• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Nintendo updated the Switch so it can record videos. I was really happy. But then, i found out recording only works on certain games.
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Splatoon 2
  • Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
  • Mighty Gunvolt Burst
  • Blaster Master Zero
Those are all the Switch games i have. The bolded ones are the only ones where recording works. I'm disappointed tbh.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Nintendo updated the Switch so it can record videos. I was really happy. But then, i found out recording only works on certain games.
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Splatoon 2
  • Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
  • Mighty Gunvolt Burst
  • Blaster Master Zero
Those are all the Switch games i have. The bolded ones are the only ones where recording works. I'm disappointed tbh.
Give it time. It's clear, that 1st party games get the special treatment + MK8 is a port, so... unsure about that.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Why haven't you drawn a husbando Wrys for your avatar yet? I feel like you're dragging your feet because you don't want people to find out who your real "husbando" is.
Wrysmilla.png

Almost as great of a family as Maria, Minerva, and Michalis
Well, everything was fine until Michalis stole Minerva's Pretty Sparkle Queen Playset Complete With Crown Accessory so he could act out some weird and probably illegal fantasy. So really the fault lies entirely with him. All he had to do was ask. He should know better that stealing is never OK and is soooooo rude. He totally deserved that time-out underground for the rest of his life for a little while.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Give it time. It's clear, that 1st party games get the special treatment + MK8 is a port, so... unsure about that.
I get that but like, if you're gonna roll out a major update, you should make sure that most, if not all currently available games are compatible with it. It doesn't even look like something that warrants certain games getting it first but what do i know?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Why haven't you drawn a husbando Wrys for your avatar yet? I feel like you're dragging your feet because you don't want people to find out who your real "husbando" is.

Well, everything was fine until Michalis stole Minerva's Pretty Sparkle Queen Playset Complete With Crown Accessory so he could act out some weird and probably illegal fantasy. So really the fault lies entirely with him. All he had to do was ask. He should know better that stealing is never OK and is soooooo rude. He totally deserved that time-out underground for the rest of his life for a little while.
I had to switch labtops just before summer and lost a lot of my Wrys edits in the progress so I'm really glad i got this masterpiece back

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Arvis is the best thing since BH Lyn for me. I finally have a high resistance red mage. Sophia could have done the job, but I didn't and I kind of still don't have the resources for her. Getting Rauthraven+ and G Tomebreaker 3 on her would mean two Henry's and I only summoned two Henrys. I'd rather not until I can get at least 1 more Henry. Tharja's a good offensive red mage not a defensive one like Henry, Sophia, and depending on how you build him, Arvis. I remember bringing her on lunatic Hawkeye and Ninian's BHB and she was murdered by the green mage. Oh, she's not that slow with -Spd as a 4*... Dies. Welp...

For the GHB itself, Lunatic Arvis was like "What is this?" until I started seeing a ton of people saying use BH Roy he can ORKO the axe cavalier and Arvis with Galeforce giving him another turn. After that it was like "Oh, so it does work." I thought about using BH Roy for the GHB, but I didn't think it would actually work and why. Turns out it's because Arvis is that squishy to physical units. Well, that's the first time I ever did a one turn clear for a GHB. Team for this was default, neutral BH Lyn, neutral 4* Olivia with Wings of Mercy, +Res, -Def BH Roy, and +Res, -Atk 5* Titania with Hone Cavalry.

Infernal Arvis ended up being similar to Lunatic Arvis, except Titania being -Atk screwed her over hard. With -Atk, she leaves the lance cavalier with 13 HP. If she were =Atk, she'd leave him with 1 HP, so all I would have needed to do was give her an Attack +1 seal. Instead, I have to have her activate a special or get +5 attack from someone. I went with special since I have a ton of Niles for Iceberg lying around and Quickened Pulse would let her activate Iceberg against the lance cavalier. So, same deal of BH Roy wrecking the axe cavalier and Arvis, BH Lyn kills the red mage, Titania kills the lance cavalier, and a +Atk, -Res 3* Frederick with Brave Axe killing the blue mage. A different strategy could have worked with Olivia again if Roy had even less defense or the axe cavalier had more attack. I say this since when I did lunatic, BH Roy didn't drop below 50% HP like BH Lyn did. If he did, I could have had Olivia warp to him and with a Speed +1 seal, he could have ORKO'd the blue mage because that's what happens when you have L&D3 and terrible defense.

Anyway, Arvis is the fastest new unit to get promoted to 5*. Helps that the Warriors maps are still live, but 3* to 5* in one day. That's not going to happen again unless Lyon or whatever red mage GHB unit shows up since I really need more red mages if that desperate leveling of Arvis wasn't any indication. I did promote him a bit earlier when he was a 4*, around level 34, to lower the total SP he'd get since I get annoyed when units have too much SP and I don't know what to do with them for one reason or another. Ahem, Berkut. If I recall correctly, the next or data-mined TT is a Holy War one and assuming he's going to be a bonus unit, he's going to get a lot of SP. Even then, I might as well bring him a long to get SP for an assist and Iceberg/Glacies.

As a character, I love Xander Mobus's performance -- his "Of course" when you select him is oddly satisfying for me to hear --, Teita's art is good, and his unique idle and first attack animation are cool. That said, Arvis isn't exactly a good guy even if you consider that he was a pawn in the greater scheme of things.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Me: "Man, i can't wait to Ayra. Whether she's a TT Reward or GHB Reward, it doesn't matter, i'm so happy to finally be able to use one of my favorite-

Intelligent Systems, why??????? Can't wait to not pull her. Can't wait to get baited by Eldigan instead. Can't wait to not even pull Eldigan and get garbage instead.

Appearntly, even the Japanese playerbase is mad about this.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Me: "Man, i can't wait to Ayra. Whether she's a TT Reward or GHB Reward, it doesn't matter, i'm so happy to finally be able to use one of my favorite-

Intelligent Systems, why??????? Can't wait to not pull her. Can't wait to get baited by Eldigan instead. Can't wait to not even pull Eldigan and get garbage instead.

I wonder why~

It's just generally a bad decition. A really stupid decition. Two red units. Only one of them is new and actually desired.
And she's even 40% bonus unit. It just... is really stupid.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
DAY 3! DAY 3 HYPE! :yeahboi:

Anyway, morning all. Everyone doing good? :4zelda:

As you could tell, Day 3 of the Jungle Inferno update for TF2 went up and it listed EVERYTHING that was Pyro related with balances to their flamethrowers and new weapons.

So the Pyro got not 2, but 4 new weapons.

The first is a Primary named The Dragon's Fury. Where it fires a single shot flame but it is very powerful; and the more consistent you are with hitting your targets with it, the quicker the reload time is and you'll do bonus damage. So now Pyro has a way to deal with range from afar which is good; and now won't have to rely on picking off shots with the Flare Guns.

The next two are Secondaries. First being the noticable jetpack that was see in the 5 minute short called The Thermal Thruster, which seems like a combination of the Rocket Jumper and Mantreads. Pyro will be able to get some substancial height gain with the jetpack and if they land on an enemy, they'll do 3x fall damage. This will most definitely help Pyro with the movement issues and allow them to be more useful in rolling out. It also has a taunt connected to it where the Pyro will ignite a light and use the thruster to sort of "fart". I'm assuming it's a taunt kill.

The next secondary is a gas can called The Gas Passer; I don't know if it's a throwable item or if the Pyro will have to get in close, but it's sort of like a molotov from Left 4 Dead. Now, it unleashes a visible green gas that if ignited by the Pyro, will cause all enemy players that got tagged by the gas to be combust into flames, this also works on enemy Pyros. This seems VERY good in chokepoints like the corridor in Hoodoo, 2fort, Upward and maybe even Badlands and Thundermountain? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The fourth is a Melee for Pyro. Called The Hot Hand... And Pyro straight up slaps you. Yes. They slap you. It sounds stupidly funny and I want it. It grants the Pyro a speed boost if they connect a slap, so it seems like it can be useful to get out of sticky situations or to escape from flanks and chokepoints, however you do 20% less damage then normal; plus it'll keep track in the kill feed of the number of slaps you've delivered. The Hot Hand sounds like it's going to be a VERY fun weapon to use.

Luckily, Heavy isn't left out. He gets... A banana. Called The Second Banana, where it heals 50% of what the Sandvich originally heals, BUT it recharges twice as fast. It does sound decently good, but I am curious if when dropped, it'll be a small health pack or a medium. Since if it's a medium, I feel like it can easily be exploited. This also confirms that the Contracker is free for all users who boot up the game, and that Pyroland Contracts are free; giving us 6 Contracts to complete. I am curious on what the 6th item will be. It'll either be Blood Money, War Paint or a Jungle Cosmetic.

Also, all the flamethrowers have been fixed, they now have all the hitboxes fixed, aligned and the airblast properly works.

Overall, very excited for this. :yeahboi:

http://www.teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/pyro.php For those that want to check it out for themselves.

But anyway, about to go and do my Uni stuff while I have a stream playing in the background. Hopefully I'll figure the stuff out, and hopefully we'll get some new info in regards to BBTAG from ARC ArcSys Revolutions Cup.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

LOL, NEVER MIND, I'M A HAPPY BOI NOW

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
> Obvious bait banner is obvious
> Spends 4/5ths of orbs anyway
> Doesn't get Ayra

Well, at least I got another Celica?

Who do I even give Distant Def 3 to if I'm already using my other one for Felicia, though...

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
> Obvious bait banner is obvious
> Spends 4/5ths of orbs anyway
> Doesn't get Ayra

Well, at least I got another Celica?

Who do I even give Distant Def 3 to if I'm already using my other one for Felicia, though...
Why not merge them and give the red-sorcerer princess her deserved place?

LOL, NEVER MIND, I'M A HAPPY BOI NOW

And congratulations to you!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Such a gross move on IS’s part

I got a Hinata from my free summon, and that’s all I’m going to spend on the banner.

It’s such an obvious cash grab

I’ll just go back to trying to get Nohrian Aqua with my 4.5% pity rate

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Meh, I got a Stahl with my freebie, and I’m probably done. She has great art but tbh I didn’t really wanna build and use another sword, even if she is really good

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Got her on the second session +Def/-hp

lol her stats are insane
More bulk and speed than ryoma/Ike lmao and she only trades off like 1 point of attack for that.

Gg all non DC swords.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
am i the only guy that really hates the direction that IS has teken with Tempest Trial bonus units?

Do they really have to make a tempest trial with 5* Exclusive bonus units from a banner that JUST came out?

I really miss "To Die on the Battlefield"

anyways in the long standing tradition on Antonykun Antonykun pulling no 5*s on the free pull i got a 4* lon'qu. Yay fodder i guess

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
am i the only guy that really hates the direction that IS has teken with Tempest Trial bonus units?

Do they really have to make a tempest trial with 5* Exclusive bonus units from a banner that JUST came out?

I really miss "To Die on the Battlefield"

anyways in the long standing tradition on Antonykun Antonykun pulling no 5*s on the free pull i got a 4* lon'qu. Yay fodder i guess
To be fair, GHB units are in there too. I just wished Seliph and Julia were bonus units...

And I doubt you are the only one, they just chose to complain about something else first.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Julia is the mascot of the TT and she isn’t even a bonus character, rip
At least my luck got me a pretty good Sigurd. And I don’t have to grind SP on Warriors maps with him. AND he’ll be able to get fun buffs from my other horsies

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Well, I'm officially finished Dragon Ball Kai. It was a good series overall, although the Buu saga was a real pain to get through as I previously ranted. The script and voices/voice acting were definitely the best parts of the series. Frieza's new voice being the biggest improvement to me with Kid Gohan coming in second (He now sounds like an actual 4-5 year old). The script was quite mature in comparison to the original while not sounding too intellectual. I liked the recolouring, but it sometimes went a bit overboard like when Cell self-destructs. The music has an interesting story. See, for the Sayain Saga, Frieza Saga and first half of the Cell Saga, Kai had legitimately good music
. Unfortunately, it turned out the composer was a plagiarist, so he got replaced. The new composer created weak, repetitive music (imo). It was part of the reason why I didn't like the Buu Saga, as I had to listen to that score for 70 episodes.
I haven't touched on the best part yet however, which is all the filler being removed and the pacing improvement. The last episode of Kai is episode 169. In episode 169 of Dragon Ball Z, Goku and Gohan are powering up in front of Korin after they just left the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to fight Cell. For better or worse, that is a crazy difference in pacing. Some people consider Filler to be good for worldbuilding, and while I can see their point of view (Especially the good filler like Goku and Piccolo driving.) I like being able to watch Dragon Ball knowing that everything came from Toriyama.
Overall, I'll give the series a 7/10. Individually, 10/10 for the Sayain Saga. 8/10 for the Frieza Saga, 9/10 for the Cell Saga, and 4/10 for the Buu Saga

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
We got news on the Warriors DLC!

Minerva, Linde and Azura will come in, alongside the obvious npc characters who you'll see in the storymode, but aren't playable yet.

Tharja and Olivia are coming too... oh naga, save me from this... HYPE!
Source

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
People assumed Sword Waifu would come for free because her stats and skills are a tad absurd (and non-inheritable Special). Haha but whoops! Nope! Super greed sweeps in and it's banner time. I'm guessing Arden is the TT Meme for us then.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
3 history maps per pack tho

Wasn't expecting Olivia

I'll flip a table if Minerva ends up being a fireball-chucking Camilla clone

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Owain, Zero and Oboro being paid DLC is so dumb

They're already in the game, so like, why not just make them playable

But KT has to milk the consumers of FE Warriors for as much money as possible, so it's not like this whole thing was a surprise

and anyone who doesn't pronounce Tharja's name as Thar-yuh deserves to be excommunicated from society

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

But KT has to milk the consumers of FE Warriors for as much money as possible, so it's not like this whole thing was a surprise

and anyone who doesn't pronounce Tharja's name as Thar-yuh deserves to be excommunicated from society
OK but 2 of them are S+ tier husbandos and Oboro is a top notch waifu because she's all like "I have an eye for style and that's why I don't dress like a ****ing heaux, Cowmilla." Really, as long as they come with swimsuit options nobody will mind paying. Except Niles because I'm pretty sure that man has no idea what a swimsuit is. Or what underwear is, for that matter. He is a hobag but he is my hobag so it's OK. But is it Owain or Odin. I know, same husbando, different clothes for different fetishes. But I'm just asking because it seems odd to have Fates Husbando/Waifu and then throw in the Awakening version of a husbando who is also in Fates.

But tbh I like Owain and Odin equally even though they have the same energy but different shifts in obnoxiousness (Good Boy vs Dark Boy). He really reminds me of Flay from Mana Khemia 1 who was super into being a super hero, having special names and sayings, being totally extra all the time but capable of being normal occasionally. Just imagine Owain's/Odin's obnoxiousness mixed with Arthur. Bam. Flay Gunnar. But he... Pulls an Owain/Odin and... Swaps to a darker/eviler persona mixed with some Genji Main Weeabooness in Mana Khemia 2... And... Flay and Owain are literally the same husbando. At least I have a type, I guess?

HELP

H E L P

I have fallen and I can't even right now.

to edgy boi

Thar-yuh is acceptable as a pronunciation for Tharja. I personally say Thar-juh, but it could also be Thary-ya, Tar-juh, or even Tar-jah. It would depend on the person's accent and where they're from. I know my Puerto Rican family would probably say Thar-yuh first and my Irish family would say Thar-juh. Meanwhile my friends and probably any young person would know Tharja's name is actually pronounced THOT-juh just by looking at her.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
OK but 2 of them are S+ tier husbandos and Oboro is a top notch waifu because she's all like "I have an eye for style and that's why I don't dress like a ****ing heaux, Cowmilla." Really, as long as they come with swimsuit options nobody will mind paying. Except Niles because I'm pretty sure that man has no idea what a swimsuit is. Or what underwear is, for that matter. He is a hobag but he is my hobag so it's OK. But is it Owain or Odin.
It's owain, son of lissa.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Literally me when I saw Ayra in the morning only to realize that meant she was summonable.

On the bright side, that means less units in my barracks since she's not guaranteed to take up 2-3 spots. On the not so bright side, that also means I have too many units in my barracks since I was planning on building Ayra. Well, I'll have to figure out something else since 5* Arden is only getting Swap and Spur Res 2 to Ward Armor because he already has Spur Def 1 to Drive Def 2. That's only 3 less units, though, for 2 Ardens.

Also, I can't even summon the TT banner because I only have 14 orbs, so I'd be 1 off from getting a full summon for 15 orbs. And then there's the whole I only have 20% bonus units because Deirdre, Sigurd, and Tailtiu never showed up.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Yeah it sucks but I’m mostly buying the DLC for the History Mode Maps. If they’re anything like the Adventure Maps then they’ll probably give me plenty to do

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yeah it sucks but I’m mostly buying the DLC for the History Mode Maps. If they’re anything like the Adventure Maps then they’ll probably give me plenty to do
They aren't quite as big, but they're similar

You get 25 stages or so per map

For what it's worth, the base game took me around 65 hours to S rank every history stage, clear story on hard+lunatic, and finish all the Anna pics (gold skulltulas), with some grinding here and there and a lot of replaying a certain arena map.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
The artwork for the new banner even looks like they made a last minute decision to make Arya a summonable unit.

:150:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
My last post indirectly reminded me that, aside from Lyn, Hinoka, and a few anti- and phys-mag swap traits on several characters, I never actually bothered with weapon customization on my way to 100% the game

lol

Some thoughts on weapon traits:
  • Swords with Reverse Weapon Triangle are probably better lance killers than the axe users. A pair up like Lyn+reverse Marx sounds really good tbh.
  • Phys-Mag swap is kind of bad. Lissa actually does less to pegasus riders when she's hitting them with her higher Magic stat, I'm pretty sure. There's a lot more enemies with gargantuan Res than Def in general. I'd still use it on Sakura, but, well.
  • Unique weapons should have two anti traits, a 5000 KO trait, and optionally Reverse Weapon Triangle/Phys-Mag Swap. Depending on the weapon, that leaves 1~4 slots for C1~6/normal string boosts or a 2000 KO trait. I would guess that most characters would want at least one of C5/C6 and normal string boosted.
  • Generic weapons get a -20% attack penalty for each anti trait, don't bother with them there.
  • Unique swords should have antiflier. Antiarmor's worth considering too, but a number of swords are already innately antidragon or antimonster, and armored enemies aren't that common.
  • Hinoka should have antiflier. I like antihorse for her other effect, but if you're frequently using her in pair up she can roll with whatever covers what the other character doesn't.
  • Camilla should have antihorse+antidragon, probably. Alternately, anti-whateveryouwannastomponwithdashC1.
  • Takumi maybe wants antiarmor, though with the rarity of armor enemies I'm leaning antidragon. Sakura wants antihorse, since she favors magic damage and mage knights suck.
  • Elise/Leon should have antihorse+antiflier, so they can cheese past pegasus riders and mage knights. This leaves Sakura and unmounted mages as the only high Resistance enemies they have to worry about.
  • 2000 KO locked traits: either HP, musou, or awakening recovery for every 300 kills. In theory, the awakening one is probably ridiculous, but you can get enough awakening from fighting 2~3 officers with weapon advantage anyway, so I'm not sure if it's worth a weapon slot. Can only use one.
  • 5000 KO locked traits: Increased damage when at full HP, critical HP, with weapon advantage, from musou, from criticals, or while paired up. The pair up one sounds ridiculous, but people seem to talk the critical one up instead, so I'm guessing pair up's boost is small. Can only use one.

Oop, that got kind of long with specifics on unique weapons.

TL;DR
6 total slots, effectively 7 if the weapon is innately anti-something (i.e. Sol Katti is antidragon)
2 slots to anti effects on unique weapons; skip if generic
1 slot to a 5000 KO trait (various damage boosts)
0~2 slots to Reverse Weapon Triangle or Phys-Mag Swap
Fill remaining 1~5 slots with Normal Attack+, C1~6+ (probably C5/C6 for most characters), or a 2000 KO trait (recover HP/musou/awakening after 300 kills; pick awakening)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm not sure what's happening, but I just got Amelia, 5* Mae, and another Amelia back to back to back on the PA banner??

all i wanted was Nohrian Aqua

edit: just got a +def -hp aqua! honestly so happy

edit 2: i just got a +atk -res sigurd with only 10 orbs? wtf is going on

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It's owain, son of lissa.
OK then. Alrighty. I guess Odin Dark would be too edgy to be a Hero in that realm or whatever, then. Or his abs would be too OP. idk

The artwork for the new banner even looks like they made a last minute decision to make Arya a summonable unit.

:150:
If you compare her art to Lachesis/the abomination they tried to hide behind 2 decent looking characters, then yes. I didn't expect a gross cash grab like this so soon. They don't even have to pull a stunt like this to get EZ$$$. I guess they wanted to see how much BS their fans would take before flipping their ****.

However, it is also still too soon to know if we won't get a free neutral one or not. But at this rate, who knows?

Last edited:
Top Bottom