• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Just finished Episode 7 of Mob Psycho 100, and Episode 8 of New Game!.

I'm glad that Kamuro got his comeuppance from all of the delinquents getting at him. And it's interesting to see Mob's younger brother Ritsu finally get Psychic powers. Next week is going to be the two fighting each other and probably both teaming up against another Esper. Good episode!

New Game! was nice and enjoyable, I did enjoy that they showed off more of the game. Fairy Stories 3 looks a bit like Dark Souls tbh, though a lot more brighter. :V
Also, Nenecchi finally getting some screentime. Feel bad for Kou and Rin, having to deal with a game breaking bug. But those be the kinks when working in the game industry. :V

Mob Psycho 100 gets four :4ness:es out of 5.

New Game! gets four :4zelda:s out of 5.
The title Fairy Stories reminds me of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. Gameplay-wise, the UI looks like Dark Souls, but I'm pretty sure there are other games with that sort of UI like Dark Cloud has a similar UI minus the weapon and item boxes which if you look specifically for, then Devil May Cry, Metal Gear, and more have the weapon / item boxes on-screen either always or when you switch them out. Aesthetically, especially with Aoba Sophia who looks like a clown, I'm getting Dark Cloud 2 vibes, but that's probably because I've seen and gone through the first chapter of it so many times, I just associate clowns with Dark Cloud 2. Still, there's the remake Final Fantasy look and maybe Dragon Quest.

I love how Umiko can be so deadpan, but hilarious at the same time. Rin's basically the team mom at this point which does play off with how Kou is kind of like a fun and bumbling dad. And then there's the director being a creep as usual. Fun fact: the director, Shizuku Hazuki, and Juri Han share the same voice actress: Eri Kitamura. Two creepy characters in the own charming way. :p

Other stuff: KoF XIV's Women Fighters Team theme is really nice. I don't know why it's called Splendid Soldier, though. None of them are soldiers or connected to the military as far as I know.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
gorl can i be your partner pokemon? you could name it Noah, so it wouldn't be a pokemon named after another pokemon

EOS is one of my favorite games. I should replay it again tbh
To be honest, I like to give my partners original names so it's easier to make them OCs that I do nothing with ever
I'll definitely name any Pokemon you want after you though!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Cri

the recruit Pokemon are basically useless imo, so nty

Hew are you going to chose as your character and your partner?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Cri

the recruit Pokemon are basically useless imo, so nty

Hew are you going to chose as your character and your partner?
Well I'm planning on doing everything I can in the game, so I'll probably use a lot of the recruit Pokemon. If you don't wanna choose something, that's fine, I'll pick for you ;p

And I was thinking Shinx Hero. I'm not sure about the partner, though I'm leaning torwards a non-starter starter, like Eevee or Vulpix

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Something I've noticed about Smash 4 tier list is that people are never satisfied with bottom half. Everyone is always saying someone's underrated, or doesn't deserve to be that high, or isn't that much better than character X.

But you know what? This roster has 50+ characters in it. That's ridiculous. And the game is so deceptively well balanced, that it can really be hard to judge the characters who aren't being used by practically everyone(aka; anyone who isn't high tier). There's a reason the bottom half of the tier list is always so messed up - everyone knows about the top tiers, but only the enthusiast know the lower tiers.

We're all surprised to see ZeRo rank Olimar that high. I'm surprised to rank Olimar that high. But you know what? My opinion on Olimar is probably absolute garbage. I don't know karp about Olimar. I can't remember the last time I fought an Olimar main. Heck, I can't even remember the last time I've seen a Olimar get used by someone other than a bot period. It never even crossed my mind that he could even possibly have an advantage against Diddy.

Heck, we Mewtwo mains have been telling people he's not garbage for ages, yet somehow no one believed us until Abadongo won a tourny with him. Everyone's opinion on the character changed practically overnight just because one of the big names decided to dedicate himself to them.

Even you people in the Zelda social, who constantly make fun of her for being bad, seem to think she's not as horrible as people make her out to be. I recall when the official 2.0 tier list came out, a number of you were upset she was lower than Ganondorf. But people who don't use her probably didn't even think twice about that placement.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So... should I start with Re:Zero (despite I already read the first manga episodes so I have the gist of it), or finish with Danmachi that I've had in hold for a while now?
:196:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ah what the hell, I changed my mind. I'm **** at naming things anyways, so Lorde Lorde , I'll name my partner after you.
And I've decided that he'll be a Munchlax :dr^_^:

D

Deleted member

ZeRo sadly still perpetuating the :4shulk:main stereotype of "POTENTIAL!!!" and that he's somehow a secret high tier.

I know he believes in Shulk, and if anything it's nice to see a top player clearly see something in this character besides falln. But in the vid he didn't even weigh in on Shulk's advantages very well and emphasizes on what weighs him down, so if he was trying to gt others to look at Shulk more positively the message was quite muddled, especially since his tier list is wack as is. He's not even damn close to upper mid. Bottom of mid or high low at best (around 40-35).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So... should I start with Re:Zero (despite I already read the first manga episodes so I have the gist of it), or finish with Danmachi that I've had in hold for a while now?
Danmachi. Destroy the backlog. I have a ton of stuff in my backlog that it scares me. *backlog growls*

Just got back on continuing to watch Henneko. I don't remember why I stopped watching it despite only being 2 episodes in. Liked it too.

Last edited:

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Heck, we Mewtwo mains have been telling people he's not garbage for ages, yet somehow no one believed us until Abadongo won a tourny with him. Everyone's opinion on the character changed practically overnight just because one of the big names decided to dedicate himself to them.
Sorry, but this isn't a very fair comparison imo. Nobody believed Mewtwo mains because he had no results prior to Pound and it took him until December to get massive buffs:
image.png

It's like how Marth was perceived: he was a bad character until he got buffs and proved that those buffs significantly improve his play style. No one will believe anything about viability until it's proven in a practical setting such as larger-scale tournaments (similar to why Bidou (aside from ESAM really) and Step Dash are losing prominence.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry, but this isn't a very fair comparison imo. Nobody believed Mewtwo mains because he had no results prior to Pound and it took him until December to get massive buffs:
View attachment 116686
It's like how Marth was perceived: he was a bad character until he got buffs and proved that those buffs significantly improve his play style. No one will believe anything about viability until it's proven in a practical setting such as larger-scale tournaments (similar to why Bidou (aside from ESAM really) and Step Dash are losing prominence.)
>Mewtwo had no results before Pound

I don't even main Mewtwo anymore and this is total bull**** lol. M2 mains like Blue and Mew^2 were finally breaking out after 1.1.3 came along.

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
>Mewtwo had no results before Pound

I don't even main Mewtwo anymore and this is total bull**** lol. M2 mains like Blue and Mew^2 were finally breaking out after 1.1.3 came along.
I understand my error there, thanks for pointing that out. I acknowledge that Blue and Mew^2 did achieve significant results in their region before Mewtwo was considered how good he is today. However, these results, while impressive, aren't on the same scale as on a national level. They don't reach the extent that Abadango and Rich Brown achieved afterwards. Characters are generally less debilitatingly unviable on a more regional level (hence why bad characters like Zelda are pr'ed in some regions) rather than a national level. Again, not discrediting any of these players and their accomplishments, but many other bad characters had results almost comparable as Mewtwo. I'm going to assume the timeframe Zachmac implied was post-December, in which Mewtwo was seen as majorly improving from the lowest rungs, but not proven to be viable on a higher level (as seen with his 1st tier list placement, 37th).

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Even you people in the Zelda social, who constantly make fun of her for being bad, seem to think she's not as horrible as people make her out to be.
IDK if you accidentally fell down a hole and found yourself in the Zelda discord one day, but I don't think anyone here in the social has been perpetuating that idea. We only partially making fun of her, it's also just the truth that she's a bad character.

Also no one seems to understand anything about her. (And if they did they wouldn't try to place her above bottom tier) Just today I watched a brand new Ed Zelda vid and the commentators thrice showed me they know absolutely nothing about Zelda. AND THEY WATCH ED ALL THE TIME.

At one point the commentator was like "gosh, I really wish I knew if Zelda's Dthrow to UAir was guaranteed, I need that data"

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I will be forever salty at the fact that only one glass cannon of bottom tier was given major buffs to become high tier while the other was left behind.
it's Zelda if you don't get the joke

As far as opinions on Zelda go, I still feel like I lean a bit towards the more positive side of things. I really do think that she's a lot better than most players (aka non Zelda players) giver her credit for. Of course, that doesn't make her mid tier or anything. But she's definitely underestimated imo.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
patches for smash 4 were so good overall;
  • shieldstun buff, even if it made peach far worse and essentially unviable (plus her nerfs lol)
  • diddy/sheik/sonic nerfs, they're still top 3 tho lol
  • bayo nerfs, she's way more fun to play now
  • i-frame nerfs on defensive options
  • mewtwo and marth are super good and cloud nerfs are great
btw i have wifi on my wii u again so if anyone wants to play my bayo and get naired a lot feel free to add me @ Plushies4Ever
ZeRo sadly still perpetuating the :4shulk:main stereotype of "POTENTIAL!!!" and that he's somehow a secret high tier.

I know he believes in Shulk, and if anything it's nice to see a top player clearly see something in this character besides falln. But in the vid he didn't even weigh in on Shulk's advantages very well and emphasizes on what weighs him down, so if he was trying to gt others to look at Shulk more positively the message was quite muddled, especially since his tier list is wack as is. He's not even damn close to upper mid. Bottom of mid or high low at best (around 40-35).
hi bae (blows kiss)

anyways, like i told you, thank the lord you're a humble shulk player

D

Deleted member

patches for smash 4 were so good overall;
  • shieldstun buff, even if it made peach far worse and essentially unviable (plus her nerfs lol)
  • diddy/sheik/sonic nerfs, they're still top 3 tho lol
  • bayo nerfs, she's way more fun to play now
  • i-frame nerfs on defensive options
  • mewtwo and marth are super good and cloud nerfs are great
btw i have wifi on my wii u again so if anyone wants to play my bayo and get naired a lot feel free to add me @ Plushies4Ever

hi bae (blows kiss)

anyways, like i told you, thank the lord you're a humble shulk player
*accepts the blown kiss* <3

And yeah, I try. I just like playing my character. I must unleash the Banado's power.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I will be forever salty at the fact that only one glass cannon of bottom tier was given major buffs to become high tier while the other was left behind.
it's Zelda if you don't get the joke

As far as opinions on Zelda go, I still feel like I lean a bit towards the more positive side of things. I really do think that she's a lot better than most players (aka non Zelda players) giver her credit for. Of course, that doesn't make her mid tier or anything. But she's definitely underestimated imo.
Adding to this some

Making fun of Zelda is definitely like...in my DNA at this point, lol. It's just so hard to resist saying "lol zelda is ***", especially with all our memes about it.

BuT when things geT serious, I will defend ha to the bitter end.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
At one point the commentator was like "gosh, I really wish I knew if Zelda's Dthrow to UAir was guaranteed, I need that data"
They just need a good finger banging tbh

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya clearly didn't recall it right
Well, uh, you got me there. This is kind of embarrassing. Maybe it was the first video ZeRo made that I was thinking of? Or maybe my brain is just playing tricks on me. Probably that, actually. I've got some bad habits when it comes to skimming through threads.

Er, anyway, I feel that my point still stands. Throughout Smash 4's history, the second half of the tier list has always been the most controversial, and the characters down there have so many clashing strengths and weaknesses that it's really hard to say who's actually good and who's not. The game is just too big, too young, and too well balanced.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
For what it's worth I do think Shulk could be as high as upper mid once people master everything about him

Even in the Shulk discord people are like "yeah I only really use MALLC, MADC, and Purge"

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I donMt remeber ever losing as Zelda so she's probably high tier tbh.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Y'know, I am actually fuming you played doubles overnight. Ah well. The problem with making a tier list in Smash 4 is that they're is 58 characters. That's insane. Nobody has time or is bothered enough at the moment to take time to study each characters strengths, weaknesses and buffs. Logically, a tier list for Smash 4 should take +1 month to make. And I think I might do that.
Also, my honest opinion on Zelda: Just give up on singles, she'll never be viable with her fundamentals. Doubles is where you might succeed.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
For the record, I wasn't trying to imply at all that Zelda might be good in competitive singles or that she'd be something much higher than bottom tier. I know better than that. Some hard reads can completely turn around and win her a battle, but the amount of reward she gets for it doesn't justify how difficult it is to pull off safely.

And really, you people are also the only "underused" character main community I can think of that doesn't try to insist your main is secretly pretty good, aside from maybe the Jigglypuff mains.

As far as learning all 58 characters...hey, I didn't just decide to be a Zard main overnight. It took me months to get used to the thing. I wasn't even comfortable pulling out Zard in anything other than single player Smash Run when I first started falling in love with him. Not to mention all the studying and practice and match up experience...It's not humanly possible to completely master all 58 characters, so making a perfect tier list is impossible. I love using my pocket Corrin for annoying match ups, but even with all the work I put into her, I don't feel like I could speak on her behalf the same way I could for Charizard or Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Smash4 is so balanced it's easy to look at a low tier and think 'they have all this going for them, why are they so low?' But someone has to be. Who do you think the big Z is better than?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Smash4 is so balanced it's easy to look at a low tier and think 'they have all this going for them, why are they so low?' But someone has to be. Who do you think the big Z is better than?
That's true. Everyone in this game has something going for them. And you're also right in that someone hows to be low. It's just not always clear who that person is, because the differences two character's viability is often blurred, especially when you're biased for one like I am.:4charizard:

I'll be honest. I actually have more faith in Jigglypuff's competitive viability than Zelda's. But I can't say that with confidence either, since I hardly ever play as or against those two characters. Ignorant on the matter as I may be, Zelda is actually at the very bottom of my personal tier list.

Smash 4: Where Bottom Tiers are Low Tier, Low Tiers are Low-Mid Tiers, High Tiers are High-Mid Tier and Top Tiers are High Tier. That's how balanced it is
Relatively speaking, wouldn't that still be the same? Bottom, Low, Mid, High, and Top? Those are all just labels and only serve to differentiate and organize what we give them.

What you're describing could be better said as "normalized" or something along those lines.

Also:

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Relatively speaking, wouldn't that still be the same? Bottom, Low, Mid, High, and Top? Those are all just labels and only serve to differentiate and organize what we give them.

What you're describing could be better said as "normalized" or something along those lines.

Also:
What I mean is that the difference (Sorry for using 4BR) between Diddy Kong and Jigglypuff in this game is a hell of a lot smaller than Brawl MK and Brawl Zelda. I see your point though

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
No, should I watch it?
Do you want to get mad at sheer ignorance? If yes, then watch it under your own risk.

The TLDW is "he's bad because his combos aren't more than 2-hits long".

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Got up early so I can have my meeting with my TA. To talk about my final part, and while we did discuss it; we are concerned about the essay part. And I did find out what each part is broken down into:
500 Words on what I think are the two important aspects of Design Thinking
500 Words on how I felt with communicating with others (Like at the Day School for example)
And 500 Words on the Learning Journey which I heard will be the more difficult part, such as asking how would I use what I learned outside of the course, and so on.

Hopefully I can get it all done. :V

The title Fairy Stories reminds me of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. Gameplay-wise, the UI looks like Dark Souls, but I'm pretty sure there are other games with that sort of UI like Dark Cloud has a similar UI minus the weapon and item boxes which if you look specifically for, then Devil May Cry, Metal Gear, and more have the weapon / item boxes on-screen either always or when you switch them out. Aesthetically, especially with Aoba Sophia who looks like a clown, I'm getting Dark Cloud 2 vibes, but that's probably because I've seen and gone through the first chapter of it so many times, I just associate clowns with Dark Cloud 2. Still, there's the remake Final Fantasy look and maybe Dragon Quest.

I love how Umiko can be so deadpan, but hilarious at the same time. Rin's basically the team mom at this point which does play off with how Kou is kind of like a fun and bumbling dad. And then there's the director being a creep as usual. Fun fact: the director, Shizuku Hazuki, and Juri Han share the same voice actress: Eri Kitamura. Two creepy characters in the own charming way. :p
So that gives us a bigger reason to raise the flag for Kou x Rin more? :secretkpop:
Also, I can kind of picture Hazuki's eye glowing now with the Feng Shui Engine now. :V

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Got up early so I can have my meeting with my TA. To talk about my final part, and while we did discuss it; we are concerned about the essay part. And I did find out what each part is broken down into:
500 Words on what I think are the two important aspects of Design Thinking
500 Words on how I felt with communicating with others (Like at the Day School for example)
And 500 Words on the Learning Journey which I heard will be the more difficult part, such as asking how would I use what I learned outside of the course, and so on.

Hopefully I can get it all done. :V

So that gives us a bigger reason to raise the flag for Kou x Rin more? :secretkpop:
Also, I can kind of picture Hazuki's eye glowing now with the Feng Shui Engine now. :V

Golly, that sounds pretty difficult. Best of luck!
Also I'm just stuck here listening to you talking about anime and I have no clue which one to watch lol.
I'm actually in school as I type this, our school has IPads used for education. The year behind us, My year, the year ahead of us and the year ahead of that year are the only ones that have them, because our new principal doesn't like them and got rid of them for the first years, lol.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Speaking of tier lists, the person in charge of the Hyrule Warriors one gets a bit excited at times...
Fi and Tetra are established as the 2 worst characters in the game. A few days ago he found out a single trick or 2 about Fi that most of us knew for months and then he wanted to mover her up to mid tier even though what he "found" wasn't that useful. Then yesterday the same thing happened to Tetra.
tumblr_n8tfseGq9p1qcf3p6o3_500.gif

Top Bottom