• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I just hope that when Seth gets demoted he'll be able to learn Fortress Def at 4*. A lot of these new units that got demoted aren't that great to fodder off at 4*, so any help would be appreciated.

In other news, after 100+ orbs I'm still Corrinless, thankfully Tempest prizes and log-in bonuses exist so there's still hope.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I found a +Atk -HP Setsuna in all of the trash I pulled a few hours ago. If I don't get Innes, I'm building her up I think. I just need any good archer and 31/37 offensive stats seems good.
Plus using Fire Emblem's resident stoner as your best and only archer seems like a fun idea.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Tana is arguably the best Pegasus rider now.

:150:
No kidding. Tana has the distinction of being both a very good offensive unit and a very good defensive unit whose only weakness are enemy archers, but you generally shouldn't be putting her out there to tank them or whatever. Offense is easy since she has Lucina's 34 attack and 36 speed which means she can run Brave Lance or Firesweep Lance just as well as Cordelia. Defense, however. Let's just say she's on the level of Xander being able to tank units with Sapphire Lances or T-Adept against him because of Vidofnir's +7 defense to axes, lances, and swords and maybe Lukas when they get defense buffs.

Last night, a couple of people were talking about Tana's tanking ability on Serene's Forest: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...ion-and-links/&do=findComment&comment=4952323.

With Vidofnir, she technically always has 32 effective defense when attacked. That's 3 under Subaki, but she leads with 9 more base attack and would be equipped with a 16 MT lance. Slap on Close Def or even Fortress Def so she'd always have +5 to her defense and she'd be one tough, spiked wall to overcome. The hilarity is you can even give her L&3 and she'd only drop down to 27 effective defense when attacked because Vidofnir negates most of it. Have fun.

Personally, I'd keep Vidofnir and make Tana into a tank. A tank with high attack and speed is pretty awesome when you think about it and Cordelia already comes with Brave Lance, so it's like why go through the hassle? Having Cordelia and Tana means you'd have the best offensive and the best defensive/offensive lance flyers.

The sad part is that Hinoka's stat spread is actually Tana's, but if she had "unnecessarily high HP". Tana has 36 HP, 34 Atk, 36 Spd, 25 Def, and 25 Res to Hinoka's 41 HP, 35 Atk, 32 Spd, 25 Def, and 24 Res. What's even worse is that Hinoka in Fates apparently comes with Guard Naginata that could have made her what Tana is today.

I just pulled a +atk -def Tana while trying to get Amelia (there were no green orbs)

Tana and Amelia both have insane stat spreads. Amelia's BST is like 173 lol
Aw, if only you summoned a =Def Tana or something like +Atk, -HP or -Res so you could tank everything with her. :p

Seth: ...Oh my sweet summer child, what did they do to you? D:
They kept him in his wounded state during Sacred Stones. Actually, does his wound even heal after the story or does it still take longer or end up like what happened to Frodo where he feels pain from it every now and again?

Anyway, with Eldigan and Xander whose stat spreads are really good to begin with, Seth can't really compare and I don't think any sword cavalier can compare unless they show up with 36 neutral attack and 36 neutral defense, 42-ish HP, and crap speed and resistance, but who cares since you're a monster of a wall on a glorious stallion. So... Sigurd's probably going to be a disappointment. Back to Seth, if you compare him to Cain, Luke, and Stahl, he's kind of good.

Seth has 37 HP, 32 Atk, 31 Spd, 32 Def, and 22 Res which makes him a reverse Eliwood. He has the lowest HP compared to the others, but all of that got dumped into defense and kind of resistance. He has 1 less speed than Cain, but higher defense than Stahl (to the point where if you get a -Def Seth like I did, he's still comparable in defense --, and ties with Stahl's resistance which is the highest out of them. With offense, he's around Cain's level, but a little worse because of 1 less speed. Luke hits harder, but Luke's speed is kind of weird. 28 speed could have been 24 so he'd have 34 defense or something.

Eh, Seth's kind of like a mounted Saber or a cavalier Minerva which isn't that great, but isn't that bad since as a cavalier, he has less BST. Seth has 154 BST and if you just dumped 3 into his HP, his stat spread would be almost like Minerva and Saber's. There's also the issue of color since red has a ton of units so it's just this red blob, but if Seth were an axe cavalier, he'd probably be considered pretty good since there isn't a sort of balanced cavalier except for Titania, but she's a mage tank instead of Seth's more physical tank.

In other news, after 100+ orbs I'm still Corrinless, thankfully Tempest prizes and log-in bonuses exist so there's still hope.
You and me. I'm still torn if I want to keep dumping orbs to try and get a flying mage when training tower can be re-rolled and knowing Aversa will show up eventually or keeping my orbs and using them for something else.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Sonic Mania seems to be pretty well received, which is good. I don't care for Sonic that much but it's nice to see his franchise to have their first proper success since Generations (Lost World is debatable)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
You know Seth isn't so bad, his weapon is crap tho. He can probably pull off a Quadbuild with proper support, but Eliwood is generally the best Swordie option thanks to his stupid-high-ATK on Player Phase and the fact he can be obtained at 3 stars EZ.

How are all these BEGONE THOT memes ending up in my recommendations? Is it because I come here everyday? For reals tho, I almost forgot Totally Spies was a thing. Sam was muh gorl. 10/10 she's a Zelda main for sure.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Tana's voice is decent

It's not bad, but it's not particularly great

Her voice suits her well, though

Her best line is, "Please don't tease me like that."

srsly tho, why did they feel the need to include that wtf

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Only if you ignore that Eliwood comes with a unique MT 16 sword with Death Blow 2 built in.That's what makes him the only legitimate red sword choice on a horse team that isn't Xander.

Seth gets a Ruby Sword of all things.
Eliwood can't take hits from physical units which Eliwood would generally be fighting and which you can ignore if you just nuke stuff with Cain, Luke, and even Seth and Stahl with Brave Swords. I say even since Stahl's probably the worst user of Brave Sword and Seth just got released and is basically Cain with more defense for less HP.

For Eliwood to double without getting hit, he either needs to switch to Brave Sword which is pointless or he needs to be in Desperation range and there's no guarantee you can get to that safely. +Spd Eliwood with just Hone Cavalry clocks at 39 speed letting him double anyone with 34 speed or lower. L&D3 would make him even more fragile, but he'd have 44 speed then. If he can double, Eliwood can hit twice with 57 with Death Blow 3 or 56 with L&D3. If the average defense is 25, then he'd do 31x2. If he can't double, then it's only 31 damage which means you'd need someone to finish them off and Eliwood might take damage back. +Atk Eliwood would have a harder time doubling against some units when he'd only have 36 speed after Hone Cavalry and 41 with L&D3. He would, however, have 60 total attack with Death Blow 3 or 59 with L&D3. If he can double, it's 35x2 or 34x2. He comes close to one-shotting a lot of units, but most units have +37 HP.

Alternatively, you can take Cain who has the same availability as Eliwood, but is a 4* to 5* summon which with the rate switch, he might be easier to obtain. +Atk Cain would have 43 total attack and 27 speed with his Brave Sword+. After Hone Cavalry, he'd have 48 attack and 33 speed. Death Blow 3 would put him at 52 and L&D3 would put him at 51. He just needs to attack once against an average enemy and he'd do 27x2 with Death Blow 3. Against units with 30 defense, he'd do 22x2 which is probably enough to clear out anyone with less than 44 HP that aren't blues.

Luke hits even harder, but misses the chance to double stuff that Cain could despite using a Brave Sword+. Still, +Atk Luke is basically a sword Frederick with crappier defense. +Atk Luke would have 45 total attack before Hone Cavalry or Death Blow 3. With both, he'd have 57 attack and he'd hit twice regardless because of Brave Sword. 32x2 against 25 defense units or 27x2 against 30 defense units. They're likely going to die against him. Luke would get doubled by more units and would disintegrate from magic, but he hits as hard as Eliwood and would be able to avoid damage from most units.

In my opinion, Eldigan and Xander are the best defensive sword cavaliers because of their legendary weapons giving them so much; Eldigan has a legendary Slaying Edge giving him more damage and letting him use Bonfire or even Ignis very well and Xander has a Distant Counter sword. For offense, I'd say Cain and Luke, Seth, and then Eliwood. Eliwood's Durandal is cool, but Brave Sword is more practical and you have Cain and Luke who have better attack and/or speed. Even Seth would be fine since he can take hits from physical units if needed unlike Eliwood who might not make it. Also, Brave Sword Eldigan, Xander, and Stahl work too, but I'd rather keep Mystletainn, Siegfried, and figure out something else for Stahl. And one more thing, at the moment, Firesweep Sword would theoretically be the best on Cain and slightly worse on Seth unless a sword cavalier is introduced with Peri's 33 attack and speed or Roderick's 31 attack and 34 speed.

Not saying Eliwood isn't good, but I don't think he's as good as Xander which you can't really compare since they're doing different things or the default Brave Sword cavaliers.

Anyway, Guidance is a pain in the butt. It annoyed me on the paralogue chapters since Amelia or whoever would just drop right in destroying everything. Giving up buffs or debuffs for ally mobility... I can see it being very annoying in the future Tempest Trials. Man, imagine being on a map where Amelia, Effie, and Hector were near Tana. She'd be like the helicopters in mecha anime, films, and games where they airlift mechs and drop them down onto a place.

Edit: And I just realized that Guidance might be able to combo off of Escape Route and Wings of Mercy. Oh joy...

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I pulled a +HP -Def Gray this morning. I'm now gonna be pulling off those nasty douple SP + sword valor combos :p

I wanted to go ahead and get Delthea as fast as possible. I kid you not, on my first pull, I got a 5 star . . . Ephraim. Wow, ok.

Anyway, this new is +Atk -Res, While Poodin's current Ephraim is +Spe -Def. the old one has a better boone, but this new one has a better bane, imo. thoughts?

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I wanted to go ahead and get Delthea as fast as possible. I kid you not, on my first pull, I got a 5 star . . . Ephraim. Wow, ok.

Anyway, this new is +Atk -Res, While Poodin's current Ephraim is +Spe -Def. the old one has a better boone, but this new one has a better bane, imo. thoughts?

I'd go with the +Atk -Res one but it's up to you.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I pulled a +HP -Def Gray this morning. I'm now gonna be pulling off those nasty douple SP + sword valor combos :p

+ATK is the way better option. You can also give him Fortess DEF for the lulz. Then build him like Eirika so he can be a buffer for a Blade Tomer without being stuck with JUST Eirika to choose from.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
30k points and a Clive. I have two of them. Does that make them Clives or Cloves? 298/300 units. I really need to get rid +20 of them.

You have a choice between 38 base attack plus his 16 MT lance for 54 total attack at the cost of lowering his already bad resistance or you let him have 29 base speed which, with a speed buff, could give him 33 speed, but he might be better off giving speed buffs to his allies/-blade tome mages at the cost of you dropping him to 29 defense which is all right, but not so great.

Ephraim is bulky enough to take hits, so getting doubled isn't a problem. If you make him into a support unit, you could go with something like T-Adept 3 and Lancebreaker 3. Reds, especially swords, become a joke to him even if he gets doubled and lance units can't double him while he wrecks them with his high attack. Just keep him away from greens, mages, and any red running Cancel Affinity.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Burgundy's Husbando mains. How's everyone doing? :4wiifitm:

It's my birthday today, so I've now hit 24. Jeez, I feel old now compared to the rest on this community. But I didn't really get much, since I had trouble figuring out what I wanted. So I just got some money, two shirts (A Rick & Morty shirt that parodies Star Wars, and a very simplistic shirt of Mario holding a Fire Flower).

And I got the Celica Amiibo too. :yeahboi:

Bit late on this too, but Pokemon Shuffle has Tapu Lele and Mega Beedrill now appearing. Dunno why I'm still playing this, since all I'm doing is lurking around the Special Stages for new Pokemon to catch and items to get. Survival Mode is still really difficult.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I have watched this literally every single day since Lily released it. Help me.

I mean...technically you aren't wrong I guess...but we all know who the real husbando in Smash is :4dedede:
Didn't even notice that. Male Wii Fit Trainer is the worst male character in smash if we're talking husbandos. He's just lame.
That's funny~ I could've sworn that M!Robin's in the game and has already claimed that title. He's basically male Zelda. :^)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
There's a bug with Amelia where she doesn't give full points for her bst in the arena

Mages give higher points than she does lol

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I have watched this literally every single day since Lily released it. Help me.

That's funny~ I could've sworn that M!Robin's in the game and has already claimed that title. He's basically male Zelda. :^)
Male Robin is a cutie so he's top Tier in that regard
There's a bug with Amelia where she doesn't give full points for her bst in the arena

Mages give higher points than she does lol
Speaking of Amelia, I just realized something about Armor March. Since Armor knights have always been restricted to one space movement, the movement restriction caused by trees doesn't apply, so when Armor March is active they can move straight through trees like fliers
What a scary and tricky skill

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Male Wii Fit Trainer is the worst male character in smash if we're talking husbandos. He's just lame.
That's funny~ I could've sworn that M!Robin's in the game and has already claimed that title.

I mean when :4corrin: exists, nobody is more bland than him, except maybe miis. :4wiifitm: is a sweet boi and :4robinm:>:4robinf:.
Also throwing out :4wario2: as trash because he's repulsive.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Some kids from school got arrested for spraying F*** N****** on a black preacher's truck sunday night.

+ATK is the way better option. You can also give him Fortess DEF for the lulz. Then build him like Eirika so he can be a buffer for a Blade Tomer without being stuck with JUST Eirika to choose from.
I already have the -def +Spe one fully built with that TA Lancebreaker set that Ffamran Ffamran suggested already. All I would have to is merge and level him up all over again. I'm really running low on Threaten Def3 fodder tho. 4 star Perri's are a pain in the ass to get.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Finished Ever Oasis today.

Game is pretty fun after you get past all the handholding at the start, and I liked a lot of the puzzle ideas. A number of ideas felt like they weren't expanded on as well as they could've been though, and I was rather disappointed to find there weren't puzzles that took advantage of being able to bring two characters with the same utility (i.e. a switch puzzle utilizing two hammer characters). Only being able to bring two other party members into areas that required more than two characters worth of utility and thus having to travel back to town constantly was rather obnoxious.

Game plays something like a 3-character Legend of Zelda meets Dark Cloud. Wouldn't necessarily recommend, but there's worse ways to spend $40.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
The 4BR should make a tier list for husbandos. The bottom tier will be packed with the male counterparts of the genderswap characters, Male Robin and Male Wii Fit are definitely both awful, I just find Male Robin to be slightly better, like how Ganon is better than Zelda (IMO). However I forgot about the most atrocious of them all, Male Corrin. That is the Puff of husbandos

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
:4falcon: is a trash husbando since his entire character and personality is made from memes. :4dk: too to a lesser extent.
Also when was -> :&: <- this added?
Finished Ever Oasis today.

Game is pretty fun after you get past all the handholding at the start, and I liked a lot of the puzzle ideas. A number of ideas felt like they weren't expanded on as well as they could've been though, and I was rather disappointed to find there weren't puzzles that took advantage of being able to bring two characters with the same utility (i.e. a switch puzzle utilizing two hammer characters). Only being able to bring two other party members into areas that required more than two characters worth of utility and thus having to travel back to town constantly was rather obnoxious.

Game plays something like a 3-character Legend of Zelda meets Dark Cloud. Wouldn't necessarily recommend, but there's worse ways to spend $40.
Sounds like you finished it pretty quickly, is it really that short or is there a bunch of post-game content?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Sounds like you finished it pretty quickly, is it really that short or is there a bunch of post-game content?
There's some postgame stuff, I dunno how much.

I binged it pretty hard Sunday before posting about it, it took ~20 hours total to clear.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Gorls, poison ivy sucks

Also I may have mentioned it already, but I got a +Atk/-Def Mathilda (4Star) recently which made me really happy, cause I wanted to train Clive up with her. They're perf
Oh aaaand I promoted my Female Robin finally. I think she'll be better as a Raven Adept user than Male Robin in the long run given how common blue units are. I may give her Green Tomebreaker, or just stick with Blue Tomebreaker. Depends on how well she can take hits from Mages like Rein and Delthea. TAdept will probably make BTomeBreaker unnecessary but who knows, maybe Rein will manage to be OP still

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Melia's best girl mains. How's everyone doing? :4shulk:

About to go and watch Doug Walker's review on a film him and a friend of his looked at and also going to check out ProtonJon's 7 Player Race stream. :yeahboi:

I also missed out on watching Sakura Quest yesterday, but then again; I was watching LarryLurr stream anyways. So I can catch up on it today.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Pulled a +spd -hp Amelia, so she'll be built up during the double SP event tomorrow

37 spd on an armored unit is absolutely hilarious, and idk what IS was thinking when they made her.

My armor emblem team is super defensive (ward stacking + DC; still need a few spare hectors for Elfie and Sheena, though), so idk how I'll build Amelia. I'll probably just give her an all-out offensive build since she'll still have 47/36 def/res with the ward buffs.

It's too bad Armor March is a C skill, meaning I'd have to give up armor buffs to use it, which is not going to happen.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I pulled a +Atk/-Res Innes, which is great cause I wanted him and I needed a good Bow badly
That nature is a little weird since he has Fortress Res, which basically reverses his nature. With Fortress Res 3 he has neutral Attack and just one point less than +Res. I may keep him with it, but I'll probably give him a different B Skill. Cancel Adept is nice but Raven times aren't seen much, aside from the occasional TAdept Cecilia on horse teams

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
To be honest I could never get Ephraim to work well, so I just made a pseudo-Donnel for mkv strats
Morning Burgundy's Husbando mains. How's everyone doing? :4wiifitm:
So we main dream world dittos used to mass breed speed boost Blazikens?
:4dk: too to a lesser extent.
Uh, excuse you. Donkey Kong is wearing a tie. He is a sophisticated gentlemonkey.

The worst husbando is Ryu. You will never be as important to him as punching Akuma in the balls is.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
To be honest I could never get Ephraim to work well,
why not build him like eirika and make him a blade tome buffer? that's really the niche of the renais twins and no one else can really compare to them in that regard

to set him apart from eirika, ephraim can kinda double as a frontline tank since he has good atk and def. he can at least handle blues, which is something she can't do

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Got my 5 star Clive yay, I'll merge him into the 4 star one that I already promoted to 5 stars, then grind that one up to 40 tomorrow with that delicious 12 SP per kill.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Android 16, 17*, and 18: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/1...super-saiyan-blue-goku-vegeta-new-story-mode/! And also Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta.

Hmm, I guess I'd make a team of Android 18, Trunks, and Vegeta? Piccolo somewhere too. I doubt Bardock would be playable, so whatever on him.

As for FEH stuff, I got to 40k today, got Hardy Bearing 1, and I think I'm done with the TT. It's still a tedious grind even if having bonus units can give you a power trip. I might try to push for 50k for 4 more orbs, but eh... It's just not fun.

Quick Edit: *Apparently, Android 17 appears in one of 18's moves and they don't know if he's actually playable or not.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just got the 5* Clive

I'll probably stop after I get the Hardy Bearing seal, too

Even with the triple points, I still don't find TT to be very fun

It'd be cool if the next TT was a Sacred Stones one

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I'm at 50K right now I can get 20 more orbs left to acquire if I feel like going for it. I'm probably gonna set back. play some beats and grind away. I want to get that 99,999.

I'd bet heavily that the next TT is Sacred Stones.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Once I got Hardy Bearing, I just decided to only play the trials for the two double points bonus rounds every day. Just 4 of those at deathless or near deathless and I'm up to 47,000, so I think I can reliably grind that way
Btw, Heardy Bearing isn't as good as I thought it would be. Requiring 100% HP kinda sucks when usually you would need to beat Vantage after a couple rounds of combat, meaning most units won't have full HP by then. It could work on Renewal units but you'd have to run away a lot to get back to 100% and that won't help in the tempest
Yeah it protects against Desperation too but who would be at 100% HP when you've knocked another unit down below half? Only way I can think that would happen consistently is between physical vs magic units, and vice versa, and usually neither can counterattack the other so Hardy Bearing would be useless...maybe it's meant to be used by distant or close Counter units to fight enemies that can't counterattack? Idk

Last edited:
Top Bottom