• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Hemwick

Fox <3
Beat BotW last night
Only got 4 hours of sleep because of it but it was worth
Definitely deserves the scores, one of my fav games <3
Wow, I've never seen a social thread that's so active.

How many hours total did it take for you to beat the game? I'll be picking up a switch soon and will likely be sinking a lot of time into Zelda.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

How many hours total did it take for you to beat the game? I'll be picking up a switch soon and will likely be sinking a lot of time into Zelda.
Not sure on the exact hours, but I got the game on March 7th, so it took me nearly 2 weeks, which is the first game since Bravely Default to take me that long, and I've still got a ton to do until 100%

I'm sad that repeat playthroughs won't be as fun as my first playthrough, cause now I've seen most of everything in the game. Though the good thing about beating it is now I can finally watch LPs and speedruns. While it's veeeery tempting to start over (partly because I love the game, partly because it's my only Switch game atm until Mario Kart), I think I could kinda replicate the experience if I wait until the dlc hard mode is released a few months from now and start my second playthrough then. Or I could wait even longer until the new story is released. Oh right there's gonna be MORE LATER. Gahhh i love this game

Now time for the obligatory FE:H mention
I have 20 orbs, but I'm not sure if I should summon now. i already got Karel, who's the only vaugely interesting character in the focus right now. Anyone know when the next focus is?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
We used to have about 3 new pages per day, so we've slowed down a lot.
I have 20 orbs, but I'm not sure if I should summon now. i already got Karel, who's the only vaugely interesting character in the focus right now. Anyone know when the next focus is?
Next focus is Battling Michalis, comes out the 23rd iirc. Characters are Eliwood, Gordin, Selena, and Minerva. I have 30 orbs right now but I'm going to save up for that focus, even though I don't have any of the current focus characters. I'd like any character other than Selena from it, meanwhile this focus, Ninian and Karel are neat characters, but I don't really need them.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Not sure on the exact hours, but I got the game on March 7th, so it took me nearly 2 weeks, which is the first game since Bravely Default to take me that long, and I've still got a ton to do until 100%

I'm sad that repeat playthroughs won't be as fun as my first playthrough, cause now I've seen most of everything in the game. Though the good thing about beating it is now I can finally watch LPs and speedruns. While it's veeeery tempting to start over (partly because I love the game, partly because it's my only Switch game atm until Mario Kart), I think I could kinda replicate the experience if I wait until the dlc hard mode is released a few months from now and start my second playthrough then. Or I could wait even longer until the new story is released. Oh right there's gonna be MORE LATER. Gahhh i love this game

"Battling Michalis" is next consisting of Eliwood Severa/Selena Gordin and Minerva. I might just splurge on that banner so i can have a Minerva for an appropriate Michalis Grand Hero Battle

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Hmm I already have both Selena and Eliwood...
Guess I'll wait though, 5 Stars are better than 4 Stars.
Also the option and notification for the Michalis Grand Hero Battle showed up for me this morning. I even had the option to take on his map. I didn't cause I wasn't ready, but now it's gone. Weird

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Hmm I already have both Selena and Eliwood...
Guess I'll wait though, 5 Stars are better than 4 Stars.
Also the option and notification for the Michalis Grand Hero Battle showed up for me this morning. I even had the option to take on his map. I didn't cause I wasn't ready, but now it's gone. Weird
Special Early Bird edition, was only available for 45 minutes. Apparently we reached all the milestones during it though, so we all get 10 stamina potions, 10 orbs, and 5,000 feathers.

It goes live for the typical duration on the 24th.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Everytime I check this thread I think "this is hardly even a smash social anymore jeez talk about FE: Heroes city" but I can't complain since I came here to talk about FE: Heroes lol

I finally got my first Level 40! My 5 Star Marth that I got way back when the app was released. He had a very sweet thank-you speech. Aww. I promise I'll play your game one day and know more about you outside of smash.

I also did a bunch with skill inheritance:

Gave Marth: Daylight, Fury 2, and Axebreaker 2
Gave Cecilia: Dragon Fang, Daggerbreaker 3, and Breath of Life 1
Gave Sharena: New Moon and Vantage 3 (might give her a better lance to use until I get 20,000 feathers and can give her Fensalir
Gave Sakura: Heavenly Light and Live to Serve 2 (RIP Wrys sorry Antonykun Antonykun )

It feels great to finally have special attacks on my main team. It definitely made Sharena, Marth, and Cecilia work better. Marth was already good but he was kinda basic with not a lot going for him

I'll probably start training up some new units next, probably my Robins, Karel, and Maria

Special Early Bird edition, was only available for 45 minutes. Apparently we reached all the milestones during it though, so we all get 10 stamina potions, 10 orbs, and 5,000 feathers.

It goes live for the typical duration on the 24th.
Weird, I didn't hear anything about it. I just assumed it was a glitch.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Next focus is Battling Michalis, comes out the 23rd iirc. Characters are Eliwood, Gordin, Selena, and Minerva. I have 30 orbs right now but I'm going to save up for that focus, even though I don't have any of the current focus characters. I'd like any character other than Selena from it, meanwhile this focus, Ninian and Karel are neat characters, but I don't really need them.
I'd like any character other than Selena from it
I'd like any character other than Selena from it
B-but, Selena... ;_;
She currently has her own thread on Serenes Forest on how to make her an amazing unit: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70326-character-analysis-counter-killer-selena/. Problem #1: You'd have to sack Karel and a bunch of other (better) units. Problem #2: and Selena in terms of arena is a niche unit whose main purpose to be a hard counter to Hector. Problem #3: Hector himself is a pretty rare unit in a sea of red and blue units. I love Selena both as a character and a unit, especially in Awakening, but she has flaws and uncontrollable circumstances prevent her from being anything other than another good unit among many good units.

Anyway, that aside, the early grand hero thing I don't remember if it was announced when the heads up on Michalis was on the news section in FE Heroes. If it was, then a lot of people missed it. If it wasn't, then really? If you're going to do something like that, then give at least a 24 hour head up for people. One thing I hope is that you cannot inherit Michalis's Iote's Shield. This is mainly because it would suck to have him basically be skill fodder and a limited one that can make other units really good or annoying as all hell depending on which side you're on. Personal opinions aside, if anyone wants a sneak peak on Michalis's map, then head over here: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70332-grand-hero-battle-michalis/.

Two things going off of Michalis. One, apparently there's an official Twitter quiz for FE Heroes. Japanese-only I think: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70357-official-twitter-quiz-for-orbs-and-feathers/.

The second one is on Odin and skill fodder. At this point, Odin's probably the worst unit. He's from what I read in some of the threads on Serenes Forest, only useful for getting Blarraven and Moonbow and even then, giving Blarraven to the other mages is pretty pointless outside of Ursula since she's basically a cavalry Nino. On the gamepress site, Arthur, Est, Gwendolyn, Ogma, and Sophia are all rated as low as Odin, but I feel like all of them have redeeming qualities or can be improved with other skills. I don't know why Est is down there, though... Anyway, Arthur's skills rock;. giving him a special would make him even better. Problem is that there are so many powerful, legendary red units that Arthur isn't useful. Gwendolyn at least is a tank and giving her a Silver Lance might be a way to make her do damage -- weird since her art has her hold a lance that looks like a Silver one instead of a Killer Lance --, Ogma is a one-trick pony, and Sophia at least can do a ton of damage despite being ridiculously slow -- Zephiel apparently will end up being even slower than her. Odin is just there. There's pretty much no reason to use him unless you really like him or you have no blue mages which kind of only applies to people who started playing or re-rolled after Ursula. And even still, M!Robin can be summoned as a 3* to 4* like Odin.

The worst of it is that you can't really improve Odin. He's got one of the lowest attack while having the strongest weapon path that is not a legendary. That's just absurd. It's understandable why Subaki and Sully's attack are low because Sapphire Lance adds 20% to their attack, why Selena's attack is low when her other stats are high, or why many Brave weapon users have lower attack than non-Brave weapon users. Odin? Odin with Blarraven gets bonuses to his attack from buffs. Justifiable, right? From what I read, Odin needs 2 buffs to do about the same amount -- more like similar than anything -- of damage the other blue mages do with Blarraven or with their own tomes they were pretty much designed for. Outside of HP and speed, none of his other stats are outstanding and relatively speaking, none of his stats are outstanding compared to the other blue mages or mages in general. If anything, they're worse. The developers probably will not alter units, stat or skill-wise -- we're just going to add them in like removing Vengeance from Takumi will lead to people finding units with Vengeance or Reprisal to add to him --, but if there's one itty-bitty thing that I wished was changed on Odin was that his average attack should at least be 38 which is what his high attack is. Maybe it could be 41 or whatever, but Odin's just a sad creature right now. Part of this complaint is that outside of Ursula, he's my only other blue mage which sucks. I always liked F!Robin more because you could get Michelle Ruff as her voice, but M!Robin seems like a angel now. Why couldn't Lucius have been a blue mage? I swear if Artur from The Sacred Stones also gets made into a healer. THEY'RE MONKS! OFFENSIVE LIGHT MAGES!

So, as I still remain indecisive about which asterisk to pick, I ended up letting Chompcraft play while I watched stuff and typed this up. I have all the upgrades, but the cp to pg ones which apparently you can't do until later in the game. It's kind of hectic after you get all the upgrades and it's like an in-game music viewer.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
B-but, Selena... ;_;
She currently has her own thread on Serenes Forest on how to make her an amazing unit: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70326-character-analysis-counter-killer-selena/. Problem #1: You'd have to sack Karel and a bunch of other (better) units. Problem #2: and Selena in terms of arena is a niche unit whose main purpose to be a hard counter to Hector. Problem #3: Hector himself is a pretty rare unit in a sea of red and blue units. I love Selena both as a character and a unit, especially in Awakening, but she has flaws and uncontrollable circumstances prevent her from being anything other than another good unit among many good units.

Anyway, that aside, the early grand hero thing I don't remember if it was announced when the heads up on Michalis was on the news section in FE Heroes. If it was, then a lot of people missed it. If it wasn't, then really? If you're going to do something like that, then give at least a 24 hour head up for people. One thing I hope is that you cannot inherit Michalis's Iote's Shield. This is mainly because it would suck to have him basically be skill fodder and a limited one that can make other units really good or annoying as all hell depending on which side you're on. Personal opinions aside, if anyone wants a sneak peak on Michalis's map, then head over here: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70332-grand-hero-battle-michalis/.

Two things going off of Michalis. One, apparently there's an official Twitter quiz for FE Heroes. Japanese-only I think: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70357-official-twitter-quiz-for-orbs-and-feathers/.

The second one is on Odin and skill fodder. At this point, Odin's probably the worst unit. He's from what I read in some of the threads on Serenes Forest, only useful for getting Blarraven and Moonbow and even then, giving Blarraven to the other mages is pretty pointless outside of Ursula since she's basically a cavalry Nino. On the gamepress site, Arthur, Est, Gwendolyn, Ogma, and Sophia are all rated as low as Odin, but I feel like all of them have redeeming qualities or can be improved with other skills. I don't know why Est is down there, though... Anyway, Arthur's skills rock;. giving him a special would make him even better. Problem is that there are so many powerful, legendary red units that Arthur isn't useful. Gwendolyn at least is a tank and giving her a Silver Lance might be a way to make her do damage -- weird since her art has her hold a lance that looks like a Silver one instead of a Killer Lance --, Ogma is a one-trick pony, and Sophia at least can do a ton of damage despite being ridiculously slow -- Zephiel apparently will end up being even slower than her. Odin is just there. There's pretty much no reason to use him unless you really like him or you have no blue mages which kind of only applies to people who started playing or re-rolled after Ursula. And even still, M!Robin can be summoned as a 3* to 4* like Odin.

The worst of it is that you can't really improve Odin. He's got one of the lowest attack while having the strongest weapon path that is not a legendary. That's just absurd. It's understandable why Subaki and Sully's attack are low because Sapphire Lance adds 20% to their attack, why Selena's attack is low when her other stats are high, or why many Brave weapon users have lower attack than non-Brave weapon users. Odin? Odin with Blarraven gets bonuses to his attack from buffs. Justifiable, right? From what I read, Odin needs 2 buffs to do about the same amount -- more like similar than anything -- of damage the other blue mages do with Blarraven or with their own tomes they were pretty much designed for. Outside of HP and speed, none of his other stats are outstanding and relatively speaking, none of his stats are outstanding compared to the other blue mages or mages in general. If anything, they're worse. The developers probably will not alter units, stat or skill-wise -- we're just going to add them in like removing Vengeance from Takumi will lead to people finding units with Vengeance or Reprisal to add to him --, but if there's one itty-bitty thing that I wished was changed on Odin was that his average attack should at least be 38 which is what his high attack is. Maybe it could be 41 or whatever, but Odin's just a sad creature right now. Part of this complaint is that outside of Ursula, he's my only other blue mage which sucks. I always liked F!Robin more because you could get Michelle Ruff as her voice, but M!Robin seems like a angel now. Why couldn't Lucius have been a blue mage? I swear if Artur from The Sacred Stones also gets made into a healer. THEY'RE MONKS! OFFENSIVE LIGHT MAGES!

So, as I still remain indecisive about which asterisk to pick, I ended up letting Chompcraft play while I watched stuff and typed this up. I have all the upgrades, but the cp to pg ones which apparently you can't do until later in the game. It's kind of hectic after you get all the upgrades and it's like an in-game music viewer.
I never really found the time to do much of Chompcraft, but apparently its the best way to earn Pg in the game. Though I've heard that sometimes it freezes. Never happened to me though.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Beat BotW last night
Only got 4 hours of sleep because of it but it was worth
Definitely deserves the scores, one of my fav games <3
I can't even begin to imagine the amount of hours that sleep was lost for you to beat it so quickly. Golly.
Mhm. RosalinA RosalinA once pointed out soon after becoming a regular visitor that since Zelda is completely irrelevant in all games except for PM at one point that there's no reason to talk about her. Rather, we just trade jokes and discuss relevant games. That's why it's so active.
''Tis great.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I can't even begin to imagine the amount of hours that sleep was lost for you to beat it so quickly. Golly.

Mhm. RosalinA RosalinA once pointed out soon after becoming a regular visitor that since Zelda is completely irrelevant in all games except for PM at one point that there's no reason to talk about her. Rather, we just trade jokes and discuss relevant games. That's why it's so active.
''Tis great.
I wouldn't really say I beat it quickly, since it took me nearly 2 weeks, but I guess that's faster than most people?
I did end up "accidentally" staying up until 1 am quite a few times lol

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292
I remember one time I didn't hop on for a day, and when I came back there were 5-7 new pages.

I wouldn't really say I beat it quickly, since it took me nearly 2 weeks, but I guess that's faster than most people?
How much time did you put in? Your system should have a program that keeps count.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I never really found the time to do much of Chompcraft, but apparently its the best way to earn Pg in the game. Though I've heard that sometimes it freezes. Never happened to me though.
Well, I just had it run while I was browsing the web and watching NintendoCapriSun play through randomizers of Super Metroid and just started his A Link to the Past randomizer. So, wasn't really playing it and I just wanted to unlock some of the stuff for completion's sake. The plus side is that the animations are cute and funny. Magnolia's fast, but her dexterity is apparently the worst out of the bunch and she's the one with scissors... which she tosses into the air whenever she's done cutting; Tiz is the jack of all trades and gets the everyday man's jobs of stuffing the plushies, Edea being the buff gorl she is, is the one gluing stuff with such force I'm surprised the stupid thing doesn't bounce back and destroy every everything, and Yew who has the highest dexterity is doing the painting. The weird thing is that he is painting the plushies. I figure he'd be in front of Magnolia and behind Tiz in the process where he's the one dyeing the fabric -- it is fabric, right? -- instead of painting. Wouldn't painting make them more like paper mache? Now I'm just thinking about this too much.

Also, the one party event that you get from Chompcraft is hilarious. The fumes! Breath, everyone, breath!

Anyway, I decided and the Thief class is awesome. That bow damage. BUT! Outside of Edea looking dorky with the hood on, the outcome was sad. Backstabbing someone used to backstabbing to survive and who is trying to turn a new leaf, forcing the desert people to endure even more in hope that the water can be used to provide for a better future... Is this the price to pay... for power!? Also, a guide said to get the Swordmaster asterisk first -- yay, backstabbing Edea's master... -- instead of the Summoner -- "Stay away from the summoner!" -- because you can't get the last summon unless you fight the Summoner in chapter 5 and if you choose to fight her now, then you can't fight her again or something. Screw it, I'm just going to make this run a "break your own heart and be an ass to everyone" run. That means I'm gonna have to be mean to the White Mage. Y'know, I can't think of a White Mage character who was not nice. Never played Bravely Default, so I don't know what the White Mage is like, so let's see how this goes...

Well, with the recent events of FE Heroes, I've ended up with a lot of orbs. I think I'm at 56 to 58 orbs. I kind of want to summon, but don't at the same time. I got screwed over twice already or rather, 13 times already from getting archers and non-duplicate blue units. The other thing is that I'd like to know what the next special map units are. If Gordin, Niles, or Setsuna are a part of it, then whatever, I'll just train them. And then there's the whole I wonder what the next batch of characters will be. Maybe Shinon will be in if it's Tellius -- would love this -- or maybe Innes or Neimi from the Sacred Stones -- would love this too -- will be. Innes would be a Jeorge, Shinon is basically Takumi as the other archer who was amazing during his time, and Neimi is good from what the wiki says and is considered to be a better Ranger / Bow Knight than a Sniper since Innes while a pre-promoted sniper, is still pretty good and the other Ranger option is Gerik who probably should be made a Hero instead. She's likely to not be a mounted archer if she makes it in, but it would be cool. Meanwhile, Dayan, Rath, Sin, and Sue.

Edit: Just remembered that Myrrh existed and her affinity is Wind. Perfect for another green dragon. Oh, and there is a playable Wyvern Rider in that game: Cormag. Dude uses lances, so there's that too. Apparently his stat growths are the same as Raven's. I guess they could make him a Brave Lance user, but there isn't a playable flyer unit with a Silver Lance, so maybe Cormag? Heath might work better for that and have Cormag be a blue, flying Raven.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Yet another page steal. Too easy. :p

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to look through my final assignment of what I'll have to do for this week and choose which section I'll begin with. Hopefully they'll be one that I'll like or interest me.

Dammit Puddin! You made her cry!

I'm pretty sure she's crying because she found out Ike would never fight for her.

I'm genuinely curious on what/who Antonykun will draw next. :secretkpop:
Antonykun Antonykun is probably ready to draw the best anime girl of all time. Which is probably Wrys with Mercy's body or something.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I remember one time I didn't hop on for a day, and when I came back there were 5-7 new pages.

How much time did you put in? Your system should have a program that keeps count.
Ahh found it. According to my Switch, I've played for 115 hours or more
That's way more than the 90 Bravely Default took.

Also I realized I also have a 3 star Gordin, so the next focus is pretty much useless to me. But I also don't really want anyone in the current focus. So I guess I'll just wait :/

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Thinking about units from The Sacred Stones made me wonder about something: was The Sacred Stones the last game that had Wyvern Riders primarily as lance users? I'm going to have to check, but the Wyvern Riders I remember seeing in the Tellius games were axe users. I know the Tellius games have a ton of classes with variations like there are sword, lance, and I think axe cavaliers, but I wonder why they decided to have Wyvern Riders switch to being axe users.

Also, SS has a lot of units they could use: Artur (blue mage), Cormag (lance Wyvern Rider), Duessel (great knight who hopefully will be a lance cavalry instead of an axe one like Frederick and Gunter), Innes and Neimi (archers), Knoll (red mage), Lute (green mage), Myrrh (green dragon), Saleh (blue or green mage as he's a sage with access to anima and light magic), the almighty Seth (god unit), and Tethys (dancer). Basically, anyone who is not a red sword unit. Ideally, Myrrh should be in since I don't know of any other Manaketes other than apparently, Myrrh's dad, Morva, who would fit as a green, Wind unit. Nah would probably follow in her mom's footsteps as another blue dragon which would make 4 blue dragons, Corrin's kid, and Nils would be an ice dragon like his sister. They should introduce beast units sometime... The others, well, Artur would be the band-aid to the sin known as healer Lucius, it would be neat to have a lance Wyvern Rider or a mounted archer, but other popular characters could fill in that role, an overall tanky, defensive cavalier would be cool, and more mages is nice. Tethys is probably the only other one along with Myrrh to stand out. Problem is what the hell would she do to attack. A dancing thief could work.

Just noticed that SS has a lot of rugged and muscular characters. And... now, I really want Duessel because apparently he's a really nice grandpa. Duessel, Wrys, or another old guy and I can have a senior citizen arena team. GO TEACH THOSE WHIPPERSNAPPERS A LESSON!

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
AND I'M DONE
WHY THE **** DID THIS TAKE ME 4 HOURS?!

this was a picture that i wanted to do since Michalis was the grand hero battle
PS I'm fully aware Maria would just drop kick Michalis while yelling "NO PROTESTING" in a deep man voice but i felt it was more dramatic like this
20170320_205504.jpg

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292
Ahh found it. According to my Switch, I've played for 115 hours or more
That's way more than the 90 Bravely Default took.
Geez. I've only put in around 70. I just like goofing around and aimlessly traveling. Beat all the labyrinths last time I played though, so I got some sweet rewards out of that.
I think I put in...120 hours on Bravely Default? I wanted to get everyone maxed out on every job.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
98 and a half hours for me for BotW. Would've been more since there have been a few days where I barely played or didn't play at all, but I'm already kinda losing interest, already thinking about starting a new playthrough, probably my French one. (btw for anyone wanting to start another file, you have to be on a different account if you don't want your old file deleted. So yeah, only 1 file per account. Lame.)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I've got 115 hours right now, but I've also only completed two Divine Beasts (Zora and Goron ones). I still have over half the map to explore, too. I'm thinking that I'll be completing the story around 300 hours, but we'll see.

Also someone pls give me tips on the horseback archer drill training, I need to hit 23 for the final horse thing and I've broken all of my bows + used up all of my arrows :(((((

In other news I got Wolf Link for $1 and he's super great, I wish I had him earlier on. He's really good for hunting animals and allows you to collect a ton of resources from animals without having to do anything. Plus, he'll basically destroy all weaker enemies so you don't need to waste your weapon durability or spend time setting down bombs against them.

His AI is also really good, he's able to follow you basically anywhere because his stats are more similar to Link compared to a horse, so he's not getting stopped at every slope and things of that sort. Plus, he can use his Midna hax to teleport to you if he gets too far away or has absolutely no way of reaching you. I'm guessing this is why you're not allowed to tame regular animals, too.

Combat-wise is where things start getting a bit problematic, though, and change how you need to approach things. Wolf Link has around 15 defense, so even with 20 hearts, he's taken out really easily by the stronger enemies in the game. For example, one hit from a White Lynel will leave him with around 4 hearts. Plus, in skirmishes where there's a lot of enemies chasing you (ie: if you bum rush an enemy camp), he's much more likely to get attacked. This isn't a terrible issue given that you can tell Wolf Link to stay, allowing you to take out some enemies before you whistle him in, but it's a bit annoying because if you get too far away while fighting he'll just teleport to you and auto-aggro.

However, if you're more careful, he's really helpful. If enemies haven't noticed you, Wolf Link will be targeted as though he was a wild animal, so he can run in and distract enemies, allowing you to get into much better positions than you'd normally be able to. Plus, when Wolf Link is fighting alone, as long as there isn't a billion enemies, his AI is really good at avoiding getting hit. He'll circle around enemies until an opening is available, then rush in with the same attack that he uses in TP when you charge with Midna, which is completely invincible, so he can't just jump into attacks. Plus, in the case that there is multiple enemies, he'll attack similar to the TP thing and go from enemy to enemy extremely fast.

When you're noticed by an enemy, they no longer care about Wolf Link, which makes it much safer for him to run around. While I usually have him spend his time taking out the grounded archers, he's really helpful when fighting directly with Link, too. When Wolf Link attacks enemies that aren't huge (ie: Moblin and Lynel), he will temporarily "stun" them, because the smaller ones, like Bokoblin and Lizalfos, have those little hitstun animations. This means that when you're fighting these enemies, Wolf Link can create a ton of openings for you to attack, or directly stop the enemy from attacking you. Plus, if you get an actual knockdown, he'll nearly double the time enemies are open by tossing them around even further.

Also, **** horses + wolf link. If you whistle they'll both run at you. Fighting through a Bokoblin camp filled with bomb arrow archers while your horse and dog are chasing you is terrible.

tl;dr 7.8/10 too much commas

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Man you guys make me feel like I sped through the game too fast. I only have 22 shrines left though, and I've completed the map. Ah well
I'm very very excited for the DLC, can't wait for that new story :D

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm considering selling my Switch copy so I can get the Wii U version so I can actually play the game

And then when I get a Switch sell the Wii U copy and get the Switch version again

It'll be a net loss but I really want to play it

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
If you have the money for a Switch already, just wait for the restock on the 22nd. If you don't, then get Wii U.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
This is actually kinda cool for a rando-mashup video. Well, most mashup videos are cool, but I haven't really seen any new (well this is new to me anyway) ones lately.

Also

This is what happens when Cress! Cress! leaves me to my own devices. I wind up in strange places.
ScreenShot_17-03-21_01-28-34-000.jpg

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
If you have the money for a Switch already, just wait for the restock on the 22nd. If you don't, then get Wii U.
I wish I did. My new job is literally giving me 4 hours a week and it all ends up going to bills or whatever. At this rate it'll take months

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
This is what happens when Cress! Cress! leaves me to my own devices. I wind up in strange places.
I did nothing wrong

Unrelated: I finished the important videos playlist. I watched the first 200 yesterday and it was pretty good, but the last 110 mentally hurt me.
Now 2 sleeeeeeeeeep

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Going to be doing some User Research today and see what kind of materials and techniques I can use for this part of my course. Also, new Safari Event going on in Shuffle. You can now get Goldeen, Seaking, Crabby, Kingler, Plusle, Minun and two Pikachus in Kimonos. Oh, and you can also more easily get Kyurem Black and Hydreigon now. So that's neat. (You also get 30 Hearts)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
What playlist tho?
The important videos playlist. The one recommended everywhere and that has over 400 million views (somehow).
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7XlqX4npddfrdpMCxBnNZXg2GFll7t5y
You could give me $1,000 for finishing it and I wouldn't.

Edit in since nobody's posted; one of my friends just summoned 2 5 stars in a single round.

And both were Priscilla.

rip

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've gotten two 5* units in the same summon on two separate occasions. The first time was Nowi and my 2nd Reinhardt, and the second time was Karel and my 2nd Priscilla

All I want is Ninian and Jaffar, but there's no way I'll get either of them cricricri

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I only ever gotten one 2 5* pulls it was with Leo and Olwen

Anywho's I drew another thing
20170321_155821.jpg

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm now at the Yiga Clan's Hideout. Where I have to sneak by a ton of powerful members of the Yiga Clan. Throwing Bananas and watching them skip over to them is kind of adorable and funny at the same time. :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And her name is... Effie!
Screenshot_20170321-161934[1].png

Fitting that she leveled up by killing Hinoka and Ryoma. Lobster hunting and... what animal would Hinoka even be? Whatever, just replace Robin with Merric and this is basically what happened.
Merric was in along with Gunter since they were 1 level behind F!Robin. I figured I'd bring along Catria instead since it would be stupid if the both blue units were magically resistant. I was kind of right since it was Hinoka and Linde -- I really wished Merric was a 5* so he could at least be super effective against flyers. Effie could have taken care of everything by herself, but it would have been nice if Catria got some EXP. Yeah... She did everything except taking care of Linde who Gunter destroyed in one fell swoop. The moment Ryoma died and Hinoka attacked Effie, her EXP was about 8 points left. It was a decision: do I want Merric to maybe level up or do I want a level 40 5* unit. I picked Effie.

First level 40 5* unit, second level 40 unit after Lissa, and a very consistent and deadly unit. She also skyrocketed in levels since she could take on almost any unit without a problem even if they were type advantage or had anti-armor weapons. So, I had a feeling she was likely going to reach level 40 before Lucina. The only problem she has is her low speed -- even lower since she has a low speed, high HP nature -- which sucks against mages. My only problem with her gameplay-wise is that I don't really know how to use knights. Anyway, probably my favorite knight after Hector who I just realized is the only unique knight since he doesn't have a shield and has a unique ready animation. The only knight off the top of my head that would follow this would be the Black Knight since he doesn't use shields either. GBA and NES? knight didn't have shields, but they're probably just going to give them shields to make it easier to make them.

More of a game problem than a unit problem, but as she's a level 40 unit, she can't gain large amounts of SP anymore by leveling up and Effie's skills cost a ton. She's sitting at 200-ish SP now which isn't much when inherited skills cost x1.5 more. This is worse as I summoned her as a 5* so she can't build up SP like 3* and below units. Maybe they could make it so that level 40 units can continue to level up, but only gain SP or at their level, gain a flat 10 SP per kill on units at most 6 levels under them.

Still wished her voice was softer. Her design, especially her hair and facial features, just strikes me as a quiet, but extremely deadly and powerful knight. Setsuna's voice is soft, but she's goofy and Beruka is quiet in an emotionless killing machine way. Eh, speak softly and carry a big stick is what Effie makes me think of. That or have her voice not sound so forced. Well, whatever.

As for Bravely Second, apparently the Japanese version had a bug that made it difficult to get the Summoner's last summon and something about new game plus screwing you of of a summon. The first was fixed in the overseas version, so, okay, I guess I don't have to choose Swordmaster to avoid the glitch. That said...
If you take the Swordmaster asterisk, you can get free katana from the owl dudes in certain locations. I was wondering what they were when I first saw one in the Ba'al Crater. Apparently, they give you either a katana if you chose Swordmaster or a summon if you chose Summoner. You can get all but one katana from shops, but free stuff is free which is nice since I'm trying to complete Yew's Diary, especially the bestiary which has funny comments if a bit spoiler-y since for whatever reason, the purple feather comments before you even learn who that person is.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards Summoner because you can get the other katana except for that one by buying them or stealing them -- Rob Blind is awesome. That said, I wanted to break my heart on this run and go against everything, so I might take the Swordmaster instead and backstab Edea's master. Yay... Speaking of which, apparently the overseas version cut out the bad endings of the side quest asterisk choices where you could only get the good ending if you picked them again. It would have been a hassle to have to go through the game at least 4 times, but it would have been nice for those extra scenes. I'd even go as far as say that there should have been a reconcile option you could get if you see them 5 times or maybe have it happen in the third run.

Quick edit: Forgot about this: Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology was announced today: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/21/radiant-historia-perfect-chronology-announced-nintendo-3ds/. It's a remake of Radiant Historia which I heard was really good. Has anyone here played it?

And KoF is getting a CG anime: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/21/king-fighters-getting-cg-animated-series-starting-summer-2017/.

Last edited:
Top Bottom