• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
When did the Miis suddenly turn into the Persona characters? :secretkpop:
*Ahem*

I Am Thou, Thou Art I.

I Am The Sovereign. The Revolutionary. The Promised Beacon That Lights The Way.

From The Light of Thy Soul All That Is I Has Descended. Across Space, Through Time.

I Am The Wielder Of Wisdom. I Am The Shield That Stands Against Ageless Calamity.

I Am Zelda.

And All Who Seek Peace Is Under My Protection.
Orrr, something like that.

I really wish I had a system that could play Persona 5...

EDIT: Changed last line slightly

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Tomorrow's always a day aaaaaaaaaa-waaay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KahOD-93D7U
(I think that song gave me diabetes)
I think this is the first song I've heard that was about tomorrow. I know 2 songs about yesterday -- before you ask, yes, one of them is by The Beatles -- and 1 song about today -- those 2 words are literally the title of the song by the way. Maybe I just haven't looked enough.

Federation Force shows how little Nintendo cares for Metroid. I'm semi-convinced they're TRYING to make FF bad when I look at it
Meanwhile, F-Zero. Meanwhile, Capcom, Konami, and plenty of other game companies. Where's new Okami and Viewtiful Joe games? Silent Hills could have at least had Konami ask Kojima to work under a loose contract, but nope. Goddamn. I wouldn't play Silent Hills because I'm a wuss, but Junji Ito, Hideo Kojima, and Guillermo del Toro collaborating on a game?

In Federation Force, I think this is "one of those games" where the developers decide to do really weird things while using an established series. Sometimes, it's out of a kind of desperation, sometimes it's just because they, for some reason, have no idea what the fans want or even what the game's supposed to be despite being the makers of them, or something else like they're just flipping insane. This happened to Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Ninja Gaiden, Paper Mario, Ratchet & Clank, and conceptually -- so, it didn't actually happen --, Jak & Daxter. You could even argue it happened to Fire Emblem: Fates. There's probably more... Anyway, it's not always bad like Metroid Prime was an example of let's do something entirely different; let's make a Metroid that's a first-person shooter instead of a 2D platformer. Guess what? It worked magnificently.

In other cases, though, it's either going to be bad or have a lot of mixed messages. Final Fantasy XIII decided to follow different genres and ideas that clash with what FF games are; FF XIII was inspired by Hollywood-esque first-person shooters of all things. They way they described it... I don't think it would have worked. Now, if it was inspired by say, the Hollywood-esque cutscenes found in shooters, then sure, but why would they need inspiration from that when Square Enix has been so graphics-happy since forever? Have people seen their cutscenes in older FF games? Just freaking take a look at Advent Children or FF XV. Square Enix loves graphics and making everything eyecandy. On the genre itself inspiring... What exactly? Was it the point of view which might have explained the linear maps in about 2/3's of the game? For DmC: Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden 3, they decided to go with having story because at that time story-driven games were the craze. Could it have worked? Let's see, if you consider hack 'n' slash / spectacle fighters loosely, then yeah. Bloodborne, Demon's / Dark Souls, Diablo, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and more have done it or have been doing it for years. Some of them are just lore-based like Bloodborne and Demon's / Dark Souls while others are just written well without being too convoluted and trying to be really good like the early Kingdom Hearts games. DmC and NG3 didn't do that. They were kind of focused on this need to be dark and edgy which even hurt the gameplay like the whole steel on bones thing NG3 made combat clunky instead of fluid like in NG1 and NG2.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I think this is the first song I've heard that was about tomorrow. I know 2 songs about yesterday -- before you ask, yes, one of them is by The Beatles -- and 1 song about today -- those 2 words are literally the title of the song by the way. Maybe I just haven't looked enough.
You haven't looked very far.

Here's three just off the top of my head:

https://youtu.be/bfN2BHR0_pA

Where's new Okami and Viewtiful Joe games?
To be fair here, it's hard to make a new Okami or Viewtiful Joe after they dissolved the game studio who made those games. It's a shame that the company they then made, Platinum Games, doesn't actually own any of their IPs, even Bayonetta (Sega) or the new Scalebound (Microsoft) game they're making for Xbox One.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The project I have to do involves trying to find an alternate way to a problem, and it can be as crazy as we want it to be.
The problem I've chosen was with Autism, since it is often seen as an invisible disability; and I'm trying to find an alternate way to communicate with someone who is Autistic.
[/ATTACH]
Autistic/introverted people are like cats to extroverted people's dogs. When cats meet dogs they think 'eww what is this noisy, nervous thing that's pawing and slobber all over me?! **** this; I'm going on top the fridge.'
If you want to talk to them, approach them how you would a shy cat. From a distance, calmly and on their terms.
Ironically the other song I know about tomorrow is "Tomorrow comes today" by the Gorillaz.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiNdcBg3xC8

I'll get to Federation Force stuff later.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Autistic/introverted people are like cats to extroverted people's dogs. When cats meet dogs they think 'eww what is this noisy, nervous thing that's pawing and slobber all over me?! **** this; I'm going on top the fridge.'
If you want to talk to them, approach them how you would a shy cat. From a distance, calmly and on their terms.
While that is a nice solution. The thing is for my assignment, we must not come up with a solution; we need to come up with ideas for a way to communicate. Which also allows us to use more freedom to create more imaginative or crazy ideas, including ideas that are genuinely impossible to do. Like having Zelda come in through the window by Up+B just to give them their lunch. :secretkpop:

But seeing that as an idea is pretty unique, and a different way of communicating. If I didn't already do my Crazy Eights thing on Saturday, I would've added that in.

I'll get to Federation Force stuff later.
At first I was "Meh" with Federation Force, but in all honesty; it doesn't look too bad, I MIGHT give it a go. But for now, going to save up for Monster Hunter Generations. And 7th Dragon III looks interesting too.

Also, this Bayo Combo tho.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Soooo
I got the New 3DS, the one that can swap faceplates
It came today and it's so cute
I'm perfectly fine with downgrading to a smaller screen for swappable faceplates

On the topic of school, I can't say I hate it too much, cause I like learning, but I don't like getting up at 6 AM and sitting on my ass for 8 hours a day, plus stupid social problems that come with being in school

Luckily for me, I've managed to avoid bullying at high school, mostly because I try my best to keep to myself and no one seems to bother me

And I'm not stupid enough to tell anyone outside of my friend group that I'm gay :p

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Tempted to do a Nuzlocke, too.
If my computer doesn't get killed by the DS emulator, I'll do White 2.
If it does, I'll do any GBA game. Maybe Crystal.
:196:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm watching through the 2 seasons of Phil of the Future right now.

It feels weird to be in love with 15 year old Alyson Michalka, but you know what I'm just rolling with it.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
It feels weird to be in love with 15 year old
Hey she grows up to be a "rock" star so it's ok.

But honestly I can't say I didn't see this coming; I'm always going to remember that actor as the dude who ***** some 15 year old blonde girl in her trailer because Lewis Black told him to on the radio.

It's amazing how many actors and actresses started out as murderers and rapists on Law & Order, when you think about it. Add in Joss Whedon related shows and I'm reasonably sure you have most of television.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Eyy, new Pokemon go update!

Feature forces you to confirm you aren't driving, I approve~

Accuracy fixes for curve balls, and proper XP bonuses for good throws.

image.jpeg

Nearby now shows as "sightings." They announced they're testing a rework for tracking/nearby atm, I am hype!

Edit: Hmm, I noticed immediately that you can no longer "swipe down" to get rid of the "sightings" box, you have to tap the X.

Edit 2: Eaux but if you just tap anywhere outside the box it disappears like normal, so basically it's nbd.

Also I musT go outside immediately and discover how these grass/Pokemon images work!

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

But honestly I can't say I didn't see this coming; I'm always going to remember that actor as the dude who ***** some 15 year old blonde girl in her trailer because Lewis Black told him to on the radio.

It's amazing how many actors and actresses started out as murderers and rapists on Law & Order, when you think about it. Add in Joss Whedon related shows and I'm reasonably sure you have most of television.
What?

Edit: Ok now I understand, his character did that in a Law & Order episode.

Thought you were talking about the actor....

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Tempted to do a Nuzlocke, too.
If my computer doesn't get killed by the DS emulator, I'll do White 2.
If it does, I'll do any GBA game. Maybe Crystal.
Welp, as expected it was kill.
I'll do an Emerald run. A randomized Emerald run.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I know LTG is a joke but it was just hilarious watching him throw every insult he could think of at Anti and he's just chillin' unphased.

U get to see the worst of LTG and the best of Anti.

:150:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
PoGo Update: Hmm, just got to point B in a, I think, ~20 minute walk (why not?) to try and see what "sightings" did to change Pokemon Go nearby.

*walkin'walkin'walkin'*

The thing I'm most certain of is that the "nearby" scan circle was majorly reduced, like, way less scan distance. Imo this wasn't a bad design change, since it'll give me a better idea of what is actually 'near' me.

90% of what showed up in the sightings was actually near enough for me to eventually run into. Though, it was only boring Pokemon atm.

I was hoping the grass image would do 'something' (Like fade/brighten with distance or change color) but nothing seems to happen there :|

THOUGH, Niantic did say in the changelist that something-along-the-lines-of only 'some' users are getting altered UI tests, so maybe I'm not getting the full package yet? We'll see.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Welp. VBA is not running games for some reason. I guess it's rioting for not using it for 4+ years.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
There's a weird glitch that makes Pokemon Emerald run wrong on VBA. you have to change the battery type, I forget what though.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
My love grows to the point to where I become Alyson Michalka.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
There's a weird glitch that makes Pokemon Emerald run wrong on VBA. you have to change the battery type, I forget what though.

This and a quick Google search solved it, tysm♥
Now it is properly randomized and I'll be naming the mons out of the latest page steals.

It's become self-aware.

Deleting will no longer work. Unplug the computer and throw it out the window, or beat it savagely with a stick.

Like Smokey the Bear says, "Only YOU can prevent Skynet."
Google just saved me from trying this.

UPDATE: So Zelda's journey begins!!!
The starter was a choice between Tailow, Torchic and Forretress. I loved the idea of the latest, but Torchic (and its evolutions) might be more practical in the long run so I picked ElderLolz the Torchic!
But apparently my opponent wanted the first turn advantage I decided against and DID chose Forretress, which sucked since Elder only knew Scratch, Growl and Focus Energy.
Despite that it was going well, Yuuki's idea to spam Protect was starting to backfire, but when he had low HP he decided to Self-Destruct, quickly forcing me to restart.
I'll randomize again...

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Guys
Happy Home Designer is really cute
I feel bad for skipping it until today

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So I randomized again and started over.
This time the starter selection was Golduck, Chansey and Hoppip.
I picked Rizen the Golduck!
And then beat Yuuki's Chansey with ease.
Now to get back to the lab and start catching more mons!

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I would've loved yew forever if you had done BJN39 the Chansey :049:

And now that I posted I'll probably be the next lvl 2 poke on route whateverinsignificant #oop

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I am actually going off with recent page steals, so it's
Route 101: Spritzee the Igglybuff (lv 2)
Route 103: (Suicidal) Donuts the Meowth (lv 3)
Route 102: Koiba the Whismur (lv 3)

It somewhat started with only Normal-types, and a Golduck yet to learn any Psychic-type move. A Fighting mon would destroy us.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
igglybuff isn't the worst thing ever

the puffs aren't very good peaukemon, so yew don't have to use me if yew don't want teaux

Rizen

Smash Legend
So I randomized again and started over.
This time the starter selection was Golduck, Chansey and Hoppip.
I picked Rizen the Golduck!
And then beat Yuuki's Chansey with ease.
Now to get back to the lab and start catching more mons!
Yay, I'm not a Pidgy!

Top Bottom