but whatever.

ghost writers are only really a con towards you when you are a rapper, and that's because lyrics is literally the whole point. If you have the voice you can be a singer, and don't need "bars". If you are rapper without "bars" you're literally irrelevant.

This theory doesn't hold quite as true anymore, now that I think about it.

:150:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
IS is trying so hard to get us to buy orbs

it's almost sad

i'm happy that i can finally get spring camilla

the new weapon forging thing looks really awful tbh

healer buff is necessary, but probs still not enough

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
That legendary banner is actually pretty nuts.
8% plus no other 5* to pity break.
back into colorless hell I go.

Thank god I don't give a **** about the other characters revealed so I can save orbs

Plus the weapon rebalancing is a great way for them to fix the powercreep gj is

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
the new weapon forging thing looks really awful tbh
I didn't watch the livestream, but I've been following with the live updater on Reddit and I like the idea since the only other alternative would be for the developers to upgrade everyone with Killer weapons and the other anti-movement type weapons now that it was revealed. Forging is something you can do in FE, so it's cool that it's in Heroes. How it's going to work in practice, however... Yeah.

Also, the dude at the end looks like Ganondorf to me. :p

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
spring camilla is my most wanted unit from the new legendary banner (and my most wanted unit in general), and pulling for her will have the added benefit of also allowing me to get hector

i hope i'll be able to get a decent amount of merges for camilla

i now have to horde all of my orbs and feathers for her

currently at around 53 orbs and 15k feathers

btw, legendary summoning banner units are (regular) ike, deirdre, celica, genny, bridal caeda, spring marx, spring camilla, bridal cordelia, brave lyn, ayra, and hector

fjorm or whatever her name is might be on the banner too idk

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

yoooo wtf is this art tho. It's the same level as Wrys or Arden, but, like, looks good still. Just very out of place. His hair and muscles are like, S+ tier tho wtf I can't handle this (Dorcus is one of my dear husbandos and he is the sweetest most "don't give a ****" man ever and I want to marry him but he's already married so I can't SOMEONE HELP). He has Distant Counter built into his axe which is odd. Sure it's a Tomahawk, but that'd be more fitting on a character like Dart or Fargus since they're Pirates and they don't GAF. I assume he'll be locked to 5*. I suppose whoever is super popular poll wise gets special weapons? I'm all for these 4 new guys having great weapons as long as they aren't SI-able.

And that Legendary Banner really is nuts. You're likely to get 1 5* every full pull with 8% tbh. After all, how many gorlos have gotten past 6% without getting a pity breaker. I was going to spam the Halloween banner for a chance of Henry or Sakura (I got 2 Jakobs, both with -RES and +SPD because of course). But I suppose I'll keep going until I get a 5* and just hoard orbs. I only really care about Dorcus because he's husbando-boy and the Legendary Banner will probably get 40 dollars from me at the least.

Then there's healer buffs, stronger magic attacks and healing. That's definietly a step in the right direction. Now just give us a damn Teleport-y-Sacred-Seal-Thingy and we'll be good to go. Or Wrathful Staff thingie. I'll take either one. It seems like it was a big overhaul to fix their mistakes. We're going to have a lot of new crap to go over when someone compiles everything.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Joshua being free is cool. I want him. I also want Mia. She's so cute. Mia, come home.
Fjorm looks amazing and that cutscene was the most anime thing Fire Emblem has done. Fjorm being free and Joshua being free saves my Orbs so i can spend them on Mia.

Hello Sutor. Saw you in Thor: Ragnarok. Now you're in Heroes. No, that's not a spoiler, he appears in the trailers and also the first 5 minutes of the movie.

STAFF BUFF! WEAPON FORGING! SKILL COOLDOWN BUFF! WHAT IS COMPETITIVE? WHAT IS BALANCED GAMEPLAY?

I'm really excited.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
can we please acknowledge how terrifying mia's neutral pose art is?

she looks like she's going to cut off my face and wear it like a mask

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Been grading midterms, now to catch up.

I actually legit want the Part 6's ED to be Ween's "Ocean Man".
Tears In Heaven just works on so many levels though. I'd have to spoil the entire arc to go through half of it though...

With Sonic Forces now out.
My question has been answered; ****ing Silver is in again, but Blaze is nowhere to be found. That's gonna be a skip for me.

Animal Crossing New Leaf is probably the least fun game I've played in a while. It's incredibly boring. the costs for construction/house expansions are ridiculously high and take too long to fulfil, and Tormiter's mini games aren't fun in the slightest.
I couldn't get into New Leaf either. Rune Factory 4 was way more up my alley.

I mostly got Buddhahobo Buddhahobo 's wide variety of units as my partner,
I only ever sent out my DD6 Felicia and Steady Breath Lukas, tho.

yooo they got the guy from ff15 in tekken
At least all those cup noodle ads make sense now
Lars sucks at fishing is now canon. I'm okay with this.

wtf does husbando/waifu actually mean???
Codeword for "Highlander".

"Too many waifus will ruin your laifu" is just modern day lingo for "There can be only one!"

When you see people online complaining about their waifus and husbando, they're actually arranging a swordfight to the death.

Seriously. They'll never be able to recapture the majesty of the original.

Having a large team of people help you develop music is just the meta now for music, doesn't make Beyonce a heaux but whatever.
I's really hard to think anything negative about Beyonce given everything her husband's put her through, tbh. Watching that relationship happen was like the textbook definition of 'messed up'.

ghost writers are only really a con towards you when you are a rapper, and that's because lyrics is literally the whole point. If you have the voice you can be a singer, and don't need "bars". If you are rapper without "bars" you're literally irrelevant.
Depends on the type of rapper, tbh. Like, there are basically two camps of rap imo; the rap that basically comes out of music (i.e., the musician / the song's foundation is the music itself, for which the lyrics are an instrument) and the rap that basically is "music" only in name (i.e., Beat Poetry is effectively the foundation, the music is there sofar only as vehicle, and not even necessarily a preferred one). You typically recommended the latter in the past, so I think I can see where you're coming from when you started the analogy, at least.

Also, the dude at the end looks like Ganondorf to me. :p
Shut your heaux mouth, Ganondorf's gorgeous ruby locks have no equal. And that dude at the end takes even less care of his skin than a guy who grew up in a literal desert.

EDIT: Just rewatched it and he's literally buff Lysandre from XY.

yoooo wtf is this art tho.
It's ****ing gorgeous is what it is. Like, can you honestly say Dorcas isn't the sexiest man in FEH?

I wonder how good the Christmas Banner is going to be. I'll probably wait on summoning in the hero fest banner for that to come out.

>3306 pages of thread
jesus, what do you people even do on this board to make it so freaking BIG
We seriously and in painstakingly detail discuss the overwhelming advantages of Zelda in the current meta.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

yoooo wtf is this art tho. It's the same level as Wrys or Arden, but, like, looks good still. Just very out of place. His hair and muscles are like, S+ tier tho wtf I can't handle this (Dorcus is one of my dear husbandos and he is the sweetest most "don't give a ****" man ever and I want to marry him but he's already married so I can't SOMEONE HELP). He has Distant Counter built into his axe which is odd. Sure it's a Tomahawk, but that'd be more fitting on a character like Dart or Fargus since they're Pirates and they don't GAF. I assume he'll be locked to 5*. I suppose whoever is super popular poll wise gets special weapons? I'm all for these 4 new guys having great weapons as long as they aren't SI-able.
Same artist as Arden: Soeda Ippei. And his voice is awesome too in my opinion. I've been trying to figure out who it is and I think it might be Joe J. Thomas, Deen and Randal's voice in Shadows of Valentia. This is going off of his other works where Dorcas kind of sounds like Lex Luthor in Mortal Kombat vs. DC and Salvatore Da Luca from a game called The Heist which apparently exists.

I really want him which is hilarious since I never used him in Blazing Sword outside of Lyn's story. Then again, Hector was in the game too, so... Anyway, dude has awesome MANLY art, awesome voice, and he's the first axe unit with Distant Counter.

Shut your heaux mouth, Ganondorf's gorgeous ruby locks have no equal. And that dude at the end takes even less care of his skin than a guy who grew up in a literal desert.

EDIT: Just rewatched it and he's literally buff Lysandre from XY.
Well, what do you expect? He's a wannabe Ganondorf. :p

Seriously, though, he looks like pre-Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf. Ocarina of Time Ganondorf is probably the closest with his bright orange hair that hasn't been grown out and/or curled to its fabulous glory.

Oh, yeah, forgot about Lysandre. Couldn't think of his name when I saw whatever this dude's name is going to be in Heroes.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I’m only really focused on the legendary weapons that can be buffed but the normal weapons being buffed sounds neat too.
And it’s cool that now we don’t need to hunt for Saber/Leon/Amelia if we want better Slaying weapon’s
Just wish Yato would be added to the upgrade list. Is Corrin not considered trash enough to need the buff like Takumi and Eldigan :c

Oh yeah and I really really like the new story stuff. I’m a nerd for all that. Alfonse and Sharena looked really pretty and I can’t wait till we can beat the game by shooting Veronica with our gun

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, I guess that's it for this banner. I got a blue 5*, but it was someone I already had as a 4*.
3* Arthur: +HP, -Def.

3* Draug: +Res, -HP.

3* Gordin: +Spd, -Atk. Seriously? Sent him home because this is ridiculous!

4* Niles: +Atk, -Spd. Again?

4* Shanna: +HP, -Spd.

3* Cherche: +Def, -Atk.

5* Cordelia: +Def, -Atk.

3* Laslow: +Res, -Def.

3* Matthew: +Res, -Spd.

4* Setsuna: +HP, -Def.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So the only unit I'm aiming for is Dorcas, and that's so that I can use him as Infantry Pulse fodder for Alm. But then I looked up Joshua's stats and skills.
Joshua has Windsweep by default and a better statline than Alm. He also has a better unique weapon. I bet Joshua also has better voice lines when those get datamined. He's just flat-out better than Alm and his veggie-colored hair.

My cabbage patch kid got powercreeped.
:sadsheep:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Also I'm building a PC for myself. I should be able to do it next weekend :^D

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I’m only really focused on the legendary weapons that can be buffed but the normal weapons being buffed sounds neat too.
And it’s cool that now we don’t need to hunt for Saber/Leon/Amelia if we want better Slaying weapon’s
Just wish Yato would be added to the upgrade list. Is Corrin not considered trash enough to need the buff like Takumi and Eldigan :c
Corrin was going to get a buff to his sword, but then IS caught him being naughTy and disgusTing. Which is usually fine but Ike is IS's husbando and nobody's allowed to see him or his bara in person. Pictures are fine tho for some reason. Anyway, Corrin is now punished because he was being a lewd boy. You can look at a picture of the butt, not the butt irl tho. DUH. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

F'real tho, it's probably because M!Corrin and F!Corrin are odd. F!Corrin gets a not-so-special breath attack and M!Corrin gets a unique weapon. Husbando Corrin getting a sword buff and Waifu Corrin not getting a dragonstone buff would be pretty unfair. I think the Corrins are fine without buffs either way. M!Corrin has a stupid-speedy niche thanks to how Yato stacks with things like darting blow. That means ez Windsweep shenanigans or ez doubles so YAY for him!

I wonder what killer weapons will get and what slayer weapons will get for the upgrade. Maybe killer weapons also get -1 charge each time they enter a map while slayer weapons get more MT?

So the only unit I'm aiming for is Dorcas, and that's so that I can use him as Infantry Pulse fodder for Alm. But then I looked up Joshua's stats and skills.
Joshua has Windsweep by default and a better statline than Alm. He also has a better unique weapon. I bet Joshua also has better voice lines when those get datamined. He's just flat-out better than Alm and his veggie-colored hair.

My cabbage patch kid got powercreeped.
:sadsheep:
What if Falchion gets special buffs depending on which person is wielding it? Be patient gorlie. No matter how garbo one's husbandos or waifus are, they must stick by them. That's why I have an offensive 5* Serra among other waifus and husbandos... I should probably have Serra as my Summoner Support unit to held the gorl out instead of Super Husbando Inigo but. Like. Whatever I guess.

Also I'm building a PC for myself. I should be able to do it next weekend :^D
You need to get OW so all the gorls can be in a group and just spam cute emotes or whatever while the enemy team goes ?????????? on the objective.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon everyone. How're you all doing? :4zelda:

With the Smash 4 Boot Camp coming soon, I really do hope Nicko makes it in. I really want to see Shulk get some love; since we already got 2 Diddy Kongs and 2 Sheiks, we need some variety. :V

Plus, Nicko wants to challenge ZeRo to a bo5 in a Shulk ditto. :secretkpop:

I do hope Nicko makes it in, I'd like to see Shulk get represented more. (Plus, Shulk is fun to watch and it'll be great for the Xenoblade 2 hype)

My question has been answered; ****ing Silver is in again, but Blaze is nowhere to be found. That's gonna be a skip for me.
Blaze decided to stay in her universe, she didn't want to be part of a fanfic. :secretkpop:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Chuggaconroy himself gives his own thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and it makes me even more excited for the game. Hearing all of this coming from one of the biggest Xenoblade experts out there erases any doubts i may have had with this game.

No, the video isn't 25 hours long and you don't have to worry about any spoilers.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
This 2 week wait for Spring Camilla is going to kill me

I’m heavily debating whether I should summon for Halloween Nowi while she’s still available. I already have Elincia, so my red spot is filled, but Nowi is the only red tome flier, and probably will remain the only one for a while

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
You need to get OW so all the gorls can be in a group and just spam cute emotes or whatever while the enemy team goes ?????????? on the objective.
I have a hard time getting into FPS's. I'd rather play Tony Hawk, the original FPS.

Chuggaconroy himself gives his own thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and it makes me even more excited for the game. Hearing all of this coming from one of the biggest Xenoblade experts out there erases any doubts i may have had with this game.

No, the video isn't 25 hours long and you don't have to worry about any spoilers.
i actually watched some footage of xenoblade 2. saw some english cutscenes

rex is er.... bleh. nia's english voice is actually legit tbh. same for morag

edit: be warned. SPOILERS

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
i actually watched some footage of xenoblade 2. saw some english cutscenes

rex is er.... bleh. nia's english voice is actually legit tbh. same for morag

edit: be warned. SPOILERS
Aside from the cutscene with Morag, i've already seen those other cutscenes.

I think Rex's VA is fine. He's not as good as Shulk's but he still gets the job done imo.

Nia was the spotlight though. And i could've sworn i've heard Morag's VA before but i can't tell where.

THE MOR ARDAIN THEME THO!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I have a hard time getting into FPS's. I'd rather play Tony Hawk, the original FPS.
tbh i hate first person shooters and overwatch somehow became one of my favorite games ever

there are a lot of characters that go outside of the realm of "point and shoot" of traditional fps games

but if you don't like the game, then i won't force it on you or anything

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I would enjoy playing it for a little bit, but I just wouldn't put enough time into it to be worth anything.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i honestly thought i'd only play the game for like a week when i got it, but now i've put like 430 hours into it. maybe check it out when it goes down in price for the holidays?

So I ended up deciding that I would summon for Halloween Nowi because fliers and armors are like the only units I’m interested in st this point. I was having bad luck and not getting any red orbs to show up. I got a session with 4 blues and a green when this happened:
B28476A5-FB93-4E90-B887-8378F497A4F9.png

He’s +spd -res. I don’t really care about Ike, so I’m not sure if I’ll use him or fodder him off for Steady Breath. At the very least, I’ll level him to 40 to get his confession before deciding his fate.

Not sure how I feel about the game deciding to randomly give me off-focus units that I've been wanting (a Leon to actually use for a horse emblem team and now a Brave Ike for Steady Breath fodder). I feel like it's goingt o end badly for me somehow

I also got a Halloween Nowi soon after that, but she’s +def -atk lol. I’ll probably give her a blade tome to alleviate the bane, but it still hurts my soul.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
yeah, steady breath is locked to melee infantry and armors, which is LAME

i was waiting for a brave ike banner so i could give steady breath to my +def -spd adult tiki, but i'm not so sure if i still want to do that

adult tiki is one of the best candidates for steady breath, and i think i saw someone saying nowi is pretty decent with it? i remember a lot of people giving steady breath to black knight, too, since he already has dc with his sword

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hello, it's you're friendly neighborhood Armagon and today, i'm here to deliver to you the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 OST. Yes, the OST has been leaked.
The battle theme
The unique monster theme
Gormott Province theme
If you want to hear more, i'll link to the channel here.

I just wanna say, the Xenoblade 2 OST just blew both XC1 and X's out of the water.

Edit: A while ago, i said that the battle theme for XC2 was close but not as good as Mechanical Rhythm. After hearing the full clean rip of XC2's battle theme, i have to say that yes, XC2's battle theme blows Mechanical Rhythm out of the water.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I just saw the Feh Channel and I'm super hyped, I'm so glad IS is handing out all these buffs. Now my Ephraim can put in even more work, and Jaffar can hopefully begin to start pulling his weight :secretkpop:. Staff buffs are cool, but it's unlikely we'll see them in the Arena anytime. The Glimmer buff is super hot, now it has a real purpose as a Moonbow alternative which is great for Blade tomes. Free orbs, 5* OC, and the Legendary Heroes focus is awesome, hopefully I luck out and get Spring Camilla, the sole unit I really want from the focus.

In summoning news, my Halloween pity rate got broken by Deirdre, which isn't too bad, but to top it off my first summon after the rate being refreshed was Celica. Even though I have no Halloween units, which I wanted for the new class types, I think I'm calling it a day. 2 5*s in less than 100 orbs is pretty good, and I need to save up for Legendary Heroes.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Maybe for a serious answer to Merpis is that we (this social) quickly established our social as a larger social hub--even for non-Zeldas--earlier in smash 4's lifetime. Generally through our past of coughcoughraidsofothersocialscoughcough. It gave us the edge to tough out the slowdown of the game's popularity and sustain as a social.

But basically only like, 4 people here are truly dedicated Zelda mains, and the rest are our guests and friends <3

there's something wrong here
there's quite a few things wrong here tbh ;)

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
i came back to life after dying to hype from the feh broadcast

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
This 2 week wait for Spring Camilla is going to kill me

I’m heavily debating whether I should summon for Halloween Nowi while she’s still available. I already have Elincia, so my red spot is filled, but Nowi is the only red tome flier, and probably will remain the only one for a while
Use up your pity rate for the Halloween Banner and start saving. I think we're getting 2 story chapters with the next update, so that's 18~30 orbs depending on quests and how many segments per chapter. That 8% summon rate is just too good to not save for at this point. Like, just throw all the orbs you can at that.

Although I'm sure the winter banner will be coming a 1-2 weeks after the super-amazing banner so whoops.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
This is accurate

Ah yes, i expected this game to have two regular battle themes. XC1 had it, so i expected it to be the same deal here............OH MY GOD, THIS IS TOO GOOD FOR MY MORTAL EARS!!!!!!

I've been a long time believer that Xenoblade, as a series, has the best music out of any Nintendo franchise. Hearing XC2's OST only further supports that belief.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Use up your pity rate for the Halloween Banner and start saving. I think we're getting 2 story chapters with the next update, so that's 18~30 orbs depending on quests and how many segments per chapter. That 8% summon rate is just too good to not save for at this point. Like, just throw all the orbs you can at that.

Although I'm sure the winter banner will be coming a 1-2 weeks after the super-amazing banner so whoops.
if you saw my post that was a few after the one you just quoted, i did end up summoning for nowi

i ended up getting her (-atk +def rip but idc), along with a random +spd -res brave ike when there were no red orbs to summon on

someone did the math for the legendary hero banner and with the way the summoning system works, there's approximately a 10% at base to pull a green focus

i am so ready for spring camilla to come. i also want spring marx a lot because he's my husbando

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
We're actually going to be hit with tons of orbs if you think about
30 Book 2 orbs
8 CC orbs
3 Intermission orbs
~30 TT orbs
Not counting Log-in bonuses at 13 orbs each, 3 orbs each weekend, 4 weekly arena orbs, and who knows what ever events we've got in store.

Top Bottom