• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Everyone calls them the Legendary Dogs but Raikou is a tiger and Entei is a lion
That's why their actual title is the Legendary Beasts
Suicune is apparently based on mythological deities
Suicune's supposed to be a cheetah or a leopard.

Probably why i like it so much. One of the closest things to a jaguar in Pokemon. :)

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Ahem...T

Roslini approaches me and tells me of her murderous rampage against all of the other trainers on Victory Road.

I say nothing. The battle begins.

I send out my most comfortable pick, my Pokemom, BJN39 the Hypneaux.

Roslini sends out her Sneasel.

I think to myself, "I can't switch out, what if Sneasel is packing Pursuit? I'll just use Focus Blast because I've got a 4 level advantage on Sneasel and I can take one hit."

Sneasel used it's mighty faint attack and right before the attack landed BJN told me through telepathy "I'm sorry for what I did to Rickster... I should have never messedT with ha mind like thaT... I have become the Judas and I can'T live with this guilT. Alseaux, while I was out I went on a little shopping spree with yewr money and boughT yew 3 Wacan berries for no reason. I'm sorry..........T"

And she allowed Sneasel to land a critical hit.

Her body laid still on the ground. Cold.

With tears in my eyes I sent out CrispyT and between her, Lavani, and Ricky we were able to slay Roslini and ha basic b*tches.

Next stop, Elite Four.
As predicTed
it's probably me cri
Eaux *red magic*
it's probably me cri
But I suppose that's why I'm 2 characters in your run. ExpecT more absolutely NECESSARY items from beyond the grave :secretkpop:

BJN90 is 51 better BJN.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I have so much grinding to do before I fight the Elite Hoes.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Welp
I'm goin back to school tomorrow
Good thing is it's my last year of high school
Sad thing is after that I'm in the real world
O boi ;w;
BUT I get to look forward to Sun and Moon
And the NX
:D

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
In somewhat relevant news, I finally collecTed enough resources to evolve my own Drowzee in Pokemon go into a Hippneaux.

I think I might rename it to Hippneaux.

It's one of the Pokemon used in my evil-genius XP collecting plan. I'll use a lucky egg I got via leveling up and then evolve 17 Pokemon at once, 3 of which will be new pokedex additions. Overall it will total ~20k XP, which will be nearly two level ups. :lick: all of this while sitting and abusing a pokestop while I've lure moduled iT.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Meanwhile, as I sit in my heauxme:

image.jpeg

Is there...actually a Blastoise nearby??

Also game don't throw a Venomoth my way just before I can evolve my own.

...Unless it's shiny kthxbye

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

I'M SCREAMING RIGHT NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE I HATE THIS GAME BUT I LOVE IT
I'D RATHER HAVE SOME BAD OVERDRAMATIC ENDING WHERE EVERYONE DIES SO I DON'T HAVE TO CHOOSE
oh man this case had me both exhausted and at the edge of my seat the very last solution was hard for me

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I GUESS I'll finally join the Spear culT, but under 1 condition.
This is added into the game:

pls

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

I'M SCREAMING RIGHT NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE I HATE THIS GAME BUT I LOVE IT
I'D RATHER HAVE SOME BAD OVERDRAMATIC ENDING WHERE EVERYONE DIES SO I DON'T HAVE TO CHOOSE
Gurl, it isn't even the most difficult part, you'll need to show "something" so "someone", and you'll have to choose between all the evidence and all the people
:196:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I've managed to deal with that bite on my foot. Just grabbed my spot buster and pressed against it till I heard a crack. Since I managed to get everything out (I tried seeing if anymore was coming out, but now it's just blood.), just to be on the safe side; I've put some antibite on there just in case.

Oh trust me. You ain't done yet, you still a bit more to go. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
INCOMING RANT!

So while at SF, I got many chances to play with many people, I made friends and practice partners with tons of Marth players, and I used that chance to sneak in and practice my Lucina. And I improved a lot, even started beating local players that I was unable to before.

While at it, I noticed that both characters' advantage states are very different, Lucy's idea is to ram in and using her mobility to fake out and force reactions, while Marth positions himself where the opponent might be and places his sword with high precision, while non-tipper moves are capable to make combos neither Lucina or his tipper moves would.
I don't think neither is inherently better, maybe Marth's is because if he tries Lucina's way, a stray tipper can change the result of a match.
But anyway.

During my way back to town, I was wondering "how would I improve Lucina with patches/edits? (obviously without anything too crazy)".
It struck me that having a bit more KBG on some key aerial moves (Uair, Bair, Nair) would make wonders for her, since now her juggle game would be truly fearsome, as they would actually kill, would put opponents on bad states, and throw them offstage easier, maybe even gimping better. At least, that was the idea I had until I went and check both characters' frame data, since I was under the wrong idea that Marth's aerials only dealt more damage while having the same BKB and KBG, HOWEVER, Marth's tipper aerials have better damage output AND better knockback values.
But it doesn't end there, Dancing Blade is the one where the tipper only has better damage, but the difference is very noticeable, it is actually able to kill without all the rage Lucina's would need, all while not being too inferior damage-wise than the granddaughter's.

This whole read killed my hopes for a high-level Lucina, she would never be able to cheese victories like Marth can, and everything she does, a tipper might make Marth do better. Even my proposed chance is something he is already capable to do.
I still like Lucina more, and feel much more comfortable with her, but results and frame data all point to Marth being by far the superior choice.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
INCOMING RANT!

So while at SF, I got many chances to play with many people, I made friends and practice partners with tons of Marth players, and I used that chance to sneak in and practice my Lucina. And I improved a lot, even started beating local players that I was unable to before.

While at it, I noticed that both characters' advantage states are very different, Lucy's idea is to ram in and using her mobility to fake out and force reactions, while Marth positions himself where the opponent might be and places his sword with high precision, while non-tipper moves are capable to make combos neither Lucina or his tipper moves would.
I don't think neither is inherently better, maybe Marth's is because if he tries Lucina's way, a stray tipper can change the result of a match.
But anyway.

During my way back to town, I was wondering "how would I improve Lucina with patches/edits? (obviously without anything too crazy)".
It struck me that having a bit more KBG on some key aerial moves (Uair, Bair, Nair) would make wonders for her, since now her juggle game would be truly fearsome, as they would actually kill, would put opponents on bad states, and throw them offstage easier, maybe even gimping better. At least, that was the idea I had until I went and check both characters' frame data, since I was under the wrong idea that Marth's aerials only dealt more damage while having the same BKB and KBG, HOWEVER, Marth's tipper aerials have better damage output AND better knockback values.
But it doesn't end there, Dancing Blade is the one where the tipper only has better damage, but the difference is very noticeable, it is actually able to kill without all the rage Lucina's would need, all while not being too inferior damage-wise than the granddaughter's.

This whole read killed my hopes for a high-level Lucina, she would never be able to cheese victories like Marth can, and everything she does, a tipper might make Marth do better. Even my proposed chance is something he is already capable to do.
I still like Lucina more, and feel much more comfortable with her, but results and frame data all point to Marth being by far the superior choice.
Don't let that get you down. I'm still staying dedicated to Lucina, and I still got hopes for a fantastic Lucina main to come through and show off some great tech that she can pull off. Even though I do have a secondary to fall back on incase I either struggle with the MU for her, or I feel not that confident with her for some games too.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
If there's one move that doesn't need to be better on Lucina, it's her Bair. It's already better than Marth's mostly. Also Lucina's Side-B is usually 80x better for damage racking than Marth's as it has a more consistent connection rate (like, the most out of her, Marth, and Roy) but it doesn't kill like Marth's does.

She basically has Marth's old tipper aerials with slightly less knockback, which are honestly pretty good. She has more of a reason to exist now than she ever did before tbh.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
INCOMING RANT!

But anyway.

Calm down.
Look, maybe Lucina isn't the greatest compared to Marth. But while Lucina will never have tippers (Since that would make her literally a alternate costume) , she'll always retain something the Marth doesn't. And that's consistency. See, there's more stress when playing Marth because you have to be so focused on landing the tipper, Lucina removes that stress and replaces it with consistency. This allows the Lucina player to either keep a more relaxed mindset or focus on something else, like downloading your opponent. Sure, it sounds small, but it might make a difference in the long run.
I'll also mention that Young Link was always placed below Link for years before Armada proved otherwise.
Keep yourself determined, because:
Hope will never die!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The thing is that Marth and Lucina have the same gameplan (spacing your opponent out, so yes, Lucina should be spacing her moves at the tip of her sword, too), and Marth intrinsically gets more reward for doing so. I'm not saying Lucina is trash (she's better than most people give her credit for), but there's no way she's better than Marth.

Her palettes are a billion times better than his, though.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Gorl, Lucina can consistently never kill without a Smash while Marth can do it with a stray tipper.

While I was ranting I grabbed my 3DS and did stuff, and Sourspot Fair>Tipper Fair is a thing, and it has a HUGE window where it is true kill confirm near the ledge.
Also, sourspot Uairs feel broken, they combo into almost anything. SUair>TUair is a kill confirm too.

That said, yes, Lucina is not worthless, she's a nice mid tier character able to beat a lot of the Higher Tiers thanks to a high damage output and great range, but at high level the ability to kill with a safe move (tipper aerials) is way more important than having unsafe approaches and some niche setups.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The thing with sword characters, and heavy weights, is you want to space opponents even if you don't have tippers. Link only has 1 tipper, his Fsmash1, but he should always be trying to space no closer than the tips of his attacks. If you don't little critters and ******* with better frame data give you the business.
I can see Marth being slightly better than Lucina for this reason. This is why I see Roy as a rushdown/combo character more than a swordy.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I still think that Lucina does have some better MUs than Marth does.

Like how she can fair somewhat better against Pikachu and Captain Falcon. Though I do feel like she struggles horrendously against characters like Mewtwo.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Gorl, Lucina can consistently never kill without a Smash while Marth can do it with a stray tipper.

While I was ranting I grabbed my 3DS and did stuff, and Sourspot Fair>Tipper Fair is a thing, and it has a HUGE window where it is true kill confirm near the ledge.
Also, sourspot Uairs feel broken, they combo into almost anything. SUair>TUair is a kill confirm too.

That said, yes, Lucina is not worthless, she's a nice mid tier character able to beat a lot of the Higher Tiers thanks to a high damage output and great range, but at high level the ability to kill with a safe move (tipper aerials) is way more important than having unsafe approaches and some niche setups.
I don't disagree that Marth is the obviously better character but Lucina has a much stronger, really easy to buffer confirm (SHAD > Nair1 > Fsmash, super ez) that is really strong and about as safe as most confirms of the sort that Marth has (he has Nair1 > Tipper Uair but at a much higher %, anything involving his sourspots is pretty risky).

That being said, Lucina has a few amendments though they do not make her as good as Marth. Marth has of course tipper Fair but also tipper Ftilt which aids him, she lacks those things. She does however have the fantastic Bair (it's like, old Marth tipper Bair except you don't have to space it, it's likely overall better than current Marth Bair tbqh) and the much scarier Nair1 confirms. Her USmash is also just flat out better (this isn't very relevant but it's a funny quirk)

I could talk about her Bair forever though, it's like this big wall of ****, should always fear that move. Always.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I want to believe Lucina's edgeguard is better, it certainly is way more reliable and since she doesn't need to adjust spacing, she has a better time limiting options, gimping or straight-up killing. But then Marth lands a tipper and gets a similar or better result within 2 or 3 attempts.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
I messed around in Source Filmmaker and made Ganondorf do the carlton

when ur no longer bottom tier

If there's one move that doesn't need to be better on Lucina, it's her Bair. It's already better than Marth's mostly. Also Lucina's Side-B is usually 80x better for damage racking than Marth's as it has a more consistent connection rate (like, the most out of her, Marth, and Roy) but it doesn't kill like Marth's does.

She basically has Marth's old tipper aerials with slightly less knockback, which are honestly pretty good. She has more of a reason to exist now than she ever did before tbh.
Oh so now you believe that Lucina's bair is almost completely better than Marth's? My job is done :^)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Just curious, how do you guys pronounce abbreviations like Fair, Zair, etc? Out loud I say them as the letter then "air" or "smash". "eff-air, zee-air" and so on.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Same here.

I couldn't even at saying "uhh-air"

But all the others I will often say shortened like "fair" "bair"

Last edited:
Top Bottom