• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I really appreciate that you wouldn't let a mistake stop you from coming to me for help. Thank you, honestly.

Are there any more details you can give me? Age, how well you know her, etc?
She is about 18ish I believe. I know her decently well, but we aren't like close or anything. Yesterday, she "proclaimed her love to me", and again, I let her down softly, she went hysterical. Today, I see cut marks that weren't there yesterday...

Also, I enjoy your company and your advice, so it is absolutely no problem. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
She is about 18ish I believe. I know her decently well, but we aren't like close or anything. Yesterday, she "proclaimed her love to me", and again, I let her down softly, she went hysterical. Today, I see cut marks that weren't there yesterday...
I see.. if it was that quick of a transition, then something must not be right with her. Is there any way you can get in contact with her relatives, or know someone who can? Friends, teachers, guidance counselors.. anyone who can talk with her and possibly get her help. I don't see much of an alternative; it's already out of reasonable control.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Why Women! WHHYYYYYYY!!!!! They try to destroy my relationship, they try to flirt, they try to be sexual just to get to me. And now, they are literally hurting themselves!
@ Twili Twili
Please, I need your help more than ever. What should I do?
I don't mean to intrude, but how are things with you and Rosa?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So I was playing Melee again because I wanted to go back to play around with L-Cancels/etc. plus I was sick of SSB4....,
then a thought came to my mind...

Why does SSB4 have such high Landing Lag? :I
If they wanted to reduce the barrier of entry for newcomers, they could have easily just made Smooth Landing require no input > the gameplay would benefit w/o increasing the skill gap.

Idk, alot of decisions they made like Zelda's lack of safe Air > Ground approaches with that horrendous Landing Lag
( Zelda isn't even the only one who suffers from this ) just don't sit right with me :/
If aerials were safe, spamming aerials would be a free, mindless approach option (hi Sheik fair). Having to commit to them forces more intelligent play.

Besides, we have Perfect Landings that are like a "better" implementation of L-Cancelling, in that it rewards connecting an aerial at a specific time without universally being the best option every time you use an aerial.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Besides, we have Perfect Landings that are like a "better" implementation of L-Cancelling, in that it rewards connecting an aerial at a specific time without universally being the best option every time you use an aerial.
^this is the tech for your Falcon's Knee > Knee right? :u

I guess it could lead to everyone spamming, but part of me really hates how high the Landing Lag is on some moves :(

EDIT: I kinda just wish there was universally faster movement/mobility, not necessarily faster attacks.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I don't mean to intrude, but how are things with you and Rosa?
We are great as per usual. We have had some problems, due to some external forces(I swear to you, girls are going to be the end of me), but it's not really a problem with us, but mainly me.
I see.. if it was that quick of a transition, then something must not be right with her. Is there any way you can get in contact with her relatives, or know someone who can? Friends, teachers, guidance counselors.. anyone who can talk with her and possibly get her help. I don't see much of an alternative; it's already out of reasonable control.
I can probably talk to one of her professors... Should I talk to her directly first though?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
GGs @ Lorde Lorde and sorry for the constant interruptions
That sheik though XD
We are great as per usual. We have had some problems, due to some external forces(I swear to you, girls are going to be the end of me), but it's not really a problem with us, but mainly me.
Ah, good to hear
(I swear to you, girls are going to be the end of me)
Trust me I know that feel, you're preaching to the choir man

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ seriously, gg. I had a lot of fun. idk what was up with the lag on the shulk v. sheik match.
I also apologize for the things I had set to my taunts. I haven't played Roll Glory since November so I couldn't remember what I had put for the taunt message things. sorry!

You played pretty well. Just a few things I noticed (take with a grain of salt, though, since i don't play your characters):
-you have a habit to abuse up-b and hammer with kirby. both are pretty punishable (especially hammer). I'm just bad and can't punish you. maybe you should try using them less?
-you also used up-b and dair with link a ton, too. they're also super punishable. i'd say you should probably try not to use those as much, too.
-your shulk was pretty good. i was able to bait a lot of smashes out of you (and couldn't punish them because i'm bad and lol zelda) so watch out for that. if you actually like him, then definitely hit the labs with him bc you have a decent shulk already and you could get even better :)

I can't remember anything else...gg's again!

oh, and sorry about the sd's. I always forget if I use my double jump lol.

That sheik though XD
tysm. sheik has been my co-main since melee, so i hope i have a decent sheik O.o
tbh i don't like her too much in ssb4 (which is why I don't main her) but I wanted to show you that i can play people other than zelda lol.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I can probably talk to one of her professors... Should I talk to her directly first though?
A direct approach may not be the best idea. It would most likely alert her to your next move to talk to someone above her, and make diagnosing the problem more difficult. As well, she seems fragile. It'd be best to have others intervene to figure out if the problem really did stem from her affections being one-sided, so they can go from there to help her out.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ seriously, gg. I had a lot of fun. idk what was up with the lag on the shulk v. sheik match.
I also apologize for the things I had set to my taunts. I haven't played Roll Glory since November so I couldn't remember what I had put for the taunt message things. sorry!

You played pretty well. Just a few things I noticed (take with a grain of salt, though, since i don't play your characters):
-you have a habit to abuse up-b and hammer with kirby. both are pretty punishable (especially hammer). I'm just bad and can't punish you. maybe you should try using them less?
-you also used up-b and dair with link a ton, too. they're also super punishable. i'd say you should probably try not to use those as much, too.
-your shulk was pretty good. i was able to bait a lot of smashes out of you (and couldn't punish them because i'm bad and lol zelda) so watch out for that. if you actually like him, then definitely hit the labs with him bc you have a decent shulk already and you could get even better :)

I can't remember anything else...gg's again!

oh, and sorry about the sd's. I always forget if I use my double jump lol.

tysm. sheik has been my co-main since melee, so i hope i have a decent sheik O.o
tbh i don't like her too much in ssb4 (which is why I don't main her) but I wanted to show you that i can play people other than zelda lol.
The taunts were no problem XD
Wasn't worse then my "Shoulda rolled" and "Sample text"
I hear what you're saying about Link and Kirby, tbh I don't really pull out hammer and up-b (Link) too much (normally). But I do dair like the world is ending XD
I honestly don't like saying stuff like this because it detracts from my opponent's wins, and I honestly don't want to take anything from your Ws but we should play again sometime, I was a wee bit off my game. You're not bad though and ggs again :3

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The taunts were no problem XD
Wasn't worse then my "Shoulda rolled" and "Sample text"
I hear what you're saying about Link and Kirby, tbh I don't really pull out hammer and up-b (Link) too much (normally). But I do dair like the world is ending XD
I honestly don't like saying stuff like this because it detracts from my opponent's wins, and I honestly don't want to take anything from your Ws but we should play again sometime, I was a wee bit off my game. You're not bad though and ggs again :3
Thank you very much! I would love to play again sometime.

Personally, I like constructive criticism. And you won like 3 or 4 times as many matches as I did so lol don't worry about offending me. I know I'm not great. :p

And yeah, I've noticed from the few times that I've played online with people on here is that I do weird things I never usually do. Like, I used dair with sheik a lot more than I should have (dair is really bad and should never be used). idk I think the "pressure" makes us do weird things.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
A direct approach may not be the best idea. It would most likely alert her to your next move to talk to someone above her, and make diagnosing the problem more difficult. As well, she seems fragile. It'd be best to have others intervene to figure out if the problem really did stem from her affections being one-sided, so they can go from there to help her out.
That makes sense... I will see what I can do tomorrow, and report back when something actually happens
Can I ask you a question? Why are girls getting so infatuated with me? Is it something I am doing? I do not think it's my looks, because objectively speaking, I am only average looking. I am relatively short as well, so what gives? Why do girls like me so much?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
dam it @ Twili Twili I'm trying to create a young man who uses his mind and his wit to naturally observe and solve his problems while letting him be his own person. You feed him answers making my process useless QQ
Can I ask you a question? Why are girls getting so infatuated with me? Is it something I am doing? I do not think it's my looks, because objectively speaking, I am only average looking. I am relatively short as well, so what gives? Why do girls like me so much?
couldn't tell ya, there are some things people just won't understand.
Edit: and when it comes to being infatuated with someone, I'm the most clueless ******* on the planet

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
That makes sense... I will see what I can do tomorrow, and report back when something actually happens
Alright, I hope things go better than last time.
And honestly, I think that's a completely subjective question. I wouldn't be able to answer that for you in honesty, since I don't know you personally. Though you do seem to be a very sweet person; if I may go out on a limb to provide some thought, maybe it's your personality? And when it comes to looks, everyone has their own tastes. It all depends on who's looking at you, really.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
dam it @ Twili Twili I'm trying to create a young man who uses his mind and his wit to naturally observe and solve his problems while letting him be his own person. You feed him answers making my process useless QQ

couldn't tell ya, there are some things people just won't understand
The thing is, is that I can help other people with their problems easily, especially when it comes to relationships. Yet when it comes to me, I always seem to make incorrect decisions. It is extremely odd, yet I understand why due to basic psychology.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
The thing is, is that I can help other people with their problems easily, especially when it comes to relationships. Yet when it comes to me, I always seem to make incorrect decisions. It is extremely odd, yet I understand why due to basic psychology.
you said the magic word psychology which is close enough to philosophy for me
This means I'm gonna take my time talking about your problem as such;
A famous philosopher, Jean-Paul Sartre, once stated that God doesn't exist and as such our choices are our own. I'm not here to argue religion, but rather the idea that we ourselves must decide our own actions. Jean-Paul often argued that this burden of having to choose who and what we are is rather great. So great in fact that we sometimes will often allow others to make it for us, whether it is voluntary or not. Jean-Paul called this acting in bad faith, however that's getting past the point I want to make. Which the actual point is, perhaps you are not making incorrect decisions, perhaps you felt your decisions were incorrect because you didn't like the outcome and lastly perhaps the sheer weight of having to make a choice you feel would effect someone's life seems to be negative in every outcome. And as a result rather then choosing to take an action you decide to let others decide for you or let time decide itself.

In other words because you are the one having to make the decision the pressure is causing you to think you acted poorly or more importantly will act poorly and as a result you ignore problems or turn to others.

I could go on if you want :D

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
you said the magic word psychology which is close enough to philosophy for me
This means I'm gonna take my time talking about your problem as such;
A famous philosopher, Jean-Paul Sartre, once stated that God doesn't exist and as such our choices are our own. I'm not here to argue religion, but rather the idea that we ourselves must decide our own actions. Jean-Paul often argued that this burden of having to choose who and what we are is rather great. So great in fact that we sometimes will often allow others to make it for us, whether it is voluntary or not. Jean-Paul called this acting in bad faith, however that's getting past the point I want to make. Which the actual point is, perhaps you are not making incorrect decisions, perhaps you felt your decisions were incorrect because you didn't like the outcome and lastly perhaps the sheer weight of having to make a choice you feel would effect someone's life seems to be negative in every outcome. And as a result rather then choosing to take an action you decide to let others decide for you or let time decide itself.

In other words because you are the one having to make the decision the pressure is causing you to think you acted poorly or more importantly will act poorly and as a result you ignore problems or turn to others.

I could go on if you want :D
First let me even this out by saying:
Butts butts butts super butts Loltits69

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
First let me even this out by saying:
Butts butts butts super butts Loltits69
hmm I suppose you're right or perhaps there is nothing outside of the text. Jacques Derrida, argued that the words we learned are not learned by the true essence of a word, but rather from Différance in other words our understanding of words is purely from the relation of words to other words and as such the name we give something holds no meaning.
For Derrida using Différance and the word Butt
we understand the word as end the end of the body or blunt end of the object
blunt end;
we understand the word as a dull edge, something not sharp
dull;
we understand the word as being boring and slow
slow;
we understand the word slow by the concept of speed
concept of speed;
we understand this concept by the word movement
movement;
we understand this by the act of moving
act;
we understand this word as being a performance or something done
performance;
we understand this by drama, musicals and entertainment
drama;
we understand this by knowing what plays are
plays;
we understand what plays are due to the combination of props, scenes and actors coming together
props;
we understand props to be almost anything that could be used in acting, such as a sword
sword;
we understand what swords are by them being sharp and pointed
sharp;
we understand sharp by being not blunt, by being not a butt

As a result Derrida argued that this déconstruction of a word caused meanings to turtle in on themselves and as a result no words hold true meaning and naming something held no objective meaning.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
So i won a tournament today. It was mostly casual players but i still feel really good about the victory lol. Peach won the final match but i had equal use of Zelda and Peach.

kaazers

Smash Master
Huh. What. I've been summoned?

I'm pretty sure @ kaazers kaazers will like this

Kaaz is a big fan of dat Yu Narukami ;)
Ah, Yu Narukami and/or Persona being mentioned in this thread?

I approve!

So how did he come up in conversation anywa----

Yosuke X Yu is a pretty good ship. cccc:

Oh god page 89 here we go again.
OH.
Hang on…

THERE WE GO! :troll:

Hahaha---
/shot

I'm saving this for a certain friend.
@ kaazers kaazers :troll:...
Twi, we need to attract Kaaz's attention. The Yu Narukami thing and this gif won't be enough...WE NEED MOAR CUTE GIFS

@ kaazers kaazers @ kaazers kaazers @ kaazers kaazers

:awesome::troll::secretkpop:
You forgot the most important thing!

Huskies. :troll:
@ kaazers kaazers :awesome:
A;SLKDFJASL;FJKADFL;DAFL;
AD;SKFJSKJL;JKLFDLS;JA;
AS;LKDF;KDSKLFDSJKDFKLS;

WOW. You two just want me to punch every single wall in order to (attempt to) regain my manliness, don't you? Well, the wallpaper here is really nice and I'm also a guest here so I won't, but as soon as I get back to my own place…

Also, @Rickster @TriforceOfWisdom @ Rukia Rukia @Matsuokai
Hiiii, Kaaz wuz here.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna likespam all of the recent animal related image/gifs in this thread and then head on over to bed, haha. Prepare your alerts!

That thread title is amazing, btw.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna likespam all of the recent animal related image/gifs in this thread and then head on over to bed, haha. Prepare your alerts!

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Huh. What. I've been summoned?

Ah, Yu Narukami and/or Persona being mentioned in this thread?

I approve!

So how did he come up in conversation anywa----

OH.
Hang on…

THERE WE GO! :troll:

Hahaha---
/shot

A;SLKDFJASL;FJKADFL;DAFL;
AD;SKFJSKJL;JKLFDLS;JA;
AS;LKDF;KDSKLFDSJKDFKLS;

WOW. You two just want me to punch every single wall in order to (attempt to) regain my manliness, don't you? Well, the wallpaper here is really nice and I'm also a guest here so I won't, but as soon as I get back to my own place…

Also, @Rickster @TriforceOfWisdom @ Rukia Rukia @Matsuokai
Hiiii, Kaaz wuz here.

Whole post. Liked. All of it.
Sup Kaz. :awesome:

Edit: In other news, I'm versing a friend, my Zelda vs her Robin; last stock, both in rage, I manage to snipe with Farore's but missed the ledge cancel by like. Half a molecule. Died first. The salt is real but I'm laughing omg.

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I can promise you this, if you act like that/say things like that, no smart girl will stick with you because your ego sounds WAYYY too high

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And I found out I spilled sauce from the chicken adobo I bought for lunch in my backpack. I should ask for a bag next time or hold it awkwardly instead of putting it inside of my backpack. The book I'm supposed to read now smells like chicken adobo... I knew I should have just ate it near the food truck since there were benches there.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Most satisfying moment i had. I Ganon stomped a someone and then during the bounce lightning kicked them.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
hmm I suppose you're right or perhaps there is nothing outside of the text. Jacques Derrida, argued that the words we learned are not learned by the true essence of a word, but rather from Différance in other words our understanding of words is purely from the relation of words to other words and as such the name we give something holds no meaning.
For Derrida using Différance and the word Butt
we understand the word as end the end of the body or blunt end of the object
blunt end;
we understand the word as a dull edge, something not sharp
dull;
we understand the word as being boring and slow
slow;
we understand the word slow by the concept of speed
concept of speed;
we understand this concept by the word movement
movement;
we understand this by the act of moving
act;
we understand this word as being a performance or something done
performance;
we understand this by drama, musicals and entertainment
drama;
we understand this by knowing what plays are
plays;
we understand what plays are due to the combination of props, scenes and actors coming together
props;
we understand props to be almost anything that could be used in acting, such as a sword
sword;
we understand what swords are by them being sharp and pointed
sharp;
we understand sharp by being not blunt, by being not a butt

As a result Derrida argued that this déconstruction of a word caused meanings to turtle in on themselves and as a result no words hold true meaning and naming something held no objective meaning.
but what is a word but a word to describe words?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So many of my friends are fans of both series and yet none of them made this joke once

I am shocked
i dunno, i remember thinking this as soon as that picture happened

and ive never seen jojo

i just played him occasionally in jump ultimate stars lol

Top Bottom