• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
How to not be bad at fighting games lesson 2:

Make a practice regime

See Laudandus' Practice Regime for inspiration:

However, to get the most out of practice, you'll need to figure out specific problems that require fixing & thinking of & then practicing in these situations. Practice without a plan in mind is just gonna create bad habits

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Kofu Kofu Would you be interested in playing with me sometime? The Brazilian community has been making a MU chart and one of the characters we're discussing is G&W, a fellow Greninja main has put the MU as +2 for Greninja which I don't feel is quite right but at the same time I have zero experience with anything the character can do.
Sure! If you want to play a little later today or tomorrow afternoon I'd be down. Offhand the MU seems like a +1 for Gekkouga. If we could bucket Water Shuriken it would be a lot easier.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Sure! If you want to play a little later today or tomorrow afternoon I'd be down. Offhand the MU seems like a +1 for Gekkouga. If we could bucket Water Shuriken it would be a lot easier.
I placed the MU as +1 Greninja myself, yeah, but I want more experience first. I'll be going to college soon, but I should be available around 4-5 hours from now.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Can G&W bucket DH's trick shot can? I meant to ask that.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Have any of you gorls ever shared a game with someone, only for them to criticize and make fun of everything about it and just not take it seriously at all?

Slightly pissed at a friend who did that. I didn't think he'd act like such an *** about it.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Have any of you gorls ever shared a game with someone, only for them to criticize and make fun of everything about it and just not take it seriously at all?

Slightly pissed at a friend who did that. I didn't think he'd act like such an *** about it.
Not really. I don't think this will count, but I had some younger kids at the school I used to go to. And they would annoy the hell out of me during one of the Activities we could do during something called Activity Day. And it was a Gaming Activity that I did every year. And these kids would ALWAYS pull the plug that connected my Gamecube to the TV, and even stole the remote once.

I eventually took it back off them, they tried to pin the blame on me by saying "MISS! He snatched the remote from me!". She responded with "Do I even care!?". So then me and my sister continued to play Melee and Sonic Riders during the rest of the activity. (My sister graduated a year ago before that. She would bring the cables, games and system to the activity.)

Hi everyone!

Newbie zelda and smash4 player here, can some of you zelda mains give me some advice and help regarding how to use zelda? Thanks in advance

Here:

http://smashboards.com/posts/21086728/

Sorry for asking this, thats the post I made on the video thread but there doenst seem to be much activity there any help is really welcome.

Thank you. :)

Also, sorry. I'm a former Zelda main, so I don't have any good advice to give you right now. But the others can most definitely help, like SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 , @Macchiato and many others.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Can G&W bucket DH's trick shot can? I meant to ask that.
Only if it explodes passively (after the can starts burning/smoking). If Duck Hunt is shooting it toward you you can't bucket it. You can also bucket the clay pigeon as it shatters (but again, if it hits Game & Watch first it won't work).

D

Deleted member

With today being Day of Silence (I think that's what it's called), a lot of people at school duct taped their mouths shut and had some note thing taped onto their shirts. I had a couple friends participating, however, after Math class, me and my friends Noah (One of the people I knew that participated) and Caroline were leaving as we heard someone yell out "Oh hey, it's National *** Day!". Noah didn't hear, but me and Caroline did and personally, I was really angry because I can't stand people who judge others for who they are. He's one of plenty cancerous people at my school tbh.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
oh my god, I love my new avatar. I'm suprised it even existed, but I'm glad it does. I'll probably pull out my editing software and add some color to it.

:150:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Was playing For Glory today and the first thing I see was a Bayonetta player. He/she was terrible and kept SD'ing and after two games with feet waifu I thought "I can just ditto him and probably win still".

I got destroyed because idk how to bayo lmao. Once I died at 60% at the side with Bayo's Dair how does that even work

Then I felt bad for this one other person. I came back to win being down a stock and at 114% with feet waifu. He played so tilted afterwards and kept getting two-stocked by my Samus. Worst was the last game where I was at 200+% and did safe offstage edgeguards but for some reason killed himself with Diddy's UpB after. RIP

AND ALSO SAW A FG ZELDA TODAY TOO WUTTTTT. Too bad I 2-stocked Zelderly with feet waifu :^(

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I played a Zelda on FG a few days ago.

They switched from another character and stole my palette so I had to deleTe them.

Palette stealing is a serious offense ok

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

They switched from another character and stole my palette so I had to deleTe them.

it's too bad because Ed, you and I all use the same palette rip

guess you gorls just have to die then :^)

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
it's too bad because Ed, you and I all use the same palette rip

guess you gorls just have to die then :^)
But you gorls are OG Reds! I can deal with that, lol.

But when someone dittos me and steals my color out of spite...
:evil::evil::evil:

There was another red Zelda in FG too, and after the first match, we both switched to our secondary palette. Guess we had the same idea. I've actually SD'd before due to character confusion, as silly as that sounds.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I've actually SD'd before due to character confusion, as silly as that sounds.
It doesn't sound silly, it happens.
But when you're playing an OlimAR DITTO AND YOU'RE BOTH USING THE SAME PALETTE IT BECOMES A GAME OF WHO GETS CONFUSED FIRST BLEH
rsz_uxsbmal.png

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Kobe's ****ing godlike. Even if the dude's old, he can still score a **** ton of points if he wants to. lol

I've been kind of out of touch with this season of NBA though but I did hear (it's one of the few things I know) GSW have been ultra dominant and that Stephen Curry is basically a 2K character in real life
The Warriors only lost 9 games in an 82 game season.

Let that sink in.

The Warriors only lost 9 games in an 82 game season.

Let that sink in.

**** man. I'm so happy for the warriors~

They deserve to win the playoffs. I would be legit surprised if they didn't win (well, unless the spurs were the ones who knocked 'em out but iirc, i think they have a losing record against GSW this season)

Out of curiosity, I checked Stephen Curry's stats and....
godlike.png

45.4% from the 3 point line? What the hell????? This guy can run for one of the (or possibly is the) greatest 3 point shooters of all time

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
EODM07 EODM07 what double post, sis?

:dr^_^:

oh my god, I love my new avatar. I'm suprised it even existed, but I'm glad it does. I'll probably pull out my editing software and add some color to it.

It does look super cool... For who it is.

:secretkpop:

Good thing I use Irish Zelders, then. Nobody uses Greenda because the elegance and sass that radiates from da dress is too much for many sistahs to handle.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
[QUOTE="Lil Puddin, post: 21102090, member: 231270"
It does look super cool... For who it is.

:secretkpop:
[/QUOTE]
get cut if you want to gorl. I have a samurai sword, ya know>

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Ok this MU might be in Greninja's favor but no way it's a +2 lol

Ggs!
Definitely. Greninja's mobility, kill confirms, kill throw, and overall slipperiness make it hard for Game & Watch but it's not unwinnable.

Lag spiked at times but overall wasn't too bad. We should play again sometime!

Also as much as I think Umbra Clock Tower should be legal it's not a good stage online. Pretty sure the lag picks up every time it's chosen.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Definitely. Greninja's mobility, kill confirms, kill throw, and overall slipperiness make it hard for Game & Watch but it's not unwinnable.

Lag spiked at times but overall wasn't too bad. We should play again sometime!

Also as much as I think Umbra Clock Tower should be legal it's not a good stage online. Pretty sure the lag picks up every time it's chosen.
I was having a little trouble spacing myself because of the slight input and sometimes it felt like the game wasn't registering my Hydro Pump angles but yeah it went a lot smoother than I expected

G&W is so light tho, if Greninja has rage then 100% is as far as G&W can go before Up-Throw starts killing.

But dem disjoints tho. Not only that but G&W's animations make it really hard to see his attacks coming.

Does Dash Attack have invincibility in it? I noticed you went through a charged shuriken with it once.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I was having a little trouble spacing myself because of the slight input and sometimes it felt like the game wasn't registering my Hydro Pump angles but yeah it went a lot smoother than I expected

G&W is so light tho, if Greninja has rage then 100% is as far as G&W can go before Up-Throw starts killing.

But dem disjoints tho. Not only that but G&W's animations make it really hard to see his attacks coming.

Does Dash Attack have invincibility in it? I noticed you went through a charged shuriken with it once.
Yeah his weight is what kills him (literally but you know what I mean). His attacks seem to be just slightly too weak for how easy he is to kill. Near the end a lot of your kills were from UThrow.

People say his animations make him a little unpredictable but I don't see it. Probably because I've used him since Melee, heh.

No, dash attack doesn't have invincibility. I think I know the instance you're referring to, though, and I think I was close enough where I hit Greninja as the shuriken was being released and it just barely missed me.

I was amused when USmash somehow tanked your DTilt once. Normally if you hit him low during the charge it's interrupted but not that time.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Yeah his weight is what kills him (literally but you know what I mean). His attacks seem to be just slightly too weak for how easy he is to kill. Near the end a lot of your kills were from UThrow.

People say his animations make him a little unpredictable but I don't see it. Probably because I've used him since Melee, heh.

No, dash attack doesn't have invincibility. I think I know the instance you're referring to, though, and I think I was close enough where I hit Greninja as the shuriken was being released and it just barely missed me.

I was amused when USmash somehow tanked your DTilt once. Normally if you hit him low during the charge it's interrupted but not that time.
I was surprised with the D-Tilt thing too, that caught me offguard.

I thought it was funny how when you shielded a full shuriken you would roll and get hit with Shadow Sneak, and once you caught on you ended up being dash grabbed at a high percent instead. Up-B to escape was something I didn't think of, though it seemed that if I'm fast enough I can still grab you.

That Dash Attack though, I think half of the time you hit me it was with DA.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I was surprised with the D-Tilt thing too, that caught me offguard.

I thought it was funny how when you shielded a full shuriken you would roll and get hit with Shadow Sneak, and once you caught on you ended up being dash grabbed at a high percent instead. Up-B to escape was something I didn't think of, though it seemed that if I'm fast enough I can still grab you.

That Dash Attack though, I think half of the time you hit me it was with DA.
Whether or not you were able to grab me was probably dependent on how close you were but yeah. I thought Water Shuriken was one of the best projectiles when the game first came out and I still think it's wonderfully versatile. If he could shield during the charge it would be insane oh hi Bayonetta

About his disjoints, they're big and in a lot of cases reach a large area. Greninja's FAir seems to outrange all of them though so I have to be wary of it.

I was surprised at how Shadow Sneak helped you break out of some low percent throw combos though occasionally you'd still get hit. It's a really nice option for Greninja. Also got to give you props on your recovery. It seems to be very solid and hard to gimp or even intercept.

I probably use dash attack too much but it's almost a do-it-all move. It's quick at frame 6, moves him forward a little, lingers, does decent damage, and can hit people on the ledge (and sometimes when they're snapping to it). It doesn't kill well usually but sometimes it works near the ledge.

I find Greninja very fun to watch and kind of wish he meshed with me a bit better.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Whether or not you were able to grab me was probably dependent on how close you were but yeah. I thought Water Shuriken was one of the best projectiles when the game first came out and I still think it's wonderfully versatile. If he could shield during the charge it would be insane oh hi Bayonetta

About his disjoints, they're big and in a lot of cases reach a large area. Greninja's FAir seems to outrange all of them though so I have to be wary of it.

I was surprised at how Shadow Sneak helped you break out of some low percent throw combos though occasionally you'd still get hit. It's a really nice option for Greninja. Also got to give you props on your recovery. It seems to be very solid and hard to gimp or even intercept.

I probably use dash attack too much but it's almost a do-it-all move. It's quick at frame 6, moves him forward a little, lingers, does decent damage, and can hit people on the ledge (and sometimes when they're snapping to it). It doesn't kill well usually but sometimes it works near the ledge.

I find Greninja very fun to watch and kind of wish he meshed with me a bit better.
Greninja's F-Air manages to outrange your aerials I think mostly because G&W keeps his hand stretched out significantly while Greninja doesn't really stretch his hurtbox all that much during the animation.

Shadow Sneak seemed to do a good job for getting out of your throw combos and I even managed to punish your jab on hit with it once. Though it doesn't work against his Up-Throw so you can still get a guaranteed Up-B out of it though it's less than the reward you'd get with D-Throw usually.

Thanks regards to recovery though, Greninja's is very versatile so I'm always trying to mix it up although sometimes I screw up the pump angles or sometimes Shadow Sneak when I didn't want to.

The main concerning thing for this MU for me was all your disjoints, Up-Smash and also D-Air. G&W is pretty tricky to juggle because of the risk of being hit with D-Air.

G&W's recovery is really good too, although even if I couldn't really gimp you, I could tell Hydro Pump was messing you up somewhat when you got hit by it

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Greninja's F-Air manages to outrange your aerials I think mostly because G&W keeps his hand stretched out significantly while Greninja doesn't really stretch his hurtbox all that much during the animation.

Shadow Sneak seemed to do a good job for getting out of your throw combos and I even managed to punish your jab on hit with it once. Though it doesn't work against his Up-Throw so you can still get a guaranteed Up-B out of it though it's less than the reward you'd get with D-Throw usually.

Thanks regards to recovery though, Greninja's is very versatile so I'm always trying to mix it up although sometimes I screw up the pump angles or sometimes Shadow Sneak when I didn't want to.

The main concerning thing for this MU for me was all your disjoints, Up-Smash and also D-Air. G&W is pretty tricky to juggle because of the risk of being hit with D-Air.

G&W's recovery is really good too, although even if I couldn't really gimp you, I could tell Hydro Pump was messing you up somewhat when you got hit by it
Yeah, as much as Game & Watch's attacks are disjointed he does extend his hurtbox a little on some moves. FSmash is notable, it even has a slight invisible disjoint at the end but you have to space it right against a Bob-Omb so you don't get hit by the explosion.

Hydro Pump isn't usually terrible to get hit with because he doesn't go into freefall but he still doesn't want to be above the opponent for long. DAir is great for when the opponent over commits but is easily punishable if used too much (you hit me out of it with FAir and USmash multiple times). I gave you a taste of your own medicine once using DTilt to disrupt you when you tried to Hydro Pump on to the stage.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
On another note the tournament that's going to happen on May 15th here in Brazil is gonna be giving TP HD + Wolf Link amiibo as a 1st place prize

Goddamn this one I really have to win.

Top Bottom