• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Is Brawl really so slow that it needs 2 hours just for top 4?
no clue but it is the least popular (it should be getting 0 entrants in my opinion :secretkpop:). The numbers are as follows. rather curious how this compares to the whatever the biggest 64 tournament was

SSB4: 1020
SSBM: 757
SSB64: 254
SSBB: 126

Rizen

Smash Legend
With the amount of tripping that is going to be happening. I don't blame them. :secretkpop:
I had the strangest dream. I dreamt your love of anime turned you into Ffamran and you wrote a wall of text about it.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh c'mon guys, Brawl isn't THAT bad, it only is like that when certain characters are involved (sadly, a lot of those characters are top tiers, hence, common).

I still like it more than Sm4sh ;n;

:196:

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I like smash 4 better but I go back and play brawl from time to time.

Oh, how I will miss u, :pt:.

(Don't tell nobody but :pt: is my favorite smash character)

:150:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Oh c'mon guys, Brawl isn't THAT bad, it only is like that when certain characters are involved (sadly, a lot of those characters are top tiers, hence, common).

I still like it more than Sm4sh ;n;

Tripping is a good mechanic.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I ran into that rare monster against in TMS. The Bretorius.

I get it down to low health, and it dodges Kiria's Megido. Dodges Mamori's Shellsplitter +2, and runs away the next turn.

mfw it lucks out and runs away by dodging two attacks the same turn at low health.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Tbh melee is still my favorite

Brawl is just really meh, not fun to me

Smash 4 is fun, but still don't like the mechanics

Smash 64 is gr8, but haven't played against anyone competent on it

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I rate the games based on Royness. So far Smash 4 has the highest Royness. Unfortunately, the thing with the highest Royness of all is harder to get a match with other people.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
You focus too much on the tripping mechanic, it can be avoided simply by not dashing, at least not near the opponent. There is an option few people seem to actually utilize at all in any Smash game: WALKING.

Edit: Nice Saltssy Page Steal

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I like smash 4 better but I go back and play brawl from time to time.

Oh, how I will miss u, :pt:.

(Don't tell nobody but :pt: is my favorite smash character)

:150:
Don't worry, I won't ;)

Because I believe the same thing. I hide behind my Brawl Zelda/Sheik flair. New Pokemon Trainer for Smash 5 pls.

D

Deleted member

I don't remember if I mentioned this or not but speaking of Brawl, I know @Rickster and @TriforceOfWisdom can vouch for me when i say this:

After some time, my disc got really beaten and scratched up. It stills works fine to this day, only problem is some stages and characters crash my game.

One of the characters is Zelda.

She's so broken she actually crashes my game.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Brawls revivals make me feel a certain type of way. If you're gonna revive a wii fighting game, make TvC at least. Shame none of the brawl scene tried it considering it was a Capcom versus style fighter exclusive for Wii.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The game itself is suggesting you not to pick her ever again.
Going off topic.

You happy that Chitoge's gonna win in Nisekoi? :secretkpop:
(I read up the latest chapter online too.)

Brawls revivals make me feel a certain type of way. If you're gonna revive a wii fighting game, make TvC at least. Shame none of the brawl scene tried it considering it was a Capcom versus style fighter exclusive for Wii.
I love TvC, such a fun game; even though it's pretty broken. Sure, not as busted as TvC: Cross Generation of Heroes, but still pretty busted. Especially PTX-40A or as I call him, Ivan. Plus, Gesellschaft Storm is my favourite track out of the entire game too.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I am not sure if I am happy.
I honestly felt like OnoderaxRaku was more natural and it was a thing since like forever ago. THOUGH she deservedly lost her chance for always being so indecisive, but it is still kinda heartbreaking.
Chitoge also deserved to lose the chance for running away like she did, but having the guy chasing her all the way overseas is a nice devotion icon.
In the end Raku's decision made sense, and since I'm #teamchitoge to the very end (though not #teamchitogexraku), it's nice to see her happy like that... but I can't help it but to feel kinda sad about Onodera.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Playing TvC on a Gamecube controller was different, I'll say that much. It felt pretty much impossible to use Baroque on that thing so I never bothered.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
You focus too much on the tripping mechanic, it can be avoided simply by not dashing, at least not near the opponent. There is an option few people seem to actually utilize at all in any Smash game: WALKING.

Edit: Nice Saltssy Page Steal
Agreed, dashing is a good mechanic.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Playing TvC on a Gamecube controller was different, I'll say that much. It felt pretty much impossible to use Baroque on that thing so I never bothered.
I actually used the Classic Controller Pro that came bundled with Monster Hunter 3 when it first came out. I still got my Lagiacrus head figure as well. Also, funny thing; I actually managed to get my sister into Monster Hunter when she saw me playing it, so she went out and got her own Wii just to play MH3.

I am not sure if I am happy.
I honestly felt like OnoderaxRaku was more natural and it was a thing since like forever ago. THOUGH she deservedly lost her chance for always being so indecisive, but it is still kinda heartbreaking.
Chitoge also deserved to lose the chance for running away like she did, but having the guy chasing her all the way overseas is a nice devotion icon.
In the end Raku's decision made sense, and since I'm #teamchitoge to the very end (though not #teamchitogexraku), it's nice to see her happy like that... but I can't help it but to feel kinda sad about Onodera.
I was Team Tsugumi, but since she was the first one out. I'm still happy with the results, that means she can become anyone's waifu bodyguard. :secretkpop:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I wish i can see another character like megaman volnutt in a fighting game again

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I like Brawl for a biased reason::toonlink: and:dedede: were actually godly. Subspace was great too. It's actually my first Smash game, but unlike Melee elitists I can accept how unbalanced and overall terrible it is.
Did I mention Subspace was great?
No seriously, the cutscenes were actually brilliant. Especially the one where the 5 Ships come out of the exploding Halberd and attack the Subspace Gunships.
I actually dream of things that could have improved it to this day, voice acting (Snake was the only one to speak, and it was one line, his signature "Kept you waiting huh?!), more music, and interaction could definitely have been better. I love it all the same.
What did you guys think of Subspace?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I think I remember seeing one player who played TvC, even though I cannot remember his name.

But he had recorded footage of some tournament matches, between a Volnutt/Ryu and I think it was either a Ippatsu/Morrigan. And the Volnutt's projectile zoning game was insane, he even had a huge chunk of red life as well. I think if he got a combo off with it, he would've done roughly around 80% more damage with it. I think what he did was always j.H > Weapon Change > Repeat.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
btw brawl is a million ways inferior to smash 4 because villager is just an npc and they didn't have the rugby shirt

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
if you can emulate it, i know there are people who play smash 64 online
yeah i thought about doing it, but i dont have an adapter for my pc for n64 controllers. ill be getting one eventually, though

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Why are all of you gorls Raticates...

Route 39: lvl 17 Raticate
Nickname: Kyo

I'm going to beat the Elite 4 with 6 Raticates...

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
If there was one thing I didn't like about Brawl, it was getting chaingrabbed. A lot. Even though MK was a pain in the booty at least he didn't chaingrab you.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
TvC was bae

.... *shameless self promotion*

All done on the GCN controller too. Because sticks suck.

Top Bottom