• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Marth & Chrom went to the same school in Sakamoto Desu Ga? mains. How's everyone doing? :4marth:

I haven't tried the new survival mode, I guess I should go check it out.
And about the Shiny Tyranitar, it isn't great, but at least now rendered Hoopa-C inferior in many ways.
About its Mega form, it evolves quite fast and along with Diancie, have a massively good neutral coverage (Houndoom doesn't cut it because he's REALLY slow).
:196:
They throw Mega Evolutions at you every 2 Stages now.

Stage 2 - Mega Audino
Stage 4 - Mega Slowbro
Stage 6 - Mega Ampharos
Stage 8 - Mega Gengar

I tried using the Risk Taker + Mega Beedrill team, but I could only reach up to Mega Gengar. It's really damn tough now.

I feel like doing it Itemless is now close to impossible too.

But other than that, made more progress on my RPG. Now working on the 3rd Town you visit. With a teleporter that goes to the next town. So hopefully I can make it all work.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Today I discovered that Game Theory is still going on about FNAF even after all this time. That channel is such a shell of it's former self, I loved it up until only one year ago when it descended into FNAF hell.
THE SCIENCE OF series is a lot more entertaining to me. People don’t like how he yells, but I find it hilarious.

:150:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Holy crap! Abigail is voiced by Xander Mobus! And apparently, he also voices the protagonist in Persona 5. Abigail is such a dumb character. Everything about him is just so absurd and crazy that it's awesome. He's probably not the character anyone wanted in Street Fighter in general, but I think it's worth it just to see a giant man making car noises beating the crap out of everyone.

Out of the season 2 SFV characters, he's probably my favorite because he's so out there. Ed and Kolin make sense from a story standpoint, Abigail is just hilarious, and Akuma had to return. Be really weird if he missed out of SFV and was only playable in Tekken 7 when you think about it. That just leaves the remaining two characters and one of them is probably one of the Dolls which is eh, but she could be interesting -- I think she appeared in Ed's ending, but I don't remember, so she's probably another story reason -- and the other who people think is Garuda which would be pretty awesome considering Arika EX exists.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The SoV banners end on the 28th, so here's to hoping we get a new banner announcement tomorrow

If we don't, we're guaranteed to get one on Monday

I'm ready for some new units

pls give me a flying mage for my flier team IS

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I got permanently banned from competitive for use of "unfair hacks". I like to code but I can't even hack a toaster let alone this game. I try to appeal my ban but got it rejected in like 10 minutes. This is frickin' BS.

I guess this is what I get for playing genji in competitive I guess.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I got permanently banned from competitive for use of "unfair hacks". I like to code but I can't even hack a toaster let alone this game. I try to appeal my ban but got it rejected in like 10 minutes. This is frickin' BS.

?
They just banned you out of nowhere? Was there anything you remember doing that might've caused that?

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
pls give me a flying mage for my flier team IS
How about 2 infantry sword units, a lance cavalier, and an infantry staff user instead? We NEED more of them clearly!

You played Sombra, the LITERAL HACKER a few times, ofc u cheated.
Do you ever have ANY other programs running when playing OW?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
How about 2 infantry sword units, a lance cavalier, and an infantry staff user instead? We NEED more of them clearly!

You played Sombra, the LITERAL HACKER a few times, ofc u cheated.
Do you ever have ANY other programs running when playing OW?
We're gonna get Sumia but she's infantry now
Or even better, Calvary :^)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
We're going to get a live broadcast on the Nintendo Mobile youtube channel tomorrow at 8:30pm PT about new FEH stuff

I wonder what they'll announce other than a new banner

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
We're gonna get Sumia but she's infantry now
Or even better, Calvary :^)
Better idea: new Awakening banner featuring...
  • Say'ri (Infantry sword)
  • Yen'fay (Infantry sword)
  • Flavia (Infantry sword)
  • Sumia (Infantry healer because lol u suk)
It's perfect.

Edit: Random thought but IS please release another unit with Water Boost I need to try more of my insane shenanigans with Skill Inheritance but I'm not sacrificing Bercute.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Welp, I got caught up with New Game!!.
That got heavy quick. The first season was more light-hearted and I don't remember things being heavy until the last episode where Aoba asks Ko for an autograph. Still, that's a bit more of a happy emotional moment then season two where episodes 2 and 3 have more moments of sadness and frustration.

Season two being more serious is good, though, considering a criticism of season one was that for people expecting a Shirobako-like anime, but about video game development, New Game! was more of cute girls developing games and with humorous moments. A lot of the characters get development or we get a look at their insecurities like Hifumi continues to break out of her shell and the director lady -- I don't remember her name -- is wacky, but she still shows her regrets and that she does genuinely care about her employees even if she's kind of a pervert who loves being surrounded by cute girls.

So far my favorite thing is Umiko and Nene's interactions. It's funny and serious at the same time. Umiko mentors Nene paralleling Ko mentoring Aoba while funny because Nene's basically a troll to Umiko at times.

I hope the new characters are introduced soon. Also, secretary lady being properly introduced would be cool too since her only line so far is said in unison with Rin in agreement with a meeting decision, so it's kind of hard to make out her voice.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning F.R.I.E.N.D.S. mains. How's everyone doing? :4myfriends:

Welp, I got caught up with New Game!!.
That got heavy quick. The first season was more light-hearted and I don't remember things being heavy until the last episode where Aoba asks Ko for an autograph. Still, that's a bit more of a happy emotional moment then season two where episodes 2 and 3 have more moments of sadness and frustration.

Season two being more serious is good, though, considering a criticism of season one was that for people expecting a Shirobako-like anime, but about video game development, New Game! was more of cute girls developing games and with humorous moments. A lot of the characters get development or we get a look at their insecurities like Hifumi continues to break out of her shell and the director lady -- I don't remember her name -- is wacky, but she still shows her regrets and that she does genuinely care about her employees even if she's kind of a pervert who loves being surrounded by cute girls.

So far my favorite thing is Umiko and Nene's interactions. It's funny and serious at the same time. Umiko mentors Nene paralleling Ko mentoring Aoba while funny because Nene's basically a troll to Umiko at times.

I hope the new characters are introduced soon. Also, secretary lady being properly introduced would be cool too since her only line so far is said in unison with Rin in agreement with a meeting decision, so it's kind of hard to make out her voice.
I'm really enjoying New Game!'s 2nd Season, it's really good.

I felt bad when Ko snapped at Aoba. Don't make her cry dammit! :c

And while I know it's not gonna happen, I would love to see more flags raised for Ko x Rin. We got two hints of it in the 1st episode of the 2nd Season and two hints of it during the 1st Season.

I do like Nenecchi and Umiko's chemistry. It feels genuine but also silly at the same time. Also, do not deny her a bite of a sundae. Just. Don't.

But yeah, I do enjoy the series and I would like to see it go with some more realistic problems that Game Devs have to cope with. While I never did get too far into becoming a Games Developer (I only know basic 3D modelling, was hoping to be more of an AD and that sort of stuff.), it'll still be interesting to see how sort-of relatable the show can get with me.

Btw, I saw Larry & VoiD have a Money Match on Larry's stream. It was hilarious but also dumb. Larry went Double or Nothing and lost $100 he got in a donation. :secretkpop:
And VoiD bodied him in under 30 seconds in the 1st Set.

And I completely forgot that the Raised Flag in Disgaea 5 Complete has a hidden effect, if you have a unit equip it and go grinding, it'll boost your units stats by quite a lot; and combine this with Heavy Stance and Violence (Void's Evility), you'll get up to around 39 - 40 Million stats at Lv. 9999.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
We're going to get a live broadcast on the Nintendo Mobile youtube channel tomorrow at 8:30pm PT about new FEH stuff

I wonder what they'll announce other than a new banner
Usually they seem to save big announcements for those broadcasts. Since they announced the Tempest and the new Arena ranking system in a broadcast last time. I don't think they'll reveal a new mode, but I think we may get some kind of new mechanic. No way to know or guess what though :drshrug:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord

Hacking Overwatch to make you toast is probably easier than hacking a toaster, tbh.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

What kind of people ban Chainz before banning Zelda? Hello?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm really enjoying New Game!'s 2nd Season, it's really good.

I felt bad when Ko snapped at Aoba. Don't make her cry dammit! :c

And while I know it's not gonna happen, I would love to see more flags raised for Ko x Rin. We got two hints of it in the 1st episode of the 2nd Season and two hints of it during the 1st Season.

I do like Nenecchi and Umiko's chemistry. It feels genuine but also silly at the same time. Also, do not deny her a bite of a sundae. Just. Don't.

But yeah, I do enjoy the series and I would like to see it go with some more realistic problems that Game Devs have to cope with. While I never did get too far into becoming a Games Developer (I only know basic 3D modelling, was hoping to be more of an AD and that sort of stuff.), it'll still be interesting to see how sort-of relatable the show can get with me.
Sinister Umiko is fun. Hazuki is going to have a giant red mark on her forehead by the end of the season. :p

Something I forgot, but it's amusing that the anime and I think the manga implies Aoba is a sadist or has sadistic tendencies. You'd think this lavender twin-tail girl is all sweet and innocent, but she's not.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Finally got the hang of the Heavy Splatling and it sure is fun killing 15+ people each match lol
Originally my barrier to it was being too familiar with using Chargers. I was used to 1 Hit = Kill, so whenever I got a hit with the Splatling I would panic cause the enemy wasn't dead yet. But so far I've learned to stay at a distance and just bait people since now they don't know where I'm aiming 24/7 lol

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
new stuff from the heroes announcement:
  • new Bound Hero Battle starting August 7th with Lilina and Cecilia
  • Next GHB is Valter. He's a blue lance wyvern. Weapon is Cursed Lance (grants Attack/Speed +2 and accelerates Special charge by -1; uninheritable). He's coming late August
  • Next TT is SoV. Starts on August 11
  • New option in settings for Auto Battle to continue across multi-map battles
  • More lower level options for TT
  • Double points for TT for the first 2 battles of each day
  • Clive is the next TT reward unit (he's basically Berkut with like 3 extra spd, so rip)
  • Bonus allies get boosted stats and double sp/exp
  • Version 1.6: new arena where you go straight into the next battle called Arena Assault (similar to Squad Assault rules); Arena Assault features special items that can heal allies/damage enemies, etc.; Sacred Coins are a new item, but their use isn't going to be revealed yet; Arena Assault coming August 8th; Catalog of Heroes is basically a pokedex for the summonable heroes; Max Hero limit up to 3k, changes to Training Tower
  • Nohrian Summer banner; green flower (hibiscus?) tome elise , red tomato mage leon (lol), axe marx, BLUE TOME FLIER F!CORRIN **** YES; starting july 28 (3 hours from now)
  • marx's summer art looked really awful from the preview tbh ripriprip
  • beach gauntlet starting august 1
  • 6 month anniversary on august 2; get ready for a lot of special events; log in bonus of 2 orbs per day, going to be offered twice, so a total of 40 orbs; daily quests, SACRED SEAL QUESTS
  • Hero Fest #2 on august 10th, no preview of which units it'll have; 5% summon rate
  • another log-in bonus, so a total of 60 orbs
  • appearance rate of 3* and 4* units swapped starting august 7 (4* units will have a ~58% chance of being summoned)
  • free first summon for all events beginning on august 7th (i couldn't tell if this was a permanent thing or not)

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
  • Nohrian Summer banner; tome elise, tomato leon, i think bow marx?, BLUE TOME FLIER CORRIN **** YES; starting july 28 (3 hours from now)

Marx is an Axe User. He hits people with a giant fish. Lilith is finally good for something!

Leon is still a red mage.

Elise is a green mage.

Dragon Riding Dragon is getting all my orbs...at some point. I might wait to see who comes out in the Hero Fest.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Blue Tome Flier Corrin is everything I wanted from the announcement tbh

But blue is already the most contested color on a flier emblem team, so that's kinda lame

Good thing tomorrow is double SP so i can get Hone/Fortify Fliers on my gorls now (didn't have a need for them before since I didn't have any blade tome users)

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I like all these new updates :D I wanna like Summer Xander but he looks so scrawny
Idk if I'll invest too much into this banner though. I still haven't even played fates lol
Also next Voting Gauntlet is 100% just a Robin vs Corrin fight

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
summer corrin's artwork is absolutely gorgeous

summer marx's art is bad. wtf is that face. how could they ruin my husbando like that. unless he's super op or something, i doubt i'll pull for him. i love marx, but that art is too bad to use

i love how they have fully embraced the memes at this point and just gave leon a straight-up tomato tome

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Next GHB is Valter. He's a blue lancer wyvern. Weapon is Cursed Lance. He's coming late August
Oooh, they referenced his backstory in Sacred Stones. Not really spoiler-y, but it basically explains why he's even more vicious and crazy.
In Sacred Stones, Duessel's owns two special lances. One of them he kind of treats like the Buster Sword was treated by Angeal in Crisis Core, a weapon to never use unless absolutely because of its craftsmanship. The other has been in his family for ages and is basically a cursed weapon. At some point before SS's story, Valter breaks his own, probably regular lance and uses Duessel's cursed lance driving him even more insane.

I never played SS up to the point of Valter, but I don't think he actually wields the lance. The wiki says he only has a Silver Lance and a Spear on both normal and hard mode. And I don't know how far the story of the cursed lance is elaborated, but if it was a one and done thing like Valter used it to protect himself and returned it to Duessel since apparently Duessel wanted to give it to Cormag for safe keeping as he doesn't have children, then that makes sense why Valter doesn't have a unique weapon when fought. If not, then it could be story fluff or an oversight that might have not been necessary like Gilliam being left-handed.

Oh, cool, Leo's a tomato mage. Watch me not get him. Xander's on track of covering all the seasons. All he needs is an autumn and winter version of him and there you go, Four Seasons of Big Brother Xander.

Anyway, listening to Ed's theme from SFV and I really like it. It's just catchy and fits Ed in a sense of rap and music in general being a dialogue. For a new character who has plot-relevance -- dude's supposed to be a replacement body for M. Bison and if that's not plot-relevant, then I don't know what is --, having lyrics tell a part of him works. I wonder if anyone's ever remixed it or covered it. Couldn't find any. Abigail's theme is heavy metal and apparently it's based on or is a remix of his boss fight theme in Final Fight.

Also, looked into Under Night In-Birth. If I were to play it, I think I'd want to play as Eltnum, Hilda, or Nanase. Maybe Yuzuhira, but apparently she's really difficult to use -- that Vergil gameplay, though.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
i love how they have fully embraced the memes at this point and just gave leon a straight-up tomato tome
inb4 Takumi's Halloween costume is literally just a pineapple suit.

That said, I'm really hoping Marx and Elise are good; outside of limited events, there's never really a good reason to ever summon green.

EDIT: Apparently there were silhouettes for the Hero Fest that I didn't even notice and it's already been solved; it looks like Ike, Ninian, Genny, and Julia.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm glad I'm actually at a point in Sacred Stones so that I know who Valter is. I need to work on beating it since Valter is likely a tease for more SS characters

inb4 Takumi's Halloween costume is literally just a pineapple suit.

That said, I'm really hoping Marx and Elise are good; outside of limited events, there's never really a good reason to ever summon green.

EDIT: Apparently there were silhouettes for the Hero Fest that I didn't even notice and it's already been solved; it looks like Ike, Ninian, Genny, and Julia.
Soooo top tiers. Sounds about right. All I want out of them is Genny. I'm not no top tier sellout >: (
...course one day we'll get Bara Ike and I'll spend everything I have for him
Besides I have Sonya, who needs Julia anyways

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Next GHB is Valter. He's a blue lance wyvern. Weapon is Cursed Lance (grants Attack/Speed +2 and accelerates Special charge by -1; uninheritable).
Not Valter's Lance+, 10/10 IS you finally learned from your mistakes.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not Valter's Lance+, 10/10 IS you finally learned from your mistakes.
The irony when Berkut has a unique weapon associated with him even though it's a massive, burning spoiler for Echoes -- not like something wasn't blatantly spoiled *cough*Sonya's dad*cough* in Heroes -- while Valter doesn't even have a unique weapon since his Cursed Lance in Heroes is based on back story stuff in Sacred Stones that probably wasn't important enough or the developers just forgot or didn't have time to make for him in Sacred Stones. Oh, and Vaida had a buffed Spear in Blazing Sword as a boss. Meanwhile, Valter only had a regular Silver Lance and Spear as a boss. :p

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Sacred stones has some very cool characters. I hope more characters come our way.

Out of the playable cast, I'd like for these boys to come thru.
  • Tana
  • Innes
  • Joshua
  • Marisa
  • Seth
  • Cormag
  • Myrrh
These guys could also make some neat ghb units
  • Caellach
  • Riev or Selena

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also, looked into Under Night In-Birth. If I were to play it, I think I'd want to play as Eltnum, Hilda, or Nanase. Maybe Yuzuhira, but apparently she's really difficult to use -- that Vergil gameplay, though.
Old Yuzu used to be a really dumb character. I hear she's a lot worse now, but I haven't followed the game in years. Eltnum is fun to watch, but I couldn't play her in Melty Blood so I assume I wouldn't be able to in UNiB either.

I ran into the problem where I would've wanted to play Vatista...except she's a charge character. So I never actually got any version of the game.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I'm so hyped for all the updates idk where to begin

- I like all the Nohrian Scum, but I'm only in it primarily for Flier Emblem and G Tome Valor
- If the Hero Fest predictions are accurate, Ninian and Heavy Blade seem worthwhile, Not Sonya can get out tbh
- RIP people who invested into the new Echoes focuses only for the best characters to be condensed into one
- Otherwise, the Tempest updates sound awesome, Attack Ploy will be useful and having a bonus hero sounds kek tier
- The new summoning changes are incredibly generous, now everyone can get Reinhardt easier :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Old Yuzu used to be a really dumb character. I hear she's a lot worse now, but I haven't followed the game in years. Eltnum is fun to watch, but I couldn't play her in Melty Blood so I assume I wouldn't be able to in UNiB either.

I ran into the problem where I would've wanted to play Vatista...except she's a charge character. So I never actually got any version of the game.
Just got curious about the game since it's going to be part of the Blazblue, UNIEL, RWBY, and I think I'm missing another crossover fest.

I watched a video that did a quick rundown of the characters, but it's a year old -- it's missing some of the newer characters like Mika and Phonon -- and it's only one video with one guy's opinion. This video if you're curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTkoGP-0Z-s. Just tried to find a recent video on UNIEL.

Yuzuhira was said to be difficult to play since you can easily drop combos and mess up stuff if you don't get her stance mechanic working well or something and Eltnum apparently has hard combos, but is apparently straightforward. I like Hilda's design, but her gameplay might not be for me since projectile zoning wasn't something I was ever keen on or good at. So, that leaves Nanase who's pretty straightforward and can jump cancel stuff according to the wiki. All I could think by that point is that Nanase is like a tsundere, girl Dante to me.

There's also another problem which Blazblue and Guilty Gear as has is that the most recent release usually are console while PC is usually behind.

Also, Merkava's theme is cool.

Edit: I just realized that it's 1:36 in the morning and FEH refreshes at 2:00. Eh, guess I'll stay up a bit more for the banner to go up.

Now that I think of it, while it would be nice to get summer Leo who would be really helpful as red mage, I kind of don't want him. I might just try to get summer F!Corrin and call it a banner. Flying mage in general vs. red mage. Terrible luck with red mages and I'd rather try a shot at getting Celica assuming she's going to be on the next TT banner. Nobody knows when a regular flying mage will be available, so might as well try to get one.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: First summon of the Nohrian Summer banner.
4* Abel: +Atk, -Def. Sweet. Probably better than +Spd, -Atk.

4* Chrom: +Atk, -Spd. I think -Res would have been safer, but holy hell, +Atk is awesome on him. Brash Assault shenanigans, go!

3* Eliwood: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Lachesis: +HP, -Res.

4* Lukas: +HP, -Res. I don't think I really want anything from him other than Fortress Def for my +Spd, -Def Azama, but I don't use Azama much, so... Eh, no harm in giving him Fortress Def 2 or maybe 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom