• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Also, I just learned that SHFF UAir can true combo into Dash USmash. I think it works from 24% - 50% with Lucina. :yeahboi:

Although I bet Marth can do that too. :V
I might test Wario again to see if I can at least be more viable with him. But for now, I'll stick with labbing Lucina more; and maybe Wolf if he gets announced as one of the winners of the ballot.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Then later I played a Wario on FG and I don't know why Wario has so much range. Why don't more people play him.
Because if Rosalinas catch heat for being defensive, then optimal Warios will be lynched.

Also, I just learned that SHFF UAir can true combo into Dash USmash. I think it works from 24% - 50% with Lucina. :yeahboi:

Although I bet Marth can do that too. :V
Marth's combos into tipper usmash at the same percent it starts killing.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
inb4 Mewtwo gets nothing... again.
TBH, he feels very balanced but COULD be a tad shorter. They should also increase his weight. But I don't think they touch the character's stats, just their moves. :T

He is a great glass cannon archtype, but dies as quickly as da Jiggs. He should survive for a little less than Zelda. So, like, critical hit at 80%-90%=death. NOT 60%-70%. I have survived up to 206% (199% against lolhightierz) as Zelda, but Mewtwo dies to a vicious sneeze after 103%. lolwat xcus me wut do u meen sack o rye? Even Campalina and EZMode lasts longer.

Those were really fun games FullMoon FullMoon Greninja is so hard to catch and it's almost impossible to get out of those aerial combos I feel like. Shiny Greninja was your downfall mwahahahaha

Then later I played a Wario on FG and I don't know why Wario has so much range. Why don't more people play him.
Wario is very good, but as expected, his perks are his downfalls. He hyper extends his hitboxes/hurtbox, making him easy to hit. However his general air movement makes him hard to chase down for most of the cast. Airgame4days, punish on ground ez. He could kite the crap outta slower characters in a way that makes punishing him very hard.

I think he is not as prevalent as other characters, despite being good, because his design is kind of... Oooo gorl, u naasasty. Funny. But very uncool. Which is ironic because he is the guy who rides a motorcycle and has somewhat badarse attire. Even if he's a little fartpot, short and stout... Which is also a perk because that means he has a smaller hurtbox.

But for now, I'll stick with labbing Lucina more; and maybe Wolf if he gets announced as one of the winners of the ballot.
We probably will get Wolf because ballot+Brawl. Adding him in would also be easy since he already exists in another Smash game. Lazy ez $$$.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
TBH, he feels very balanced but COULD be a tad shorter. They should also increase his weight. But I don't think they touch the character's stats, just their moves. :T

He is a great glass cannon archtype, but dies as quickly as da Jiggs. He should survive for a little less than Zelda. So, like, critical hit at 80%-90%=death. NOT 60%-70%. I have survived up to 206% (199% against lolhightierz) as Zelda, but Mewtwo dies to a vicious sneeze after 103%. lolwat xcus me wut do u meen sack o rye? Even Campalina and EZMode lasts longer.
Sadly I don't think they'll change his weight, as much as I would love that. What really hurts him for me is the hitbox issues, back hit of U-Tilt and B-Air being the most glaring.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I missed a lot of posts on this page

Today's lesson is that if I don't use the default palette for Greninja I lose.
Going off-palette is a death sentence.

That's why I just use every palette at random on Rosalina so I can never go off-palette in the first place!

AND THEN the same happens to Fsmash, Usmash, and Naryu's Love. Significantly weak and aplenty multihits are nothing but giant drawbacks that makes it easier to clash and win against Zelda.
All three of those attacks are transcendent and don't clank. Which is particularly good for fsmash and Nayru's, as transcendent disjoint means the only things they're directly losing to are larger disjoints, and is mostly irrelevant for usmash as aerials wouldn't clank it either way.

[Wario] hyper extends his hitboxes/hurtbox, making him easy to hit.
Wario's ftilt, fsmash, utilt, and usmash all have limb intangibility, and dtilt has disjoint past his hand. He's practically a sword character with less end lag (and less range, but eh.)

Re: Mewtwo, he needs something but idk what. Weight is the canned answer that'll never happen but would be terrific regardless. I think maybe buffing his damage on dtilt or buffing his followups would make him feel more like the cannon he's supposed to be. Bair's so slow too, it's like Charizard's bair without the reward.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Oh yeah, about Mewtwo that I forgot, increase U-Smash's initial hitbox back to what it was. I have no idea why they decided to change that move.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Those were really fun games FullMoon FullMoon Greninja is so hard to catch and it's almost impossible to get out of those aerial combos I feel like. Shiny Greninja was your downfall mwahahahaha
Greninja is really the kind of character that can get in your head and if you let that happen then he'll just wreck you. The angle a lot of his moves send people on (like D-Throw, F-Throw, D-Tilt, N-Air, even Hydro Pump at times) plus the fact that he has really good KO power for a character so speedy can leave people really afraid of him when they're put in a disadvantageous situation, at which point you end up doing something like airdodging because you're nervous and end up being smacked with Shadow Sneak, F-Smash or Up-Smash depending on the situation.

I've pretty much gotten airdodge baiting with Greninja down to an art and Brazil's best player even told me that I'm really good at it. Sometimes I mess up and mispace things but that typically doesn't end too badly for me.

I feel like Greninja is one of the most rewarding characters to develop because once you start nailing your fundamentals you really can dish out the pain with him because everything combos into everything.

But none of that matters because he's been trash since the 1.0.4 patch anyway

though I myself would argue that he's better now than he was pre-patch.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Because if Rosalinas catch heat for being defensive, then optimal Warios will be lynched.

Still more interesting than a campy Rosa.

Probably because it's not as well known, but still, seeing Wario do it is more impressive. Sure Wario's a pretty good character, probably underrated, but he definitely has to put in work for his run away style to work. Rosalina will get hit, press A, and Luma will convert the situation into ez damage and positioning smh.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Still more interesting than a campy Rosa.

Probably because it's not as well known, but still, seeing Wario do it is more impressive. Sure Wario's a pretty good character, probably underrated, but he definitely has to put in work for his run away style to work. Rosalina will get hit, press A, and Luma will convert the situation into ez damage and positioning smh.
How Rosa mains see every matchup:

:secretkpop:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I actually forgot that there was a pink :4myfriends: and a green :rosalina: palette swaps

And why does the sm4sh Dark Pit emote make him have the greasiest hair in the world smh :4darkpit:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
December 15th is the day where Cloud the bed-hair swordsman joins the battle. Although we really give no f***s about him, another cloud of uncertainty arises tomorrow.

Adding a new character in the game will most likely lead to changes in gameplay. A balance patch, as people call it. However, it has come to attention that one character seems to be quite brutally treated in the smash community. This character has been called “cheap”, “broken”, and needs “zero skill”. We all know who I’m talking about.

Zero Suit Samus has been the talk of the whole community for ages, and the most requested character to get nerfed. But why? This character has never received many significant changes since the first release of the Wii U version of Smash 4, and yet… NOW people want to suddenly start pouring salt around? Zamus has done nothing wrong, and still hasn’t done anything to merit all the heat she’s been receiving.

How can people think a character with a grab coming out at frame 16 to be a broken character? This limits her OoS options, which were further hampered by the new shield stun mechanics. This makes it almost impossible for Zero Suit to leave her shield and succumb to the pressure of high tier characters like Link and Lucas, who have ridiculous and broken projectile options. Her paralyzer, like her grab, also suffers immense ending lag, more than a second of cooldown. For someone who is supposed to be very fast, agile and slim like the perfect body she has, why does she lag so much? The fact that she is so punishable after using one of her few best options she has is completely unfair and should be properly addressed in the next balance patch.

“But she has amazing throw follow-ups!” people cry. But look, if you can’t even get the grab in the first place, how will you ever do those combos? Zamus will be too busy being stuck in shield eating bombs, or getting dash grabbed that covers half a screen away from the likes of Craptain Falcon. Not to mention Zero Suit Samus has a non-existent neutral game. This argument is simply quite poor.

Finally, her kill options are weak, inconsistent, and frankly, punishable if missed. People drop out of her Fsmash. Her UpB never connects properly whenever you need it. And when you finally get that Dsmash, it seems like getting the DownB is only down to luck to make sure it connects. Remember when Nairo missed his Dsmash followup, which costed him the entire game AND the set against ZeRo? How is a character that can’t even finish her food properly considered OP? Did I mention that her recovery is very susceptible to stupid jank like get-up attack stage spikes and balloons in TC and SV messing up her DownB? Zero Suit Samus is a broken character, yes. But broken in that none of her s*** works, and is overall a fundamentally flawed character.

“All ZSS players are bad.”- FoCus 2015

These are the words of a Sheik player who uses an unfair character that completely bodies poor Zero Suit Samus players. The MU is so disgusting I would suggest that the ESRB change the Smash 4 rating to M for Mature when a ZSS vs Sheik match happens for domination without consent. This character gets no results, and the players with such good taste in waifu and main her unfortunately struggle and are considered “bad” to the top tier hoggers because ZSS is so poor.

We want a fair game. But to get a fair game, we need to treat every situation fairly. But the community is frankly not making this happen. We need your help.

Tonight, we must gather together with the BUFF•ZSS tag, and show the world that this trash tier character needs the buffs she deserves to be a contender. By using this tag, you show that you have supreme taste in waifus and that you have converted to loving this girl with natural beauty and a perfect body. Your support will be blessed by the waifu gods from high above. I’m sure of it. Let’s make a difference together.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

three steps ahead
I thought projectile deflection from perfect shield was just cosmetic, guess it's more like Upperdash Arm, holy crap
Re: Mewtwo, he needs something but idk what. Weight is the canned answer that'll never happen but would be terrific regardless. I think maybe buffing his damage on dtilt or buffing his followups would make him feel more like the cannon he's supposed to be. Bair's so slow too, it's like Charizard's bair without the reward.
I actually like Mewtwo's BAir though I agree it's a little slow. I don't know if I like the comparison to Charizard's BAir either. It's not nearly as powerful but has more range overall as a wide arc (and it's probably close in range horizontally too). And while it's unfortunate that the hitbox doesn't hit as low as it looks like it should, it's still massive, and the hitbox by his head has helped me numerous times. It also low jump autocancels. BAir is actually my go-to gimping aerial thanks to its large size and good knockback. It's tied with FAir for my favorite Mewtwo aerial (FAir would beat it buts its short range and seemingly capricious hitbox piss me off sometimes).

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Tonight, we must gather together with the BUFF•ZSS tag, and show the world that this trash tier character needs the buffs she deserves to be a contender. By using this tag, you show that you have supreme taste in waifus and that you have converted to loving this girl with natural beauty and a perfect body. Your support will be blessed by the waifu gods from high above. I’m sure of it. Let’s make a difference together.
No thanks.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
December 15th is the day where Cloud the bed-hair swordsman joins the battle. Although we really give no f***s about him, another cloud of uncertainty arises tomorrow.

Adding a new character in the game will most likely lead to changes in gameplay. A balance patch, as people call it. However, it has come to attention that one character seems to be quite brutally treated in the smash community. This character has been called “cheap”, “broken”, and needs “zero skill”. We all know who I’m talking about.

Zero Suit Samus has been the talk of the whole community for ages, and the most requested character to get nerfed. But why? This character has never received many significant changes since the first release of the Wii U version of Smash 4, and yet… NOW people want to suddenly start pouring salt around? Zamus has done nothing wrong, and still hasn’t done anything to merit all the heat she’s been receiving.

How can people think a character with a grab coming out at frame 16 to be a broken character? This limits her OoS options, which were further hampered by the new shield stun mechanics. This makes it almost impossible for Zero Suit to leave her shield and succumb to the pressure of high tier characters like Link and Lucas, who have ridiculous and broken projectile options. Her paralyzer, like her grab, also suffers immense ending lag, more than a second of cooldown. For someone who is supposed to be very fast, agile and slim like the perfect body she has, why does she lag so much? The fact that she is so punishable after using one of her few best options she has is completely unfair and should be properly addressed in the next balance patch.

“But she has amazing throw follow-ups!” people cry. But look, if you can’t even get the grab in the first place, how will you ever do those combos? Zamus will be too busy being stuck in shield eating bombs, or getting dash grabbed that covers half a screen away from the likes of Craptain Falcon. Not to mention Zero Suit Samus has a non-existent neutral game. This argument is simply quite poor.

Finally, her kill options are weak, inconsistent, and frankly, punishable if missed. People drop out of her Fsmash. Her UpB never connects properly whenever you need it. And when you finally get that Dsmash, it seems like getting the DownB is only down to luck to make sure it connects. Remember when Nairo missed his Dsmash followup, which costed him the entire game AND the set against ZeRo? How is a character that can’t even finish her food properly considered OP? Did I mention that her recovery is very susceptible to stupid jank like get-up attack stage spikes and balloons in TC and SV messing up her DownB? Zero Suit Samus is a broken character, yes. But broken in that none of her s*** works, and is overall a fundamentally flawed character.

These are the words of a Sheik player who uses an unfair character that completely bodies poor Zero Suit Samus players. The MU is so disgusting I would suggest that the ESRB change the Smash 4 rating to M for Mature when a ZSS vs Sheik match happens for domination without consent. This character gets no results, and the players with such good taste in waifu and main her unfortunately struggle and are considered “bad” to the top tier hoggers because ZSS is so poor.

We want a fair game. But to get a fair game, we need to treat every situation fairly. But the community is frankly not making this happen. We need your help.

Last edited:

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
I was with you until the supreme taste part :4zelda:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

blue hair excuse me gif.gif

How much planning did this take you?

Also anyone wana play?

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Also why are people so persistent on removing Dins Fire free fall? Sure it sucks and doesn't make sense, but that's Zelda entire moveset. Dins Fire not having a free fall is the last buff she needs. The move is garbage with or without free fall.
It rarely happens, but it sucks when you accidentally mess up the input and use DF instead of FW so you go into free-fall and die, and then basically lose the match.

It's not a priority for me, but it would be nice if it got fixed.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 , that signature... that ZSS face...
see this is why there is so much injustice in the smash world

samus did nothing wrong she was just born to be perfect in beauty

this is simply showing how the result of getting bodied by sheik's fthrow -> uair combo and showing that this character needs your help

and yet all you people see are lewd -1/10 i'm so hurt

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
see this is why there is so much injustice in the smash world

samus did nothing wrong she was just born to be perfect in beauty

this is simply showing how the result of getting bodied by sheik's fthrow -> uair combo and showing that this character needs your help

and yet all you people see are lewd -1/10 i'm so hurt
But Falco, though. Sexy without trying. Meanwhile, Samus has to stop wearing her Power Suit. :p

Rizen

Smash Legend

Just pointing out that in this post you used "ridiculous and broken" to describe Link, who is at best lower mid-tier, and "overall a fundamentally flawed character" to describe ZSS who is widely accepted as the 2nd best character. As a Link main it is my duty to tell you "get good son".

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Just pointing out that in this post you used "ridiculous and broken" to describe Link, who is at best lower mid-tier, and "overall a fundamentally flawed character" to describe ZSS who is widely accepted as the 2nd best character. As a Link main it is my duty to tell you "get good son".
seriously praying to the lord rn that you're being sarcastic

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Last edited:
Top Bottom