• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I kept soft resetting for a Modest or Timid Popplio. I got a male one with the nature and named ha Ida Mann because it's now a drag kween.

I think it could be a soap opera...

There is a lot of infidelity but not much murder yet unfortunately.
At least you can get away with murder in TS4.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
My first Popplio was a male +attack -special defense

I feel like that's one of the worst possible combinations. This is not a good sign

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
resetting for starters in this gen is horrible lol

that cutscene makes it around 3 minutes per reset

at least if one of them ends up shiny you can see it before you pick, apparently

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
You mean gorls need to accept your Pokémon for who they are ;_;

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
i accepted my rowlet for what she is and she spent most of the game dead

but i love my dead owl

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
tbqh by the end of the game i didn't care that much about any of my pokemon except mimikyu

mimikyu sweeps were fun

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
ALL I WANT IS A SHINY POPPLIO, OR AT THE VERY LEAST A FEMALE POPPLIO WITH LIQUID VOICE!!! IS THAT SO HARD!? IS THERE A REASON POKEMON MADE IT A 5 MINUTE CUTSCENE EVERY TIME I SOFT RESET!? 4 HOURS! 4 WHOLE HOURS OF THIS! I just want my brown curly hair so I actually look like me in Pokemon. With a Liquid Voice Popplio of course. Is that so hard? Scumbag way out I guess but does anyone want to help me? You can take my Ash-Greninja.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
...but he is hot and toasty.
:secretkpop:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
ALL I WANT IS A SHINY POPPLIO, OR AT THE VERY LEAST A FEMALE POPPLIO WITH LIQUID VOICE!!! IS THAT SO HARD!? IS THERE A REASON POKEMON MADE IT A 5 MINUTE CUTSCENE EVERY TIME I SOFT RESET!? 4 HOURS! 4 WHOLE HOURS OF THIS! I just want my brown curly hair so I actually look like me in Pokemon. With a Liquid Voice Popplio of course. Is that so hard? Scumbag way out I guess but does anyone want to help me? You can take my Ash-Greninja.
Liquid Voice is its hidden ability, you can't get a Liquid Voice Popplio as a starter (or at all, currently).

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So I just hope I get it as Primarina? Does being a shiny raise the likely hood of me getting it? And what do you mean by "not at all currently"?
Hidden Abilities can only be obtained on a Pokémon through certain methods, like finding a Psyduck with Cloud 9 in a horde, finding a Braixen with Magician in the friend safari in XY, or getting an event Pokémon with its hidden ability already on it, like about a year or so ago when they released the Unova Starters with hidden abilities.

Starter Pokémon that you receive in the beginning of the game will always have Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent, as will their evolutions. So until they release an Event Primarina, there's no way to get a Popplio with its hidden ability

Shininess has no effect on a Pokémon's ability

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Hidden Abilities can only be obtained on a Pokémon through certain methods, like finding a Psyduck with Cloud 9 in a horde, finding a Braixen with Magician in the friend safari in XY, or getting an event Pokémon with its hidden ability already on it, like about a year or so ago when they released the Unova Starters with hidden abilities.

Starter Pokémon that you receive in the beginning of the game will always have Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent, as will their evolutions. So until they release an Event Primarina, there's no way to get a Popplio with its hidden ability

Shininess has no effect on a Pokémon's ability
OK. Thanks. It just seemed like every shiny starter I encountered had their hidden ability except for Unova.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Mooching off of Intelligently using the games lab to play games is fun. First time I got to use a PS4 and Wii U. I really, really like the DualShock 4 which might or might not be controller bias since I've used Dualshocks the most compared to Xbox 360 controllers and whatever the hell Nintendo decides is their next controller. Playing Smash 4 with the Wii U tablet or with any controller like the Wii Classic controller that I never used before is terrible -- there isn't a GCN adapter if you're wondering. First time also seeing what a Dreamcast in person looks like -- I think it's my first time, but I might have seen one at my cousin's house -- and finding out it has a web browser through a disc. The Dreamcast itself is dead, so that's a shame.

The only sad thing is that if assuming the worst, people have stolen from that room. Couldn't try out games like Mario Kart 8 because of that. Makes it much worse when the games lab was made by people, staff and students, donating. Otherwise, and best case scenario, some of the missing stuff might have been misplaced.

Anyway, playing Bloodborne whenever I get the chance is great since outside of Demon's Souls, I haven't played any of the other Demon's / Dark Souls / Bloodborne games. Reason being because I'd like to play them on PC for stabler and higher framerate with the right hardware. First time involved using a DualShock 4 with a busted right analog stick. Hilarity and misery ensued. After that, apparently, as a "beginner", I wasn't supposed to pick the Threaded Cane and the Hunters Pistol isn't as friendly as the Hunters Blunderbuss. Whateves, since I decided on the Threaded Cane a while back watching and learning about the game and I watched one shotgun-loving player use the Blunderbuss the entire game, so I'd rather see something else. That and I don't see how it takes "longer to figure out to use" that was said on Fextralife. Cane for 1v1 and faster attacks; whip for AOE and range. Figuring out the cards that are dealt to you and in general is kind one of the selling points of those games. You chose poorly? Deal with it. But people go with cookie cutter builds all the time from CoD, Exteel, etc., which in some cases, it can be justified if there really isn't much of a choice meaning the game's poorly designed.

Got lost when I first played; couldn't find another path other than the Cleric Beast since I was running for my life in fear of the the werewolf things and the Solomon Grundy rejects on the bridge, so that ended up leading me to grind a bit since I didn't know what to do. Figured it out yesterday with a walkthrough of the beginning area, died to Gascoigne 3 times, once in stupidity because I did nothing, but dodged into him or into an obstacle, other times just couldn't beat him while he had like 20%-30% of his HP left, got mad, went back to the Cleric Beast, killed it, almost was late for class because of that, was totally worth it. Now I'll have to fight Gascoigne again...

Despite having a harder time because I'm adjusting to the different mechanics and no sound since I don't want to bother the people in adjacent rooms, I like Bloodborne much more than Demon's Souls. What ruined Demon's Souls for me was that so many people were saying it's so hard and unforgiving. For me, it wasn't hard, but it was unforgiving which isn't new or anything different. Part of it is that I tend to be a cautious player -- reason why I ran away against those enemies on the bridge until I tried fighting them and it turns out they're not really that threatening. At the same time, when I do reckless things, I know I'm being reckless and that whatever happens is entirely my fault. Adding that Demon's Souls -- can't say anything about the Dark Souls games -- is more defensive, more shield-focused, turtle-y, and some of the literally damned areas in Demon's Souls -- screw you, Valley of Defilement -- made it tedious. It was not fun, it was not "joyous", and it was not challenging, especially in a good way. I mean, really? Platforming in a game with movement and controls like this?

Going into Bloodborne without that mindset and that I prefer not having a shield be the ultimate security blanket made Bloodborne much more enjoyable. Level design-wise and maybe overall design-wise, Bloodborne and from what I've seen of the Dark Souls games, they look much better. I don't know; I just don't like Demon's Souls. It's a good game, but I do not like playing it at all. Finished it for the sake of finishing it. Also, being able to wield and wear whatever you want is awesome. Meanwhile, in Demon's Souls. Oh, you're over-encumbered. Enjoy moving and rolling slower. And all the other cool looking stuff goes back into the box.

Last edited:
Anyway, playing Bloodborne whenever I get the chance is great since outside of Demon's Souls, I haven't played any of the other Demon's / Dark Souls / Bloodborne games. Reason being because I'd like to play them on PC for stabler and higher framerate with the right hardware. First time involved using a DualShock 4 with a busted right analog stick. Hilarity and misery ensued. After that, apparently, as a "beginner", I wasn't supposed to pick the Threaded Cane and the Hunters Pistol isn't as friendly as the Hunters Blunderbuss. Whateves, since I decided on the Threaded Cane a while back watching and learning about the game and I watched one shotgun-loving player use the Blunderbuss the entire game, so I'd rather see something else. That and I don't see how it takes "longer to figure out to use" that was said on Fextralife. Cane for 1v1 and faster attacks; whip for AOE and range. Figuring out the cards that are dealt to you and in general is kind one of the selling points of those games. You choose poorly? Deal with it. But people go with cookie cutter builds all the time from CoD, Exteel, etc., which in some cases, it can be justified if there really isn't much of a choice meaning the game's poorly designed.

Got lost when I first played; couldn't find another path other than the Cleric Beast since I was running for my life in fear of the the werewolf things and the Solomon Grundy rejects on the bridge, so that ended up leading me to grind a bit since I didn't know what to do. Figured it out yesterday with a walkthrough of the beginning area, died to Gascoigne 3 times, once in stupidity because I did nothing, but dodged into him or into an obstacle, other times just couldn't beat him while he had like 20%-30% of his HP left, got mad, went back to the Cleric Beast, killed it, almost was late for class because of that, was totally worth it. Now I'll have to fight Gascoigne again...

Despite having a harder time because I'm adjusting to the different mechanics and no sound since I don't want to bother the people in adjacent rooms, I like Bloodborne much more than Demon's Souls. What ruined Demon's Souls for me was that so many people were saying it's so hard and unforgiving. For me, it wasn't hard, but it was unforgiving which isn't new or anything different. Part of it is that I tend to be a cautious player -- reason why I ran away against those enemies on the bridge until I tried fighting them and it turns out they're not really that threatening. At the same time, when I do reckless things, I know I'm being reckless and that whatever happens is entirely my fault. Adding that Demon's Souls -- can't say anything about the Dark Souls games -- is more defensive, more shield-focused, turtle-y, and some of the literally damned areas in Demon's Souls -- screw you, Valley of Defilement -- made it tedious. It was not fun, it was not "joyous", and it was not challenging, especially in a good way. I mean, really? Platforming in a game with movement and controls like this?

Going into Bloodborne without that mindset and that I prefer not having a shield be the ultimate security blanket made Bloodborne much more enjoyable. Level design-wise and maybe overall design-wise, Bloodborne and from what I've seen of the Dark Souls games, they look much better. I don't know; I just don't like Demon's Souls. It's a good game, but I do not like playing it at all. Finished it for the sake of finishing it. Also, being able to wield and wear whatever you want is awesome. Meanwhile, in Demon's Souls. Oh, you're over-encumbered. Enjoy moving and rolling slower. And all the other cool looking stuff goes back into the box.
The Threaded Cane in general is an underwhelming weapon tbh. It has fairly decent range (as a cane), low-moderate damage, low stamina consumption, decent scaling, alright-ish blood gem imprints (normal). In the right situations it can be godly, like cheeseing stuff through walls, CC'ing, etc. ,but the Beast-cutter can do all of that arguably better.
It probably takes "longer to figure out", because depending on its transformation state it'll add a damage modifier to specific enemies. To me that's its greatest selling-point and, simultaneously, its greatest weakness. In your first or second playthrough those modifiers may not mean much, but later on you'll realize that those specific modifiers for each transformation state make it less versatile overall than other weapons.

Guessing your going with a Skill build? What's going to be your secondary stat?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The Threaded Cane in general is an underwhelming weapon tbh. It has fairly decent range (as a cane), low-moderate damage, low stamina consumption, decent scaling, alright-ish blood gem imprints (normal). In the right situations it can be godly, like cheeseing stuff through walls, CC'ing, etc. ,but the Beast-cutter can do all of that arguably better.
It probably takes "longer to figure out", because depending on its transformation state it'll add a damage modifier to specific enemies. To me that's its greatest selling-point and, simultaneously, its greatest weakness. In your first or second playthrough those modifiers may not mean much, but later on you'll realize that those specific modifiers for each transformation state make it less versatile overall than other weapons.

Guessing your going with a Skill build? What's going to be your secondary stat?
But it's a classy cane sword whip! :p

Yeah, using the whip to cheese through walls is fun. Tried it on Gascogine with the graves until he stopped being stupid. Beast Cutter isn't an option because no DLC. Beast Cutter being better reminds me of the Claymore being basically an upgrade to the "Dastard" Sword in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1. Righteous cane and serrated whip modifiers; Kirkhammer has that too sort of where the sword has a righteous modifier while the hammer doesn't -- it just smashes stuff. For me, that doesn't really matter compared to knowing about elemental modifiers and doesn't really seem that complicated. If anything, it might be with the whole whip does less hit stun, so using it at range and knowing its range and startup is what trips people up. Heavy will stagger, but light attacks can glance which might freak people out.

As for a build, when I was thinking about stuff about the game -- hypothetical playthrough and stuff --, I wanted to end up using the Blade of Mercy despite knowing that in Bloodborne and the Demon's / Dark Souls games in general, you're usually fighting giant monsters who laugh at puny human weapons. This obviously clashes with my change in weapon preferences after my teenage years of thinking greatswords like Anduril, the Buster Sword, Ragnell, and Rebellion were the coolest things since leather trench coats and sliced bread. Nowadays, it's more of shorter weapons like axes, cutlasses, and daggers. It's still early in the game, I haven't invested in any points into anything, but Skill and 1-2 points into Endurance -- I've been actively trying to avoid putting points into HP for some masochistic reason until I beat the Cleric Beast and dumped 2 just 'cause --, and I did pick up the Saw Spear, so I could just use that or go quality build and pick something else. There's always the Chikage for me to go cry in a corner as I use another katana in another game... Also, it's not my copy of the game, PS4, etc., so it's more of a let's screw around playthrough and have a brief respite before classes which doesn't make sense since Bloodborne. Gee, let's relax and have fun as Eldritch abominations threaten my sanity at every nook and cranny.

Edit: Actual BiBi stuff: jazz remix of Diamond Princess no Yuutsu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2RPr1w4AOM.

Last edited:
But it's a classy cane sword whip! :p

Yeah, using the whip to cheese through walls is fun. Tried it on Gascogine with the graves until he stopped being stupid. Beast Cutter isn't an option because no DLC. Beast Cutter being better reminds me of the Claymore being basically an upgrade to the "Dastard" Sword in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1. Righteous cane and serrated whip modifiers; Kirkhammer has that too sort of where the sword has a righteous modifier while the hammer doesn't -- it just smashes stuff. For me, that doesn't really matter compared to knowing about elemental modifiers and doesn't really seem that complicated. If anything, it might be with the whole whip does less hit stun, so using it at range and knowing its range and startup is what trips people up. Heavy will stagger, but light attacks can glance which might freak people out.

As for a build, when I was thinking about stuff about the game -- hypothetical playthrough and stuff --, I wanted to end up using the Blade of Mercy despite knowing that in Bloodborne and the Demon's / Dark Souls games in general, you're usually fighting giant monsters who laugh at puny human weapons. This obviously clashes with my change in weapon preferences after my teenage years of thinking greatswords like Anduril, the Buster Sword, Ragnell, and Rebellion were the coolest things since leather trench coats and sliced bread. Nowadays, it's more of shorter weapons like axes, cutlasses, and daggers. It's still early in the game, I haven't invested in any points into anything, but Skill and 1-2 points into Endurance -- I've been actively trying to avoid putting points into HP for some masochistic reason until I beat the Cleric Beast and dumped 2 just 'cause --, and I did pick up the Saw Spear, so I could just use that or go quality build and pick something else. There's always the Chikage for me to go cry in a corner as I use another katana in another game... Also, it's not my copy of the game, PS4, etc., so it's more of a let's screw around playthrough and have a brief respite before classes which doesn't make sense since Bloodborne. Gee, let's relax and have fun as Eldritch abominations threaten my sanity at every nook and cranny.

Edit: Actual BiBi stuff: jazz remix of Diamond Princess no Yuutsu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2RPr1w4AOM.
Well less hitstun and overall staggering potential is a part of it being not so good, the other part happens to be that its damage doesn't scale too well for mid/late-game (partially to do with its bonus). This is also considering the Hunter's Axe, which will boast a very high raw damage rating throughout all stages of the game (AND CAN SPIN2WIN), and the Saw Cleaver, which keeps the serrated bonus for both forms, boasts a versatile moveset, and retains pretty above average damage throughout the game. But yeah like I said those multipliers may not seem like much now, but wait until you get to the point where every point of damage counts.

BoM are still pretty great from what I remember. If you can get the right gems on that bad boy, you'll be hitting VERY hard and VERY fast; not to mention that it DOES stagger (can't remember on which hit though :p).

Well once you get further into the game, lemme know what you feel like building!

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to go out with my parents for brunch. So that'll be fun. :yeahboi:
They also showed me a huge Christmas Tree with Santas sticking out of it from windows too.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Update on my copy of Moon:

So I got an email saying that it's going to be delivered tomorrow, but I thought the postal service didn't deliver stuff on Sunday. I don't really care at this point tbh.

And if anyone with Sun could please trade me a Turtonator, I would greatly appreciate it

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
you can get turtonator in moon by going into the alternate dimension at the altar or w/e

it's really bugging me how in S/M the opponent's Pokémon go through right to left instead of left to right like previous games

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
you can get turtonator in moon by going into the alternate dimension at the altar or w/e

it's really bugging me how in S/M the opponent's Pokémon go through right to left instead of left to right like previous games
ya but i want to use it in my playthrough of the game
i don't want to wait until the endgame to use ha

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641

So I got an email saying that it's going to be delivered tomorrow, but I thought the postal service didn't deliver stuff on Sunday. I don't really care at this point tbh.

And if anyone with Sun could please trade me a Turtonator, I would greatly appreciate it
If I find one, I'll give it to you.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

My copy of Sun was delivered earlier, but I can't get to it until late tonight or sometimes tomorrow
And I'll give you a Turtonator if you give me Drampa ;w;

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
My copy of Sun was delivered earlier, but I can't get to it until late tonight or sometimes tomorrow
And I'll give you a Turtonator if you give me Drampa ;w;
Drampa is one of the last pokemon you can catch before the end of the game (meaning you can literally only get him when you're going to the e4)

I can get you one, but you'd have to wait a while.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Drampa is one of the last pokemon you can catch before the end of the game (meaning you can literally only get him when you're going to the e4)

I can get you one, but you'd have to wait a while.
That's fine. I wasn't planning on using him for my team since I heard he was super late game
I just love my Dragon Grandpa ;w;

for those who are still interested in overwatch stuff, i played around with the patch for like... 5 hours or some ****

- soldier is amazing. he's amazing at shredding rein's barrier and he combos so well with ana boost
- dva is REALLY good. like, man. didn't know a 100 hp buff and a bump up in movement speed while firing would do so much. literally takes ages killing her
- rein shield does not last that long. lol. he's still good but you can't just walk into chokes and expect the rein shield to stay up for long
- zarya is still good. i mean, yeah. it's harder to maintain charge but she's still good
- mei is still mei. **** mei. lol
- pharah still sucks tbh
- ana is still amazing. her E is still good and her nano boost still combos well with certain heroes. lucio speed boost should still make some former tactics work. sort of but still. ana's still gud
- sombra is ok

so yeah

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Sombra is actually pretty underwhelming

Her spread is so gigantic that you basically have to be on top of someone to do any meaningful damage, and it takes her 3 seconds to do the same damage Tracer does in 1 second. Aside from a few select targets (basically Reinhardt and Roadhog, maybe a few others), hacking an enemy isn't that big of a deal. The health pack thing and her ult are the best parts of her kit imo

I could plausibly see her getting a few smalls buffs here and there. Maybe she's just too new and we're all using her wrong idk

maybe we're using her wrong. i mean, the devs said that she's an offensive-ish support class or something like that. kinda like how symmetra is a support that doesn't really heal. hacking is good in terms of what it can do but what makes it not that great is that it can be interrupted by taking damage. it's only really effective against reinhardt since he has to be 5 meters near you to deal damage and you can stay far away from him anyway while you're at it

her damage output tho is really her downfall. you have to give away one slot for sombra but which one are you willing to give away? you going for a 1-tank/3-dps comp? sounds like a bad idea considering that things die so fast in this meta compared to before. remove one support and replace it with sombra? well, at first, i thought it would sound like a good idea but.... nah. healers are too important in overwatch and sombra isn't a healer even with her interactions with the medkits

her damage needs to be buffed but for the sake of balancing things out, slightly reduce her utility. like, reduce the hp% at which opportunist works to 25% max hp, or reduce the duration of a hacked medkit (1 min currently, could be cut down to 30-45 seconds if her damage is buffed enough)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
well, ana did get a couple buffs before she actually became viable, so maybe the same will happen to sombra

even reducing sombra's spread by a little bit would do a lot for her

mfw i land consecutive headshot kills with widowmaker

oh and, yeah. a slight buff to the spread of her gun would do wonders for sombra. also, at least sombra's fun to use :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom