• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Although I'm tempted to say that Palu isn't nearly as bad as anyone thought she was (I actually think so), take note that you should give credit to the player. A lot of people forget about this too much when perceived mid/low tier characters blow up out of no where and even when it comes to top/high tier characters (particularly the ones lacking reliable kill set-ups)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can already feel @feelicks staring at me . . . .

:150:
WHO'S BOTTOM 10 NOW BOI

Although I'm tempted to say that Palu isn't nearly as bad as anyone thought she was (I actually think so), take note that you should give credit to the player. A lot of people forget about this too much when perceived mid/low tier characters blow up out of no where and even when it comes to top/high tier characters (particularly the ones lacking reliable kill set-ups)
tbf, Palu's been performing well for several months now but people just ignore her results

:4shulk::4samus::4duckhunt: also suffer from the same stigma and it kinda sucks.

I think Palu's p.good. It's just that everyone calls her dog **** so I usually sit down and be quiet. Lol

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I've always been unsure about Palutena but it's less a matter of she being bad and more a matter of "how many characters are worse than Palutena?" that makes me stumped in trying to place her.

Especially because her moveset is pretty extreme with some really gud moves and some really bad ones.

D

Deleted member

I've always been unsure about Palutena but it's less a matter of she being bad and more a matter of "how many characters are worse than Palutena?" that makes me stumped in trying to place her.

Especially because her moveset is pretty extreme with some really gud moves and some really bad ones.
:4wiifit::4duckhunt::4zelda::4feroy::4gaw::4ganondorf::4charizard::4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4falco::4dedede::4link::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4pacman:, if I had to take them out of my hat. I'd say :4samus: is worse as well but that's heavily debatable. 1111 Miis don't exist so I'm probably cheating there too. :p

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
:4wiifit::4duckhunt::4zelda::4feroy::4gaw::4ganondorf::4charizard::4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4falco::4dedede::4link::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4pacman:, if I had to take them out of my hat. I'd say :4samus: is worse as well but that's heavily debatable. 1111 Miis don't exist so I'm probably cheating there too. :p
Not too sure on :4pacman::4wiifit::4link::4duckhunt::4feroy::4gaw: being worse than her. Duck Hunt has also been getting pretty amazing results in Japan as well and WFT and G&W have done work as well.

And if you take out the Miis and the ones I mentioned that does place Palutena in bottom 10 still.

D

Deleted member

Not too sure on :4pacman::4wiifit::4link::4duckhunt::4feroy::4gaw: being worse than her. Duck Hunt has also been getting pretty amazing results in Japan as well and WFT and G&W have done work as well.

And if you take out the Miis and the ones I mentioned that does place Palutena in bottom 10 still.
I dunno. :4feroy: has barely done anything of note ever since his inception in the meta. :4link: does decently but doesn't get the same results that Palutena does usually. :4wiifit::4gaw: are two pretty niche characters overall and I'd argue they'd heave a weaker gameplan overall than Palu.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Does anyone ever play Roy? It's like only scrubs play him. Like me. I'm sure pretty much any other character has more high level rep.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I dunno. :4feroy: has barely done anything of note ever since his inception in the meta. :4link: does decently but doesn't get the same results that Palutena does usually. :4wiifit::4gaw: are two pretty niche characters overall and I'd argue they'd heave a weaker gameplan overall than Palu.
I dunno I feel like those six are overall in the same power level as Palutena. Pac-Man and Roy both are suffering a bit from poor representation ever since a lot of the good Pac-Man mains switched (which I guess is not a very good sign for the character but eh) and Link, Duck Hunt, WFT and G&W all occasionally get good results when their top players show up similarly to Palu.

D

Deleted member

I dunno I feel like those six are overall in the same power level as Palutena. Pac-Man and Roy both are suffering a bit from poor representation ever since a lot of the good Pac-Man mains switched (which I guess is not a very good sign for the character but eh) and Link, Duck Hunt, WFT and G&W all occasionally get good results when their top players show up similarly to Palu.
Eh, I'll concede. I just feel like Palu is just a tad stronger than them. Her having a major mobility advantage over all the characters you mentioned (bar Roy) also helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I wish I could've seen it all. I was watching it on my Wii U, but it was being a ***** and decided to jump back about five seconds every so often, so I missed out. I'll probably either browse online to see if anyone recorded it, or wait for the CEO matches to be posted on YouTube by VGBC.

But I did see the first game, that was hype.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Eh, I'll concede. I just feel like Palu is just a tad stronger than them. Her having a major mobility advantage over all the characters you mentioned (bar Roy) also helps.
Well, like I said, Palu's hard to pin down. I could see her being bottom 10 just as easily as I could see her not being there.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Dang, I was rooting for Ace to win, but Xaltis's Lucina was amazing. Props to them :happysheep:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Darn it, I need to post more. I'm always forgotten in Zelda Social things :sadsheep:

Steam summer sale is live until July 4th and 20/22 games in my wishlist are on sale O_O. Will probably be getting Undertale, Freedom Planet, Rocket League and some other good stuff.

Happy Birthday to wedl!! wedl!! btw :)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Darn it, I need to post more. I'm always forgotten in Zelda Social things :sadsheep:

Steam summer sale is live until July 4th and 20/22 games in my wishlist are on sale O_O. Will probably be getting Undertale, Freedom Planet, Rocket League and some other good stuff.

I'd get some games myself. Buuut I'll stick with collecting the cards. :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Since CEO decided to be mean and private the Prince Ramen v ZeRo match.

Here's the highlight of it instead. :V

Also, I saw the Prince Ramen v DrillSage. He KO'd DrillSage with an UThrow with Max Rage at 120%. And even took a game off of him with an UTilt, KOing at 130%.

I hope to see him progress even further through this tournament. <3

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
This gorl Jade at CEO with the insane Bowser Jr.! Just beat Trela!!! Set was insanely hype

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Oh, I haven't really bothered looking at Steam in a good while now. 25% off Momodora, 40% off Wings of Vi...I've been told I should get Fortune Summoners and that's 75% off, but I dunno if that interests me.

Any platformer/RPG recommendations?

edit: oh Tobari is only $3, definitely grabbing that

This gorl Jade at CEO with the insane Bowser Jr.! Just beat Trela!!! Set was insanely hype
im glad i started watching the stream before this set

that was one of the hypest sets i've ever watched

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I just noticed the large increase of D.va avatars here. You know what other game has a small Korean girl piloting a mech

Guilty Gear!

Top Bottom