• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
While everyone is salty about Ayra, I'm salty i haven't pulled another Camilla in weeks now (and the tempest trials salt).

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
So ur not mad that quality woman hasn't entered ur life, but ARE mad you've manage to avoid a thot for weeks?

:150:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So ur not mad that quality woman hasn't entered ur life, but ARE mad you've manage to avoid a thot for weeks?

Excuse me gorl, but I'm on a quest to make Thottimus Maximus

Screenshot_20171019-231338.png

EDIT: The base Camilla is actually my first 5* given to me by Lil Puddin Lil Puddin when ha was rerolling for fun but she's -RES and while I'd love to get the most out of Est Ploy 3, the base Camilla has a bit too much sentimental value

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
All Camillas are the same THOT tho. So you can merge them with no problemo, u sillee gorlo.

Though 30/30 is pretty nice for defenses tbh.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm not sure what's happening, but I just got Amelia, 5* Mae, and another Amelia back to back to back on the PA banner??

all i wanted was Nohrian Aqua

edit: just got a +def -hp aqua! honestly so happy

edit 2: i just got a +atk -res sigurd with only 10 orbs? wtf is going on
The magic of stupid luck is spreading to every gorl
Speaking of, mine won't go away
"I wonder what A skill I should give to Tailtiu. L&D would be the obvious choice, but I'd rather use Swift Sparrow if I had the fodder fo-"
DID SOMEONE SAY SWIFT SPARROW? HAVE ANOTHER BRAVE LYN
"...she's gonna have great IV's isn't she"
+Spd -Res
Me:
nxyW9IOqN9k4de-6aulbsHlHiObeHuzxLr2WAgVkhgY.png
Side note: I haven't bought any orbs since the PA banner started, this is all from free orbs.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
k, did some testing with a few of the 5000 KO traits

Critical+ is pretty ridiculous in terms of how much it boosts damage, with Lyn taking ~70% off something that used to take 3 crits to kill. Then I tried the Pair Up damage boost and...got similar results. It's a pretty heavy boost, and it boosts *everything* instead of just crits, so I think it's just straight-up preferable. I'll have to check later to see if it stacks with Solidarity's damage boost (edit: it does, and Solidarity is amazing I'm putting this on every flier now)

I also tried strengthened pair up and weapon advantage traits on Tiki. The weapon advantage trait's either minor or requires real weapon advantage, because I couldn't tell if it actually had any effect on her awakened damage. Pair Up naturally turned her into even more of a destroyer of worlds. Unrelatedly, also learned she's invincible during her human C6; invincible moves are fairly rare in this game (bananas/pegasus/Corrin/Lyn C6, full charge Corrin C1 but please don't use that), so I wasn't expecting them to give her one.

also finally found accurate info on amiibo weapons, they're trash. Don't bother, unless you want amiibo Chrom for his yaoi hands

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
also finally found accurate info on amiibo weapons, they're trash. Don't bother, unless you want amiibo Chrom for his yaoi hands

...Those are true yaoi hands. That's all I can say. Because wtf, it looks so awkward.

Also share the amiibo weapon info pls, I might still use them as early-game options.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also share the amiibo weapon info pls, I might still use them as early-game options.
Imitation Chrom Sword (Chrom only)
40 attack
Weapon-specific skill: Hasty Attacks (equal to Astra, doesn't stack with it)

Tiki's Tear (Tiki only)
75 attack
Weapon-specific skill: All stats+ (+50 HP, +5 everything else except Move)

The attack values are pretty bad; I think Chrom's is outclassed by Iron and Tiki's is outclassed by Steel, and I'm pretty sure you have Steel weapons if not Silver by the time you even recruit Tiki. Hasty Attacks is a big deal though, so I could see Chrom's being fun even with bad stats until you can actually teach him Astra.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

So Day 4 of Jungle Inferno is out, but it got delayed which is understandable. Since they need to stresstest all the issues and bugs to properly fix it. Also, some people are disappointed that Matchmaking/Comp hasn't been fixed yet.

Hopefully they'll bring us some big stuff when the update comes out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this.

Obvious one being Pyro who now has gotten all of these new weapons which very strong and good.

Pyro can now 2HKO a Scout with The Dragon's Fury. It first does 25 Damage, but if you hit an ignited player, its damage is increased by 300%. Plus, with it being a ranged weapon; it gives Pyro some breathing area so they can now keep their distance.

Righteous Bison has returned! As in it now penetrates through all enemies (Dunno why they listed that as a bug when thats what it initially intended to do when it first came out. :V)

And the biggest one of all... ALL BOTTLES, NEON ANNIHILATOR AND LUNCH BOX FOODS NOW GO TO THEIR OTHER VIEWMODELS! :yeahboi:

Overall, while I was excited to see us get the update come out today, I am happy with them delaying it. That way if there's any issues or bugs found, they can be fixed out pronto, and any undiscovered ones will be far easier to deal with once Delfy finds all of those glitches and exploits. :V

Btw Cress! Cress! , what are your thoughts on the DLC characters for FE Warriors and the Japanese Voice Pack? For those who don't know, 9 characters and several costumes have been announced.

Fates will have Azura, Niles and Oboro. Shadow Dragon has Navarre, Linde and Minerva. Awakening has Tharja, Owain and Olivia. Some are concerned about this, since Owain, Navarre and Niles are just clones of some other characters. Also, I can easily see Tharja having a Rhajat costume in this.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Some are concerned about this, since Oboro, Owain, Navarre and Niles are just clones of some other characters.
Oboro isn't a clone. The other three lance users are all pegasus riders.

Making clone characters that are already NPCs paid DLC is kinda scummy, but the way they're handling it by bundling them in with actually new characters + maps makes it somewhat forgivable.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Oboro isn't a clone. The other three lance users are all pegasus riders.

Making clone characters that are already NPCs paid DLC is kinda scummy, but the way they're handling it by bundling them in with actually new characters + maps makes it somewhat forgivable.
True. Lemme just amend that now. I am curious on how Azura, Olivia and Tharja will play. Though I have a hunch that Tharja will be a clone of Robin.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
bad news: i severely damaged my toe and can't walk.
good news I pulled a Tailtiu
bad news: she's -atk/+def

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Though I have a hunch that Tharja will be a clone of Robin.
Probably. Linde will also probably be a Robin clone and it wouldn't surprise me if Minerva was a clone of Camilla.

If Azura ends up being a clone of Oboro, i'm going to walk up to Koei Tecmo headquarters and give them 10 minutes worth of Muda Muda, then i'm going to go to Intelligent System headquarters and drop a ROADA ROLLA DA road roller on them.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
At least the clones are accurate to the source material. There’s little to differentiate units in FE besides looks and stats. I do wonder if they’ll think of a different bow moveset eventually but who knows

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Chie, Noel, and Waldstien were announced

Also bbtag HUD was shown.
IMG_20171020_104850.jpg
Lol I thought the blue bar represented super meter.

Seems really pad friendly.
5c being a universal overhead is going to be weird at first and I guess thats the combination attack that was in the trailers.

I wonder if that 2 button reversal thing is going to be the only way to perform a dp. I saw a ragna movelist and I was pretty sure all his inputs were quarter circle.

Throws and counter assaults are like BB.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Sometimes I feel like when some people say "THOT" it really just means "Your hotness makes me feel insecure, so you must be a heaux". But the reason they think they must be heauxes is cause if the person complaining was that hot, they'd be a heaux.

We got news on the Warriors DLC!

Minerva, Linde and Azura will come in, alongside the obvious npc characters who you'll see in the storymode, but aren't playable yet.
S N A C K T I M E!

Okay, so that means by the end of March, we'll have 32 characters.

A lot of those characters are clones, but hopefully the 13 new weapons in the end will be special and actually differentiate some of them? As opposed to Lucina getting like 5 new swords.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I would guess that "new weapons" means unique weapons for characters that don't have them.

In the base game, that would be Cordelia, Caeda, Lissa, Frederick, Anna, Robin, and Tiki.

...13 new weapons wouldn't cover everyone though, so I dunno.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So there’s a wedding dress costume for Mario in Mario Odyssey
I don’t even know what to say
It's so Mario can finally be the true waifu that he was meant to be.

...Those are true yaoi hands. That's all I can say. Because wtf, it looks so awkward.
Why are his hands so big? wtf tho. Also big hands are called BARA hands, you plebs. Because yaoi hands would be delicate little tiny hands the size of a 5 year old's hands. Which is super weird, but bara hands are also weird because they are still anatomically incorrect. Also kind of scary/awful because how are they supposed to crochet, use keyboards, hold smart phones, or cuddle precious little bunnies? It's a serious P R O B L E M and they need H E L P so they can do normal people things asap.

Someone pls help these poor souls and their bara everything ok thanks:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I would guess that "new weapons" means unique weapons for characters that don't have them.

In the base game, that would be Cordelia, Caeda, Lissa, Frederick, Anna, Robin, and Tiki.

...13 new weapons wouldn't cover everyone though, so I dunno.
I meant more for the clones. Like, Caeda can have her Wing Spear, Hinoka can have her Bolt Naginata, but changing weapon names don't actually mean anything if they still play exactly the same.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Just picked up FE Warriors and I did the ceremonial Switch Cartridge Licking and it's a solid A tier in taste. It isn't on the level of MK8D but it still tastes pretty good.
Btw Cress! Cress! , what are your thoughts on the DLC characters for FE Warriors and the Japanese Voice Pack?
Not a weeb so idc about the voice pack
The DLC is about what I expected. Every pack will most likely have 1 new moveset at least. For pack 1, we know already Oboro and Azura will be new (but they may be clones of each other), for pack 2 I feel like Linde will be the new character, and Olivia will be new for pack 3.

But tbh I just want Tharja to be a clone of someone so that I don't have to deal with saying her name correctly in the guide.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
tbh idk what to think of "The Last Few Days Summarized With Googly Eyes" but at least it is accurate:

I refuse to call them such things. Bara is bigger and better. It's even in BARA's acronym~
Big (Bigger)
And
Really
Amazing

I am a tenured professor employed at the most prestigious university in all the world. My degree is in Bara Sciences. So I am 100% right whenever it comes to gay things. Yep. That's how it works. Especially on the Internet. I am not serious omg. Ironically, most yaoi works seem to feature bigger hands while bara works seem to include mostly anatomically correct males which is SUPER weird since bara is often all about bigger/manlier everything. I guess it's because yaoi is more about an anime-ish look with bigger eyes/etc. and instead of more masculine bodies the "manlier" guy will usually have bigger hands because big hands = manly or some ****? wtf tho that's why yaoi is lame get that garbage out of here and upgrade to the true good gay stuff like Bara or maining Zelda. I'm 100% never wrong so don't even try to argue with an expert/well-known professor such as myself.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Gah can’t play FEW until tomorrow night. I’m sooo excited though. Robin and Male Corrin will probably be my favs :D

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Hey all, how's it going? For those of us in college/university, it's about half-way through the semester - and for those who are still in secondary, it's probably around the end of first quarter. How is the new school year going for everyone at this point? Been busy?

This week I got accepted to do my School Counseling internships at my old middle school! Next semester I have to a 100-hour pre-internship in a school under the supervision of a school counselor, and next year (Fall 2018 - Spring 2019) I have to do a full-time / 600 hour internship to get licensed. I'm really excited at the idea of interning at my old school, and if things go well I'll stay there for 600 hour internship next year too!

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I've already started the college application I've only applied to Memphis, and got accepted. I have more ambitious schools on my list too, but I have more ambitious schools on there.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
My 3DS copy of FEW came in the mail today, but it's also the last weekend to use the FEW maps in FEH...

This week I got accepted to do my School Counseling internships at my old middle school! Next semester I have to a 100-hour pre-internship in a school under the supervision of a school counselor, and next year (Fall 2018 - Spring 2019) I have to do a full-time / 600 hour internship to get licensed. I'm really excited at the idea of interning at my old school, and if things go well I'll stay there for 600 hour internship next year too!
I'm TAing this quarter (Physics III for engineers, basically) as part of my stipend requirements. It's fun, and because attendance isn't required in recitation the only people who show up actually want to be there and they all ask questions. I missed out on writing some grants though because of scheduling problems with the department which was annoying; I went from being responsible for only 1 section Week 1to teaching 2 sections during Week 1 to teaching 4 sections during Week 2, to 3 recitations a week onward. But I've had some of the kids tell me that my sections are like the only good part of this class, so that's nice.

I've already started the college application I've only applied to Memphis, and got accepted. I have more ambitious schools on my list too, but I have more ambitious schools on there.

Are you looking at anything further away from home, like up North or West Coast?

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
My 3DS copy of FEW came in the mail today, but it's also the last weekend to use the FEW maps in FEH...

I'm TAing this quarter (Physics III for engineers, basically) as part of my stipend requirements. It's fun, and because attendance isn't required in recitation the only people who show up actually want to be there and they all ask questions. I missed out on writing some grants though because of scheduling problems with the department which was annoying; I went from being responsible for only 1 section Week 1to teaching 2 sections during Week 1 to teaching 4 sections during Week 2, to 3 recitations a week onward. But I've had some of the kids tell me that my sections are like the only good part of this class, so that's nice.

Are you looking at anything further away from home, like up North or West Coast?
My list of OOS schools are like:
Wash @STL
Emory
Tulane
Rice
Northwestern
CMU
Michigan
NYU
UC Berkley

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697

Congrats!

In my Career Counseling class this semester, I've been learning about the different areas of the world of work: People, Ideas, Things, Data.

Since you're looking at engineering, and Buddhahobo Buddhahobo is pursuing his doctorate degree in that as well (if I remember correctly), I'm wondering where most of the Zelda Social's interests lie...

Anyone else interested in people-oriented careers? Like, teaching, nursing, social work, counseling, hospitality, etc.? If not, what are you gorls all interested in?

You must be busy! But it's nice to hear that you enjoy teaching the class - and even better that the students enjoy having you!

My boyfriend TAs an undergrad Stats class for the Psychology department twice a week (also as part of his stipend), and he's struggling to balance the work/class load. It can be a lot!

Is teaching at the university level something you'd be interested in doing in the future after you've finished your Ph.D?

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
My boyfriend TAs an undergrad Stats class for the Psychology department twice a week (also as part of his stipend), and he's struggling to balance the work/class load. It can be a lot!
It definitely can, yeah. I'm probably in a better position than your boyfriend though cause I've already finished 90% or so of my classwork requirements; I'm basically in the lab tinkering / researching 9-to-5 otherwise, but even then I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off sometimes. Weekends have never been so blissful.

Is teaching at the university level something you'd be interested in doing in the future after you've finished your Ph.D?
I wrote more than I expected, so into the existential-dread filled spoilers it goes!

Well...something my old professor's ingrained in us back in undergrad was the obligation scientists have to the greater community. I think I do this myself by helping out with various science outreach programs when I have/had the time, and I've gotten the chance to mentor undergrads in our lab in previous years as part of special programs. Both types have been personally fulfilling experiences, but a big component of both of those examples are I'm basically dealing with a self-selecting group; the only people I'm teaching are the people who want to learn, else they wouldn't be there.

Teaching at the university level, uuuhhh, that's...something a bit different. You have the publish or perish stuff going on in the background, spending all your days writing grants and trying not to take it personally when they don't think you're worth financing, being assigned intro classes of people only there because it's mandatory, the ratio might be so huge you never get to make a connection with a student and make sure they get to that "A-Hah!" moment, never knowing if all the blank stares is because they think you're saying the obvious or because you lost them with the material three weeks ago, etc. Like, I understand why a lot of people stick to academia, but tbh I can't help but find it intimidating even now. I don't like feeling like I'm wasting people's time (theirs and mine), or dealing with office politics and things like that. I just like doing science, learning stuff, and helping people help themselves.

And that's not even getting into how I only have partial funding to cover me for the next two years and that might run out before I or my PI can supplement it...

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Out of curiosity, is the new active threads bit on the front page glitching for anyone? For some reason it just seemed to think I blocked Chainz, then changed it's mind.

https://imgur.com/a/YfaqN
The secret is out of the kpop now, gorlo. Chainz-Gorl confirmed to actually be another Fuujin-Alt.

So :150: was meant to be a placeholder for
Fuujin Tho.png
the entire time.

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
It definitely can, yeah. I'm probably in a better position than your boyfriend though cause I've already finished 90% or so of my classwork requirements; I'm basically in the lab tinkering / researching 9-to-5 otherwise, but even then I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off sometimes. Weekends have never been so blissful.
What's your research on?

My boyfriend is doing some research right now about supporting ELL (English language learners) students in school.

I don't really do much research in my own program, because I'm not pursuing a doctorate. I really like reading about research other people have conducted, but I'm not very interested in doing it myself.

I wrote more than I expected, so into the existential-dread filled spoilers it goes!

Well...something my old professor's ingrained in us back in undergrad was the obligation scientists have to the greater community. I think I do this myself by helping out with various science outreach programs when I have/had the time, and I've gotten the chance to mentor undergrads in our lab in previous years as part of special programs. Both types have been personally fulfilling experiences, but a big component of both of those examples are I'm basically dealing with a self-selecting group; the only people I'm teaching are the people who want to learn, else they wouldn't be there.

Teaching at the university level, uuuhhh, that's...something a bit different. You have the publish or perish stuff going on in the background, spending all your days writing grants and trying not to take it personally when they don't think you're worth financing, being assigned intro classes of people only there because it's mandatory, the ratio might be so huge you never get to make a connection with a student and make sure they get to that "A-Hah!" moment, never knowing if all the blank stares is because they think you're saying the obvious or because you lost them with the material three weeks ago, etc. Like, I understand why a lot of people stick to academia, but tbh I can't help but find it intimidating even now. I don't like feeling like I'm wasting people's time (theirs and mine), or dealing with office politics and things like that. I just like doing science, learning stuff, and helping people help themselves.

And that's not even getting into how I only have partial funding to cover me for the next two years and that might run out before I or my PI can supplement it...
I get it.

I'm not very interested in teaching at the university level either - one of the reasons I'm not into pursuing an Ed.D or Ph.D in School Counseling. I'd much rather work on the ground in schools directly helping students than research or teach future counselors, so there's not much point in going beyond an Ed.S (Education Specialist) for me.

What is it you hope to do once you've obtained your Ph.D?

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Congrats!

In my Career Counseling class this semester, I've been learning about the different areas of the world of work: People, Ideas, Things, Data.

Since you're looking at engineering, and Buddhahobo Buddhahobo is pursuing his doctorate degree in that as well (if I remember correctly), I'm wondering where most of the Zelda Social's interests lie...

Anyone else interested in people-oriented careers? Like, teaching, nursing, social work, counseling, hospitality, etc.? If not, what are you gorls all interested in?

You must be busy! But it's nice to hear that you enjoy teaching the class - and even better that the students enjoy having you!

I'm interested in rocking the whole world with my shoegaze band.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Day 1 thoughts on Warriors:
  • Pair up is really fun and really broken and I love it.
  • Robin plays a LOT better than he looked, I can see how Lavani was debating over putting him above or below Leolise now.
  • I should probably use my Master Seals on someone but I'm stockpiling them because I'm worried I'll promote the wrong person or something even though that's impossible to do anyways.
  • Yay the taunt button is back.
  • The maps themselves feel pretty bland, but some of the later ones looked interesting.
  • I think I'll enjoy History Mode more than Adventure Mode since I don't have to deal with the item card junk.
  • Favorite character so far is Robin which I wasn't expecting. Second favorite is Leolise and third favorite is the archers. Least favorite is probably Lissa, I hope her later combos redeem her. :/
  • I didn't know that you could change the commentator's voice! Chrom is a great commentator tbh.
  • Chrom is not a great commentator on the main menu since Nintendo thought it would be better to use their GO TAKE A BREAK messages but voiced out instead. I bought this game to play it, not to have Matt Mercer tell me how far away from my TV I should stand, how well lit the room should be, if I should take a break, and that it's 1 AM and I should stop playing video games. I AM AN ADULT THAT MAKES GOOD CHOICES AND I WILL CONTINUE PLAYING VIDEO GAMES AT 1 AM MATT MERCER :<
  • This
I'm excited to make videos on it and play more of it in general

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Chie, Noel, and Waldstien were announced

Also bbtag HUD was shown.
Lol I thought the blue bar represented super meter.

Seems really pad friendly.
5c being a universal overhead is going to be weird at first and I guess thats the combination attack that was in the trailers.

I wonder if that 2 button reversal thing is going to be the only way to perform a dp. I saw a ragna movelist and I was pretty sure all his inputs were quarter circle.

Throws and counter assaults are like BB.
Hmm... I do hope that the game will have some depth outside of just mash A or B to get some easy bake combos. Some friends of mine are concerned that the mechanics and gameplay will just be far too reliant on button mashing. I do hope we get some confirmation on how it'll play further on in development. And maybe get a story mode too on how all of these worlds came together?

But I am happy to see Waldestein make an appearance, though looking at footage; Hazama doesn't have a run, so he'll just be dashing after every single dash. :V (I am curious if Waldestein will just be stuck with walking like how Tager can not run or dash at all). I am still staying hopeful for Kokonoe to make it in, at least they can't mess up her Run, since she just rides a scooter.

Also, The Jungle Inferno Update is NOW LIVE! :yeahboi:

Can't wait to try out the new weapon unlocks and the maps. It's gonna be good~ <3

Oh, I saw GameXplain upload footage of XC2, Rex sounds like a furious Scot according to my sister.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Gameplay footage

Top Bottom