• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
if someone is so insecure about his/her sexuality that he/she has to change the lyrics of a song to make it about the opposite gender, then that person should just stop existing

it's literally a song

it's okay if you're a male and the song is about a man

people are awful t b h
As a cover or just singing along in the car?

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
O UR THE COVETED UNSTOPPABLE FLYING MEAN GORL SQUAD? TOO BAD I'M THE MEANEST GORL. BYE HEAUX SQUAD.
BURN THE LAND AND BOIL THE SEA, YOU CAN'T TAKE THE SKY FROM ME!

It's an age old question. There's no clear answer to which is the better choice as much as it's really up to the singer's preference on a song-by-song basis. There are plenty of examples of both.

It's curious that it's mostly contemporary stuff it happens to, though. Like, no one ever changes the pronouns in "Danny Boy" or "It's Raining Men" for instance.

It does lead to some really interesting takes on songs though, such as Sarah Brightman, the original Christine in the Phantom of the Opera, singing "The Music of the Night", a song song by the phantom, as an example where the gender is changed but not the lyrics, and Aretha Franklin's famous R.E.S.P.E.C.T. as an example of how changing the pronouns can help completely change the meaning of a song compared to the original Otis Redding version.

It's something that you see in even with some singers singing the same song decades part, just a change in arrangment; look at Eric Clapton's 1970 "Layla" as a hot-blooded young man hopelessly in love with a woman he's forbidden to marry by her father vs his 1992 unplugged "Layla" where he's instead seems to sing it as the titular character's father.

if someone is so insecure about his/her sexuality that he/she has to change the lyrics of a song to make it about the opposite gender, then that person should just stop existing

it's literally a song

it's okay if you're a male and the song is about a man

people are awful t b h
That's a pretty shallow way of looking at it. A lot of singers really get into the song and how it ticks, what the perspective is. It's not just words or karaoke, it's a story with a narrator and intended recipient in the song. It's like arguing that a cover has to be exactly the same from lyrics to arrangement to some untouchable "original version", it's beyond stupid.

And fyi women singles also do it just as much because it a problem that pops up due to pronouns not because of it being a love song, soo...

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Speaking of covers that add a different perspective to the original song, my favorite is definitely mary lambert's cover of rick springfield's jessie's girl
The cover turns the upbeat and (mostly) lighthearted 80s classics about wanting another man's woman into a depressing piano ballad about a lesbian lusting over a straight woman with whom she'll never have a chance

mary lambert is really great and i love the album that this cover comes from (it's called Heart On My Sleeve). Ribcage is my favorite song from the album, and one of my favorite songs in general

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Hmmm...I'm conflicted. I have a really good, +Atk/-Res Hector. But I never really use him anymore. Back when I got my first Hector, in the first month of the game, he was INSANELY good to have. But now, 6 months later, he's just kinda been sitting there while I used my much more versatile -blade Cecilia. So I'm wondering if it's worth it to use him to give DC to someone else, who I would potentially get more use out of. At the moment, I'm thinking of CYL Ike, who would be perfect in pretty much every way with DC. But I don't wanna give up a rare unit like Hector up and then regret it later. I would summon on the voting Gauntlet banner, but that only lasts a week and all of my orbs are going to CYL until I get everyone, and maybe even more after that if it lasts long enough.

My main gripe with Hector is that he's an armor unit, an insanely good one but still a unit I'm just not a big fan of. Limited movement is awful. So maybe giving up my only Hector to CYL Ike, who has more movement, would make me happier

I'm not sure though. A +Atk/-Res seems like a very good asset to have and shouldn't be given up. Especially since he's one of my only 5 Green 5 Stars, 3 of which are Mages. But I haven't used him pretty much at all for a long time. I'm not gonna make any impulse decisions quite yet, but what do you gorls think I should do?

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Burgundy Burgundy , other than the knights who don't have Distant Counter and any of the mage counter units like Camilla, Lloyd, summer F!Robin, etc., not a lot of units use Distant Counter that well? The issue with the mage counter thing is that you could use a mage with high resistance instead or you could use someone to just nuke them before they do anything. If he's your only Hector, I'd keep him. He's Hector; he's kind of rare.

Off the top of my head now, if CYL Ike's stats are good, he could be a good user of Distant Counter because of Urvan's 80% damage reduction on follow-up attacks.

Speaking of CYL, Durandal looks hilariously big in Roy's hands than Eliwood which is funny since in Blazing Sword, Durandal was massive compared to Eliwood and his horse's sprites.

Edit: Apparently the CYL units stats were found and both Ike and Lyn have above-normal BST; Ike has 162 BST and Lyn has 149 BST.

CYL Ike has 43 HP, 36 Atk, 28 Spd, 35 Def, and 20 Res. Cool, he's a slower, but much more bulkier axe Ike. Kind of wished he had 37 base attack.

CYL Lucina has 41 HP, 34 Atk, 36 Spd, 27 Def, and 19 Res. Literally lance Lucina.

CYL Lyn really does have 35 HP, 33 Atk, 35 Spd, 18 Def, and 28 Res.

And CYL Roy has 38 HP, 32 Atk, 34 Spd, 26 Def, and 24 Res.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
In terms of artwork, Roy=Lucina>Ike>Lyn. Basically the opposite of how good they'll be. Maybe. Probably. Most likely.

Looking at those stats (and assuming that they are the official stats), Ike looks IV-proof. -Atk is the only thing that would hurt him but even that isn't too terrible. So I think I'm set on picking Lyn for free then summoning for him. Lucina has pretty nice defenses (excluding Res) considering those offensive stats. She's probably going to make Lancebreaker even more popular on other units. Roy looks p basic.
Also after looking it up, apparently the same artist drew all 3 versions of Lyn + Narcian for some reason. Narcian is just Husbando Lyn confirmed.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also after looking it up, apparently the same artist drew all 3 versions of Lyn + Narcian for some reason. Narcian is just Husbando Lyn confirmed.
Well, there is this...

:p

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I know but I never use the dude
Most likely I'll keep him but idk, bleh
Also Heroes updated, dataminers gimme those full CG sets
Edit: woooooo
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem..._datamine_choose_your_legends_august_28_2017/
All those new skills look cool
Hector is a great unit and is also manly so yeee. Anyway, Distant Counter is great but also gimmicky due to how PvP/PvE works.

In terms of artwork, Roy=Lucina>Ike>Lyn. Basically the opposite of how good they'll be. Maybe. Probably. Most likely.

Looking at those stats (and assuming that they are the official stats), Ike looks IV-proof. -Atk is the only thing that would hurt him but even that isn't too terrible. So I think I'm set on picking Lyn for free then summoning for him. Lucina has pretty nice defenses (excluding Res) considering those offensive stats. She's probably going to make Lancebreaker even more popular on other units. Roy looks p basic.
I agree. I'm gonna get Lyn too. Also, we all know Guy is Husbando Lyn. Whenever he gets added.

Nah. You're the one that is dumb.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So not only do Ike and Lyn have new B skills in the form of their Blessings, but they also have another new skill each. Plus they each have their weapon, a special, and their A B and C skills. They only need to inherit an assist for a full kit!
Lyn's other skill looks like it could combine with stuff like Smoke Dagger and Clarisse's Bow REALLY well. Also lol at her coming with Swift Sparrow.
Ike's other skill just further solidifies his role as a defensive monster. Remember these skills can be inherited, but the Blessings are stuck on them.
Edit: Someone also pointed out that the characters are listed as New Characters and not Special Characters, so they'll be permanent heroes added to the pool instead of being available for a limited time. That also means there's a chance that 2 of them (most likely Roy and Lucina) will drop down to 4 stars. Even more reason that you should only be choosing between Ike and Lyn as your freebie.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon Inferior Version mains. How's everyone doing? :4corrin:

So the news has come that Miiverse will be closing down in November. So best to get all of your replays uploded onto YouTube ASAP. Since when it comes to the 7th of November, that's when Miiverse will go offline. No more custom stages, replay uploading, etc.

I wonder how many people will just post troll posts on Miiverse the day before it goes offline. :secretkpop:

Also, @Antonykun you can now get the Disgaea characters now in RPG Maker FES. :secretkpop:
You can get Laharl, Etna, Flonne, Prinny, Asagi, Killia, Seraphina, Usalia, Hero Prinny, Prinny Kurtis and a Pink Prinny. Speaking of which, just doing some final touches on this town I'm working on, then I'll be getting right to a sort of dungeon? that you have to traverse, which again will be where you'll meet with the 3rd party member.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Kai's Cell's reaction to Mr.Satan manages to actually be funnier than the TFS version, possibly because Cell is a much more serious character. As if Frieza's reaction to the Ginyu Force wasn't amusing enough.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
One of Roy's turn quotes is "Roy's our boy!" And I'm so happy, how could you not love this dork

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Our Boy is underrated, even with a better version of himself

I wanna make a Roy appreciation team with Roy, Roy, and Roy's Dad™

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Cool, Brave Heroes trailer.

Personally, I feel like Ike and Roy have the best starting skills. Ike is kind of obvious; everything was made to synergize with Urvan turning him into a tank. Ike is pretty much an infantry knight, but one who is more like Draug with less speed, but more attack compared to Lukas being more like Zephiel without Wary Fighter. If any of the axe knights had Urvan, they could possibly be the best axe knight in the game. Urvan, Quick Riposte 3, Bonfire, and 3 stacks of Ward Armor.

Roy has most of what he needs to go on a Desperation tear. Death Blow 3 would be like his father's build, but Roy has higher base speed. 57/34 offense is still pretty good and he could be on either an infantry team or cavalry team while working at least 61/38 offenses through +4 attack and speed buffs. L&D3 would be more optimal, though, since he'd have 56/39 offenses and his overall bulk would drop down to like Gaius's, but with lower HP. Blazing Durandal is really good and coming in with Desperation as a default skill rocks for Roy. Steady Blow could tide him over for some time until he gets L&D or whatever and Galeforce works with him since at Desperation range, he basically will be a Brave Sword unit who has Heavy Blade. He's going to charge it very quickly.

Lyn's skills are all right. Nothing special and nothing amazing. Can't be complaining when she and Ike have almost every slot filled with skills that work well with them. Lyn feels like Mulagir and Sacae's Blessing are the highlights of her skill set while Draconic Aura, Swift Sparrow, and Attack Smoke are just good skills she has. I might want to build her into an anti-mage archer.

The introduction of Smoke skills will definitely help thieves, Dark Breath dragons, and Clarisse's Bow archers. At the moment, Clarisse's Bow and Dark Breath wouldn't work so well since it would just override the attack debuff; -7 attack and -5 speed compared to -5 attack/speed and a C-slot for something else like Panic Ploy on Virion -- dat 46 base HP. Smoke Dagger would really benefit from it since adjacent foes would get -7 attack and -4 defense/resistance with Smoke Dagger and -7 attack and -6 defense/resistance with Smoke Dagger+. This is while the thief can run Poison Strike or something like Seal Atk/Spd or Atk/Def for -5 to both stats on the enemy they attack. Debuffs galore!

Lucina's skills are okay. I feel like they could have given her Close Def instead of Sturdy Blow and Drive Spd helps everyone, but her Geirskogul only buffs physical units, so, all the physical units get +3 attack and +6 speed, but the magic units get only +3 speed. A Hone or Fortify skill would be better since you'd get both field and combat buffs from her. I don't know, her default skills seem okay to me despite her stats (just like the others) looking pretty good.

So... Apparently Miiverse is shutting down: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/the_plug_will_finally_be_pulled_on_miiverse_in_november.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Seeing Camilla on the new gauntlet reminded me how much I hate her as a character so I finally took out the trash

Robin has an Egg now

Thank ****ing god Lyn and Lucina beat Tharja and Camilla in CYL, ugh

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Thank ****ing god Lyn and Lucina beat Tharja and Camilla in CYL, ugh
I just realized something. What would Camilla and Tharja even wear if they were CYL units? The only alternate outfits they have that aren't their re-classed outfits are either made up for Heroes and Cipher e.g. spring Camilla or they're very lewd i.e. their swimsuits from Awakening and Fates' DLC.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I finally got the motivation to train up another unit. I chose Alfonse (mostly because he doesn't need to take advantage of double SP weekend). He's not that bad for a 2 star unit and I'm honestly excited to see how he'll end up at the end.
And yes, I am going the Brave Sword+ route with him. It's his fault for coming with Death Blow naturally tbh

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I just realized something. What would Camilla and Tharja even wear if they were CYL units? The only alternate outfits they have that aren't their re-classed outfits are either made up for Heroes and Cipher e.g. spring Camilla or they're very lewd i.e. their swimsuits from Awakening and Fates' DLC.
Well, we'd lose the the theme of all of them being homages to their fathers for one, but it sort of feels like that was a bit of a stretch for Lyn and Lucina already.

They could always give dress her like the original character designer did, like in this picture of her and Beruka. Looking at it, it really is a shame the armor and class designer was a different person.

They could even add a bit more fluster to it in homage of Garon's design.

Tharja sort of looks like she always was going to, going from the Awakening artbook, iirc.

However, Tharja was always weird in how she actually could class change into a bunch of heavily armored classes.

Though I'd probably go with her FE# vanilla design.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I think I'm going to choose Lyn as my free unit and then pull for Roy

I don't care about Lucina at all and Ike isn't that interesting to me when I have Hector/Amelia/Sheena

Why do people like Lucina so much? She was boring in Awakening and isn't even a good waifu. At least characters like Tharja and Camilla are pretty obvious as to why they're so popular, but Lucina is just lame

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Why do people like Lucina so much? She was boring in Awakening and isn't even a good waifu. At least characters like Tharja and Camilla are pretty obvious as to why they're so popular, but Lucina is just lame
Smash is the only reason I can think of. Her VA is pretty good too tho.
How many gorls here play OW on pc again?

:150:
Me but I barely play it anymore.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Though I'd probably go with her FE# vanilla design.
That reminds me, has anyone here played that game? I keep forgetting it exists and it doesn't help that I don't seem much discussion about it. Then again, I don't actively look into Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

Smash is the only reason I can think of. Her VA is pretty good too tho.
I miss Laura Bailey voicing Lucina. Alexis Tipton gets close, but there's something missing compared to Laura's Lucina.

I thought about what to do with getting rid of units. Lukas doesn't have anything I want for anyone and I don't want to promote him just to get one more defense out of Fortress Def. Guess I'll use him to give Fortress Def 2 for Azama since Azama doesn't care about his attack stat. More units with Fortress Res would be cool and a +Spd, -Atk Azama with Fortress Res 3 can be a good mixed defense healer even though making him very physically tanky would be optimal since Wrys exists. Azama's voice is very distinctive compared to Matthew Mercer's other voices for Chrom and Ryoma. I don't know what Shigure sounds like other than when he sings. Shigure possibly being a flying dancer in Heroes would be neat.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Shigure wasn't a dancer, though. His sing command only healed allies within a small radius iirc

He was an absolutely beast in my Revelations playthrough, though. I can't remember who I had as his father, but it might have been Flannel.

Basically, all of his stats were insane aside from his def

Tbh most of the child units were pretty OP. My revelations run was basically just using all of the child units that seemed interesting. I think I used Shigure, Percy, Nina, Mitama, Rhajat, Siegbert, and Forrest.

My favorite character from the game was Mitama, and I would totally whale for her if she were ever introduced in Heroes. afaik, she's not very popular, so idk if she'd ever even make it in

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Shigure wasn't a dancer, though. His sing command only healed allies within a small radius iirc
I meant dancer as in a refresh unit like Azura, Ninian, and Olivia are in Heroes. There aren't any flying units other than the Heron Laguz who would make sense as flying refreshers and Heron can't fight physically, so the developers might make them magic only or something. Can't think of any cavalry ones either unless there was a bard on a horse in one of the earlier Fire Emblem games.

I guess they could make Shigure into a flying healer, but that might anger some people. Welp, guess Shigure will have Breath of Life to reference his song's effect in Heroes.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I meant dancer as in a refresh unit like Azura, Ninian, and Olivia are in Heroes.
That's what I meant, too. His sing command healed units, not gave them another turn.

I guess him being Aqua's son would be enough for them to make him a flying dancer, but idk if IS would want to do that. A dancer with unrestricted movement sounds scary, especially if his offensive stats were anything like what they were in Fates (and he would have access to flier buffs, too).

Tbh if they ever add him into the game, I expect him to just be another lance flier. A flying dancer would be cool, but I'm not sure if I could see them ever adding one to the game.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
That reminds me, has anyone here played that game? I keep forgetting it exists and it doesn't help that I don't seem much discussion about it. Then again, I don't actively look into Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

I miss Laura Bailey voicing Lucina. Alexis Tipton gets close, but there's something missing compared to Laura's Lucina.

I thought about what to do with getting rid of units. Lukas doesn't have anything I want for anyone and I don't want to promote him just to get one more defense out of Fortress Def. Guess I'll use him to give Fortress Def 2 for Azama since Azama doesn't care about his attack stat. More units with Fortress Res would be cool and a +Spd, -Atk Azama with Fortress Res 3 can be a good mixed defense healer even though making him very physically tanky would be optimal since Wrys exists. Azama's voice is very distinctive compared to Matthew Mercer's other voices for Chrom and Ryoma. I don't know what Shigure sounds like other than when he sings. Shigure possibly being a flying dancer in Heroes would be neat.
I hear Laura Baily isn't reprising her role because of some VA Strike? Idk much about that industry though. From what I've heard of CYL Lucina's quotes she's getting closer to perfecting Lucina imo. Spring Lucina sounded weird, while Masked Marth sounded really forced. But that's kind of the point since Lucina was trying to pretend she was male, so she should sound forced
Standard Lucina sounds great in Heroes, it's one of the main reasons I want her. It's a shame Laura isn't credited for her or Palla. I wish I knew the full story

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Good God, DFO has so many damn characters to choose from. I guess I HAVE to get back into playing it again.

Any of you gorlos wanna give Dungeon Fighter Online a try? Iz a fun game that isn't graphic intensive. PvP is pretty dope too if you're a fan of Double Dragons/Oldschool Arcade Beat Em Ups. It should also be noted that the game is being ran by the developers. So if you have a problem, it'll actually be addressed. Parties can get as big as 4 people total, so I can carry/power level you gorls up until level 40ish.

Also the game is client sided, so you can mod characters to look different or sound different. Ability graphics can also be changed. I think that's where 25% of the fun comes from tbh.
How many gorls here play OW on pc again?

:150:
:secretkpop:

Me but I barely play it anymore.
Play so you can look at my new golden guns (Ana's golden gun and Symmetra's golden microwave). :^)

Also pls save me from competitive.

pls

I think I'm going to choose Lyn as my free unit and then pull for Roy

I don't care about Lucina at all and Ike isn't that interesting to me when I have Hector/Amelia/Sheena

Yeah, I agree with Ike being a so-so option. I figured we'd eventually get Urvan Ike. But I was hoping it'd be FE10 Ike. Beorc Blessing is one of the main reasons to get him and it can't be given to other units so... OOOOOOPS.

As for Lucina, I think the reason she's well received is because of a few things:
1) Badass sword chick.

2) Not a T♥tty Monster for cheap popularity boosting.

3) She's a classic "serious to a fault" character, which is usually easy to make funny somehow.

4) As a unit she is VERY good. RNG-screwed--proof.

5) Even though she's a serious character, her supports are still pretty decent. Not top tier, but good enough.

That's what I meant, too. His sing command healed units, not gave them another turn.

I guess him being Aqua's son would be enough for them to make him a flying dancer, but idk if IS would want to do that. A dancer with unrestricted movement sounds scary, especially if his offensive stats were anything like what they were in Fates (and he would have access to flier buffs, too).

Tbh if they ever add him into the game, I expect him to just be another lance flier. A flying dancer would be cool, but I'm not sure if I could see them ever adding one to the game.
I hope if we do get flying dancers/singers, they would be Herons from FE9/FE10. However I doubt we'll ever get flying dancers. I would really like a flying healer though since it wouldn't be pushing it. (Elincia was part flying healer, Falcon Knights can use staves depending on the game, etc)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hear Laura Baily isn't reprising her role because of some VA Strike? Idk much about that industry though. From what I've heard of CYL Lucina's quotes she's getting closer to perfecting Lucina imo. Spring Lucina sounded weird, while Masked Marth sounded really forced. But that's kind of the point since Lucina was trying to pretend she was male, so she should sound forced
Standard Lucina sounds great in Heroes, it's one of the main reasons I want her. It's a shame Laura isn't credited for her or Palla. I wish I knew the full story
Yeah, I know. It's just I like Laura's Lucina. It's just Laura if that makes any sense.

I guess one comparison could be Kanji in Persona 4. Troy Baker originally voiced him, but had something going on and Matthew Mercer had to take over for the remaining half of the anime, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Persona 4 Dancing All Night, and Persona Q. I've never played Persona 4, but I've heard Troy's Kanji and I really liked his performance. Matthew does Kanji well too, but if someone was a fan of Troy and/or Troy's Kanji, it might feel like there's something missing when Matthew is voicing him. Or something like Ike. Greg Chun works as a younger Ike, but some people, including me, miss Jason Adkin's Ike and hope that he at least comes back for an eventual RD Ike.

Top Bottom