• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Wheeze. How're y'all gorls doin? It's been a while, time for a LIFE UPDATE.

I got a job. Das basically it, besides finishing the worst semester I've ever been through, I am employed now and holy **** 2017 looks like an amazing year for video games and wowee this thread is still active what the hell?

What'd I miss in my absence (again)?
Welcome Back!

I infiltrated your country and feasted on your potatoes, gelatinous bird liquid, and cheese curds. It was yummy. Also holy **** U.S. / Canadian border control is so much easier to get through when flying than when driving.

Finished my masters degree, been working in a lab since, and I might go back for the Ph.D depending on what funding I can get.

Also, Tekken 7 finally came out. :happysheep:

(I won't be using Fuka because I really hate her. Not because of her stats or build, but because of her personality. I just want to smack her and tell her to wake up and accept the fact that she's dead). :V
But her ability to completely deny reality is the source of her strength D:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
btw I'm in Québec City

It's really cool here
I infiltrated your country and feasted on your potatoes, gelatinous bird liquid, and cheese curds. It was yummy. Also holy **** U.S. / Canadian border control is so much easier to get through when flying than when driving.
Me said:
*something something German something>American something*
Why are all the gorls suddenly traveling?

Berlin is nice, but not quite what I was expecting.
Congrats Hilton ur tr4sh.
Our rooms are on the 7th floor so we went on the elevator but when we pressed the 7th floor button, it just flashed and didn't move. It turns out that those elevators don't go to the 7th floor (WHY IS THERE EVEN A BUTTON FOR IT THEN?????) and we have to go around to the back of the hotel to get to the actual elevators that take you to the 7th floor. Then they took our luggage to the wrong room. AND NOW YOU HAVE TO PAY €25 A DAY FOR WIFI?????? We're staying here 2 nights, so €50 at minimum for SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE FREE. I PROBABLY COULDN'T PLAY ARMS ON IT EVEN THOUGH IT COSTS THAT MUCH.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
gelatinous bird liquid
Wut. O_O

The only things I can think of that fits that description are eggs and bird's nest soup which is one, hella expensive, and two, basically bird spit.

Also, yeah, crossing the US and Canadian border by flight is way easier and than driving. The long, freaking lines.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
crossing the canadian border in a car was super easy for me when i went earlier this week (got back yesterday)

we were like the only people there and all the border patrol people did was ask us why we were going to Canada, for how long we were staying, and if we were bringing weapons/drugs/guns into or out of Canada

i've never flown to canada, so idk what it's like entering that way, but it was quick and easy to cross the border when we went

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There was heavy traffic the last year I went and I don't remember what it was like when I was kid. Then again, it was from Seattle to Vancouver.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Why are all the gorls suddenly traveling?
Went to a conference for work a few weeks ago.

The only things I can think of that fits that description are eggs and bird's nest soup which is one, hella expensive, and two, basically bird spit.
You're probably going to feel silly when you look through door number three, then.

There was heavy traffic the last year I went and I don't remember what it was like when I was kid. Then again, it was from Seattle to Vancouver.
Yeah, that's the way I went too when me and my brother drove once. Lots of traffic, huge lines, super suspicious border control officers, etc.

But on the plane to Toronto and back all of customs was just a 2 minute ID check at a kiosk, then you're through to the next thing.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Gravy? Can't you make gravy with beef stock and other stock? When I think of gravy, I think of flour since that's what you add to thicken it or however gravy is actually made. Also, now knowing what "gelatinous bird liquid" means you reminded me that I still need to try poutine.

Yeah, that's the way I went too when me and my brother drove once. Lots of traffic, huge lines, super suspicious border control officers, etc.

But on the plane to Toronto and back all of customs was just a 2 minute ID check at a kiosk, then you're through to the next thing.
Like being in any kind of traffic, it's much worse when you really need to use the restroom and there's a giant line tormenting you. At least it wasn't raining or that would have been even worse. SWEET RELIEF that we made it through and got to the restaurant which still was traffic-y since I think we headed to downtown Vancouver -- not entirely sure where my relatives drove to.

Border control wasn't suspicious, though. They were like "Where are you going? Family on vacation? OK." The lines were long, though, but I think there were only 2-3 booths open. And then there was that tunnel and regular traffic.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
you reminded me that I still need to try poutine.
you've been to canada and haven't tried poutine?? i'm pretty sure that's blasphemy

most of the restaurants i ate at when i was in quebec had an entire section of their menu dedicated to different types of poutine

it's really good btw

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Gravy? Can't you make gravy with beef stock and other stock? When I think of gravy, I think of flour since that's what you add to thicken it or however gravy is actually made. Also, now knowing what "gelatinous bird liquid" means you reminded me that I still need to try poutine.
You can make gravy with basically any stock; like stuffing, it's really just to make use of the entire animal.

But I'm reasonably sure poutine is always with fowl based gravy. Or at least, that's always been what they've used when I've gotten it.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
tbh I wanna slap the gorlie who called gravy "gelatinous bird liquid" - it's liquid bird fat and grease, you heathen. Only pudding or custards should be described as gelatinous. Gelatinous bird liquid sounds so gross. HECKIN ANGERY!!! It can also be made from just about any runoff liquid if you add it to a roux or if you're super unfancy/lazy you can just add flour/cornstarch. I have been making vegetable based "gravies" as of late thanks to a certain someone who likes his vegetables juicy and slurpy??? So he doesn't get bored of the texture??? OK I guess??? (tbh anyone who uses juicy and slurpy to describe food textures should also be slapped)

I haven't posted hot guys for a few posts now so I guess I have to if I want to keep my street cred in check. Rated PG-13 because Niles/Zero being himself. Ironically less lewd than the SMTxFE Odin/Owain picture though.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
tbh I wanna slap the gorlie who called gravy "gelatinous bird liquid" - it's liquid bird fat and grease, you heathen. Only pudding or custards should be described as gelatinous. Gelatinous bird liquid sounds so gross. HECKIN ANGERY!!! It can also be made from just about any runoff liquid if you add it to a roux or if you're super unfancy/lazy you can just add flour/cornstarch. I have been making vegetable based "gravies" as of late thanks to a certain someone who likes his vegetables juicy and slurpy??? So he doesn't get bored of the texture??? OK I guess??? (tbh anyone who uses juicy and slurpy to describe food textures should also be slapped)

I haven't posted hot guys for a few posts now so I guess I have to if I want to keep my street cred in check. Rated PG-13 because Niles/Zero being himself. Ironically less lewd than the SMTxFE Odin/Owain picture though.
Gorl you always post the most risqué stuff but heck I'm not complaining :drwtf:

I'm surprised at how much Alfonse has grown on me, design wise. I really wanna promote him eventually

Also I'm watching Avatar: TLA for the umpteenth time. It never gets old :drflip:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Alfonse is forever dead to me because he has frosted tips

Leave that sh*t in the 90s pls

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Gorl you always post the most risqué stuff but heck I'm not complaining :drwtf:

I'm surprised at how much Alfonse has grown on me, design wise. I really wanna promote him eventually

Also I'm watching Avatar: TLA for the umpteenth time. It never gets old :drflip:
Avatar AAAAAY! I love that show. I must say I like The Legend of Korra a bit more, probably because the main villains weren't the same for the entire series so we got to see more serious action. Both had equally lovable groups of people. I think The Legend of Korra had stronger voice acting overall.

Avatar wise I think Aang was better. While he was young and immature, he still had much wisdom behind his actions. He was afraid of being the avatar but was pretty good at it. Korra on the other hand is just a fire ball and too cocky for her own good. She wasn't dumb, but her fists first attitude caused many problems.

Iroh is the ultimate dad.

ANYWAY!

Alfonse is beginning to become less lame as he gets more dialogue. He's just more reserved and not trusting because of it. Very princely and rational. He's kind of sweet too when he chooses to lift his sister's spirits instead of going "lmao told you so heaux."

As a unit he is great with a Brave Sword. His art is nice for the most part. Except...

Alphonse is forever dead to me because he has frosted tips

why is his hair frosted

why did they do this

is it even legal

stop

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Avatar AAAAAY! I love that show. I must say I like The Legend of Korra a bit more, probably because the main villains weren't the same for the entire series so we got to see more serious action. Both had equally lovable groups of people. I think The Legend of Korra had stronger voice acting overall.

Avatar wise I think Aang was better. While he was young and immature, he still had much wisdom behind his actions. He was afraid of being the avatar but was pretty good at it. Korra on the other hand is just a fire ball and too cocky for her own good. She wasn't dumb, but her fists first attitude caused many problems.

Iroh is the ultimate dad.

ANYWAY!

Alfonse is beginning to become less lame as he gets more dialogue. He's just more reserved and not trusting because of it. Very princely and rational. He's kind of sweet too when he chooses to lift his sister's spirits instead of going "lmao told you so heaux."

As a unit he is great with a Brave Sword. His art is nice for the most part. Except...

why is his hair frosted

why did they do this

is it even legal

stop
Alfonse is forever dead to me because he has frosted tips

Sharena has them too, they're just hard to notice :p
And yeah, Alfonse is definitely becoming more and more like an actual character as he gets more dialogue, rather than just a generic anime hero (who ironically doesn't like being with Heroes :drshrug:

ATLA and Korra are definitely some of my favorite shows ever. I rewatched them both last summer so it only felt right to do it again this summer.
Korra would probably be my favorite of the two, but it's hard to really argue against either of them.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
you've been to canada and haven't tried poutine?? i'm pretty sure that's blasphemy

most of the restaurants i ate at when i was in quebec had an entire section of their menu dedicated to different types of poutine

it's really good btw
Every time I've been to Canada, it's always been to its Chinatown, "Little Vietnam", or somewhere close to it. Ditto with Chicago where I still need to try Chicago-style pizza. Then again, I didn't have a choice as a kid when I went to Vancouver or Toronto, but hey, when you're traveling with older folks, kind of happens when they want to eat at familiar places or you're the tag-along to make sure nothing bad happens when they're driving.

Still, the upscale Chinese restaurant in Vancouver was really good and so was vegetarian Vietnamese food in Seattle. Kind of interesting how much imitation meat food you can make with tofu and other stuff. Went there because for whatever reason, I was dragged to a Buddhist temple for like 5 days being unable to communicate with anyone, but my uncle since I can't speak Mandarin or even Cantonese. Well, apparently, the disciples? or volunteers -- not sure what I'm supposed to call them -- wanted to take the monks to eat out. Oh, and you haven't lived until you've seen a monk in sunglasses drive a full-size van. :p

Edit: Yeah! Page steal.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Oh yeah btw I saw the most wonderful thing ever

SIGN ME THE **** UP HE'S GOIN RIGHT NEXT TO MY KIRBY NENDO AHHHH

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So this is what I get recommended when I spend hours going through Rihanna songs and some BoTW videos.

I'm fine with bara sharks I guess.

what are frosted tips....

:150:
THESE are frosted tips.

:secretkpop:
Courtesy of Burgundy Burgundy

Or it's just when people dye the tips of their hair (about 10% or 20% of the tips of their hair) a color that is lighter than their natural hair color. So frozen or dyed hair. It's gotta be one of those things.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning barefoot waifu mains. How's everyone doing? :4corrinf:

Tried out a bit of RPG Maker FES with the RPG Maker Player. There wasn't a lot of stuff to play as of now (Obviously since it just came out). And I tried one demo, it felt generic but it was a demo. Gonna try and make one that is full of character and interesting stuff. :yeahboi:

But her ability to completely deny reality is the source of her strength D:
That's why she's going in the Prinny Squad. She's gonna be treated like a Prinny (Also, if she even mentions it being a dream, I can just toss her. :secretkpop: )

Also, funny thing. I managed to beat all the DLC characters now. Thanks to the Gate Key that I had and a Muscleman I managed to get in the Innocent Farm (It managed to get up to a cap of 50,000). So I had over 50,000 HP and ATK (Which I gave to Killia) and he just demolished a lot of them. He would constantly do over 250k damage with Macrocosm, and if he used his Overload skill, he would be doing close to 800k. It was great. :yeahboi: And I also managed to steal some good items from some of the DLC characters too.

Now all that's left is to recruit Goldion and unlock the Land of Carnage. Plus, try and get all of my units that I seem to create in every Disgaea game op as hell.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
tbh I wanna slap the gorlie who called gravy "gelatinous bird liquid" - it's liquid bird fat and grease, you heathen.
Yeah, gelatinous bird liquid. Well, until you melt it back down to a fatty, greasy sauce to pour all over your food.

Only pudding or custards should be described as gelatinous. Gelatinous bird liquid sounds so gross. HECKIN ANGERY!!!
Only if you're making your pudding and custard with bone extract, I guess. Which you might actually be doing come to think of it. Using collagen in puddings is a paleo recipe I think.

If you're using flour or cornstarch as your thickening agent it can still be gelatinous, but in the "reminds you of something else" sense of the word; no collagen proteins (from animal fat / run off grease / bones, etc) == no gelatin.

what are frosted tips....

Physical manifestation of parental abandonment issues, frequently coupled with low self-esteem.

So Alphonse, basically.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay so something I kinda feel like I need to talk about, my sleeping lately has been really strange. I've been able to sleep just fine, but all kinds of weird things happen when I am sleeping. A few nights ago, my heart was beating SUPER loudly, both before going to sleep and during sleep. Last night I had possibly my first lucid dream, but it was so realistic. I know they are supposed to be, but even after I woke up I was unsure if it was real or not. But the dream itself was horrid and I really don't want to talk about it (even if I did want to, I couldn't without the risk of being •BANNED• by BJN). Let's just say that it's one if the reasons I'll be asexual forever
So for now I'm just blaming it on traveling to a completely different timezone which means a different sleep schedule, but I'm getting more worried that I have an actual problem with how many weird things are happening in such a short time. But if I'm able to actually sleep fine then it shouldn't be anything too bad.

Back to Germany itself, it's hard being a vegetarian here. When you tell someone that you're vegetarian here, they assume that salad and pasta are the only 2 things that you eat. It became even more apparent today where I had both for dinner and then I realized "w8 I've had this every single day wot." I mean it's good, but come on German E, we aren't that bland.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I am dying, save me.

Physical manifestation of parental abandonment issues, frequently coupled with low self-esteem.

So Alphonse, basically.
I typed in "Sexy Alphonse Fire Emblem" and this happened...

All they have to do is Bara-tize Alphonse and he'd be good to go. So. Like. Make Alphonse without a shirt. But. Like. Without Alphonse's body. Yeah.

And in more FEH related nonsense, I used all my orbs to pull greys. I pulled Elise. Surely this one will be of a decent nature... +SPD and -ATK... Great! Fantastic! Yay! *throws into the garbage bin by the barracks*

I'll just wait until we get a glass cannon attacking healer. Elise has to be +ATK or +SPD for it to work and have horse buffs.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And in more FEH related nonsense, I used all my orbs to pull greys. I pulled Elise. Surely this one will be of a decent nature... +SPD and -ATK... Great! Fantastic! Yay! *throws into the garbage bin by the barracks*

I'll just wait until we get a glass cannon attacking healer. Elise has to be +ATK or +SPD for it to work and have horse buffs.
Isn't -Atk simply the worst? :p

I was thinking about the opposite; a stone wall healer who would probably be Renault since it fits with his backstory of being a mercenary (balanced stats) turned priest. I have no idea how legal it would be for him to have an attack below 15, though. Something like 43 HP, 12 Atk, 31 Spd, 30 Def, and 32 Res would be pretty bulky and kind of close to his join stats in Blazing Sword; same HP, same attack, double his defense and resistance, and speed is the odd one out since he has 20 base speed.

Anyway, I think L'Arachel and Maribelle might be able to have similar attack and speed to Elise. Maybe some flying healer since they would be able to benefit from flyer buffs. Otherwise, best infantry options right now would probably be Lucius, Serra, or +Atk bride Lyn and Maria who would have 34 speed with 30 (Maria) to 31 attack (Lyn). Genny works too if you can have her one-shot stuff. Ditto with +Atk Lachesis which is basically =Atk Genny without Wrathful Staff by default.

On other Fire Emblem stuff, apparently the Cipher characters are out for Echoes, so I checked for their for voice clips. Emma is adorable and hilarious, Shade is Camilla without the very overbearing big sister part, and Yuzu reminds me of Say'ri, but more awkward. And Randal's like... Joshua, but with a beard and green hair. If they show up for the next banner as they are from Echoes, it'd be two blues and two reds. Possibly, since Shade's a Saint which are kind of like Sages I think, so she could be another healer, but it's implied she's more into offensive magic, especially dark magic.

Emma has a critical quote that I hope makes it into Heroes, but apparently the video that showed it off was on one of the last maps of the game. Whoops. It's listed on her wiki entry, but you gotta hear it. It's glorious. I'd love to summon them all, but the game hates me when it comes to red mages, Yuzu being a red sword would kind of be a pain to get, and I doubt I'll get Emma, so I'll be stuck with Randal and wonder what I did to deserve this. Also, no, Shade's name is pronounced exactly as it's spelt. It is not "shah-dee" despite me wishing it was for no reason. :p

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I need to say one thing:

AT&T is a GARBAGE internet provider.

We had a 30 minute blackout two weeks ago and our internet has been down since.

Even when the internet did "work" it's super bad if you'r not directly next to the router.

And the UI of Direct TV looks like it's from 2006

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon Corn mains. How's everyone doing? :4corrin:

Was suppose to get RPG Maker FES yesterday, but it got delayed so it'll be coming today. Fingers crossed.

I already got an idea for an RPG thanks to someone's suggestion in the Marcina Lounge. :yeahboi:

Also, tried doing the stage to unlock the Land of Carnage. I got demolished. So I'll be doing quite a bit of grinding, more specifically aim for about Lv. 4000 - 5000 and level up some items in the Item World too.

I also saw Episode 12 of My Hero Academia S2. The finale of the Tournament Arc and it was hype af. :yeahboi:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Possibly, since Shade's a Saint which are kind of like Sages I think, so she could be another healer, but it's implied she's more into offensive magic, especially dark magic.
Saints are the promotion class of clerics so congrats, another healer! :p It is strange since she's usually a great offensive mage unit in Cipher, but in Echoes "nah gorl u a heelur nao."
Yuzu's weird because she's usually depicted as a Swordfighter, but she's a Priestess. They are able to use swords, but are primarily magic units. Her spell list is also really lacking; most female mages have her spells+more before even promoting to Priestess.
But ye all 4 units are at least decent and usable. Yuzu's a bit awkward but you could maybe make her work (or potentially re class her to something else better? Priestess puts her in an uncomfortable spot), but the other 3 look fantastic. I may get them and slap my Star Jacinth on them and watch them get some ridonk level ups. I need some gud units for Thabes.

...Or I would, but I think my 3DS charger broke. rip Edit I guess (I typed this up hours ago but went away from the WiFi oops) but I found a Gamestop and got a new charger yey. Didn't know that Germany had Gamestops but I guess they do.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Saints are the promotion class of clerics so congrats, another healer! :p It is strange since she's usually a great offensive mage unit in Cipher, but in Echoes "nah gorl u a heelur nao."
Nooooo! Why must you do this to me? I need a different red mage and even if the game refuses to give me one, at least I can hope that Shade's a red mage. ;_;

Isn't this because that in Echoes, female mages can only promote to priestess which would be weird since you'd have two of them from the DLC? And they can't have her be in her overclass as a Harrier which would also conflict with Emma being a Pegasus Knight. So, she's basically stuck as a saint, the other magical class that uses offensive magic. She could have been a mage, but that would mean she'd be the only one unpromoted. Priestess Shade would have been fine considering one of her Cipher cards was a dark knight, so she could have some skill in using sword, but Yuzu...

Yuzu's weird because she's usually depicted as a Swordfighter, but she's a Priestess. They are able to use swords, but are primarily magic units. Her spell list is also really lacking; most female mages have her spells+more before even promoting to Priestess.
And isn't this because the mercenary and apparently myrmidon classes are male-only in Echoes? Even the archer class since one of Yuzu's Cipher cards shows she can use bows. The weird thing is someone hacked the game and had Faye be an archer which apparently works. Guess animations might be shared. The only problem would be character models since I doubt a model for a female archer or male cleric exists.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Ffamran Ffamran yeah that's what I'm thinking. Preistess is literally the only female class that gives them access to swords, and all classes that use bows are male-only. So Yuzu is forced into Priestess, but 2 of them would be weird. Healers can be considered mages though, so there you go for Shade! And luckily healers in Echoes still have a fair bit of offensive prowress, so it isn't that strange for Shade. Too bad that doesn't apply to Heroes so much.
Gender-free classes:
Cavalier -> Paladin -> Gold Knight
Villager -> Any other base class that fits that character's gender
Mage -> Sage if male, Priestess if female

Male-only:
Soldier -> Knight -> Baron
Archer -> Sniper -> Bow Knight
Mercenary -> Myrmydion -> Dread Fighter

Female-only:
Pegasus Knight -> Falcon Knight
Cleric -> Saint

Alm:
Hero -> Warrior

Celica:
Priestess -> Princess

All of these have an Over class as well but forget those I'm not paying $15 for dat

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Cress! Cress! , with how Lachesis and Lucius got screwed over... Thing is Shade's origin is a dark mage from Nohr, but if they go with her appearance in Echoes, there's that slight bit of chance where she could show up as a healer which is kind of bad, but kind of good. She's implied to be an offensive healer, so who knows, she could show up in Heroes as a healer with like 33 attack and 33 speed which would be pretty good if you can get Wrathful Staff on her, but not as good as Elise because horse buffs.

If the Cipher characters show up, I really want Shade not just because she would probably be a red mage, but I could literally throw shade at people. She seems like she could be really sassy and kind of looks like Zelderly. Shame that there isn't a Shade tome and the Shade skill in the Tellius games lowers aggro which would mean it's not a special, so I can't throw Shade while she throws Shade with Shade. Otherwise, Emma would be fun because her lines are great and Yuzu would be nice to have. It's always nice to have more dorks around. :p

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Cress! Cress! Ffamran Ffamran
I'd be down for more magical gorls. I just want my magical Serra already. I also want a glass cannon type of healer. Like Bride Cordelia but with magic instead. We really could use a silver magic user. I just want a reason to use healers is all. cricricri

Anyway, atm I'm power leveling a +10 4 Star Maria with +ATK/-RES. With help she seems to handle PvE nobodies easily, but actual characters cause her problems since their stats are build with higher BST iirc.

Aaaaand I finally started watching RWBY with Gar. However, I fail to see any Sass Kweens but Ruby is OK as far as OP main protags go. Penny is the best probably robot or super sheltered gorl tho. She is me when people look at my plate(s) and say "That's too much food, there's no way you can finish it all!"

That's also my response when someone says "Are you sure you can handle another drink?"

it's when you put ur weewee in the freezer and wait until the tip gets a nice protective armor of frost

it's like a condom but it feels better

gorl no

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Afternoon Corn mains. How's everyone doing? :4corrin:

Was suppose to get RPG Maker FES yesterday, but it got delayed so it'll be coming today. Fingers crossed.
FES comes out on the 27th the day AFTER my birthday so now i have to spend a birthday without developing an rpg.

in other news i don't have an idea how to start the basic plot of the Zelda social RPG

I'm also not even sure who to make the playable characters and what they should do.

gorls help a dude brainstorm

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Huh, I wonder what that stupid build of L&D3, Ruby Sword+ Selena could do to a Lunatic Michalis with a Hone Fliers buff. Needs +Atk or Moonbow and an attack buff to kill, but still takes little damage and does decent damage. L&D3 Selena is basically vanilla Athena and she can ORKO him... *does some other checks with other sword units*

Hmm, I wonder what Tharja can do. *default Tharja ORKOs Michalis as a 5* or a 4* with an attack buff; ditto with Celica and Katarina* Uh... I wonder if Hen- *Henry can ORKO Michalis with T-Adept 3 and Axebreaker as a 5* with an attack buff or as a 4* with +Atk and an attack buff*

This is fine. I don't need a red mage anyway; I have Lucina. *cries inside*

4* Raigh and 3* Sophia can 2HKO Michalis, but I need either a dancer for both of them or Axebreaker for Sophia; Seal Res 3 really matters for Raigh. Michalis came up since he's here again and the first time I was beat him, I needed Tiki since Sophia was underleveled and Raigh wasn't even used.

Why... Why don't I have a fast red mage? Why don't I even have spare Henry's to use for Rauorraven and/or G Tomebreaker on Sophia since Axebreaker on Henry makes more sense with his high defense. My plan for Henry was to use his absurd defense against axe units with low resistance. G Tomebreaker Sophia would suffice as an anti-green mage and I can't even have that luxury...

Kind of tempted to do that stupid Selena build as a way to have a dumb anti-green unit because Veronica is bound to show up again and if Lucina dies in any way, I have to resort to somehow getting Alfonse, Chrom, Eldigan, Xander, or Zephiel to land 2 to 3 hits on her without them getting doubled and killed because of their garbage resistance and/or lower speed while dealing with the other freaking units on her map. If I had Ryoma, it would have been easier since I could have fallen back on either of them. Athena could work too... I should probably train masked Lucina...

Oh, and that reminder of if you had a bride Cordelia and she was at least =Atk and =Spd, ran a quad build with either Draconic Aura or Luna, and was in Desperation's range, she could actually kill Veronica at full HP with help from Eirika or Ephraim with Hone Speed 3. Yeah, screw you too, game.

Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get a different red mage who isn't -Atk. (I won't.) Here's hoping Aversa, Lyon, or some red mage shows up as a GHB unit after Clarisse. Here's hoping... *cue another sword unit showing up*

Anyway, since I kept seeing in on the wiki, I looked into Tear Ring Saga -- released in 2001. Apparently it was made by the creator of Fire Emblem, Shouzou Kaga, who left after Thracia 776's development to make his own games. There were several legal issues from Nintendo since the game was so similar to Fire Emblem, but he and his team and publisher won in the end allowing them to develop and sell the game. It was never localized nor was its 2005 sequel, Berwick Saga, which was said to be the last major title by him.

This leaves me wondering of what could have been like if Tear Ring Saga had been localized, would it have been a major hit overseas? Would it have been what Fire Emblem could have started with Blazing Sword which released 2 years after Tear Ring?

There's also the question of was it really necessary for Nintendo to have taken legal action. Kind of watching a LTC (low turn count) playthrough of it and yeah, it does look really similar to Fire Emblem, but I wonder how similar it was in development and on release that would have prompted Nintendo to take legal action on the game. A lot of games could be argued as "X, but with a different coat of paint". In some cases, that might actually be a good thing since you can try different things with it. For example, Mario + Rabbids. It's basically XCOM, but with a cartoon-y look and feel and probably different mechanics. You could say it's derived or inspired by XCOM and that's totally fine. I mean, a lot of games were inspired by Diablo, DOOM, Final Fantasy, Mario, Street Fighter, Zelda, etc. But if Tear Ring Saga was "I want to make Fire Emblem games, but not with Nintendo", then yeah, I can understand why Nintendo took legal action since it's not doing enough to be innovative or "different". That is to say, you aren't making a game based on Fire Emblem, but with a spin on it like.

Eh, I don't know, maybe I'm just really bored or that addicted to Fire Emblem that I need more Fire Emblem-like games. :p

Last edited:

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
FES comes out on the 27th the day AFTER my birthday so now i have to spend a birthday without developing an rpg.

in other news i don't have an idea how to start the basic plot of the Zelda social RPG

I'm also not even sure who to make the playable characters and what they should do.

gorls help a dude brainstorm
Gurl, don't panic, you got this!

Figure out who's important (ex. not me), talk to them about what kind of powers/roles they want to have in the story (magician, person who fixes stuff, cosplayer, dimwitted but heroic sidekick, that kinda stuff). All lurkers and non-gorls are relegated to NPC status.

As is tradition with RPG's, pick someone to die early on, but give them a badass role late in the story where they come back or appear in a vision or something.

Idk if you're going super serious or more silly. If silly RPG, maybe the gang has to snatch the wigs of heaux Rosalina and Lucina?

Top Bottom