• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Ur all wonderful ppl.

Also, have a snickers.

You all get existential when you're hungry.

But do we really choose anything?

Does free will truly exist or are all of our "choices" predetermined?
I woke up super sick today, so I grabbed some chairs and blankets and turned my couch into a blanket fort to nap in. It was very comfortable. 9.5/10, would stay at again.

Are blanket forts predetermined? Were there forces beyond the control of mortal men that led to me acquiring the necessary materials in the last three years to properly construct such a marvel? An invisible hand guiding the world in such a way, just as a means to the end that is a blanket fort?

But more importantly, what would you rather have; the answers to the questions above, or a kick ass blanket fort?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Personally, I believe in Azama. :p

This is probably why I hate him so much.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
20K feathers again...not enthusiastic about the innaccurate rainbow as I was before, since I need good natures for them all before I can do anything, so I dunno who to promote. My thoughts are Female Robin, or Female Corrin to give my Young Tiki Dark Breath+. I know the usual is Lightning Breath, but since my Tiki won't be hitting hard anyways, I thought she could be a debuffer.
do any of you gorls watch game of thrones
Ew

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
20K feathers again...not enthusiastic about the innaccurate rainbow as I was before, since I need good natures for them all before I can do anything, so I dunno who to promote. My thoughts are Female Robin, or Female Corrin to give my Young Tiki Dark Breath+. I know the usual is Lightning Breath, but since my Tiki won't be hitting hard anyways, I thought she could be a debuffer.

Ew
I'd just wait tbh

:150:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
F!Robin isn't very good and requires a 40k feather investment to not be the worst green mage in the game (even then, that's debatable)

As for Y!Tiki, I would give her Lighting Breath+ since built-in DC on an easily inheritable weapon is one of the main draws to dragon units. Just give her a good A slot skill like Fury to make up for her atk bane imo

But tbh you should probs just hold onto your feathers for now

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
F!Robin isn't very good and requires a 40k feather investment to not be the worst green mage in the game (even then, that's debatable)

As for Y!Tiki, I would give her Lighting Breath+ since built-in DC on an easily inheritable weapon is one of the main draws to dragon units. Just give her a good A slot skill like Fury to make up for her atk bane imo

But tbh you should probs just hold onto your feathers for now
Idc that she isn't Nino or Julia, I just like her. And I'm well aware of how much investment she needs. The only thing keeping me from doing it is cause I have Sonya, Blade Cecilia, and Spring Camilla already, so I'm not hurting for green Mages
I know that lightning breath is the standard but Tiki is already gonna be doing mediocre damage, and will mostly be a kinda speedy tank, so debuffs might help her more than DC.
Dark Breath also doesn't increase her special charge so she could go Dark Breath / Fury / Moonbow and do decent damage. No DC but again, I don't think it's a must for her. Plus I'm tired of always doing the default best sets anyways.
Anyways idk, I could hold onto my feathers but what for? I don't have many other units I'm waiting for other than the Off Color team, and that could end up being like Sophia and taking a couple months. Dark Breath Tiki seems like the most attractive option for me atm, since if I get a Summer Xander like I want I could make an Infantry team with the dragons using Infantry Pulse

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Thanks, game, totally needed another Jagen and once again, red mages apparently do not exist. There were even 3 freaking red orbs! Just give me a not -Atk or -Spd 4* Lilina or Tharja! *proceeds to get a -Everything 3* Sophia in the next summon*

3* Arthur: +Atk, -Def.

3* Draug: +Def, -Spd. I have so many Ward Armors and I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, especially since I don't have an axe knight to cover blues. All I have are Draug, Effie, Gwendolyn, and Zephiel. Garon GHB when...

3* Jagen: neutral.

3* Lon'qu: +Def, -Atk. Great, more Vantage and more crappy nature Lon'qu.

3* adult Tiki: +Atk, -Res.

Well, at least I got another adult Tiki. -Res, though... Maybe -Spd would have been better. Cool, the opposite wish of +Atk, -Spd Chrom.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
FINALLY GOT A SUMMER UNIT, GAIUS CAME TO ME JUST A FEW HOURS BEFORE THE BANNER ENDS

ALSO HE'S +HP -SPD THANKS GAME

So now I'm looking at using him for skill fodder and I'm kinda hooked on the idea of Defense Ploy Felicia, it sounds pretty fun.
I don't have a +Atk Felicia so looking around at what I had, this was the next best idea.
+Res -HP Felicia
Weapon: Smoke Dagger+ (I barely see any infantry units in arena anymore so this seems like the next best choice)
Assist: Drag Back or smth
Special: Iceberg/Glacies
A slot: Life & Death 3 (She needs an attack boost and 42 speed is delicious. Def gets lowered but it doesn't matter for her, and her Res is still at 33 so she can still use Def Ploy and Iceberg/Glacies well)
B slot: Desperation maybe?
C slot: Def Ploy 3

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
And we're back. Good job everyone, we made it through the existential crisis without any answers!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
FINALLY GOT A SUMMER UNIT, GAIUS CAME TO ME JUST A FEW HOURS BEFORE THE BANNER ENDS

ALSO HE'S +HP -SPD THANKS GAME

So now I'm looking at using him for skill fodder and I'm kinda hooked on the idea of Defense Ploy Felicia, it sounds pretty fun.
I don't have a +Atk Felicia so looking around at what I had, this was the next best idea.
+Res -HP Felicia
Weapon: Smoke Dagger+ (I barely see any infantry units in arena anymore so this seems like the next best choice)
Assist: Drag Back or smth
Special: Iceberg/Glacies
A slot: Life & Death 3 (She needs an attack boost and 42 speed is delicious. Def gets lowered but it doesn't matter for her, and her Res is still at 33 so she can still use Def Ploy and Iceberg/Glacies well)
B slot: Desperation maybe?
C slot: Def Ploy 3
Felicia might be better off not running L&D3 for the attack boost since she's not that great at killing stuff in general. Might want to wait for Kaze or some other thief to come in with still good resistance and speed, but better attack. Felicia's the worst offensive thief, but she's probably the best defensive thief since physical tanking isn't that great for ranged units compared to tanking mages.

That one build of Felicia with Distant Defense and Windsweep might be safer. That's a different build though since it's a pure defense build where the main idea is for Felicia to just tank magic, build up her Glacies charge, and having Windsweep to let her safely attack archers, thieves, and any unit running Distant Counter and/or Vantage since she's likely going to be faster than them. The obvious problem is that you'd need a spare Alm and Celica for this build.

I think it was something like this.
+Res or +Atk, -HP or -Def
Weapon: Rogue Dagger+
Assist: Any can probably work
Special: Glacies
A-slot: Distant Def 3
B-slot: Windsweep 3
C-slot: Atk or Def Ploy 3

I think you could use Smoke Dagger if you want her to debuff other units, but Rogue Dagger+ would stack with Distant Def 3. She would just need to attack anyone and she'd have if neutral, 23 defense and 40 resistance after combat or if attacked, she'd have 24 defense and 41 resistance. After Rogue Dagger+'s effect and when attacked by ranged units, she'd have effective 29 defense and 46 resistance. With 37 speed, you'd need 42 speed, Daggerbreaker, or Assassin's Bow to double her. To one-shot her, you'd need to do 58 physical or 75 magical. After Rogue Dagger+, 63 physical or 80 magical. If you can double, then 41x2 physical or 58x2 magical before RD+ and 46x2 physical or 63x2 magical after RD+.

Also, Glacies does get more damage from Distant Defense since it's kind of like if someone had Death Blow and activated Dragon Fang. Anyway, that's where most of her damage comes from in this build. Even without RD+, she gets 32 fixed damage from Glacies if anyone attacks her. With RD+, Glacies would do 36 damage. All of this is on top of her 30 total attack with RD+'s 7 MT and most units have 25-ish defense, so...

Considering that most daggers debuff defense and resistance, it might be better to run Atk Ploy to lower the damage she takes in this case since Def Ploy wouldn't stack with its effects.

And for the record, =Res Felicia running this build can bait and counter-kill a +Atk Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 and a Hone Cavalry buff. Getting him caught in Atk Ploy would make this way safer. Basically, Reinhardt charges her Glacies which lets her explode him on her turn. If she were -Res -- why? -- or if he had one Goad Cavalry, she dies. -Res would never survive even with Atk Ploy dropping his damage without resistance buffs.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon This Character is Perfect mains. How's everyone doing? :4dedede:

Decided to check out a streamer named DesertP since I wanted to see if someone was streaming Grandia. And he was, he sounds like a combination Vinny, Joel, Rev and other funny YouTubers. :yeahboi:

*Sees lizard symbol in Sult Ruins*
"IS THAT A LIZARD!? THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE. 10/10 BEST GAME!"

Speaking of which, I checked on Amazon how much it would cost for a Sega Saturn, Action Replay and both Grandia and Digital Museum. It is a decent price, but I'm going to hold off from it.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I joined team Summer Corrin because she's the only one that I have trained up (although I'm still grinding SP for her final few skills)

Palla is my lead unit of any of you want to join my team

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm on team Freddy ofc I'm sendin out Robin, Hector, Alm, and Amy own Freddy, let's beat Gaius's scrawny ass
Also bless the person on my team sending out +10 Ryoma

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yay, SF!Robin vs. Tikini... This is like Cherche vs. Cordelia again. I don't get to win.

Team melon masher by the way because dragon waifus are the best... Oh, wait, Robin's technically a dragon too and so is Corrin. Aren't the Fates royals technically related to dragons too? That would make Leo a tomato dragon husbando... Er... Anyway, I just got Wrys to level 40. I am not that evil to set him as my leader. :p

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I summoned another Hector surprisingly...+Atk/-Res which is better than +Def/-HP I think. I'll calc it later but I have Distant Counter fodder now.
I wanted Infantry Pulse but this is good too :D
Now to consider who gets it. Back during Hero Fest I wanted it to be Sharena but idk now, I'll think about it
Oh and I got Boey too :D
Edit: aw damn but he's +HP/-Atk. Not unsalvageable but I'll probably just use him to give Earth Boost

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I summoned another Minerva on poodin’s account. It’s +Def -Res, while the one he has is +Hp -Res. Should I just use the one I got as LnD 3 fodder? Or should I merge the old one into my new one?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hey, guess what, gorls? I'm going to jail!
Also, the game trolled me again with red mages.

5* summer Elise: +HP, -Res.

3* Eliwood: +Spd, -Def.

4* Fae: +Atk, -HP. Uh... Isn't this one of her best boon and bane combos?

4* Rebecca: +HP, -Def.

4* Sakura: +HP, -Spd. Oh... yay, -Spd...

Let's see, a loli dragon, a loli in a swimsuit, and Sakura who is the lesser of those evils, but still. Yep, I am totally going to jail. Also, didn't screenshot it, but they formed a triangle on the summoning circle thingie. Well, on the bright side, I finally have Fae and I think +Atk, -HP might be one of her best boon and bane combos. It was either +Atk or +Spd and -HP.

Anyway, Cordelia and F!Robin were announced as playable characters in FE Warriors: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/0...dds-cordelia-female-robin-permadeath-feature/.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I summoned another Minerva on poodin’s account. It’s +Def -Res, while the one he has is +Hp -Res. Should I just use the one I got as LnD 3 fodder? Or should I merge the old one into my new one?

I'd go with merging, and keeping the +Def one while the +HP one is used for the merge.
Anyway, Cordelia and F!Robin were announced as playable characters in FE Warriors: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/0...dds-cordelia-female-robin-permadeath-feature/.
F!Robin looks to be a costume change for M!Robin, but who knows, she could be a different character entirely. M!Robin is still the better one though.
And Cordy coming as our first Flier and first Lance unit! And since promotions are conformed to be in the game, I wonder of Dark Flier Cordy will be able to use a mix of her Lance and Tome, because that sounds super fun to use.
There is the side of me that for the most part is more concerned about how each character plays rather than who they are, but I really hope these are the last Awakening characters because this is getting to be a bit too much now. The only exception is if they add Valdar or Walhart or any other Awakening villain to the game, but no more "good guy" Awakening characters please (although Tharja still has a high chance of getting in because she a thoT). Also now that it's August and the game should be coming out fairly soon, we should be getting plenty more info on it this month, and potentially a Direct like HW had?

@ FE Heroes: Team Freddy, sent out Alm, now go troll every Vantage Ryoma that you see.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
There is the side of me that for the most part is more concerned about how each character plays rather than who they are, but I really hope these are the last Awakening characters because this is getting to be a bit too much now. The only exception is if they add Valdar or Walhart or any other Awakening villain to the game, but no more "good guy" Awakening characters please (although Tharja still has a high chance of getting in because she a thoT). Also now that it's August and the game should be coming out fairly soon, we should be getting plenty more info on it this month, and potentially a Direct like HW had?
I'd be fine with Virion still, in terms of Awakening characters.

It's great that Cordelia checks off the Lancer, Flier, and Cordelia boxes on my wishlist, but I would like an Archer to show up next. Tharja would be fine too, I just wouldn't really care either way for her.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
although I am disappointed, it's not like it's a surprise that the fe warriors cast is basically all fates/awakening characters

fates and awakening are the reason that a lot of people got into the series (and awakening is pretty much the reason the franchise still exists), so there were bound to be tons of characters from those two games

i'm fully expecting a billion dlc packs for the game like there were for hyrule warriors. that way, they can release the base game with mostly fates/awakening characters, then drop jugdral/magvel/archanea/valentia/etc. packs for the people who are fans of those games, and make even more money in the process

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I could make Distant Counter/Quick Riposte Berkut easily now... that might be what I do
Hey, guess what, gorls? I'm going to jail!
Also, the game trolled me again with red mages.

5* summer Elise: +HP, -Res.

3* Eliwood: +Spd, -Def.

4* Fae: +Atk, -HP. Uh... Isn't this one of her best boon and bane combos?

4* Rebecca: +HP, -Def.

4* Sakura: +HP, -Spd. Oh... yay, -Spd...

Let's see, a loli dragon, a loli in a swimsuit, and Sakura who is the worst of those evils, but still. Yep, I am totally going to jail. Also, didn't screenshot it, but they formed a triangle on the summoning circle thingie. Well, on the bright side, I finally have Fae and I think +Atk, -HP might be one of her best boon and bane combos. It was either +Atk or +Spd and -HP.

Female Robin gives me hope for Male Corrin so this is good

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Idk if anyone remembers me but I just wanted to drop in and say hi long time no see bc I can't believe this place still exists!!! omg

Also has Zelda been banned yet?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
They really should add Aversa and Reina. As much as people might not like Awakening/Archanea and Fates overshadowing Elibe, Jugdral, and Magvel, Aversa, Camilla, and Reina are the only canon flying ranged units so far in the FE games. The only alternatives are units who can promote into those classes, the Cipher characters, an original character for Warriors, or a future unit in FE Switch or whatever.

I would really like Cherche, though. Camilla's gameplay hasn't been revealed, but if the developers give her an axe and magic style of gameplay, then Cherche could go all-out melee to be different. Cordelia's already in, so whatever and Tiki or any of the manaketes would be pretty unique. It would be nice for Severa/Selena to be in and she is canonically a Bow Knight in Birthright, but there are the Archanea Bow Knights who probably deserve the attention. Owain/Odin would be awesome just for his voice lines, but he has the problem of being two classes that are very common, so they would need to do something really different for him.

Also, this is dumb, but I kind of want them to drop in Link or Zelda as DLC in the future just for fun. Probably won't happen.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Idk if anyone remembers me but I just wanted to drop in and say hi long time no see bc I can't believe this place still exists!!! omg

Who?

Oh wait... now I remember.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Just so you know, on puddin's account I joined team freddy and I'm sending out his +10 takumi

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning edgy Kirby mains. How's everyone doing? :4metaknight:

Just checking some Clips of the Sm4sh Weekly at Xanadu since I ain't got much to do. Also, my sister and her boyfriend will be visiting in two weeks for my birthday. So it'll be great to see them again. :yeahboi:

I've already reached the point of Disgaea 5 Complete where I'm grinding shards just to get my units more powerful. Being having a powerful Sage, go to Carnage Double Fake (Which has 100 Asagis) and just use Land Decimator (While having the Twin Dragon evility equipped too). It takes time, but hey; its worth it.

Also got to watching Tsurezure Children, Aho Girl and NEW GAME!! yesterday; I really did like episode 3, it was nice and did show some struggles with some of the cast in New Game!. Aho Girl was just dumb as hell but hilarious and Tsurezure Children had some good funny moments too. Hopefully they'll continue to do really well.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'll buy a switch when Nintendo actually has some in stock

There's no way I'm going to a scalper to pay $100 over MSRP

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I don't have the money to buy a switch rn, so I don't mind waiting

I hope they announce an improved version of the switch soon that fixes all of the bugs and stuff from launch

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I'm 100% with Lorde Lorde on the whole Switch thing. Ya boi is broke. I'll get used games 6 months after release and that's usually it. I have to budget my addiction somehow... except I couldn't wait for Nier Automata and it's one of the best games I've ever played and probably will ever play, ever. Game of the console generation for me.

No gorl, the meta is STILL behind after all these years. Not even Zero can comprehend Zelda's power despite his own power. :secretkpop:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
ATLUS just announced Persona Q 2. We know nothing about other than a picture of a hat with eyeballs but I already love it.

They've also announced two sequels to Persona 4: Dancing All Night; Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night. Both look better than Dancing All Night did, but they'll require me to get another Vita game, so...

Game of the console generation for me.
Platinum Games has already teased Bayo 1 and 2 and Wonderful 101 coming to the switch. I'm hoping by the time I actually get one, Nier Automata is on it.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Holy cow the thread is alive. I miss being in here all the time.

Just paying a visit to the old place I called home. Howdy ya'll

Top Bottom