• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Okay fam, I concede. I'm extending the deadline for Powerpuff Gorls 2 to NEXT SUNDAY. THAT IS JULY 24TH. In the end it does seem like I was rushing you all a bit, and I honestly need a bit more time to organize clips myself.

To save time, feel free to send in your music choice as well, as well as your banner/what you want on your banner during this extension week. Happy replay hunting!
EXTEND!

Noted for the title.

Also I'm pretty much content with a rehash of my original banner. The fancy font, the shade of purple used, and black dress Zelda are all that I wanted. :303:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
If I could be bothered, I'd try and create my own logo for this collab.

But I don't even have Photoshop. I might ask Nammy or Koiba to help create one for me.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Morning folks! Excited for all the grand finals for the games at EVO today. My hopes are as follows:
Sonic Fox takes everyone's money in MKX
Justin Wong takes Marvel one more time
MarlinPie does alright in Xrd finals
Not invested in Melee tbh
Li Joe takes SFV on ESPN2!

Bonus: Dizzy gets a trailer for her return in Xrd.

Anyone else got a wishlist like me?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning folks! Excited for all the grand finals for the games at EVO today. My hopes are as follows:
Sonic Fox takes everyone's money in MKX
Justin Wong takes Marvel one more time
MarlinPie does alright in Xrd finals
Not invested in Melee tbh
Li Joe takes SFV on ESPN2!

Bonus: Dizzy gets a trailer for her return in Xrd.

Anyone else got a wishlist like me?
Not really. My only wish is that either KaneBlueRiver, Apologyman or Angelic take UMvC3. Maybe it's because they use lower tiered characters.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Yes let me win it and make sakurai watch it so he nerfs her
*ahem*

Oh lordess of sass, may you smirk down fondly on this gorl who seeks to play Super Smash Brothers in your image.

May your sweet spots be made all the sweeter and your sour spots be as nonexistent as Link's libido.

May your attacks sparkle like a starry night's sky and blot out the sun, blinding the unworthy and leading to victory.

Look not towards the false prophet, cloaked in assassin's cloth and teenage angst and our lordess's deviantart OC past, but to the true embodiment of our Lordess in mortal flesh, Queen of both Pirates and Sass.

As a wise woman once said in Sassodus 4:20 "If you liked it then you should've put a ring on it, Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh".

Amen.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I was bored, and i decided to use KuroganeHammer's calc to test something regarding Zelda's UAir.

As y'all know, in 1.1.5, it got a 2% damage increase, but had its kbg reduced from 90 to 84. In the end it KOs negligibly earlier still. But I wondered what kind of difference it would have made if they didn't cut down the kbg.

Originally, I had tested UAir (Pre-1.1.5) to KO Mario off the top of WiiU FD at 114%.

Using the calc, I saw what percent numbers would get equivalent KB calculations for different UAir designs:

[KB ~185 units]
15%, 30b/90g : 114%
17%, 30b/84g : 107%

Those are pre and post 1.1.5 UAir stats. Now, if we keep the kbg but add the damage.

17%, 30b/90g : 98%

Deliciously early kills. I want this

This got me thinking about Brawl UAir (Which was hilariously powerful), which has 15%, 30b/110g. So I tested that as well.

15%, 30b/110g : 88%

o_o

Brawl's UAir legit kills quicker than elevator at floor-level. BAN•ZELDA

So basically this is why Brawl UAir isn't in SSB4. Even if 1.1.5 didn't nerf the kbg, you're still looking at it being way weaker than Brawl UAir lmao.

edit: I'm going there

17%, 30b/110g : 75%

LOL

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I watched Episode 15 of that trainwreck of an Ace Attorney anime. :V

I did notice some things that were very different from this episode when compared to the Trial in the game.

- Pearl Fey actually joins Wright on the defense, not only when channeling Mia.
- Maya instantly recognizes Mia instead of after the case has been closed.
- The tiara and robes that were made exclusive to the anime are different compared to what Maya wore in the game.
- When the photo is shown of Ini Miney, they do not address the missing bullet hole in the sleeve, but instead the tiara.

It still gets 1 :4zelda: out of 5. :V

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Meh went 2-2, eliminated by a mega man. Confirmed he's top tier

But I made a lot of input errors against him so lol

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Quickly checked the UMvC3 tournament. And ChrisG won it. :V

Yes. Must've been FUN getting locked in by projectile spam. Now do it again on a PS3 ChrisG. :secretkpop:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm back to having Lucas as my secondary because somehow I still play him better than everyone who's not Greninja despite never investing all that much time into him.

Shame that he doesn't really help out all that much with Greninja's bad MUs though

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Any Guilty Gear heads that aren't me or Furret Furret here? Dizzy is coming TOMMORROW!!! and there's re-balances too!!

EODM07 EODM07 Funny enough I feel opposite of you in many ways. I'm pretty glad Chris G won Marvel. Honestly it's been over due. (Plus me and many others have personal issues with KBR but that's another story).

Melee has none of my interest but SF V got me by the heartstrings. I'm rooting for my boi LI Joe. I mean look at the guy!

He would be such a good representation of fighting games to the general public.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Smash 3DS saying that I've reached the posting limit for replays

I haven't sent a replay in over a year

Y

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Did they even take any responsibility for that?
I asked Bear to help out and he asked the others to help look for it. In the end I just got a " Sorry. we did our best". Bear really helped out thought at least. I asked him if it was possible to get a reimbursement, but he said they probably wouldn't do that.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sm4sh at EVO was literally the most hideous tournament in the game's lifetime. The way they handled... practically everything was atrocious. Terrible seeding, incomplete setups, awful rushed timing for pools/bracket (GG to those with midnight pools first night and then 8AM next day), and honestly it was just mostly neglected by the EVO organizers as a whole.

Not to mention at one point half of the setups were used for friendlies at one point DURING pools, and the whole debacle with customs and mii fighters was handled horribly.

AND YET this is a win for EVO organizers because let's be honest, they really don't give a damn about Sm4sh and if this discourages people from going to EVO for Sm4sh again. Then, they potentially have an excuse to not host it.

Absolutely scum if you think about it, just leaving 2500+ people and counting in the dust.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Any Guilty Gear heads that aren't me or Furret Furret here? Dizzy is coming TOMMORROW!!! and there's re-balances too!!
It sparked my interest for the first time this year. I think I'll keep a look out for it if/when it gets a PC release.

Sm4sh at EVO was literally the most hideous tournament in the game's lifetime. The way they handled... practically everything was atrocious. Terrible seeding, incomplete setups, awful rushed timing for pools/bracket (GG to those with midnight pools first night and then 8AM next day), and honestly it was just mostly neglected by the EVO organizers as a whole.

Not to mention at one point half of the setups were used for friendlies at one point DURING pools, and the whole debacle with customs and mii fighters was handled horribly.

AND YET this is a win for EVO organizers because let's be honest, they really don't give a damn about Sm4sh and if this discourages people from going to EVO for Sm4sh again. Then, they potentially have an excuse to not host it.

Absolutely scum if you think about it, just leaving 2500+ people and counting in the dust.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

EODM07 EODM07 Funny enough I feel opposite of you in many ways. I'm pretty glad Chris G won Marvel. Honestly it's been over due. (Plus me and many others have personal issues with KBR but that's another story).

Melee has none of my interest but SF V got me by the heartstrings. I'm rooting for my boi LI Joe. I mean look at the guy!

He would be such a good representation of fighting games to the general public.
I heard about the re balance super excited about it

also dizzy got more clothes

Did they even take any responsibility for that?
don't expect evo to take responsibility for anything

just to correct you a bit half of the set ups were reserved for non tournament matches and the TO for smash was not given the ok to use them. Still scummy

guilty gear was handled rather poorly in my opinion as well. Semifinals would have been more enjoyable to watch all the matches over finals imo
it's a win because they're **** ups weren't visible at top 8
It sparked my interest for the first time this year. I think I'll keep a look out for it if/when it gets a PC release.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/376300/

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Edit: Why did I post this here again? Oh, yeah, the Zelda social is basically the CCI thread, but much better.

Borrowing copying what BJN-sama did since I'm curious. Very curious.

Used Pit for the KO percents, so have to use his 96 weight again... All of this on the ground or assumed to be on the ground and center stage of Final Destination or an omega stage. Also, I'm probably doing this wrong...

Pre-1.0.8 Falco Uair
Normal hit
11%, 68° leg hitboxes, 27 base, 100 growth: 162% and 205 total KB.

Sour-spot...
11%, 80° body hitbox, 30 base, 20 growth: 872% and 197 total KB. <-- Why? Really, why? Existed since Melee. MELEE.

1.0.8 Falco Uair
10%, 65° or 75° leg hitboxes -- don't remember which --, 35 base, 90 growth: 194% and 208 total KB.

10%, 85° body hitbox, 35 base, 90 growth: 178% and 196 total KB.

32% loss in KO potential with the leg hitboxes and 16% loss with body hitbox if you consider it like a leg hitbox since it's no longer a sour-spot, but a different hitbox because of the angle change. Otherwise, 694% increase in KO potential with the body hitbox.

Compared with Mario and ZSS's pre-1.1.5 and 1.1.5 Uair at around 205 KB. Problems with this is the differing angles...
Mario
7%, 75°, 10 base, 135 growth
205 KB: 190%.

ZSS pre-1.1.5 Uair
8%, 80°, 30 base, 110 growth
205 KB: 190%.

ZSS 1.1.5 Uair
6.5%, 80°, 30 base, 125 growth
205 KB: 195%.

Goddess damn it all. I was right. I knew for a damned fact their Uairs KO'd earlier than Falco's 1.0.8 Uair or in ZSS's 1.1.5 Uair's case, basically the same percent. Falco's Uair does 10%, but it hits like a wet noodle. Then you have to figure Mario and ZSS's air speed are much higher than Falco's with ZSS also having good air acceleration and the third highest jump.

If the damage really was too high, then just drop it. Knockback was fine. So was the angle. Body sour-spot going away was fine even if it allowed for a weird Bair confirm while the startup reduction was just sure, why not. Frame 10 wasn't really that slow, but it wasn't fast, so I guess why not. The knockback change only made it so there was +3 more KB and +1 more hit stun at 0%; pre-1.0.8 Uair did 55 KB and 21 hit stun to 1.0.8's 58 KB and 22 hit stun. Sour-spot of course did jack; 35 KB and 13 hit stun. In the long run, it hurt Falco. The moment I used his Uair in 1.0.8, I knew it was a nerf. Lower startup, no sour-spot or not, that was a nerf to Falco's ability to KO vertically in the air. It wasn't even powerful or over-tuned considering Falco doesn't have the speed to abuse it; he can't chase like Captain Falcon or even Mario, he can't drift about like Rosalina, and he definitely doesn't have Fox or Ness's raw damage and power on his Uair. Oh, he jumps high. Guess what? So do Rosalina and ZSS and look how their Uairs are doing.

Chaining them together like Captain Falcon, Mario, Pikachu, or ZSS shouldn't really be what Falco's is doing considering its hit style, a front flip which would require Falco to always have his back facing which isn't exactly ideal, and that by design, it was kind of more like Corrin, Fox, Ike, Marth, Ness, Roy, and Yoshi's where they hit hard sending you away and read your DI instead of repeatedly chaining them together. Fox just has the benefit of having really good interactions with his Uair; fast fall speed to land quickly and auto-cancel, highest dash speed and high run speed to chase, and a fairly good jump height.

Ideally, I would like Falco's old Uair's angle, damage, and knockback back with 1.0.8's lowered startup and unified hitboxes. Realistically, only angle and knockback would be back. If that happened?
10%, 68°, 27 base, 100 growth
205 KB: 177%.

That's a 15% loss in KO potential from his old Uair while being a 17% increase from his 1.0.8 Uair.

Dropping the damage to 9%, it would match his 1.0.8 Uair and ZSS's 1.1.5 Uair.
9%, 68°, 27 base, 100 growth
205 KB: 195%

Yeah, knockback change. Fantastically killing a dead bird. 9% with 1.0.8's 35 base would still be better than his 1.0.8, 10% piece of buffalo crap.
9%, 68°, 35 base, 100 growth
205 KB: 185%.

It's old damage with 1.0.8's knockback...
11%, 68%, 35 base, 90 growth
205 KB: 174%.

Really, developers? Really? It would have been weaker. Does a lot of damage which would have been the "problem", but if that was the case, then why not just only drop the damage while keeping the old knockback? Would have achieved the same damn thing. Nope, let's screw the knockback, give it the most convoluted hitboxes ever, and drop the damage too because Falco really shouldn't be doing high damage... Meanwhile, everyone else in the game not named Sheik. Oh, wait, Sheik can combo you to hell and back, so in reality: Meanwhile, everyone else.

Nothing really changed for Falco with his 1.0.8. All the setups he could do? Yeah, pre-1.0.8 Uair's been there and done that, except a bit tighter like his U-throw to Uair setup since it was frame 10. Even the freaking sour-spot which I mentioned before allowed setups to Bair which it always did. Been a freaking day one Falco thing to do: back hit of Uair to Bair. What actually changed is that Uair got nerfed. Forcing a different style of a move on a character who along with his move were designed to work together doesn't really work. Worst case is that it functions worse not just forcing a change to how a character functions. Let's see, much lower KO potential and a juggle style that doesn't work well with Falco... This is different than introducing a new idea for a move like Marth's jab becoming more of a mixup than a swipe to slap people back.

Captain Falcon. 1.0.8 onward.
Clean hit; 11% hitbox, 70°, 10 base, 100 growth
185 KB: 159%; 205 KB: 180%.

10% hitbox, 70°, 10 base, 100 growth
185 KB: 174%; 205 KB: 197%.

Late hit; 10% hitbox, 30°, 8 base, 80 growth:
185 KB: 228%; 205 KB 257%.

9% hitbox, 30°, 8 base, 80 growth
185 KB: 250%; 205 KB: 282%.

Remember, Captain Falcon's Uair used to do 13%, 12% clean and 12%, 10% late... Yeah... Would check on it more, but I'm feeling lazy. Apparently there were knockback changes too...

Hmm, let's see what Fox's is like.
11%, 85°, 30 base, 100 growth
185 KB: 137%; 205 KB: 159%.

Booyah, I love this move. Remember, on the ground. Damn thing would KO at like 100% in the air. Which... it does. :p

The one weird thing is that since Falco's Uair was and still is Fox's -- Brawl made it an arcing hit that uses the same front flip animation --, but with much lower knockback and some other stuff like different angles and the stupid sour-spot, it technically KO'd at the same frame and same percent; second hit of Fox's Uair is frame 9 while Falco's startup was frame 10. Fox's will do a lot more damage and will KO much earlier, but there's a point, between around 160%, that they're pretty much the same moves. Kind of neat.

Meanwhile, Ness...
13%, 85°, 13 base, 109 growth
185 KB: 118%; 205 KB: 135%.

And I just realized that I used 185 KB because I kept checking BJN39's post and... Well, whatever.

Rosalina...
Frame 8-10 clean hit; 10%, 88°, 40 base, 98 growth
185 KB: 142%; 205 KB: 166%.

Frame 11-21 hit; 5%, 88°, 40 base, 98 growth
185 KB: 256%; 205 KB: 296%.

Frame 22-29 late hit; 2%, 88°, 20 base, 30 growth
Theoretically, 185 KB: 1860%; 205 KB: 2094%.

... and Luma.
4%, 108° or 92°, 110 base, 60 growth
185 KB: 246%; 205 KB: 324%.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Sm4sh at EVO was literally the most hideous tournament in the game's lifetime.
Apex 2015, TGC 6 comes to mind...

awful rushed timing for pools/bracket (GG to those with midnight pools first night and then 8AM next day)
Alternatively, do what Guilty Gear did that night and every TO does when they need to keep pools on schedule and commandeer the friendlies set ups for tournament use. Bear tried doing that, but the attendees wouldn't leave. Got the the point he was apparently walking around unplugging controllers.

and the whole debacle with customs and mii fighters was handled horribly.
The whole debacle with customs and mii fighters were indeed handled horribly...by Bear, who made the ruleset for EVO this year. Many people were angry when it was going on, there was a lot of scathing words about how they might as well ban the characters, iirc.

Yeah, those dastardly Evo organizers. Getting a legit Smash TO who made the ruleset, revised the bracket over five times, and did his best to get pools to run on time between attendees refusing to listen to the head TO and the 3rd party contractor who supplied the setups (was it Gaming Generations again this year?) messing it up. Shafting Smash 4 by giving it it's very own stream for the entirety of Friday when Tekken doesn't get any of it's pools streamed, and KI, at it's largest tournament ever, doesn't even get it's Top 32 to Top 8 streamed.

Truly villains stroking their evil mustaches deliberately sabotaging a game at their own event. As opposed to, you know, a series of unfortunate events along with some particular and entirely legitimate problems that'll never end up actually and adequately addressed due to the so justified outrage.

Thank you!

Is this the version I should be getting? I thought Revelator was the most recent?

also dizzy got more clothes
But will any of the outfits have a decent pair of pants?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGQEAiZJMco

Edit: Why did I post this here again? Oh, yeah, the Zelda social is basically the CCI thread, but much better.
I've been meaning to ask, how long does it take you to write your average post?

It feels like I spend at least a good 15 minutes just reading through it.

EDIT: Hungrybox is overcome with happiness and emotion right now.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Is this the version I should be getting? I thought Revelator was the most recent?
Revelator's not out on PC yet. Guessing it'll probably be next year for that, considering how arcsys PC ports tend to be behind for everything.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Thank you!

sign is the most recent one on steam. Arc systems super slow at releasing on pcs, but if you are looking to play anyone from the sign cast over the revelator cast (revelator adds jam, johnny, kum, dizzy, raven and jacko), then it wont matter too much which version you play, unless the balance patch turns out to be nutters in changes or you looking to elevate your game
But will any of the outfits have a decent pair of pants?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGQEAiZJMco
...no...

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Buddhahobo Buddhahobo The version of GG on pc is Sign. Revelator, the current version that literally got balanced today, is only the playstation consoles right now. You either gotta wait or get yourself a cheap ps3 or ps4. I'd say it's worth it. Xrd is imo the best 2d fighting game on the market right now. Any fan of fighting games ought to at least try it out.

edit: ninja'd

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Melee GF was hype af.

I can see why some people don't like his puff but I personally enjoy watching hbox.
(playing against something like that is a different matter tho)

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Revelator's not out on PC yet. Guessing it'll probably be next year for that, considering how arcsys PC ports tend to be behind for everything.
sign is the most recent one on steam. Arc systems super slow at releasing on pcs, but if you are looking to play anyone from the sign cast over the revelator cast (revelator adds jam, johnny, kum, dizzy, raven and jacko), then it wont matter too much which version you play, unless the balance patch turns out to be nutters in changes or you looking to elevate your game
Buddhahobo Buddhahobo The version of GG on pc is Sign. Revelator, the current version that literally got balanced today, is only the playstation consoles right now. You either gotta wait or get yourself a cheap ps3 or ps4. I'd say it's worth it. Xrd is imo the best 2d fighting game on the market right now. Any fan of fighting games ought to at least try it out.
Okay, so Revelator won't be out any time soon. Hopefully when it does come out it's just an upgrade cost, instead of a full new game to buy.

Steam sale ends on the 21st, I'll try to get accounting to finally pay me this summer and pick it up if I get the check in time.

So does this have anything at all to do with BlazBlue narratively, out of curiosity? I know that game always gets updated ports for the Vita.

I can see why some people don't like his puff but I personally enjoy watching hbox.
His pop off was an Emmy Award winning performance.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
You can't upgrade from Sign unfortunately. Don't that deter you though. Let my mans Biscuits say it better than I can.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
They made Raven a girl in a stripper cyborg ninja outfit. =/

Raven from Tekken:

The new character they just revealed for Tekken 7, Master Raven:

Like, she looks cool and everything, but what about OG Raven?

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Forgot to watch food network star's latest episode from the beginning, but was able to turn in during the commercial break just before they were eliminaTing someone

Tregaye lookT super nervous in the waiting room when they tuned back in, and I got really worried that she'd gone and shoT haself in the foot like I'm waiting for.

Then Bobby and Giada called them in and immediately cleared Tregaye for next week *fans self* the queen had it in the bag.

I was more than a bit surprised to see Ana actually get the boot, however. She'd been near-eliminated nearly 4 times, but it seemed like she was finally in the clear. She was doing presentation right...then of course is the one week she doesn't cook up to par, so boop. Gone.

Jernard's antics I was certain would have him boppT twice now, but nope.

I'm actually getting annoyed with Damiano who is Giada's obvious favorite. He has been doing decently in the competition, but only manages to be at the top of the week now because the only other competition is Ana/Jernard the former who blew it 3 weeks in a row, the latter twice. Otherwise the Giada bias is evident.

Apparently their "star salvation" sub season had its finale, which will decide hew will return for the next episode to make it 4 again. (Between Monterey, Yaku, and Ana. Lol if she makes it back right after death) BUT THEY ENDED IT WITH A CLIFFHANGER AND I ONLY GET TO KNOW NEXT WEEK HEW WON.

I'M DONE.
#Pray4Tregaye

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've been meaning to ask, how long does it take you to write your average post?

It feels like I spend at least a good 15 minutes just reading through it.
Probably a lot of time. I just type and words flow through me like a sewage pipe.

Top Bottom