• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Keeping my buff husbando, thank you very much. He's awkward and nice. +Def summer Xander with 39 MANLY base defense. Unfortunately, he's -HP, so his default skills are kind of not so great on him, but that's how the cards were dealt and I didn't get a tomato mage or a flying mage, so I'll keep him and summer Elise.

HOW!? What sorcery is this!?

I... I just want a good red mage. At least give me =Atk and =Spd Tharja, game. ;_;

Anyway, I somehow started a discussion on Serene's Forest about Bruno by joking about if he ends up being playable and being the only free unit we get instead of the CYL units because of speculation that there's a possibility that the first CYL summon guarantees us one and we get to choose who. Blah, blah, I guessed Bruno's stats comparing him with the heroes that he appears in and people think he would be pretty good to have. So, who would want a blue cavalry mage who gets half-naked showing his ripped body when he's at half health with these stats: 34 HP, 28 Atk, 35 Spd, 22 Def, and 25 Res?
Im excited for when they finally let us use Bruno. I really like his special quotes, and his tome seems to be really good. Plus bara tiddie :drflip:
Veronica will be cool to use too, but a panic Tome isn't as good as Vantage Tome. Still though, she also has good quotes
Oh and let's not forget Zacharias, who will be a Lance unit when he's inevitably revealed. And Loki, who also uses a Tome if he uses the one he got from Veronica. Probably a red Tome if they wanna make the villains into a triangle.
Tbh I feel like I'm really lame for actually being interested in Heroes' plot, as generic as it is.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Marx loses points for having a ****ed-up face. The art is good otherwise, but the face looks weird and not like him at all. The abs+speedo are life, though
Eh... I'm okay with his face, but yeah, out of his summer art, his critical health art's face is the best to me while normal and attacking are okay. This is weird considering who drew it: PenekoR, who drew Elidgan, Saber, and Valter. Valter's attack face is weird like there's something off, but it works because it's Valter. Valter normal and critical health art are badass.

For me, of the Xander artwork in the game, spring Xander's art is my favorite. Each one of them is well-drawn in my opinion. Regular Xander is okay, but I prefer his official Fates art compared to it. I think it's his face which might be the perspective he's drawn since he looks scrunched up, but there's nothing wrong with it. For summer Xander, like I said, I like his critical health art. There's something cool about it and it's definitely amusing because he's completely weaponless unlike Tikini who still has a stick to smack people with.

Can't believe IS let Capcom put Katarina in the game!
Meanwhile, Skullgirls and Soul Calibur fans wondering why Eliza and Viola are in Street Fighter V.

Im excited for when they finally let us use Bruno. I really like his special quotes, and his tome seems to be really good. Plus bara tiddie :drflip:
Veronica will be cool to use too, but a panic Tome isn't as good as Vantage Tome. Still though, she also has good quotes
Oh and let's not forget Zacharias, who will be a Lance unit when he's inevitably revealed. And Loki, who also uses a Tome if he uses the one he got from Veronica. Probably a red Tome if they wanna make the villains into a triangle.
Tbh I feel like I'm really lame for actually being interested in Heroes' plot, as generic as it is.
I don't think Loki will be playable since if Loki ends up being the true villain That and Loki might be this giant dragon thing.

As for Zacharias, it would be funny if he is Bruno and when we get Bruno as a playable unit, he ends up being two units: Bruno the blue cavalry mage and Bruno the lance infantry. He can switch weapons and get off his horse. Such a profound set of skills. :p

Also, I'm interested in the plot too since I just want to know even if it's kind of not unsurprising. Seriously, developers, reveal to us that Bruno is no Zacharias and that they're completely different characters.

Eventual summer banner with Askr and Embla characters would be cool, or rather, hot. Who's ready for summer Bruno!? He should have an ice cream-related weapon because of his ice tome.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So, who would want a blue cavalry mage who gets half-naked showing his ripped body when he's at half health
that damaged art is too juicy to not use. it's hard to decide between him and summer frederick for the better damaged art. bruno has the abs of steel, but frederick has THE BULGE
But summer Xander wears nothing but swimming shorts and sandals, so his glorious body is fully visible and dripping in the oceans' waters and his defense stat indicates his abs are made of diamond! :p
Plus bara tiddie :drflip:
proxy-2.gif

But srsly can u all stop being so desperately thirsty for like 5 whole seconds ty

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I was able to pull the Summer Husbando (Xander, not Frederick) that's -DEF/+ATK. I guess I can give him a Brave Axe and just let the dude nuke things with his Bara Power.

So... Summer Frederick. Summer Gaius. Summer Xander. My team of husbandos will be scandalous. Though I may just run Frederick/Xander/Eph(for buffs)/Sanaki or Sonya or Tharja or Summer Corrin.

Y2Kay Y2Kay gorlo what natures are the gorls you have? I only summoned a few for you, but you did get some nice fodder. I just hope you have some usable gorls.
View attachment 132376
But srsly can u all stop being so desperately thirsty for like 5 whole seconds ty
But gorlo, the Wine Kween says otherwise. What kind of gorls would we be if we disobeyed?
Take It Sleazy.png

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
God, if Summer Xander is enough to get so many of you gorls thirsty you'd love some of the F/GO character designs.

I resent that game, it spoiled my friend about P3's ending when he was playing through it lol
Super Dancing Robots, Dancing to Save the World > Spoilers from an 11 year old game.

McGregor was never going to win
Doesn't Ireland revoke citizenship for uttering blasphemy like that?

Dude, Stahl can give Ruby Sword and Swap. Ruby Sword is good and Swap is coveted by armor teams and people who want to run tanks and defensive strategies with characters like Lukas, Oboro, and Xander.
I mean, I did say "unless I want to give someone a Ruby Sword", but even then, he isn't the only one with it. You can get MoonBow and a Ruby Sword off of Palla, whose just as common. And Arthur is an equally common green with Swap.

Besides, Chainz seems to be having fun with merged units.

She's not even a good nature, +spd -atk while I already have a +spd -res Nino.
Valor skills are an amazing QoL addition to the game. She valuable just for that, even if Green Tome is more niche than Lance/Axe/Sword.

But summer Xander wears nothing but swimming shorts and sandals, so his glorious body is fully visible and dripping in the oceans' waters and his defense stat indicates his abs are made of diamond! :p
More like titanium alloy, considering his chest is sort of missing something.

But gorlo, the Wine Kween says otherwise. What kind of gorls would we be if we disobeyed?
Non-alcoholics, probably.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
i thought it was confirmed that bruno is zacharias?
The story writers keep yanking our chain and throw out misleading info then go "lol but now here's da troof" so we don't know yet. Who knows at this point? Srsly.

Non-alcoholics, probably.
oh s♥♥♥ u rite
EliminatedHeaux1.png

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
More like titanium alloy, considering his chest is sort of missing something.
His nipples were bitten off by sharks while he was learning to swim. Nintendo censored it since scars are scary for some people.

Speaking of high defense units, my Bruno discussion lead to Veronica and wondering what her stats were. Because only Xander shows up with her on 9-5 and random units in TT, I could only compare her to Xander and that leads to weird things like having to drop boss Veronica's defense by 5 because the increased Xander's by 5 to give him 42 freaking defense on lunatic 9-5. Adjusted it so her defense wouldn't be that close to her resistance which would be closer and since she's a boss, her HP would have been increased by ~16. Doing that, Veronica's stats should be something like this: 30 HP, 37 Atk, 26 Spd, 32 Def, and 22 Res. I feel like her HP isn't that low and her stat spread might be more like 38 HP, 34 Atk, 24 Spd, 32 Def, and 19 Res. Either way, probably the best Gronnraven mage if you just want someone to tank only archers and thieves while doing a lot of damage.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
All of the Choose your legends choices are amazing.

Roy is everything I would have wanted, they even gave him a suped-up Durandal.

Lucina looks so cool in that armor.

Ike is a massive **** you to fliers, holy ****.

Lyn is both a massive **** you to fliers and another massive boon to horses.

I want all of them.

And we get to choose one as a free 5*.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It's really cool that we get one of the CYL for free

I'll probably choose Lyn (first mounted archer!), but I'll decide after I see all of their stats

Also Hector being on another banner is everything I dreamed of. My armor emblem team can finally be complete now

I'm glad that they didn't just put all of the CYL gorls in Askran armor like people thought they would

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
The artwork for all 4 of them look great.

Now the choice, should I get Ike or Lyn for free... I STILL NEED A GOOD ARCHER AND LYN'S THE FIRST ONE ON A HORSE SO SHE'S GOTTA BE GOOD AND I WON'T HAVE TO SUFFER COLORLESS HELL ANYMORE, BUT I ALSO NEED MORE GOOD GREENS AND IKE IS IKE, BUT SUMMONING FROM GREEN IS MORE TOLERABLE

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Ike is a massive **** you to fliers, holy ****.
Oh wait I was wrong, Ike isn't a massive **** you to fliers, he's a massive **** you to every single meta in the game.

He's effective against Fliers and Calvary and he nullifies all boosting skills like Fortify, Hone, and rallies. All from his B skill. And if he's attacked by a Brave Weapon, his weapon skill reduces the damage of the second hit by 80%.

He's the perfect anti-meta unit, and he's free.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Green is the easiest color to pull focus units on (due to having the fewest amount of units or something; idk how, but it's true), so pulling for Ike would theoretically be easier than the others

Using the free pull for Roy would probably be a smart idea if you want him since there are like a billion red units

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hope the free summon is neutral stats-only because the chance of getting -Atk or -Spd anyone would suck.

Of these units and just reading what has been said about them, I'm going with Lyn as my free unit. I don't have a 5* archer, I don't have a good archer or an archer that I have that I really want to invest in that has a good boon and bane, and she's a mounted archer. That's so many things for me compared to Ike with Urvan who has an anti-Brave skill and a a nullify cavalry and flyer buffs, or Lucina and Roy's whatever they have. I'll just bank on my dumb green luck to get Ike and whoever else. The hilarity if only Hector shows up.

Well, that checks off one thing I want: a good archer. Now for a better than -Spd Tharja red mage.

Lyn is both a massive **** you to fliers and another massive boon to horses.
People on Serene's Forest have noted she also says "Screw you!" to Distant Counter units.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Oh snap, Lyn looks awesome. I was hoping to get a silver attacker of some kind (preferably a healer for magic but Lyn works too). The artwork looks great overall, but I'm not a fan of Ike's color scheme. I'll just get Lyn and call it a day.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I'm picking Lyn for my freebie, she brings a lot to the table being the first Bow Knight/Nomad in Heroes, also I have Bride Lyn so it would be nice to maintain a collection of her limited edition releases, and she's the only other character I'm familiar with besides Lucina.

Roy finally surpassed Eliwood as a unit, and all it took was influence from Smash and powercreep :secretkpop:
He looks really good though, having a 19 might weapon with Heavy Blade built-in and having Galeforce.

Ike only seems deceptively good honestly. Urvan's special is only discount Wary Fighter with added niche against brave weapons. His anti horse/flier skill doesn't seem too great either, as Cecilia or any other potential Blade mage will still deal incredible amounts of damage, Urvan or not.

Lucina is basically Memephraim, her buffs are amazing but are incompatiable with magic units including dragons, mages, and Blade tomes specifically so while she'll still be a decent rallybot, unlike Ephraim she's hindered only being able to susbstantially support physical allies which hurts her a lot imo.

PSA: There's talk out there that Ike's Beorc Blessing has been mistranslated. It appears that the Japanese description says that all it does is negate buffs on cavalry. Conclusion: Ike just got majorly shot if this is true. And just pick Lyn.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm pulling for all of them, **** it, I love them so much and if my 60 orbs doesn't get me the other 3 I'm willing to pay
I mean, not enough to +10 them, but yknow. Also the art is soooo pretty

WiserThanYou

Smash Cadet
There we go. If I could get feedback on my team that'd be great.

Also the new units look great and all, but I'm still (impatiently) waiting for Micaiah. Its been months where i s s h e.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also the art is soooo pretty
For example: CYL Ike's art is done by the same artist who did Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. And apparently she also worked on some of SNK's games. Her art is soooo pretty.

Anyway, I can't get over that Lyn's horse looks like it has an apron. It's probably not -- I don't know horse stuff --, but it looks apron-y.

Edit: Two freebie summon from the pair of Voting Gauntlet banners got me a 4* +Spd, -Def Gunter and 4* neutral Raven. Guess I won't be getting Camilla or Hector any time soon. Or a Cherche for that matter.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
There we go. If I could get feedback on my team that'd be great.

Also the new units look great and all, but I'm still (impatiently) waiting for Micaiah. Its been months where i s s h e.
The team looks like it could potentially have some great synergy together as it does have a nice color range and the other 3 units can benefit from a healer.
From most to least important:
-The biggest issue is that there's not nearly enough buffs to properly utilize a Bladetome. Lissa is the only buffer and with Hone Atk and her Balm, it gets a bit repetitive since those 2 buffs don't stack with each other (although I'd take a guess and say that you're trying to give ger Hone Atk 2/3 and replace her Balm with a different one like Swift Winds which is a good route to take). I'd say to also swap out Tiki's Breath of Life for another Hone or Fortify skill. The 7 healing from it is a bit unnecessary when you have a dedicated healer, plus the healing from it can make Rehab heal less since that's how it works. Maybe the same for Camilla's Savage Blow as well since 2 Savage Blows is a bit redundant.

-Give Tiki and Camilla some kind of Assist. Reposition and Swap would be good choices.

-Swapping Camilla's Special to Iceberg or Glacies would work out better with her 31 Res. Tiki could use Bonfire or Ignis with her 32 Def.

-Swap out Tiki's Armored Blow for something. It depends on what role you want to have her fill, but if you still want her to be tanky a simple Def or Res +3 skill would work. Maybe even HP +5. I mean if you have a spare Celica you could give her Distant Defense since she works well with it (unlike Niles Lorde Lorde don't do it gorl) but... it's Celica.

-Death Blow might be a better choice than Darting Blow on Camilla but I don't use her so idk which one ends up working better for her.
I never realized how much HP Lissa has, even without the HP +4 skill wow.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Infinite Hair Gel mains. How's everyone doing? :4cloud:

Will be going out for lunch today and possibly look for something to purchase for myself for my Switch or 3DS. Hopefully I can find some really good games, if not. I'll just save up for next month. Since Odyssey, Pokken Tournament DX, Metroid and Monster Hunter come out in September.

Will also be checking out ProtonJon's stream when I get back; since he did a Fortune Cookie I missed out on (Then again, I often miss out on his streams due to time zones. smh)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I think I'm gonna end up picking Roy, cause I really wanna guarantee I get him (he looks SO CUTE) and I also don't mind going through the colorless pool for Lyn. I just wish we could guarantee all of them are neutral, I don't wanna end up getting -Atk/-Spd Lucina, Ike, or Lyn

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
My free summons were 3* Arthur and 3* Bartre rip

I just want 2 Hectors to sacrifice to Sheena and Elfie

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I summoned 3* Fir and 4* Cherche so in the trash they gooooo.

I want theeeeeeeeeeeeese voicelines!

Too bad Blizzard doesn't take suggestions unless they're mass-suggested. I think these would actually make good additional voicelines for tho- *1:15*

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
3* Hana and 4* Lon'qu for free summons. After the luck I got from the previous free summon I really can't complain.

I think I'm gonna end up picking Roy, cause I really wanna guarantee I get him (he looks SO CUTE) and I also don't mind going through the colorless pool for Lyn. I just wish we could guarantee all of them are neutral, I don't wanna end up getting -Atk/-Spd Lucina, Ike, or Lyn
Honestly I think I would have preferred jumping back into the colorless pool if the 3* and 4* percentages weren't reversed. I could use some more Lissas.

I think I'm gonna get Roy or Lyn as the freebie cause I wouldn't mind rolling some more green and blue orbs. If the freebie is neutral IV, definitely Lyn.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
CYL Roy's stats were consistent in both the English and Japanese videos which was 38 HP, 51 Atk, 34 Spd, 26 Def, and 24 Res. This means after taking off Blazing Durandal and removing the +3 to attack because of Blazing Durandal, Roy would have 32 attack. So, CYL Roy is like a sword Roderick and the sword cavalier with the best offensive spread. Only problem is that it would be wasteful to give him a Brave Sword or a Firesweep Sword if whoever introduces it doesn't have as good of a offensive stat spread as CYL Roy.

As for the neutral thing, I think the free units will all be neutral since in the part where they show it, when picking any of them, their square/tile/portrait shows up and like with any units where that show up, you can check their base stats. If that's the case, then I think as free units, they're going to be neutral since anything non-neutral would either greatly please people like +Atk CYL Lyn or piss off people like -Atk CYL Roy.

Anyway, I decided to guess the stats of the CYL Ike and Lucina and watching the videos shows that CYL Lucina was either shown with two different versions of her like in the Japanese version, she has 44 HP, but when she fights the sword flyer, she has 41 HP which the English version showed Lucina always having and against the red mounted mage who is on a defense tile, the Japanese version showed her doing 37 damage to the English version doing 38. Either way, CYL Lucina probably will have 41-44 HP, 34-35 attack, >32 speed since that's 5 higher than the mounted mage on chapter 12-4, and whatever defense and resistance she'll have with 47 to 49 remaining stat points. She might end up being literally lance Lucina.

Ike on the other hand is harder to check since he only fights two units and he's never on the map with any visible stats. He is, for some dumb reason, on the map with Lucina in the English version. Way to spoil everything, guys, with the first CYL unit. Anyway, if the archer has an average 25 defense and Ike does 31 damage to him, then Ike has 56 total attack meaning he'd have 40 base attack. Insane, but it's Ike and nobody knows if he got buffed with +4 attack or something. If he did, then he'd have a reasonable 36 base attack.

And then there's CYL Lyn with 149 BST. That's higher than any of the archers except Faye who's a villager, the cavalry mages, and the same BST as as Boey, both Robins, and Sophia. What the hell, developers?

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
CYL Roy's stats were consistent in both the English and Japanese videos which was 38 HP, 51 Atk, 34 Spd, 26 Def, and 24 Res. This means after taking off Blazing Durandal and removing the +3 to attack because of Blazing Durandal, Roy would have 32 attack. So, CYL Roy is like a sword Roderick and the sword cavalier with the best offensive spread. Only problem is that it would be wasteful to give him a Brave Sword or a Firesweep Sword if whoever introduces it doesn't have as good of a offensive stat spread as CYL Roy.

As for the neutral thing, I think the free units will all be neutral since in the part where they show it, when picking any of them, their square/tile/portrait shows up and like with any units where that show up, you can check their base stats. If that's the case, then I think as free units, they're going to be neutral since anything non-neutral would either greatly please people like +Atk CYL Lyn or piss off people like -Atk CYL Roy.

Anyway, I decided to guess the stats of the CYL Ike and Lucina and watching the videos shows that CYL Lucina was either shown with two different versions of her like in the Japanese version, she has 44 HP, but when she fights the sword flyer, she has 41 HP which the English version showed Lucina always having and against the red mounted mage who is on a defense tile, the Japanese version showed her doing 37 damage to the English version doing 38. Either way, CYL Lucina probably will have 41-44 HP, 34-35 attack, >32 speed since that's 5 higher than the mounted mage on chapter 12-4, and whatever defense and resistance she'll have with 47 to 49 remaining stat points. She might end up being literally lance Lucina.

Ike on the other hand is harder to check since he only fights two units and he's never on the map with any visible stats. He is, for some dumb reason, on the map with Lucina in the English version. Way to spoil everything, guys, with the first CYL unit. Anyway, if the archer has an average 25 defense and Ike does 31 damage to him, then Ike has 56 total attack meaning he'd have 40 base attack. Insane, but it's Ike and nobody knows if he got buffed with +4 attack or something. If he did, then he'd have a reasonable 36 base attack.

And then there's CYL Lyn with 149 BST. That's higher than any of the archers except Faye who's a villager, the cavalry mages, and the same BST as as Boey, both Robins, and Sophia. What the hell, developers?
A guaranteed Neutral Lyn is indeed very tempting but she's my least favorite of the 4. I think I'd rather just take my chances, since her insane stats and her horse means ANY nature for her is good
Lucina is probably just gonna be the same but with a Lance, and probably the same for Ike but with an Axe.
Also, Lyn's stats are insane, and we all knew a mounted archer was gonna wreck **** up, but there are some positives.
1. CYL Ike can counter her pretty hard if he has decent defense.
2. When she runs Sacae's Blessing, TA Robin, with their advantage and decent defense, can beat her, and I'll probably give mine Bowbreaker just to make sure he can counter her (and Bridelia)
3. If she runs Cancel Adept, that makes her vulnerable to any Distant Counter unit, in particular the freebies (Xander and Camus) come to mind, since anyone can have them
4. If she runs neither of those skills, she's vulnerable to both.

Lyn's gonna be insane but tbh I'm just glad the broken archer isn't in a stupid wedding dress

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
****, I missed a lot free orbs from the six month anniversary event. I'm such a moron lol.

ALSO I SWEAR TO GOD @Mocha IF HURRICANE HARVEY HURTS A HAIR ON UR PRECIOUS HEAD I WILL NAIR FOOTSTOOL COMBO A TROPICAL STORM IRL.

:150:

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
When your only Life and Death fodder is a 1 Star

I'm gonna get her to Level 40 5 Star just for the catalog, then Sully is gettin her steroids :drflip:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A guaranteed Neutral Lyn is indeed very tempting but she's my least favorite of the 4. I think I'd rather just take my chances, since her insane stats and her horse means ANY nature for her is good
Lucina is probably just gonna be the same but with a Lance, and probably the same for Ike but with an Axe.
Also, Lyn's stats are insane, and we all knew a mounted archer was gonna wreck **** up, but there are some positives.
For me, it's the opposite. Lyn might be my favorite out of the four. It would probably be something like Ike and Lyn and then Lucina and Roy. Not sure if I like Roy more than Lucina... Lyn holds a special place when she's first lord for me since Blazing Sword was my first Fire Emblem game. I might have known Marth, Roy, and Ike before her, but Blazing Sword let me get to know her, Eliwood, and Hector more and before Marth, Ike who is just a badass, and whenever Binding Blade actually gets remade, Roy.

As a unit, she's like a don't look a gift horse in the mouth situation for me. CYL Lyn seems like the obvious pick when she's the first mounted archer who also has good attack and speed and she's a colorless unit. If she wasn't targeting defense, but resistance, the generally lower stat of the two defenses, she would arguably be the best unit. Her total attack would be lower than Reinhardt's if she were running a Brave Bow build, but her speed is so much higher that she could easily close the gap by just doubling with a Brave Bow. Or alternatively, she could use Firesweep Bow letting her keep her high speed and have a higher total attack.

Going for +Atk or +Spd CYL Lyn would be cool, but it's like, "Dude, you don't have a 5* archer, you can't guarantee you'll get her outside of the free, selectable CYL summon everyone gets, she's the only mounted archer for the time being, and she's Lyn." She might be broken, she might be overused and overpicked by everyone, but my luck with archers isn't great, so I shouldn't be complaining.

I could bank on my luck with greens in getting CYL Ike, it would be nice to have CYL Roy because it's cute how he's wearing his father's clothes, but he's shorter than Eliwood at his age, so his clothes bunches up a little and looks big on him -- apparently you can also see this on his chibi sprite and comparing it with Eliwood's --, and CYL Lucina being literally lance Lucina with something like 34/36 offenses would be really good considering the only units who can compare are bride Charlotte with 36/32 offenses, summer F!Robin with 32/34 offenses, and Sharena with 32/32 offenses. Except for Sharena, the others are seasonal and Lucina probably will be too. Nephenee when?

1. CYL Ike can counter her pretty hard if he has decent defense.
It's Ike. I can't think of a variation of Ike who wouldn't have at least 30 defense. If summer Xander can be in swim trunks and have 36 base defense, then Ike can too.

There's also Urvan's effect of reducing every attack after the first by 80%.

Part of me feels like it would be interesting if CYL Ike is the Chrom to regular Ike's bunny Chrom. Ike can't use Urvan or axes until RD when he becomes a Vanguard. RD Ike strikes me as a slower, but bulkier dude than PoR Ike. CYL Ike might just be axe Ike, but to me, it would be cool if his stats end up something like 43 HP, 37 Atk, 24 Spd, 36 Def, and 18 Res. With Urvan reducing follow-up attack damage by 80%, CYL Ike getting doubled might not be a problem and his high defense would make it a real problem to try and physically take him down. With Distant Counter, his mages better hope they can take a hit from him if they can't nuke him in one hit or their weakened follow-up after Desperation can't finish him off.

Lyn's gonna be insane but tbh I'm just glad the broken archer isn't in a stupid wedding dress
I-I like bride Cordelia and bride Lyn. Bride Cordelia has beautiful art and bride Lyn is funny (even though we can't hear her special quotes normally). ._.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
For me, it's the opposite. Lyn might be my favorite out of the four. It would probably be something like Ike and Lyn and then Lucina and Roy. Not sure if I like Roy more than Lucina... Lyn holds a special place when she's first lord for me since Blazing Sword was my first Fire Emblem game. I might have known Marth, Roy, and Ike before her, but Blazing Sword let me get to know her, Eliwood, and Hector more and before Marth, Ike who is just a badass, and whenever Binding Blade actually gets remade, Roy.

As a unit, she's like a don't look a gift horse in the mouth situation for me. CYL Lyn seems like the obvious pick when she's the first mounted archer who also has good attack and speed and she's a colorless unit. If she wasn't targeting defense, but resistance, the generally lower stat of the two defenses, she would arguably be the best unit. Her total attack would be lower than Reinhardt's if she were running a Brave Bow build, but her speed is so much higher that she could easily close the gap by just doubling with a Brave Bow. Or alternatively, she could use Firesweep Bow letting her keep her high speed and have a higher total attack.

Going for +Atk or +Spd CYL Lyn would be cool, but it's like, "Dude, you don't have a 5* archer, you can't guarantee you'll get her outside of the free, selectable CYL summon everyone gets, she's the only mounted archer for the time being, and she's Lyn." She might be broken, she might be overused and overpicked by everyone, but my luck with archers isn't great, so I shouldn't be complaining.

I could bank on my luck with greens in getting CYL Ike, it would be nice to have CYL Roy because it's cute how he's wearing his father's clothes, but he's shorter than Eliwood at his age, so his clothes bunches up a little and looks big on him -- apparently you can also see this on his chibi sprite and comparing it with Eliwood's --, and CYL Lucina being literally lance Lucina with something like 34/36 offenses would be really good considering the only units who can compare are bride Charlotte with 36/32 offenses, summer F!Robin with 32/34 offenses, and Sharena with 32/32 offenses. Except for Sharena, the others are seasonal and Lucina probably will be too. Nephenee when?

It's Ike. I can't think of a variation of Ike who wouldn't have at least 30 defense. If summer Xander can be in swim trunks and have 36 base defense, then Ike can too.

There's also Urvan's effect of reducing every attack after the first by 80%.

Part of me feels like it would be interesting if CYL Ike is the Chrom to regular Ike's bunny Chrom. Ike can't use Urvan or axes until RD when he becomes a Vanguard. RD Ike strikes me as a slower, but bulkier dude than PoR Ike. CYL Ike might just be axe Ike, but to me, it would be cool if his stats end up something like 43 HP, 37 Atk, 24 Spd, 36 Def, and 18 Res. With Urvan reducing follow-up attack damage by 80%, CYL Ike getting doubled might not be a problem and his high defense would make it a real problem to try and physically take him down. With Distant Counter, his mages better hope they can take a hit from him if they can't nuke him in one hit or their weakened follow-up after Desperation can't finish him off.

I-I like bride Cordelia and bride Lyn. Bride Cordelia has beautiful art and bride Lyn is funny (even though we can't hear her special quotes normally). ._.
Not gonna argue that her art isn't pretty, but I'm just tired of seeing her
It's a shame Roy is he least appreciated so far. His weapon looks incredible. I think he'll definitely rival Xander for a horse team slot, even if he doesn't have innate DC
At least, I'll be using him over Xander. I'll take cute phyur bby who's on his way to a father-son lookalike contest over him.
Lyn's my least favorite but I still really like her art and I wanna get her. I'm just pickin based on how cool the designs are. Lyn looks great but she really looks the same aside from her boa thing. Meanwhile Lucina gets her badass Great Lord armor and Ike/Roy are giving out father appreciation. A shame they didn't come around Father's Day :drshrug:

Gah I'm not looking forward to seeing +10 merged versions of all of these units Day 1 though.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I really have to think about what to do once Horse Lyn hits, because it sounds like everyone is aiming for her as their free unit. I'm not really sure how big of a hit Flier Emblem is going to take from her. =/

So, CYL Roy is like a sword Roderick and the sword cavalier with the best offensive spread.
I mean, if you take off his sword he's got a mode immediate comparison before one has to jump over to lancers; he's basically just a slightly faster, slightly squishier Cain.

Cain: 42 / 32 / 32 / 27 / 21
CYL!Roy: 38 / 32 / 34 / 26 / 24

She might end up being literally lance Lucina.
Would she be as good with the same statline as a lancer, though? TBH losing Falchion is a pretty big hit to both his offensive and defensive capabilities.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Wait, we're legit getting a freebie of CYL? That's... Kind of surprising tbh. (Did I mention this already? I have been having memory problems as of late so I might have commented on it already loloops.) I am definitely getting Lyn. Even with neutral stats she's a damn monster that's made to counter the entire meta.

O U GOT DISTANT COUNTER? LMAO CUTE~

O NO UR A BLADE TOME USER? YOU LOOK MORE LIKE A CORPSE TO ME.

O UR THE COVETED UNSTOPPABLE FLYING MEAN GORL SQUAD? TOO BAD I'M THE MEANEST GORL. BYE HEAUX SQUAD.

Also side question: If a dude sings "Jump Up, Superstar! should he flip the words "boy" and "girl" in the song?

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I think that's up to the singer's discretion, staying faithful to the original lyrics or tailoring them to your gender are both reasonable and acceptable, although I prefer the former for my self.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I mean, if you take off his sword he's got a mode immediate comparison before one has to jump over to lancers; he's basically just a slightly faster, slightly squishier Cain.

Cain: 42 / 32 / 32 / 27 / 21
CYL!Roy: 38 / 32 / 34 / 26 / 24
I was comparing his stats to Roderick's; Roderick has 40 HP, 31 Atk, 34 Spd, 25, and 24 Res. I think that's the closest stat spread CYL Roy has to any cavalier.

If I were to compare him to just sword cavaliers, then yeah, he's a slightly faster Cain, but with lower HP and defense. It's not enough to warrant giving him Brave Sword or Firesweep Sword whenever that's out to me. Compared to his father, CYL Roy is faster and stronger, but Eliwood is the mage tank which no other sword cavalier can do since no other sword cavalier has been introduced with ~28 resistance and ironically, the closest is CYL Roy with 24 resistance since everyone else has 22 and lower. Compared to his normal self, flipped defenses, and less HP for more attack and speed.

Also, I just realized that because of CYL Roy's higher attack and speed and Blazing Durandal's effects, he'd pull off Eliwood's one-hit build better. +Atk Eliwood with Durandal and Death Blow 3 reaches 54 attack and 30 speed. CYL Roy with Blazing Durandal and Death Blow 3 reaches 57 attack and 34 speed. If CYL Roy were +Atk, he'd have 60 total attack before Hone Cavalry.

Would she be as good with the same statline as a lancer, though? TBH losing Falchion is a pretty big hit to both his offensive and defensive capabilities.
That kind of depends. Falchion means Lucina gets +10 HP every third turn and it stacks with Renewal 3 giving her high sustain and she has effective damage against dragons, but she is a sword unit, although, a very good one, and there aren't a lot of dragons.

Geirskogul gives her +3 defense and acts as a Drive Atk/Spd 2, but only for physical units. Let's say she has the same defense and resistance of 25 and 19. With Geirskogul, she effectively has 28 defense and 19 resistance. With Fury 3, she'd have 31 defense and 22 resistance and with Close Def 3, she'd have 34 defense and 25 resistance against 1-range units. She could be pretty bulky where this time, it's because she's not taking as much physical damage on top of her good HP and high speed making it difficult to double her.

Falchion Lucina is obviously better for back-up healing and has her niche of being a dragon slayer, but Geirskogul Lucina is better as a support unit and can be pretty physically bulky. I have no idea if the developers will ever make dual Drive C-skills, but you could slap Drive Def 3 on Geirskogul Lucina and she'd be able to give +3 Atk/Spd/Def to all physical units within 2 spaces of her. Probably not as optimal as giving her Drive Atk or Spd for +6 to one stat and +3 to the other in combat. Fury 3 and Renewal would still be good on her even if she can't regenerate as fast as Falchion Lucina.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
if someone is so insecure about his/her sexuality that he/she has to change the lyrics of a song to make it about the opposite gender, then that person should just stop existing

it's literally a song

it's okay if you're a male and the song is about a man

people are awful t b h

Top Bottom