• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

@ Ffamran Ffamran

You missed these posts?
TFW your main is :4zelda:. TFW she's your best character by a long shot.

TFW your secondaries are:4falco::4ganondorf::4wiifit::4morton:. And really, Falco is the only one that at best is mid tier. TFW mid-low-bottom tier warrior. :///

But am learning Zero Skill Spamus and Seaweetena smh me I should be ashamed.
ZSS is fun though. Them d-smash follow ups and paralyzer shenanigans.

I also might pick up Falco

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ Ffamran Ffamran

You missed these posts?
I missed yours, but I didn't miss SBphiloz4's. Hell, there are a lot of Falco players who don't show up in the Falco boards and there are people who play as Zelda and others who don't show up in their boards. I think a user at the SSB4 Social thread liked Zelda, but I don't know if he cares enough to show up here. I mean, I don't think he's competitive and he probably has to deal with school a lot considering his age.

The guys over at the Falco boards are pretty much all competitive or serious - I just entered because I wanted to know more about Falco and how to use him effectively. It's probably the same case with every other character board and that might scare people off. Considering that there are distasteful people out there who treat casuals like crap and vice versa, it might be daunting for them to even consider saying anything like, "Hello, I like playing as Link and I want to learn", and fearing this "**** U, NOOB! GO PLAY ON FOR FUN, STUPID KID!!! OHEIIHEOHFOIIL!"

It's sad since the Falco boards are full of chill people. Today, a Marth main gave input on a topic about using Fire Bird for combat and he has Falco as a secondary when he fights MU's stacked against Marth or he's unfamiliar with them.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
HEY, @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght , listen up, I SAID LISTEN: I want your family, 10 millions dollars - USD dollars, boyo -, a snazzy 2015 Porsche 911, and a can opener - listen to me, boy -, a CAN OPENER made of diamonds. You better be writing this down somewhere so help me GOD I WILL WRECK YOU! Do you understand me?! I. WILL. WRECK. YOU. If you ever, EVER, want to get away without an infraction, YOU WILL DELIVER. IS. THAT. UNDERSTOOD. Eh, chico? Is not nice here. You don' get to live free like de birds, chico.
all I got is one euro, a box of kittens and a whole lot of Salt

Seriously though, why a can opener... And why his family?
So many good responses to this, but I'll stick with two:
1. the family is obvious of course, he needs to give them 25$
2. I forgot the can opener was the perfect counter to R.O.B

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
all I got is one euro, a box of kittens and a whole lot of Salt

So many good responses to this, but I'll stick with two:
1. the family is obvious of course, he needs to give them 25$
2. I forgot the can opener was the perfect counter to R.O.B
Hey, plans don't always go as planned, especially evil plans. I mean, just look at Bowser, Dr. Eggman/Robotnik, and Ganondorf's evil plans. :p

Oh, that makes sense... Wait a minute. Can openers are super effective against ROB?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I just use default controls because I never bothered changing it when I was younger and my muscle memory refuses to adapt.

Jump on a trigger and Y for grab would've been a great idea but it's beyond my learning capabilities by now.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just use default controls because I never bothered changing it when I was younger and my muscle memory refuses to adapt.

Jump on a trigger and Y for grab would've been a great idea but it's beyond my learning capabilities by now.
I didn't like the 3DS's default scheme so I changed it to this:

Tap Jump: Off
A: Grab
B: Jump
X: Attack
Y: Special
L: Shield
R: Jump; it's useful if I used it, but I don't know why you can't "erase" one of the Jumps.

The control scheme - mostly where Jump, Attack, and Special are placed - is based on Devil May Cry's controls starting from DMC2. If and when I get the Wii U version and if I end up using the Classic Pro controller, then I'm probably going to keep the setup and modify/add certain things. Otherwise, I might use the GCN controller if it's ever in stock.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697

Anything but the default controls just seems like devil magic to me. My soul rebukes it.

I'm fine with default controls

It's my circle pad that's ****ing up though. Randomly inputting left for whatever reason

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

It's my circle pad that's ****ing up though. Randomly inputting left for whatever reason
I've noticed some random turnarounds on 3DS myself. It's really infrequent and doesn't seem like my circle pad is doing anything unexpected in any other situations, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
You are to some extent :p Surely you don't consider that just casual play.
The funny thing is in real life I only usually play my friends who are not too good in free-for-alls with items on. I don't know how my play style ended up like this xD

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

You know you can recalibrate your 3DS circle pad right? I fell across it in some 3DS settings and it super saved my crazy malfunctioning circle pad.

Seriously though mine was messed up for a while. It would like, over input causing my char to move farther than desired, and it would also "lock up" and wouldn't register running or smash attack inputs, or heck, it would even misdirect my attacks too. It be better nao tho.

Last edited:
You know you can recalibrate your 3DS circle pad right? I fell across it in some 3DS settings and it super saved my crazy malfunctioning circle pad.

Seriously though mine was messed up for a while. It would like, over input causing my char to move farther than desired, and it would also "lock up" and wouldn't register running or smash attack inputs, or heck, it would even misdirect my attacks too. It be better nao tho.
Oh man. I overlooked this. Thanks again

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
GUYS! I HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom