• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Damn, how does Lana get better and better? First exploding walls, then electric exploding walls, and now I'm the Gamecube startup screen. This is insane.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Damn, how does Lana get better and better? First exploding walls, then electric exploding walls, and now I'm the Gamecube startup screen. This is insane.
Fun fact: Lana is mid-tier on the Ggaqs tier list.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Anyone heard about the tragedy in France?
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/1...now.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

It's so awful. I can't believe someone is that ****** up. But at the same time, I can, which is pretty depressing.
Whoever did it must be seriously mentally unstable. The victims and their families have my condolences.
View attachment 112358

Omfg this EVO is gonna be interesting.
I don't recognise who Dath is but that is quite the achievement. The highest ranking player that I've ever fought was Earth but was only friendlies.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
This one by BJN39 BJN39 gets me every time I read it:
image.jpeg

I wish I could've been there at the time but I'd just post something cringey anyways.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I've decided to look up to see how far The Completionist got through pools. And he drowned in Smash 4's and Tekken's.
Not a big surprise there at all. :V

I'll be cracking on with more of my stuff, and tomorrow; I'll be going out for a meal. :yeahboi:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
> Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Apparently Mr. E (not to be confused with the Rob player Mr. Eric or the japanese robin player Mr. II )sent ZeRo to losers.

ZeRo didn't even wait to get back to his hotel room before throwing out johns on social media. =/

Like, c',mon dude, people who aren't on your "worthy" list can beat you too without acting like this and sending people to send threats to people who beat you at a video game.

I've decided to look up to see how far The Completionist got through pools. And he drowned in Smash 4's and Tekken's.
Tekken was great fun. Akuma is OP and looks amazing. Everyone looks amazing. I want this game yesterday D:

Mostly Korean players, though. Makes sense considering how Tekken is sort of their game, in the same way KOF is sort of Mexico's game.

m2chainz do all black lives matter
Why will no one think of the Inkling children? How many times must they trip and fall and go splat before we as a people do something about the dihydrogen monoxide epidemic sweeping inktropolis? How many more squids must live in fear of the Octopi threat? How many more must we lose to the existential crisis of being both a kid and a squid?

#squidlivesmatter

#ExceptCallie

#MarieMasterRace

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I will attempt to submit stuff to PPG2 tonight/early tomorrow if at all possible. I'd love to!

On a side note, I've gotten 82 consecutive super jumps in Super Mario RPG. Slowly crawling towards 100 but it's painful.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Ryu's defensive mobility is pretty bad tho lol. That's not false, it's objectively true. His aerial influence is terrible, if you hit him, the most he can do is Focus Attack but he's locked into it for almost 30 frames, etc. etc. I am recalling everything people say about Roy and how his air speed is bad because of his terrible accel, this applies to Ryu except tenfold (the large difference is Ryu's aerials are better on paper but his mixup game in that regard is lacking. That's why they're all kinda safe on block, he can't really weave or mix up his landing.)

Spotdodge is bad, rolls aren't that good. He's the most viable heavy in the game because of his punish game, but his defensive options outside of like, shield are pretty bad. His ground speed is his best mobility trait but that's only if he runs, which he has MINIMAL solid options out of (DA is ok, dashgrab is good, that's it). You'd normally then walk but his walk speed basically relegates it to doing it in people's faces only.

I don't play Ryu anymore mostly for control reasons (Why does A button do specials) but nothing that's being said about him in there is untrue at all.

The funniest thing about Ryu is that what he's been known for very often (his very potent fireball game) is really REALLY bad in Smash. Why does Red Fireball literally die i none hit to EVERYTHING? The FAF is terrible (worse than Mario fireball except Mario's are way better because of how he can weave and their trajectory in the air vs. flying straight ahead like Ryu's), the dmg isn't good. They lose to everything but blocking which is funny.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
And then after that you get the spear and k-pop gates too! :secretkpop:

Fun fact: Lana is mid-tier on the Ggaqs tier list.
well to be fair her damage sucks

that doesn't really matter until like, Twilight/Termina maps or Hero mode though

Apparently Mr. E (not to be confused with the Rob player Mr. Eric or the japanese robin player Mr. II )sent ZeRo to losers.

ZeRo didn't even wait to get back to his hotel room before throwing out johns on social media. =/

Like, c',mon dude, people who aren't on your "worthy" list can beat you too without acting like this and sending people to send threats to people who beat you at a video game.
i dunno man, anyone who's daring enough to spit on the shoes of THE KING and crutch on the overpowered Marth character to beat him probably deserves it

probably

I don't actually remember the last time I heard anything about ZeRo that wasn't just him whining about things.

#squidlivesmatter

#ExceptCallie

#MarieMasterRace
You're alright.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Ryu's defensive mobility is pretty bad tho lol. That's not false, it's objectively true. His aerial influence is terrible, if you hit him, the most he can do is Focus Attack but he's locked into it for almost 30 frames, etc. etc. I am recalling everything people say about Roy and how his air speed is bad because of his terrible accel, this applies to Ryu except tenfold (the large difference is Ryu's aerials are better on paper but his mixup game in that regard is lacking. That's why they're all kinda safe on block, he can't really weave or mix up his landing.)

Spotdodge is bad, rolls aren't that good. He's the most viable heavy in the game because of his punish game, but his defensive options outside of like, shield are pretty bad. His ground speed is his best mobility trait but that's only if he runs, which he has MINIMAL solid options out of (DA is ok, dashgrab is good, that's it). You'd normally then walk but his walk speed basically relegates it to doing it in people's faces only.

I don't play Ryu anymore mostly for control reasons (Why does A button do specials) but nothing that's being said about him in there is untrue at all.

The funniest thing about Ryu is that what he's been known for very often (his very potent fireball game) is really REALLY bad in Smash. Why does Red Fireball literally die i none hit to EVERYTHING? The FAF is terrible (worse than Mario fireball except Mario's are way better because of how he can weave and their trajectory in the air vs. flying straight ahead like Ryu's), the dmg isn't good. They lose to everything but blocking which is funny.
Well, you gotta make Dish proud by maining Cloud. :secretkpop:

But in all seriousness, I never really thought of that for Ryu. Maybe it's because I don't use him, and I'm pretty trash with him anyway. :V

D

Deleted member

So I can confirm I went to Six Flags yesterday.

Honestly, I don't know what I was freaking about. By the second ride, I felt so ALIVE. I WAS LIVING.

I mean, I lost all feeling in my arms and hands yesterday from holding on too tight but other than that, it was a great time.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Btw, did Ven make it out of pools and into Top 32?
He said that he did kinda bad in R2 Pools. Didn't have his Wiimote because the EVO staff lost it. RIP. He did have to face Vinnie in Winners of his R2 pool though. Still proud of the gorl. :)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Can Falco have Ryu's Hadouken then? It would be a massive upgrade to his ability to at least zone from, "Please help me, I'm reliving every spaghetti western villain's duel, but I got a flintlock instead of a six-shooter." ;_;

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Can Falco have Ryu's Hadouken then? It would be a massive upgrade to his ability to at least zone. ;_;
Falco's Blaster is at least transcendent and doesn't lose to literally anything. It has a similar FAF on the ground at 59 (like one frame slower) but an FAF of 50 in the air.

You don't want your character to be downgraded do you?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
This one by BJN39 BJN39 gets me every time I read it:
View attachment 112374
I wish I could've been there at the time but I'd just post something cringey anyways.
I never had an event hubs account

I just sat at Zelda home collecTing them.

Never realized you could look over their comments that way. I just collected them all and had them on my phone :^)

I changed my name

Feels gud to be back
proud of yew sist

Last edited:

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
I never had an event hubs account

I just sat at Zelda home collecTing them.

Never realized you could look over their comments that way. I just collected them all and had them on my phone :^)
Oh
I assumed it was you since you're considered the Momma around here.
So which of yew gorls did that masterpiece?

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Sometimes I wish Smash 4 Ryu had ST level of fireballs. That be so broken but fun for me at least as a Ryu main lol. Too bad Smash players are allergic to zoning. Always hated the terming "camping" with a passion. Almost as much as "friendlies" :secretkpop:

BTW, how's Trela doing so far? He's the last thing that keeps competitive smash relevant to me.

Sidenote: Shoutouts to Trela's teammate MarlinPie for making top 8 for Guilty Gear, keeping a glimmer of hope for this US scene. Hopefully Justin Wong or some other US player can make top 8 in SFV

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Sometimes I wish Smash 4 Ryu had ST level of fireballs. That be so broken but fun for me at least as a Ryu main lol. Too bad Smash players are allergic to zoning. Always hated the terming "camping" with a passion. Almost as much as "friendlies" :secretkpop:

BTW, how's Trela doing so far? He's the last thing that keeps competitive smash relevant to me.

Sidenote: Shoutouts to Trela's teammate MarlinPie for making top 8 for Guilty Gear, keeping a glimmer of hope for this US scene. Hopefully Justin Wong or some other US player can make top 8 in SFV
Trela just beat Mr. R 2-1 and Ryu is now guaranteed Top 8 at EVO rn in Smash 4.

Also tbf Ryu's fireball data in Smash 4 is mostly close to what it is in ST. It's just that it's a very different game, his fireballs don't have to be respected as much, stages are smaller, etc.

Also physical attacks destroying them means they don't need to be cared for at all in that regard.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Trela just beat Mr. R 2-1 and Ryu is now guaranteed Top 8 at EVO rn in Smash 4.

Also tbf Ryu's fireball data in Smash 4 is mostly close to what it is in ST. It's just that it's a very different game, his fireballs don't have to be respected as much, stages are smaller, etc.

Also physical attacks destroying them means they don't need to be cared for at all in that regard.
Seeing fireballs being dispelled by jabs actually hurts my soul. Then again, an intangible red fireball theoretically could be busted.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Seeing fireballs being dispelled by jabs actually hurts my soul. Then again, an intangible red fireball theoretically could be busted.
Ryu does do ST tier damage tho, that's for sure lol. Even has the j.MK crossup built into his Fair (this was a cool detail a lot of people don't notice).

He's pretty cool. If A button didn't do specials (this is so dumb) I'd be using him and Cloud.

Top Bottom