• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Scale Tipper mains. How's everyoene doing? :4robinm:

Sinister Umiko is fun. Hazuki is going to have a giant red mark on her forehead by the end of the season. :p

Something I forgot, but it's amusing that the anime and I think the manga implies Aoba is a sadist or has sadistic tendencies. You'd think this lavender twin-tail girl is all sweet and innocent, but she's not.
Hah. Sadly, I'm a week behind since I'm watching it on CR as a Freenium User. But as long as I give them their revenue, I'll be happy. Also, earlier this month, they announced the English Dubbing cast for New Game!. Hopefully the cast will be good.

Hazuki probably enjoys her sinister side anyway, why do you think she made her company nothing but women? :secretkpop:

I do like how the 2nd Episode of NEW GAME!! did have some realistic stuff happen, and hopecully they'll slowly give us some more bits of reality in the 3rd episode (I haven't watched it yet, but I'm expecting more of what we got in the 2nd Episode).

I've also been checking out another anime that's about video games called GAMERS!. There are so many references to games in it, it's crazy imo.

They showed off in the pilot, a poster of Under Night In-Birth, gameplay of Puzzles & Dragons, Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 and a knock off version of CSGO.

2nd Episode where they showed the OP. They referenced:
House of the Dead
Parodius
Smash Wii U
Super Mario Bros.
A Rhythm Game
Visual Novels
Street Fighter 2
Dragon Quest
Persona 4 Ultimax Hold
Tales of Phantasia

And strangely after seeing the 2nd Episode, I'm starting to like it. Hopefully it'll continue being good later on.

I've also been thinking about Blazblue Cross Tag Battle recently now. More specifically on what kind of characters I'm expecting and wanting to be in the game. :V

Blazblue:
Taokaka, Tager, Bang, Litchi, Kokonoe*, Hazama, Izanami
P4A:
Chie, Yosuke, Teddie, Kanji, Naoto, Yukiko
UNIEL[st]:
Linne, Seth, Waldestein, Merkava*, Hilda, Vatista, Mika
RWBY:
Weiss, Blanc, Yang, Qrow, Penny, Neo

I doubt Kokonoe will be in even though I would like to have her make an appearance as a fighter, mainly due to some of her setups. Merkava because his range is dope af. I would like Sion/Eltnum appear, but it isn't going to happen, since they're owned by Type-MOON.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
At first when they said "1 free summon" I assumed they meant 1 free full summon of 5 characters cause I'm used to calling that 1 summon, but it's almost 100% just gonna be 1 free summon of 1 character. That's still not bad in the slightest, though. It means you'll only have to spent 15 orbs the first time around

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I got Summer Corrin on the first blue stone I summoned on

It's too bad she's +res -spd, but I still have over a month to get a better one, so I'm okay with it

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Gave Hone Fliers (from the spare Hinoka I've had since Camus' GHB Banner) to Palla, and Fortify Fliers to Cherche, so my Flier Emblem team will be ready to go once I build up Corrin

Idk what to give her, though. I could always do a basic L&D3/Desperation build since her defenses are bad regardless, but my whole team is already super squishy so idk if I want to go that route or not. I'll figure it out

Valter looks really good. His lance is basically the best in the game (basically killer lance + Fury 2's offensive boosts in one weapon, but with 16 mt), and his stat spread is looking to be pretty good. His stats will most likely end up being something like 42 hp/32 atk/31 spd/35 def/19 res with another 1 or 2 points taken off somewhere else.

Also, Valter's wyvern has the smooth-skinned design from FE8, which is a cool touch. Free Panic Ploy is gud, too

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Not giving context for this

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also, Valter's wyvern has the smooth-skinned design from FE8, which is a cool touch. Free Panic Ploy is gud, too
I love that about his wyvern. It looks so cute being all smooth and stuff, but it's probably vicious as hell. Possibly creepy too since you'd have this really smooth, maybe slimy-looking wyvern just looking at you.

Leveling up 4* Jagen was godawful and the game was hellbent on giving me only reds and blues in the upper stratums making it even more difficult to level up 4* Stahl and 5* Tobin who got benched for Jagen and Stahl a bit. Tobin's a big boy and he can handle not being leveled compared to Mr. Fortify Cavalry and Mr. Average, but Useful F2P (Strategy) Unit. At first, it started out all right, but by the time he got to his mid-30's, it dawned on me that Jagen felt more like a 3* unit not a 4*. -Atk 4* Rebecca and Setsuna were easier to level up since at least they're still effective against fliers and they're fast.

Most of the times when I leveled up healers alongside units at level 1, they kind of trail off around level 30 and I drop them since they still level up kind of slow and I need units who can actually take hits and deal damage. Wrys became really useful so that Jagen wouldn't drop dead with his HP constantly draining from Fury 2 and Jagen's also crappy defense. It wouldn't be that crappy if he had decent speed to not get doubled or decent HP so he has more bulk. I get that veteran or older characters are supposed to have crappier growths and perhaps even base stats in the FE games, but Heroes is kind of different. Jagen really is gimped when he has a ranged unit's BST and his stat spread is also pretty crappy. If you wanted magic wall, Mathilda, Peri, and even Sully do it better. If Jagen had high HP, then sure, but no, 37 neutral HP and he gets doubled by practically everything unlike the three. Meanwhile, Gunter's stat spread which still lets him be a competent cavalier despite Frederick and in the future, whatever other slow, but tanky axe cavalier outclassing him since they're either going to be stronger or tougher. Then again, he's off by 3 to 5 points rather than 6 stat points like Jagen.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yuzuhira was said to be difficult to play since you can easily drop combos and mess up stuff if you don't get her stance mechanic working well or something and Eltnum apparently has hard combos, but is apparently straightforward. I like Hilda's design, but her gameplay might not be for me since projectile zoning wasn't something I was ever keen on or good at. So, that leaves Nanase who's pretty straightforward and can jump cancel stuff according to the wiki. All I could think by that point is that Nanase is like a tsundere, girl Dante to me.
Sounds right for Yuzu. She's got a rare mix of both range and speed, so long as you're able to play around the strings attached. I don't know how complicated that is, though (I didn't even know until a few months ago that she lost access to buttons when using certain moves). I assume it's right for Eltnum too, since her combo flow is what threw me off; j[C] combos have a real nice feel to them, though. As a Nu main in BB, Hilda should be right up my alley, but I don't feel the same sort of pull when I watch her and I feel it's probably partly because Vatista exists for zoning (and having a more Nu-like design) without having to give up damage or DPs.

If you like Nanase you could probably check out Hyde too, iirc they're both shotos.

idk anything about the new characters beyond Phonon having ridic range, Wagner's design being 9/10 but her toolkit not looking fun to me, and Enkidu seeming similar to Kouma.

Also, Merkava's theme is cool.
Eltnum and Carmine best themes imo

EDIT: Characters so short that standard combos don't work on them are the most annoying thing

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hah. Sadly, I'm a week behind since I'm watching it on CR as a Freenium User. But as long as I give them their revenue, I'll be happy. Also, earlier this month, they announced the English Dubbing cast for New Game!. Hopefully the cast will be good.

Hazuki probably enjoys her sinister side anyway, why do you think she made her company nothing but women? :secretkpop:

I do like how the 2nd Episode of NEW GAME!! did have some realistic stuff happen, and hopecully they'll slowly give us some more bits of reality in the 3rd episode (I haven't watched it yet, but I'm expecting more of what we got in the 2nd Episode).
Oh, whoops. I just went on a New Game! binge and when I got to episode 3 and apparently you had to subscribe to watch it, I was like, "NOOO! I NEED MORE!" So, I just went on kissanime and watched 3 and the OVA. :p

I really wished Crunchyroll would switch to HTML5 already, especially since Adobe announced they're discontinuing Flash in 2020. Even then, the security issues involved with it made me stop using it unless necessary which isn't much. Can't think of a lot of things I use that use Flash anymore. Anyway, I digress. Basically, I watched the first season on kissanime, but I would have preferred to have watched it legit on Crunchyroll. A while after, I learned that Microsoft Edge still has Flash built-in, so, it's at least useful for something. I guess Crunchyroll doesn't let you watch new stuff unless you pay? Whatever, I can wait another week after episode 4 is released. I don't remember Funimation being like that. New episodes of Love Live! Sunshine were available regardless, but I trailed off of watching it, so, I don't really know or remember. At least Funimation uses HTML5.

Sounds right for Yuzu. She's got a rare mix of both range and speed, so long as you're able to play around the strings attached. I don't know how complicated that is, though (I didn't even know until a few months ago that she lost access to buttons when using certain moves). I assume it's right for Eltnum too, since her combo flow is what threw me off; j[C] combos have a real nice feel to them, though. As a Nu main in BB, Hilda should be right up my alley, but I don't feel the same sort of pull when I watch her and I feel it's probably partly because Vatista exists for zoning (and having a more Nu-like design) without having to give up damage or DPs.

If you like Nanase you could probably check out Hyde too, iirc they're both shotos.

idk anything about the new characters beyond Phonon having ridic range, Wagner's design being 9/10 but her toolkit not looking fun to me, and Enkidu seeming similar to Kouma.
When the guy mentioned holding down buttons for Yuzuriha, all I could think of was Juri in SFIV. I've never played Juri in SFIV, but I know she has a mechanic with Fuhajin (QCF + kick) where you can hold down the kick button to store a charge or just perform it normally like any other projectile. Yuzuriha, however, looks like she stays in place, so that's different, but it reminds me of Vergil's Dimensional Slash where he does stay in place. I don't think you can dictate when you release a slash with Vergil, though, since you need to charge a certain amount of time, but you can choose range, which I don't remember for Vergil, but I know Dante's bootleg version of it can be done close or long-range in DMC4.

There's also Akatsuki who's shoto-like. Also, his projectile looks like Urien's Metallic Sphere. Hyde seems too normal. Eh, if I'll have to mess around to see who clicks if I decide to play UNIEL.

Just from what he looks like and his animations, Enkidu looks cool. He reminds me of Akuma and Geese. Not sure about gameplay, though. Mika's powerfists are stupidly big and Phonon reminds me of Whip from KoF, but Eltnum also has whip-like weapon and pistol too which I think Whip used in one of her DMs.

Eltnum and Carmine best themes imo
Oh, yeah, Eltnum's theme is good too. Haven't heard Carmine's yet. I do like Linne and Hilda's as well.

EDIT: Characters so short that standard combos don't work on them are the most annoying thing
Meanwhile, in Soul Calibur IV and Tekken 3. I never played the Xbox 360 version of SCIV and I never played Tekken 3 before, but Yoda and Gon are kind of dumb. They're at waist-level to everyone and SC and Tekken are 3D fighters which makes it even worse since they're that much smaller.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
The more I think about it, the less my hype for FE Warriors is degrading. I'll still plan to get it, but knowing KOEI, I shouldn't expect much.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Well ok after actually getting to spend half an hour playing uniel I'm pretty sure Hilda > Vatista for me. I knew charge inputs were bad, but I didn't realize they were going to be "over 50 frames" bad.

Phonon's probably the only other character I'd have any compatibility with, but that requires waiting for her version so lol

There's also Akatsuki who's shoto-like. Also, his projectile looks like Urien's Metallic Sphere. Hyde seems too normal. Eh, if I'll have to mess around to see who clicks if I decide to play UNIEL.
Oh right, I suppose being an import main character, Akatsuki would be a shoto. I prefer long range characters and didn't play jewpuncher, so I kinda forgot he existed lol. Playing a character with no range in a game with a bunch of fullscreen normals sounds kind of awkward either way, though I think he's gotten buffed with DAMAGE to compensate that.

I'm not really sure how Hyde is any less "normal" than Nanase, but admittedly I know very little about the latter. The only thing I particularly liked about Hyde was j236x crossups anyway.

and Phonon reminds me of Whip from KoF, but Eltnum also has whip-like weapon and pistol too
Don't know much of anything about KoF, but the difference in whip users here is Eltnum's etherlites are more of a supplementary tool, while Phonon focuses on whip zoning.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Screenshot_20170728-230212.jpg

17:11 "Midna is a kinda easy character to play"

Easy to play=stupid (in what way??)

mfw
proxy-1.gif

The thought that this will be the comment section for FE Warriors as well, except it'll now have "NO IKE/EIRIKA/ALM/SELIPH/SIGURD/ELIWOOD/LYN, THIS GAME SUCKS, P.S. THIS GAME HAS TOO MANY SWORD CHARACTERS" scares me just a tad.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Tactician Waifu mains. How's everyone doing? :4robinf:

Just got back from doing my rounds today. It feels good to be back at doing it! It's a good source of exercise and socializing as well. I did meet some of my customers and they're happy to see me back and were wondering how I was doing. <3

About to check out My Hero Academia as well. Again, a week behind because I watch it on Crunchyroll as a Freenium user. I also finished Red Saber/Nero's Story in Fate/EXTELLA. It was a nice ending, but I'll probably wait a bit before I go and do Tama's story.

Also, Ffamran Ffamran while it does allow us to watch the latest episode if you're subscribed when it airs an hour after Japan. My main gripe is with CR is that depending on your Country/Region, you're missing out on other shows and some we can only watch if you're subscribed. One notorious example is Toradora!; you can only watch the first seven episodes of the show (Both Subbed and Dubbed), but you have to pay to watch the rest. smh.

6% is actually impressive for a concept that insults the dignity of the creator. Although I do worrry about the two that gave it a "fresh" score.
i checked on the reviews of those that actually gave the movie a fresh score
El Nuevo Día said:
The small-scale achievements in this film are a model worthy of admiration; In terms of the balance that can be achieved between creativity and commercialization in a production that seeks to generate family entertainment. [Full review in Spanish
Common Sense Media said:
Positive messages, but colorful adventure is only "meh."
wtf are these reasons

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
View attachment 131806

17:11 "Midna is a kinda easy character to play"

Easy to play=stupid (in what way??)

mfw
View attachment 131808

The thought that this will be the comment section for FE Warriors as well, except it'll now have "NO IKE/EIRIKA/ALM/SELIPH/SIGURD/ELIWOOD/LYN, THIS GAME SUCKS, P.S. THIS GAME HAS TOO MANY SWORD CHARACTERS" scares me just a tad.
I'll balance it out by posting weird and unfair criticism of your editing skills and voice

i'm 100% convinced that it's 6% because some of them either felt bad or wanted to just **** with the potential memes

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm not really sure how Hyde is any less "normal" than Nanase, but admittedly I know very little about the latter. The only thing I particularly liked about Hyde was j236x crossups anyway.
It's more of a nothing really seems attractive about Hyde which a lot of "main" characters of fighting games have as a problem for me. They would need to be really interesting in some way like their design looks cool or their animations are awesome, but usually, they're kind of bland to me as the average character which makes sense. So, I'd rather play anyone, but Mario in Smash or anyone, but Ryu in Street Fighter. Now, if Mario showed up in Street Fighter for whatever reason, I might play as him since he'd probably be different. At the very least, he's going to look drastically different than everyone in Street Fighter. Ryu is in Smash and he's already unique as it is compared to everyone in Smash.

The only fighting games I wanted to play the "main" character were KoF XIII and kind of Soul Calibur. Kyo's cool to me and weirdly enough, I prefer his '98-styled self in XIII where he's a shoto rather than his rekka self. Siegfried, I blame on me going through my "two-handed swords are the coolest things since sliced bread" phase. I'd rather play as Mitsurugi, Seong Mi-na, or Yun-seong nowadays.

Nanase and Hyde might be similar, but at least I can find some hilarity in playing as a schoolgirl with a giant sword and Hermes shoes. Hyde's just a dude with a red katana to me.

Don't know much of anything about KoF, but the difference in whip users here is Eltnum's etherlites are more of a supplementary tool, while Phonon focuses on whip zoning.
Yeah, Eltnum's more like Yoshimitsu or the Ravens from Tekken. They have weapons, but it's not their primary way of fighting. I watched some gameplay of Phonon and she's closer to Whip and Billy Kane, but they're kind of unique when KoF is mostly people fighting barehanded while in UNIEL, most people have and fight with weapons. Not exactly sure on Billy, but Whip seems to zone pretty well. Kind of like Luong or Yamazaki with their stretchy limbs, but with a whip...

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So I bought Miitopia and it actually is fun, but each chapter I chose to have a different theme and I'm at the "gorl" chapter now. Not home so I can't post pictures rn so expect them later.

But I did visit a costume store and went to their wig section and found this:
Burgundy Burgundy this is your wig. It has your name literally on it. Buy and wear it for us pls&ty

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So I bought Miitopia and it actually is fun, but each chapter I chose to have a different theme and I'm at the "gorl" chapter now. Not home so I can't post pictures rn so expect them later.

But I did visit a costume store and went to their wig section and found this:
Burgundy Burgundy this is your wig. It has your name literally on it. Buy and wear it for us pls&ty
Mail it to me and I'll wear it to EVO next year

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
summer!female corrin is so cute

her artwork might just be my favorite in the entire game

wtf i'm gay how can i have crush on a cartoon female what is wrong with me

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning BARFK BARFK mains. How's everyond doing? :4duckhunt:

Done more rounds today and I've been listening to the battle theme from Grandia 2 again. Why is it SO GOOD!? D:

I haven't been catching up with the Doubles side of Smash Wii U though on GOML, but I am curious on the Singles side. I wonder who's going to win GOML this year...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yesterday: Oh, I'll level up Felicia, Lissa, and Matthew as 4* units and 5* masked Lucina for the extra SP. *Matthew proceeds to lag terribly behind everyone*

Man, I wished Matthew had Ignis or something. Anyway, Felicia got to level 40 with masked Lucina who would have been level 40 a map earlier had I not gotten that stupid map with the forests on both sides and a Subaki being able to fly everywhere while Lissa and Matthew are level 32 and 33, respectively. That leaves neutral Barst, Draug, Hana, neutral Lissa, Matthew, Navarre, neutral Niles, Raigh, neutral Sophia, and Wrys as F2P units I never got to level 40 as 4* units and 5* Tobin who's 2 levels off from 40. 6/11 of them excluding Tobin are reds... This is also not including the other reds that I haven't leveled up like Fir, Lon'qu, -Atk Henry, and +Atk Chrom or gotten like Athena, Caeda, Karel, Leo, and a tomato.

Game, why? This is torture. I'm running out of blues and greens, especially greens, to help these reds. All that's left are Bartre, Beruka, -Atk Cherche, Florina, Gwendolyn, Odin, and Shanna and eventually, Clive and Valter. Otherwise, duplicate blues and greens most of whom are going to be stopping at level 20 so I can promote them for their skills as 4* units.

Edit: There, Tobin is level 40. Stupid birb Robin thing.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay it's time for the quick version of what happened in the gorl chapter of Miitopia.
The gorls I chose for my party were... Burgundy (as a Tank), Puddin (as an Imp), and BJN (as a Princess). I chose Flower as my class because I wanted to use each class at least once and didn't want to have to embarrass anyone else as Flower lol. It ended up working out fine so no big deal.
For SOME reason, Tank is the only class that won't let you change outfits so sorry Burgundy, yew couldn't match us on the outside, but yew still do on the inside.

For how the party functioned, Flower (me) allows for some fantastic healing (better than the Cleric imo) and a neat single-target offensive spell. Tank (Burgundy) hits HARD, but gets set back by always going last (it starts at 0 speed and never gets a single point when leveling up lol), and having to use MP even for basic attacks. It's a bit annoying to use imo. Imp (Puddin) is a varied class, which had 1 single-target offensive spell, 2 draining spells (1 for HP and 1 for MP), a defensive debuff skill, and could act like a dancer in FE and could give their turn to another unit. A fun class overall, the defense debuff allowed you to deal almost double damage to the enemy for like 4 turns so that was fantastic, and when giving another unit their turn, they act IMMEDIATELY. Which means it was a way for Burgundy to attack sooner (and more often in general). Imp also had fantastic growths, most other classes gained 1-2 points in each stat and 1-4 in HP/MP when leveling up, but Puddin regularly got 3 and sometimes 4 points in the Non-HP/MP stats. Princess (BJN) has 1 single-target offensive spell (seeing a trend? Dealing with 2 tough enemies was an annoyance), but it's a support class for the most part. They can restore their own+a friend's MP, distract enemies for a turn, protect the team from status effects, and they have a passive called Escort that occasionally makes another party member step in before an enemy hits BJN to escort her away from that heaux so that nobody takes damage. That made me laugh quite a bit but it also activated quite often so it was gud.
Overall, the team had enough synergy, but it wasn't very optimal. Despite Imp and Princess both offering fantastic support, the team lacked a bit of damage and even though Burgundy hits like, well, a tank; it wasn't enough (not to mention it felt clunky to use in general). Flower's great healing helped, but there wasn't anyone taking hits to actually heal since the enemy either didn't hit at all, or hit hard enough to bring them close to death or just killed them.
For story, you just had to help some elves in a forest. That's it. Why are you expecting an actual story from Miitopia? Anyways, the elves had I think the EXACT SAME model for their pointy ears as the ones in the Link and Zelda outfits, so we (except Burgundy) fit in perfectly. Later, you find The Fabulous Fairy Sisters. As if this wasn't perfect enough for the gorl chapter already. For them, I got to choose who got to play them, so I chose McKnightlight, EODM, and Virtue as the Fab SisTers.

And after finishing the chapter, you get this group photo:

So from left to right, that's BJN, Puddin, EODM, McKnightlight, Virtue, Burgundy, and me. What a great group photo.
Now I'm at the part of the game where a ton of customization opens up and I'm loving it. This game overall is delivering a lot more than I was expecting it to, and there's SO much you can do differently that replaying it multiple times will happen (that is if there's more than 1 save file which I don't think there is...)

And yes, I will be making a party of 4 Princesses at some point and make everyone wear Zelda outfits. It'll be fun to see the party never take damage; either through the enemy being too distracted to attack, or Escort will endlessly activate and everyone will avoid everything.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Kanna's Spirit Animal mains. How's everyone doing? :4kirby:

Someone found a Sonic Boom clip of Knuckles and oh my god... I dunno what to say, but damn Knuckles! Roasting people right there. :yeahboi:

Also, I've been in a mood for Grandia (Sadly, I cannot play the original since I no longer have my PS3); but it gave me an opportunity to look up its spin off "Digital Museum". Which has archives of Monsters, Concept Art, Music, Minigames and even new boss fights.

I looked at the minigames and my goodness; most of them look bonkers.

There's about six minigames in total in this game.

First is a Whack-A-Mole! game, where you play as Justin's Mother Lily who has to hit Justin over the head with her tray; you gain points for hitting Justin, but you lose points for hitting Sue.

The next one (I can't believe it's named this) is called "The Panties of Feena", you play as Feena who has to stop her friends (Justin, Sue, Gadwin, Mullen and Rapp) from getting to her underwear which are hanging on the clothesline to dry; you throw basins at them and they all take two hits to make them go back to the bottom of the screen, you also have a fullscreen nuke where she uses her Flame Whip Skill and wipes out all of them.

Third minigame is a food eating contest; you get to choose between Justin, Sue, Feena or Rapp to play as. You have to eat as much food as the other character, but you can disrupt them by filling up a POW Meter on the bottom screen where said character will perform an attack on the opponent to stop them from eating for a short time; you win by eating the most food.

Next is a Baseball minigame; where you play as Gadwin and have to score as many Homeruns in only 3 Strikes.

Next is a strange one, where you're in a maze and you play as Justin, you have to place Frogs in the maze to trap Leen (Feena's sister), you score points if she runs into the frog. And finally, there's the Deck Swabbing minigame that's from the main game; instead of having all the time in the world to clean the deck, you now have a time limit; you got 30 seconds to clean the deck while conserving your Speed and Power meters, if Sue cleans the deck before you do; the game is over.

If I had a SEGA Saturn, I would love to play both Grandia and its spin off Digital Museum on it. Since I grew up with the PS1 version of Grandia; sadly we didn't get Digital Museum, but eh. That's fine.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Okay it's time for the quick version of what happened in the gorl chapter of Miitopia.
The gorls I chose for my party were... Burgundy (as a Tank), Puddin (as an Imp), and BJN (as a Princess). I chose Flower as my class because I wanted to use each class at least once and didn't want to have to embarrass anyone else as Flower lol. It ended up working out fine so no big deal.
For SOME reason, Tank is the only class that won't let you change outfits so sorry Burgundy, yew couldn't match us on the outside, but yew still do on the inside.

For how the party functioned, Flower (me) allows for some fantastic healing (better than the Cleric imo) and a neat single-target offensive spell. Tank (Burgundy) hits HARD, but gets set back by always going last (it starts at 0 speed and never gets a single point when leveling up lol), and having to use MP even for basic attacks. It's a bit annoying to use imo. Imp (Puddin) is a varied class, which had 1 single-target offensive spell, 2 draining spells (1 for HP and 1 for MP), a defensive debuff skill, and could act like a dancer in FE and could give their turn to another unit. A fun class overall, the defense debuff allowed you to deal almost double damage to the enemy for like 4 turns so that was fantastic, and when giving another unit their turn, they act IMMEDIATELY. Which means it was a way for Burgundy to attack sooner (and more often in general). Imp also had fantastic growths, most other classes gained 1-2 points in each stat and 1-4 in HP/MP when leveling up, but Puddin regularly got 3 and sometimes 4 points in the Non-HP/MP stats. Princess (BJN) has 1 single-target offensive spell (seeing a trend? Dealing with 2 tough enemies was an annoyance), but it's a support class for the most part. They can restore their own+a friend's MP, distract enemies for a turn, protect the team from status effects, and they have a passive called Escort that occasionally makes another party member step in before an enemy hits BJN to escort her away from that heaux so that nobody takes damage. That made me laugh quite a bit but it also activated quite often so it was gud.
Overall, the team had enough synergy, but it wasn't very optimal. Despite Imp and Princess both offering fantastic support, the team lacked a bit of damage and even though Burgundy hits like, well, a tank; it wasn't enough (not to mention it felt clunky to use in general). Flower's great healing helped, but there wasn't anyone taking hits to actually heal since the enemy either didn't hit at all, or hit hard enough to bring them close to death or just killed them.
For story, you just had to help some elves in a forest. That's it. Why are you expecting an actual story from Miitopia? Anyways, the elves had I think the EXACT SAME model for their pointy ears as the ones in the Link and Zelda outfits, so we (except Burgundy) fit in perfectly. Later, you find The Fabulous Fairy Sisters. As if this wasn't perfect enough for the gorl chapter already. For them, I got to choose who got to play them, so I chose McKnightlight, EODM, and Virtue as the Fab SisTers.

And after finishing the chapter, you get this group photo:

So from left to right, that's BJN, Puddin, EODM, McKnightlight, Virtue, Burgundy, and me. What a great group photo.
Now I'm at the part of the game where a ton of customization opens up and I'm loving it. This game overall is delivering a lot more than I was expecting it to, and there's SO much you can do differently that replaying it multiple times will happen (that is if there's more than 1 save file which I don't think there is...)

And yes, I will be making a party of 4 Princesses at some point and make everyone wear Zelda outfits. It'll be fun to see the party never take damage; either through the enemy being too distracted to attack, or Escort will endlessly activate and everyone will avoid everything.
I was annoying to use and too stubborn to change out of my favorite outfit? Sounds exactly like me tbh

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
What it feels like reading this thread HELPFUL GUIDE rn

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
But do we really choose anything?

Does free will truly exist or are all of our "choices" predetermined?

Top Bottom