• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Was gonna have a shave today, but my electric razer ran out of power halfway through it. So I look like a scruffy mess atm. :V
Hopefully I'll be able to get it fully charged after my meeting with my TA today.

Also, here's that advertisement I mentioned yesterday. :yeahboi:
Sanicocdonotsteal.jpg

I think what really would be a really cool balance thing that the Pokemon company could do is make it so only non mega evolved pokemon could use Z moves.

I think this way Mega pokemon could be kept a little more in check and make it actually useful to consider NOT to mega evolve your pokemon.

Mega Pokemon aren't balanced well, but I would be really sad if they all just disappeared after one generation.

:150:
The thing is. Pokemon require to hold a Z Crystal in order to use the Z-Move. So basically, Mega Evolutions (except Mega Rayquaza) cannot use Z-Moves at all, since they need to hold their Mega Stone instead in order to Mega Evolve.

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Because that's what she is.

Even Zelda realized how much of a stupid idea Sheik was.

cringe comic

Honestly, I personally blame Impa.
I still don't understand the reasoning. Sure, Sheik isn't as fleshed out as Tetra, but for the time you don't know that she's Zelda, and, let us all be entirely honest, they did a good job hiding that throughout the game, and looking at her from the game's point of view, she's there as a guidance character with a mysterious background. What else should they do, do the whole "I'm X's character's spirit and I'm here to guide you"? Remove Sheik entirely and just have Zelda stay at Ganon's castle for the amazingly original "Princess is kidnapped, safe her" story? Sheik's design fits the tone of Ocarina of Time perfectly, there's a reason they didn't make her look like something else that is less edgy.

Might as well call the entire Sheikah race "edgy OCs" because everyone calls everything an edgy OC nowadays because doing that gained meme status by now. This argument is so stupid i can't even comprehend it.

Also that post didn't answer anything, it just made me scratch my head even more.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
BRB, making an original character named Edgy O.C. Should he be a ninja, mercenary or just plain d*****bag? What you wanna bet he'll wear black?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

These are some good Team Combos. I feel bad for Meme though getting knocked around like a tennis ball. :c

But this Ryu + Shulk combo though? Daaaaamn.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Sure, Sheik isn't as fleshed out as Tetra, but for the time you don't know that she's Zelda, and, let us all be entirely honest, they did a good job hiding that throughout the game, and looking at her from the game's point of view, she's there as a guidance character with a mysterious background.
She was a useless character who busked around her invaded kingdom on a harp for seven years in a paper thin disguise that a child would have thought up as cool and clever. Because that's exactly what she is. A persona made by a seven year old.

If you couldn't tell it it was Zelda from the beginning, you're as blind as Impa is in Hyrule Warriors.

Remove Sheik entirely and just have Zelda stay at Ganon's castle for the amazingly original "Princess is kidnapped, safe her" story?
What are you even talking about? Removing Sheik means removing the bandages covering her face. Removing Sheik doesn't mean she stays in Ganon's castle.

Might as well call the entire Sheikah race "edgy OCs" because everyone calls everything an edgy OC nowadays because doing that gained meme status by now. This argument is so stupid i can't even comprehend it.
You're the only one who said that, so...yeah. It's pretty stupid.

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
If you couldn't tell it it was Zelda from the beginning, you're as blind as Impa is in Hyrule Warriors.
It's always easy to say something like that in retrospect.

In general the points you're making are so contradictionary it's not even worth discussing. Sheik is an alright character because it works in Ocarina of Time. I agree that it was stupid in Hyrule Warriors to shoehorn "OH WHO IS SHEIK??" into the story, but when we're talking about Ocarina of Time, it fits in.

Feels like you just have a very strong bias against her design.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
If my critique really offended you there, I'm sorry.
Not offended, just stating fact.

You wanted an explanation to an descriptor, I elaborated, and instead of just ending it there you talk unsubstantiated smack.

Disagreement over an accurate descriptor is all well and good. Responding with a few vague backhanded insults before dismissing the conversation all together is just being petty.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Sheik is one of my favorite Nintendo characters of all time

I don't understand why you hate her so much

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
You guys are arguing about a ninja who wasn't even that good of a ninja
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Was gonna have a shave today, but my electric razer ran out of power halfway through it. So I look like a scruffy mess atm. :V
Hopefully I'll be able to get it fully charged after my meeting with my TA today.

Also, here's that advertisement I mentioned yesterday. :yeahboi:

The thing is. Pokemon require to hold a Z Crystal in order to use the Z-Move. So basically, Mega Evolutions (except Mega Rayquaza) cannot use Z-Moves at all, since they need to hold their Mega Stone instead in order to Mega Evolve.

I'm hoping that the Z Ring takes the place of the Mega Ring altogether tbh

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I forgot to mention that I finally got promoted in Overwatch!

Now I have a cool star under my name.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Not offended, just stating fact.

You wanted an explanation to an descriptor, I elaborated, and instead of just ending it there you talk unsubstantiated smack.

Disagreement over an accurate descriptor is all well and good. Responding with a few vague backhanded insults before dismissing the conversation all together is just being petty.
Again, if you took my words as insults, I'm sorry for offending you.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Sheik is one of my favorite Nintendo characters of all time

I don't understand why you hate her so much
I never said I hated her. I said she was a poor disguise invented by a child who did nothing of note during the seven years Link was sleeping except practice the harp at taverns throughout the countryside. Both of which are, for the most part, true.

I'm not sure what to make of the Z Ring to be honest. Apparently it's an actual device you purchase alongside the game and wear on your wrist?

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I never said I hated her. I said she was a poor disguise invented by a child who did nothing of note during the seven years Link was sleeping except practice the harp at taverns throughout the countryside. Both of which are, for the most part, true.

I'm not sure what to make of the Z Ring to be honest. Apparently it's an actual device you purchase alongside the game and wear on your wrist?
Nah, the irl accessory isn't required. That's just for kids to play with. All it does is light up and make sounds anyways

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'll just ignore your comments about Sheik because it's obvious you're very opinionated and nothing will change that

The Z Ring is an item in-game

A toy company is also making a real-life one you can buy and it'll do stuff while you play Sun and Moon

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
You guys are arguing about a ninja who wasn't even that good of a ninja

Nah, I want to wear all the rings so I can look like an 8 time World Series champion after Generation 13

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I'll just ignore your comments about Sheik because it's obvious you're very opinionated and nothing will change that
If it makes you feel any better, when I was a kid I thought Kathryn Janeway was an amazing character.

The Z Ring is an item in-game

A toy company is also making a real-life one you can buy and it'll do stuff while you play Sun and Moon
Nah, the irl accessory isn't required. That's just for kids to play with. All it does is light up and make sounds anyways
Oh, that's better.

I thought maybe it hooked up with Pokemon Go as well or something.

Nah, I want to wear all the rings so I can look like an 8 time World Series champion after Generation 13
Why get rings when you can get belts?

...actually looking at this makes me wonder something; does...anyone know what players like Mango and M2K actually do with the dozens upon dozens of trophies they win?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just realized the implications of Alola Form Exegguttor being part Dragon... Okay, I was thinking of some plant dragon, but I don't think I can find a picture of what I'm thinking. The other thing is that with Alola Form Exeggutor being part Dragon and the way it looks... It's kind of a wyvern. Wyverns are dragons with 2 legs and claws on their wings. So, basically more bird-like than lizard-like. Fun fact: there are species of birds who have claws. Usually when they're young like the hoatzin and I think another, smaller, and cuter bird that I don't remember its name. Oh, and wyverns are supposed to have barbed tails.
So, kind of like this.

I love George Kamitani's art. He was responsible for Dragon's Crown, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and Odin Sphere's art.

Alola Form Exeggutor is a bit similar to a wyvern even if it wasn't intentional like Exeggutor always had 2 legs. The only thing it's missing are wings and a barbed tail -- it has a tail, but it's not barbed.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
idk how anyone can hate a character as irrelevant as sheik

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I just realized the implications of Alola Form Exegguttor being part Dragon... Okay, I was thinking of some plant dragon, but I don't think I can find a picture of what I'm thinking. The other thing is that with Alola Form Exeggutor being part Dragon and the way it looks... It's kind of a wyvern. Wyverns are dragons with 2 legs and claws on their wings. So, basically more bird-like than lizard-like. Fun fact: there are species of birds who have claws. Usually when they're young like the hoatzin and I think another, smaller, and cuter bird that I don't remember its name. Oh, and wyverns are supposed to have barbed tails.
So, kind of like this.

I love George Kamitani's art. He was responsible for Dragon's Crown, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and Odin Sphere's art.

Alola Form Exeggutor is a bit similar to a wyvern even if it wasn't intentional like Exeggutor always had 2 legs. The only thing it's missing are wings and a barbed tail -- it has a tail, but it's not barbed.
I believe he's part dragon because dragon fruit are a really popular crop in Hawaii. They're technically grow on a cactus, but it looks like a tree.

Also shout outs to my favorite wyvern.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I believe he's part dragon because dragon fruit are a really popular crop in Hawaii. They're technically grow on a cactus, but it looks like a tree.

Also shout outs to my favorite wyvern.

So it's part dragon because "reasons".

Barioth's great :) (speaking of subspecies) In MH Tri it was my 2nd favorite monster, after Alatreon.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I guess that makes as much sense as psychic eggs turning into a tree. I always thought of it as a coconut tree.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The new Summer Games skins in Overwatch look really good

Praise the Lord that Zarya finally has a usable skin

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I wrote a short story in the CCI thread... Why? All that time wasted...

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So apparently the new President of the Philippines ran on a platform of killing drug dealers, won, and...seems to be have a mix of civilians and and cops going around shooting at alleged drug dealers? It's like 500 deaths by now or something. =/

Isn't Berserker from there? Hope it's not as bad or dangerous as it's sounding.

I made wrote a short story in the CCI thread... Why? All that time wasted...
I'm happy to read it for you, if you'd like.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
She was a useless character who busked around her invaded kingdom on a harp for seven years in a paper thin disguise that a child would have thought up as cool and clever. Because that's exactly what she is. A persona made by a seven year old.

Er, that kind of makes no sense.

Literally the only thing they had in common was their height and IIRC their hair length(if you count the ponytail thing anyway). There was nothing indicating that Sheik = Zelda. For most of the game it looks like a fit toned dude running around in ninja stuff.

In Hyrule Warriors, they also share the same height and hair length, as well as hair color. It's a bit more obvious this time around. But the body shape is also drastically different. Zelda in HW is the curviest installment of Zelda yet. Sheik is clearly female or an extremely feminine guy if you wanna grasp at straws, but looks like a typical battle chick fitness wise. Though the only reason we can tell it's Zelda is because we (as in SSB players/OoT players) already know it is her. They don't try to hide it too much, so someone who is good at solving junk could probably tell. Though it could still catch people off guard if they didn't know. Also, Impa already knew Sheik was not who she said she was. Though she assumed the princess would tell her anything (being her personal guard), so she figured "this is not our princess."

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Sheik had her relevance in Smash. She can go screw herself, I'm sick of those Fairs.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
you know it's sad when you are less relevant than Rostathingy
let's shed a tear for shiek and ha lack of importance
I would, but she's not important enough for me to shed a tear for.

Or for you to spell her name properly.

:secretkpop:

Top Bottom