• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Yay for Warriors leaks :D
I’m excited for the game which sucks ass cause Japan gets it tomorrow?? And we have to wait another month smh
I hope the villains are at least free DLC like the HW villains, otherwise that’s kinda bleh. But at least all three packs are fairly cheap.

If she doesn't say "YOU'RE GOING TO NEED STITCHES!" then she isn't the waifu you're looking for, tbh.

Ye, it's just reds are the most densely populated so you might be waiting forever to pull that kind of Henry. But hey it's your husbando so you do you gorl. Either way, if you have him paired with a Buff Twin he should be doing fairly decent. If we ever get a crazy Close Counter Tome or Gem Tome, we can expect Henry, Robin(M), and Boey to become the Husbando Trio for magic users.

Thankfully Cancel Triangle is stuck on a 5* exclusive SILVER unit so nobody's really going to run it outside of some really weird niches.

I do really like Raven Tomes though. With Quick Riposte and TA you can do a lot. The main problem is getting Quick Riposte, let alone QR3. Pretty much anyone with Odin's DEF or higher can put in some serious work with that build. I am thinking of building a Boey like Henry, but Boey is a scrawny little tsundere boy so BOOOOO. Henry is a delightful husbando that also happily helps me kill people so YAAAAAY.

I'm confused though... Henry has 157 BST but Boey has 159? y do u do dis FEH? stop dis rite now pls
Don’t forget, Mathilda introduced Cancel Affinity, and is available at 4 Stars (though she needs to be 5 Stars for the full set). So it’s not THAT uncommon
But I’ve still never seen it so w/e

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
O ye, I forgot about Mathilda. But CA3 is only available when she's 5* so that's kind of a waste of resources. I don't think people will really waste a B Slot of all things for CA3 or CA2. Between Breakers, Teleports, or Turn Rearrangement... It's the weakest link. I'm sure some whale will make a CA3 niche character, tho. Or someone who's super bored.

Speaking of bored, I was super bored and went through my barracks to double check all my IVs of potential units I would like to eventually have fully skilled/made up. I somehow summoned a +SPD/-DEF Summer Elise. Like. I have died. Pls call an ambulance. So I'll train her up first and then ez grind for Green Tome SP to get Boey to Henry status. Turns out he is +ATK/-HP, but unlike Henry, Boey can kinda make use of his ATK stat ever so slightly. Should I give her a Blade Tome+ or is Blade Tome enough? I have usually been tenacious enough to go for +++ of every weapon and my luck is stupid so I'd usually get the 5* for it anyway usually with insultingly bad IVs because irony is fun so... IDK.

As for the next banner I hope it has garbage units so I can save the 33 orbs I have atm for the next-next banner. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a double Halloween Banner like they did with Summer. Or it might be Halloween Theme first, then Fall Theme next (meaning "cute Halloween" costumes such as pumpkins, leaves, and the like).

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Falchion mains gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Had a rough run through Ranked on Splatoon 2 yesterday. But I did manage to reach A-, and managed to maintain my rank. Once I reach S+, that's when I'll stop. :V

I also got to try out League with some people, it was chaotic. After only playing about 5 - 6 games in League, I think I'll pass on that. (I am getting closer to unlocking all the weapons too. And same goes with the Hero Replicas.)

hey how about another warriors post

turns out there's a wiki at http://wiki2.h1g.jp/femusou/index.php that already has a pretty good amount of info on it

As far as ally characters not shown in trailers go, it looks like there's Zero, Owain, Oboro, and Navarre in total...but the unlock requirements for all of them are listed as "DLC?" Given how long the game's actually been out (still prerelease for another 12 hours in japan lol), I'd like to think they're unlocked via History Mode and the wiki writer(s) simply haven't gotten that far, otherwise I guess they're NPC only for now.

Also images for the people too lazy to/incapable of navigating the wiki:

Gharnef from Shadow Dragon, Macbeth/Iago from Fates, and we already knew about Validar. They likewise all have the "DLC?" unlock note, which I kind of expected in their case since Cia/Volga/Wizzro were DLC for Wii U HW iirc.

Edit: Every single listed unlock requirement is for story mode, and they don't have unlocks listed for M!Corrin, F!Robin, or Celica either, so I'm hoping my History theory is correct.

Edit2: Lyn and Celica unlock from their respective History stages, so it's confirmed that characters unlock from those. I think that makes the remaining ones the likely source of the rest of the non-villains.
I'm still waiting to see if Tharja will get added along with some other characters. :V (Seriously, giving her a Rhajat costume would just fit perfectly.)

Also, anyone here gonna get Pokken DX?

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay so I guess DRV3 is just great every chapter since 2 ended spectacularly as well (I mean, spectacular ignoring the brutal deaths).
The killer this time was a bit expected however; they were pretty suspicious from the start.
But the game kept guilt-tripping me into thinking Kaito was the killer but I let out a HUGE sigh of relief when he wasn't. He's the husbando of the game and he at least needs to make it to chapter 4 for me to be okay.
The executions this time around are basically all grandiose torture chambers. Blood is flung everywhere. That's something I noticed about DR2's executions while playing it, they were all tamer than 1's. The chapter 2 execution was the only one in DR2 to show any blood (besides the small drip on _______'s forehead from chapter 4).
Also lol @ the end of the trial. I was wondering when this game's resident serial killer would show up and right when I was thinking about it HI WE HAVE A MASTER KILLER IN THE GROUP OK BYE. So now that that's done, we just now need a chapter with 2 victims (most likely chapter 3), and the mastermind to be Junko again somehow and we have an official DR game!
Also the game now has a blatant Splatoon reference.
line_1506490608384.jpg

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Okay so I guess DRV3 is just great every chapter since 2 ended spectacularly as well (I mean, spectacular ignoring the brutal deaths).
The killer this time was a bit expected however; they were pretty suspicious from the start.
But the game kept guilt-tripping me into thinking Kaito was the killer but I let out a HUGE sigh of relief when he wasn't. He's the husbando of the game and he at least needs to make it to chapter 4 for me to be okay.
The executions this time around are basically all grandiose torture chambers. Blood is flung everywhere. That's something I noticed about DR2's executions while playing it, they were all tamer than 1's. The chapter 2 execution was the only one in DR2 to show any blood (besides the small drip on _______'s forehead from chapter 4).
Also lol @ the end of the trial. I was wondering when this game's resident serial killer would show up and right when I was thinking about it HI WE HAVE A MASTER KILLER IN THE GROUP OK BYE. So now that that's done, we just now need a chapter with 2 victims (most likely chapter 3), and the mastermind to be Junko again somehow and we have an official DR game!
Also the game now has a blatant Splatoon reference.
I saw on Twitter that DRV3 also has a Xenoblade X reference, which makes me happy

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Charles Haughey looks like a muppet character, it's hilarious but also really unsettling
Also Dog Island on Game Grumps, the legendary play through that only appears every 1000 years has returned.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Going by the resist passives available in Warriors, all the weapon types are
Sword
Lance
Axe
Bow
Tome
Dragonstone
and...

Suddenly Laguz or Panne DLC doesn't sound so outlandish.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Going by the resist passives available in Warriors, all the weapon types are
Sword
Lance
Axe
Bow
Tome
Dragonstone
and...

Suddenly Laguz or Panne DLC doesn't sound so outlandish.
no dagger/kunai

TRIGGERED

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Tsundere Boi Boey grows up to become pale husbando tsundere Ya Boi Guzma confirmed.
Ya Boi Boey.jpg

no dagger/kunai

TRIGGERED
Maybe the characters will still exist but use other kind of weapons with daggers as their flair? Like swords or tomes or maybe even bows... One can only hope. cricricri

Also they might add them later! Er, despite the Laguz one being there. PLS INCLUDE HANDSOMEST LAGUZ MUARIM OK THNX. Or cutie pie kitty Ranulf.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Charles Haughey looks like a muppet character, it's hilarious but also really unsettling
Also Dog Island on Game Grumps, the legendary play through that only appears every 1000 years has returned.
I can't get into it this time around, I don't know why because I loved the first run.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Fortunately, my red magic gives me a third option: discourage posts with no real contribution by infracting them.
With that, we hopefully won't be doing many more of them and improve the overall quality of the conversation.

:196:
dios mio, what a sassilicous response :secretkpop:

:150:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I finally got to 30k and I now have the Black Knight. Definitely going to train him up on Friday, but I don't know who'd I swap him out with for my TT team. Elincia's the x1.4 bonus hero, so she's staying, Odin is the Black Knight counter and only ranged unit, Titania covers blues and is the other bonus hero with boosted stats, and Ninian is the dancer... I guess I could swap out Ninian for the Black Knight, but some of the maps are just annoying without her giving a unit another turn to get to units who don't move or are in weird places.

Also, I'm debating if I want to do a third summon on the Dauntless Crimeans. I want Nephenee and Oscar would be nice, but there are no guarantees which also applies to the autumn banner that'll probably have its trailer up tonight. If it's really Azura or someone dressed up as in Azura's Nohrian dress and they're a green or even grey dancer, then I would rather try to get them just to have a different dancer. Azura would be nice too. There's also the other two unknown units who could be a red cavalry mage, flying mage, or even flying archer. I think I'm just annoyed that I got two focus units and it was two Elincias like I could have had Elincia and Nephenee or Oscar. Oh well.

Anyway, Lorde Lorde , +Res Henry seems pretty good and someone came up with this build for him which might not be that practical: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/72eyd3/just_henry_it/dni30yc/.

Henry is probably one of the bulkiest mages out there with his only issue being speed, but there are always ways to deal with it. 45 HP, 32 defense, and 25 resistance is pretty good at the cost of only having 23 attack and 22 speed. 77 total physical or 70 total magical and 55x2 and 48x2 to kill him. He's also one of those units who can get a +4 stat increase if he's +Res which would up him at 45 HP, 32 defense, and 29 resistance meaning his magical bulk becomes 74 total and 52x2.

I don't know, but I feel like Henry could make good use of +Res as well as he can make use of +Atk and +Def. The only thing is that Sophia has 29 neutral resistance, but much lower HP and lower neutral defense. By default, it would take 68 total physical or 69 total magical and 48x2 physical or 49x2 magical to kill her. She would also not be as good of a Panic Ploy user as him. With T-Adept and a -raven tome, they would be difficult to kill by greens and greys with their default defenses.

Now that I think about it, I think +Atk would be something you'd want on Henry if you want to stick with his -raven tome and give him T-Adept. Henry's attack is low enough that even with WTA, he can still struggle to do damage. +Def would be something you'd want if you him to be as tough of a physical wall as possible while +Res would be something you'd want to make him be an all-around tank. I don't know, just thinking about stuff.

Speaking of thinking about stuff, Merric could probably pull off an Odin build, but there would be several reasons against doing it like Merric's Excalibur would go to waste, he would need to inherit Gronnblade+ and that's found on one of the best users of -blade tomes, and you'd have to figure out something to bane since most of them are pretty bad for Merric; -Atk sucks, -Def drops him by 4 resistance instead of 3, and -Res means he'd be even weaker to mages and dragons.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
This is true beauty. Especially that ending scene.

Also Bride Lucy looks even more ridiculous in the actual game itself, geT this ouT already

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
-snip-
This is true beauty. Especially that ending scene.

Also Bride Lucy looks even more ridiculous in the actual game itself, geT this ouT already
OMG. Anna. More Anna's! And even more Anna's! I. Need. This.

Also, ew, bride Lucina looks weird. Why couldn't it have been bride Eirika or something. Tease us with other stuff, developers.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
INIGO
AND HE'S A DANCER
AND A GREEN MAGE
HE'S EXACTLY WHAT I NEED AND HE'S A HUSBANDO SO BONUS POINTS

Oh and some other fools too I guess

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Me: Look game, I only have 17 orbs and one day left to get Elincia. Now please PLEASE give her to me today.

IS: OK sure

Me: HOW COULD YOU? - What W H U T

IS: Yeah no prob. She'll be +Spe -Res. Pretty nice nature You think? Wait are you . . . ?

Me: *tears in eyes* No it's ok I'm just . . . so happy

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Hello everynyan! How are you? Fine, thank you. :4zelda:

Just found out a few days ago that Monster Hunter Stories' next batch of DLC came out. Which is Zelda themed, you can get Link's Tunic, Master Sword and Hylian Shield and even get Epona as a monster. Thankfully unlike Pokemon, these do not have a limited time to get them. You can get them anytime you want, but you can only have 1 Epona. I wonder how good she'll be stats wise...

Also, I never knew that Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast had a boat load of DLC. Found a random video in my recommendations that talks about all of this Downloadable Content that was made for SA1. Such as a Dreamcast launch which covers Station Square with Balloons and the Dreamcast logo and touching the balloons and signs give out messages such as "From all of Sonic Team. Thank you very much!" It's really interesting.

I like on how silly Anna is in that trailer. Will she be available as DLC? Or do I have to go out my way to get the 3DS version just to get her playable in the Switch version? :V

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
INIGO
AND HE'S A DANCER
AND A GREEN MAGE

A singer with a legendary weapon that is an axe and a green mage dancer. Greens got a massive boost even if they're only seasonal units which I kind of wished they weren't. Refresh units are powerful units, but I wished that there was another regular dancer who was 4* to 5* summonable just because. Olivia is the only 3* and 4* summonable refresh unit and she's also free.

Speaking of Olivia, even though the game is going to have a dancer with a legendary and two mage dancers, I want her the most. I just like her. And I just realized that because the regular dancers have reduced BST, all the ranged dancers might end up with cavalry mage BST or worse. Regular Olivia has 150 BST and Azura and Ninian have 149 BST. Incidentally, they all have 33 neutral speed. Anyway, that's about 8 to 11 stat points less that a normal unit. Ranged units have ~148 BST and cavalry ranged units have ~145 BST. 140 BST would be really hard to work with. PA Olivia having 36 HP and 33 speed like her regular self would leave her with 71 points left and evenly dividing it would only give her about 23 points for attack, defense, and resistance. She might not care about attacking, but Inigo and Shigure might, especially since they can use -blade tomes and with a stat spread like that, they would be Odin, but with less bulk.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
New dancers are cool, I guess

Was definitely not expecting a banner of 4 of them

I hoped that Shigure would have been a flying dancer because of his title of “Dark Sky Singer,” but rip

Aqua is going to be everywhere due to the stupid effect of her prf weapon

I feel like I’m obligated to pull all of them, even if I don’t particularly care for some of them, just because dancers are so valuable

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I adore that they made Inigo into a Dancer, looks like I'm summoning just green again.

I was really hoping for a Halloween Axe Lissa though =/

Maybe Nutcracker Balled Lissa for Christmas? She'd look good dressed like a toy solider with the bright colors and everything. Most of the ones I ever saw had either a heavy scepter or axe, so it could work.

Fits the theme too, maybe. Santa Robin, Reindeer Tharja, Nutcracker Lissa and...Snowman Chrom. That sounds about right. Or maybe Santa's Helper Nah?

I hoped that Shigure would have been a flying dancer because of his title of “Dark Sky Singer,” but rip
Yeah, with him as infantry that basically means fliers aren't getting a dancer.

It least Reina can show up at some point and give us an archer.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
INIGO
AND HE'S A DANCER
AND A GREEN MAGE
*waifu

Inigo is definitely the most waifu out of them, hands down, learn your facts gorl

I mean look at this
440E68A4-8773-40AE-92C2-087CB9ECFB90.png

N U T

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Apparently AC logic dictates that Banana trees cannot grow on grass, but can grow on the beach. Seems legit.
Also, I doubt any of you will care, but our school is doing a musical (more specifically, my year of 30+ students) called Sister Act. It's got a fairly bland premise, but the music isn't too bad.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yeah, with him as infantry that basically means fliers aren't getting a dancer.
Yeah, and Shigure would probably be another lance flier if they were to release his base version, which is lame

I guess we could technically hope for the Heron Laguz to be flying dancers, but the changes of any of them being added are slim to none

It least Reina can show up at some point and give us an archer.
tbh some of the english names of the fates characters still confuse me. i played a japanese translation of conquest and birthright, so i know the japanese names better, and a lot of them are really different. that's why i always refer to xander as marx, azura is aqua, and stuff like that. i guess reina is yuugiri's english name? i never actually used her in any of my playthroughs, so i just forgot about her.

but a golden kite warrior would be really cool to have, and i'd definitely whale a bit for one. i liked that class a lot in fates, so it'd be cool to have it in heroes. i also love how pretty the bird was and the little sun-shaped headdress thing that all of the gkws wore. but IS hates flier emblem, so we'll probably have to wait forever to get a golden kite warrior added to the game. gkws also have access to lances, so lets hope they don't become more lance fliers

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Uploaded my Tempest Trials video, getting Black Knight with a pure offense Goad Fliers team. Blarowl+ Summer Corrin is actually busted ngl
pls like comment subscribe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Uploaded my Tempest Trials video, getting Black Knight with a pure offense Goad Fliers team. Blarowl+ Summer Corrin is actually busted ngl
there's an option in settings for the danger zone to be displayed automatically so you don't have to press the button every time you start a map fyi

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
INIGO
AND HE'S A DANCER
AND A GREEN MAGE

Dancer Inigo is easily a top tier husbando because he has abs. Shigure is super emo looking but, like, he's voiced by Matt Mercer so my dream of having a Matt Mercer husbando team could actually become a reality. I hope they will give us a free neutral "limited" Hero like they did with CYL, but I doubt they will. cricri

These dancers are good, but we still need to see their stats. People are already crying POWER CREEP!!! without realizing:
1) Dance/Sing needs to be used for the power boost and the AI has no idea how to really use those in the first place
2) The +X stats after dancing ties up the B slot, so no teleporting Dancers/Singers
3) Azura is the only "OP" one but if her HP in the video is her at maximum power then she's EZ to take care of
4) They're limited so only only so many teams will have them anyway

Inigo and Azura share the green color so it seems the best thing to pick here is green anyway. Olivia is stuck in Silver Hell so of course they gave her +ATK boost for her Dance buff to make her more appealing. Though if she has stats similar to Bridelia, she would probably be a top tier Poison Dagger+ user to pull for. Either way, I'm going for Abs Dancer.

Also grats Y2Kay Y2Kay for pulling the best Elincia possible.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
tfw you're reading through Heroes junk and suddenly see this perfect post
Me: Im not interested in heros anymore, i have most things i want and -

IS: https://youtu.be/PU3e9LlGKvo

Me: like holy**** ive never seen such perfection in my life like dude are you seeing this like holy **** i feel like i gained 5 years from just looking at this LIKE LOOK AT IT LOOK IT HIM I WANT THIS IN LIFE I WANT EVERYTHING THIS HAS I FEEL LIKE THIS IS A GIFT FROM GOD LIKE HOLY **** THIS IS THE MOST GOLDEN PHOTO SET IVE SEEN IM DEAD IM GONE IM DYING IM ALIVE I FEEL EVERYTHING AND NOTHING AT THE SAME TIME THIS IS THE PUREST FORM OF ART AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE ANYTHING MORE WONDERFUL IN YOUR LIFE YOU DONT UNDERSSTAND HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME LIKE THIS IS THE WORLD THIS IS MY LIFE THIS IS MY EMOTIONS THIS IS MY SOUL THIS IS EVERYTHING GOOD IN THIS WORLD
I feel the same way

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
called Sister Act. It's got a fairly bland premise,
Shut your filthy mouth, Woopie Goldberg is a national treasure.

tbh some of the english names of the fates characters still confuse me. i played a japanese translation of conquest and birthright, so i know the japanese names better, and a lot of them are really different. that's why i always refer to xander as marx, azura is aqua, and stuff like that. i guess reina is yuugiri's english name? i never actually used her in any of my playthroughs, so i just forgot about her.
Yes, Reina would be Yuugiri.

TBH, a lot of the name changes in Fates didn't make much sense. Hoshido is obviously fantasy fairytale Japan, in the same way Nohr is obviously Mordor fantasy dystopian Europe. What's the point of changing Japanese names to other Japanese names? Like, some of them I can sort of see where they were coming from; Tsukuyomi is a mouthful, and while Hayato is still three-syllable, it has an intuitive pronunciation. But why change Flannel to Keaton? Or Marx to Xander?

The only explanation I can think of for Aqua to Azura was it go with Corrin's new name. Aqua is clearly Norian in origin, Kamui is clearly Hoshidan in origin. Azura and Corrin are a big more grey in that regard. Though Aqua works a lot better for Azura, like how Terra works a lot better for the main protagonist in Final Fantasy VI (as opposed to her Japanese name, Tina.)

Regardless, there's quite a few reasons why Nintendo gave localization duties for Echoes back to the 3rd party company that did the work for Awakening.

And yeah, flying around on a giant goose would be cool.

3) Azura is the only "OP" one but if her HP in the video is her at maximum power then she's EZ to take care of
And even then, what makes he the "OP" one is the stat boost when she dances. How many times do you dance a unit and +4 ATK/SPD on the second hit would make that much of a difference? If it does, great you've beaten the map. If it doesn't, then chances are you're dancing to safety and are going to beat the map next turn.

Some of the people bemoaning powercreep with her are treating it worse than B!Lyn.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
But why change Flannel to Keaton? Or Marx to Xander?
I will never forgive them for changing Flannel and Nishiki's names. Both Keaton and Kaden are gross names, and I can never remember which is which whenever they're mentioned, so I end up having to google them.

Don't forget how they removed all of the u's in Ryouma, Kagerou, and Saizou. Laslow's JP name is Lazward, which is hilarious. Also, I hate how they changed Zero's name to Niles. Zero is so much better imo
Regardless, there's quite a few reasons why Nintendo gave localization duties for Echoes back to the 3rd party company that did the work for Awakening.
*war flashbacks of belka and saizou's c support conversation and elfie's NA voice*
yeah, having another company do the localization is for the best

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Just in case it wasn't posted yet, new OW comic: https://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/zarya-searching

The Omnic from the comnic, Lynx Seventeen is a cutie patootie. LOOK AT THEIR CUTE LITTLE JUMPSUIT HOODIE THING AND THOSE LITTLE FLIPPY FLOPPY HEAD ANTENNAS OMG.

Also it's clear Lynx is actually a Zelda main. Refer to page 4 for Lynx's sassing credentials. It's really nice to see Zarya have a slightly excitable and adorable side to her (page 6 when talking with Alejandra), which makes the present looping emote seem less goofy now that I think about it. It'd be nice to have them in the game because more cute Omnics. Or at least have Zarya mention something about them.

"I wonder what that silly robot is up to... N-not that I care."
or probably more accurate to her personality
"I wonder what trouble that silly robot is up to."

Side note if it matters to y'all about gender~ Lynx is officially a them/they, or just Robot. Orisa is officially a Rogorl. Bastion and Zenny were featured in an all-male Arcade mode, so I guess those 2 Robros.

Shut your filthy mouth, Woopie Goldberg is a national treasure.
Buddhahobo is the true gorlo of wisdom here.

And even then, what makes he the "OP" one is the stat boost when she dances. How many times do you dance a unit and +4 ATK/SPD on the second hit would make that much of a difference? If it does, great you've beaten the map. If it doesn't, then chances are you're dancing to safety and are going to beat the map next turn.

Some of the people bemoaning powercreep with her are treating it worse than B!Lyn.
Exactly. The dancing husbando/waifu + singing husbando/waifu squad isn't even released yet. Not to mention it's clearly obvious they're not too OP to begin with. Dancers are all S+ tier by default for their utility alone, but people use dancers defensively and not offensively unless they absolutely curbstomp either way.

I am still annoyed this is a LIMITED banner. I get it. LIMITED means more money for IS/FEH. Yay. Nice. Great. But if they're not going to give the other gorls who are F2PP a neutral freebie limited character, then it gets annoying. Like, they can give that to us instead of a free pull for limited banners. People will still whale the absolute hell out of them for perfect IVs.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
walmart has a splatoon 2 switch bundle

i'm super tempted to buy it

is this a bad decision
Do you really, really want it? Or is there some other bundle or game you want to pick up with the Switch? Also, other money-related considerations. Black Friday and the holiday season will probably have Switch bundles and deals. Nobody knows if and when there will be a price drop, updated version, whatever, so there's that too.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

is this a bad decision
Not any worse than spending (technically) 1k on a F2P game. :^)

ALSO! New gorl stats are out.

So the ranged dancers have 140 BST. Which is awful. Azura has 149 and is basically just as good - if not better - than her original self. I will probably splurge on greens. I really want a good Barst and Sheena, the possibility of getting Amelia and Hector are nice too. Really the only bad picks are Fae (only a BIT bad) and Merric (baddy baddest).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not any worse than spending (technically) 1k on a F2P game. :^)

-snip-

So the ranged dancers have 140 BST. Which is awful. Azura has 149 and is basically just as good - if not better - than her original self. I will probably splurge on greens. I really want a good Barst and Sheena, the possibility of getting Amelia and Hector are nice too. Really the only bad picks are Fae (only a BIT bad) and Merric (baddy baddest).
Figured as much. I love how Shigure has the lowest HP out of them and Inigo is basically his mom -- he even has her Hone Attack --, but if she had less defense and resistance. Regular Olivia has 36HP, 28Atk, 33 Spd, 27 Def, and 26 Res while PA Inigo has 37 HP 28 Atk, 33 Spd, 22 Def, and 20 Res. That's -5 defense, -6 resistance, and +1 HP, so yeah, 10 less points that his melee mother. Compared to Laslow, though, much lower attack (-7), defense (-8), and health (-7), but much higher speed (+7) and the same resistance (-2). Also, like his regular self, he buffs speed in the form of Gale Dance.

This makes me wonder if Owain and Severa might end up being like their mothers rather than their Fates selves. I can't really see that happening with Owain since if he's like Lissa, then he'd have good defenses, but low attack and low speed which would basically make him Hawkeye as a sword infantry which is weird and not like Owain. He's probably going to end up like Lon'qu or the other speedy myrmidon units rather than like his mother which isn't that great considering there are so many sword infantry. With Severa, that means another 35/35 offenses unit which wouldn't be great if she were a sword infantry, but would be pretty awesome if she were a bow knight or a non-lance pegasus knight. Axe pegasus knight Severa, go!

With PA Olivia, she lost 11 defense and 2 HP while gaining 1 speed and 2 resistance. Of the two high resistance thieves in the game she probably can't do what Felicia does considering Felicia has 7 more resistance and 4 more speed for 5 less attack and Kagero trumps her as an offensive unit by having 7 more attack for 3 less HP and 2 less speed. PA Olivia probably shouldn't be attacking in the first place, but I could see either +Spd or +Res, -Def Olivia being okay at taking hits from mages. At the very least, she could be used to get Distant Def on Felicia if you can get more than one of her and you couldn't get more than one Celica.

Back to Shigure, I wonder what regular Shigure would have for his stats. He and Charlotte are the only characters to be introduced as seasonal units first before their regular selves and kind of Xander too with spring Xander. In Charlotte, Xander, and most of the other alternate units, they have similar stats to their regular selves. For one, Charlotte's probably just going to be bride Charlotte, but as an axe unit. There isn't any reason for her not to and spring Xander retained the high bulk of regular Xander for less attack while summer Xander is basically infantry Xander with more speed.

On Shigure himself, I just noticed that he's the only new refresh unit with the new Dance B-skills that branches off into a dual buff. PA Inigo and Olivia only buffs one stat while PA Azura doesn't have one. According to his gamepedia page, its starts with Torrent Dance 1 which gives +3 resistance and then goes into Geyser Dance 1 and 2 which buffs defense and resistance. Also, dude is the currently the slowest refresh unit as everyone else has +33 speed.

And then there's PA Azura who is literally Azura with a legendary axe. Regular Azura has 1 more defense and HP and 1 less attack and speed compared to PA Azura. 36 HP, 31 Atk, 33 Spd, 21 Def, and 28 Res versus 35 HP, 32 Atk, 34 Spd, 20 Def, 28 Res. So, kind of like CYL Lucina gaining more defense for less HP.

Yeah, I want Azura and Olivia. Inigo would be nice as well since he's also a green dancer, but I kind of don't want another green mage unless it's Julia since I don't have a higher than 29 resistance green mage. -Res Sonya, why... Basically, this will mean that I only get Shigure. :p

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Don't forget how they removed all of the u's in Ryouma, Kagerou, and Saizou.
Random thing, but there's a Ryoma in DRV3 as well. He has the U in his name in the Japanese version, but it was also removed in the English version. So maybe it's standard for localization to do that?
Speaking of DRV3, I'm on Chapter 5 now, so that means some kind of insane killing should happen soon.

is this a bad decision
It's not a bad decision, get it. Limited edition joycons that actually look good and a nice case (and yes, you will need a case for it), and that price is a deal considering it also comes with Splat 2. If you have the money, buy it.

Except for Azura, those stats look pretty bad, especially Shigure's. +Res Olivia could act like a pseudo-Felicia that also has dance and more attack, at the cost of less Res and Spd. Inigo... idk what to do with him but he has a nice Atk and Spd stat, so he should be able to work with something. Azura is good so do whatever with her, she'll still end out being fantastic probably. Shigure is definitely focused on offense, but there isn't much you can do with lots of Atk and kinda meh Spd. He reminds me of Mae a bit but both of her offense stats are better, plus her Res is decent so she can counter mages well, with no dancing as the tradeoff. Maybe give him an Owl tome?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Got a +spd -res Olivia with the 90 orbs I had saved up. I would have liked to get at least one more of the new units with that many orbs, but that’s okay since we have an entire month to keep summoning

I got her on the third colorless orb, so thankfully I didn’t have to dive too deep into colorless hell

I still want Shigure super badly tho

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Smh got nothin after 40 orbs
Not even a Bartre
There was even a summon of just green and blues and nothin smh

Last edited:
Top Bottom