• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Spirst

I wished Yoshi was real... Hey! I've got an idea, I do! So, in open-world games, you can unlock a lof stuff, yeah? Well, in many cases, you can unlock fun stuff. What if Yoshi was unlockable as an alternative to Epona in Zelda Wii U? He'd be huge in comparison to regular Yoshi, but it'd be awesome, no, glorious, I tell you! Glorious!

Or we can have a Yoshi horse.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Omg why is it that NO ELEVATOR ever works in Xenoblade?! F*** this malfunctional city!!

I've been interested in vertebrate paleontology (dinosaur paleontology in particular) for most of my life so I do love where this conversation has gone. Supposedly, the 'raptors' (Dromaeosauridae) had a coat of proto-feathers which of course isn't expressed in the toys.

That said, I'm a sucker for anything dinosaur-related so I'd get them if I saw them.
Yeah, though tbh Jurassic Park is less about prehistoric accuracy and more about cool creature design, which I actually 100% advocate.

This isn't actually directed at you, but it's something a lot of people do, you know? Like, they complain a lot about the JP and JW dinosaurs not having feathers. And it's super annoying and silly!

First off, it was discovered well after JP was released that dinosaurs probably had feathers, and by then the super emblematic dinosaurs that actually friggin marked a whole generation had already been designed. Jurassic Park literally changed the way people viewed dinosaurs forever, yes, but it's also a commercial franchise, so it would be a terrible idea to change the dinosaur design drastically. They tried to be paleonthologically accurate on JP3 with the mildly feathery raptors but honestly they still look the same hahaha.

Also, they're genetically engineered. They can't look like what we think real dinosaurs looked like >: (

Sorry I quoted you for this :'D

Spirst

Omg why is it that NO ELEVATOR ever works in Xenoblade?! F*** this malfunctional city!!

Yeah, though tbh Jurassic Park is less about prehistoric accuracy and more about cool creature design, which I actually 100% advocate.

This isn't actually directed at you, but it's something a lot of people do, you know? Like, they complain a lot about the JP and JW dinosaurs not having feathers. And it's super annoying and silly!

First off, it was discovered well after JP was released that dinosaurs probably had feathers, and by then the super emblematic dinosaurs that actually friggin marked a whole generation had already been designed. Jurassic Park literally changed the way people viewed dinosaurs forever, yes, but it's also a commercial franchise, so it would be a terrible idea to change the dinosaur design drastically. They tried to be paleonthologically accurate on JP3 with the mildly feathery raptors but honestly they still look the same hahaha.

Also, they're genetically engineered. They can't look like what we think real dinosaurs looked like >: (

Sorry I quoted you for this :'D
Oh, yeah, I'm well-aware of all that. I personally don't care too much; just spreading the information some users here might not know. Jurassic Park is one of my favorite childhood movies so I have nothing against it. There's a size inaccuracy in the first movie with the Velociraptors. Typically, Velociraptors were quite small and maybe about 2 ft tall at most. However, in JP, we saw that's not the case. The Velociraptors in the movie are mistakingly based on the Utahraptor instead which was more around that size. Fun fact.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
OMG YOU GUYS!!!!

FAIR EMBLEMMM HYYYYPPPUUUU!!

I'm SO stoked for the new FE, it looks dope, I was a big fan of Awakening (I like all FE games but Awakening was my first)

My biggest hope is that they add same sex romance options but they probably won't so I'll have to settle for the obvious homosexual subtext in some supports
I'm super late, but I always have that guilty hope that I'm sure we won't get for a while..

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Gee, sure is quiet around here...

Did I miss the memo about some practice run of what this place will look like in a couple years?

Huh? Weird. I'm not getting any alerts from this thread. Like, it only popped up when BJN posted but I wasn't notified about Fireemblemfreak posting...

You guys planning on getting the KO % for farore's wind on all characters?

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Huh? Weird. I'm not getting any alerts from this thread. Like, it only popped up when BJN posted but I wasn't notified about Fireemblemfreak posting...

I think most of the info is in the Data thread (which I would post if I could access it because Parental Controls has blocked only the Zelda Sub-forum for me in Uni for some bizarre reason LOL)

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I am planning on finishing the list found in the fairy fountain, atm it's only got for glory-viable percents, (lol, aka no DI.) and I'm working on the correct/good 2nd hit DI percents.

Fun fact about the percent list: since the percents are taken from the 3DS version, you can actually bring it down a couple few percent if using the WiiU version because of the apparent smaller blastzone distances. :p

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^Aren't you supposed to just wiggle the stick aggressively to escape anyways? Or is it different in SSB4.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
One of the Zero suits mains that was out collecting bounties when you zelda raided us (missing all the sassy fun T.T).

Since I have been a disciple of wisdom from melee I wish to pay tribute and offer up a ZSS's soul and salty tears for the princess(s) of wisdom pleasure (s)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OgkrBjLrkzM

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
I'm super late, but I always have that guilty hope that I'm sure we won't get for a while..
Yeah, it's at the top of my list in terms of things I want in a FE game but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. Japan isn't quite there yet and it's understandable that Nintendo might not want to do deal with the controversy because it's still a controversial issue, even in America (it shouldn't be). But at the same time I wish they had the guts to do it, after the whole Tomodachi Life thing they said they'd try and be more inclusive and IS clearly has no problem with it because there's always subtext in so many games (Kjelle/Severa, Virion/Libra, Chrom/Frederick, Raven/Lucius, Heather, the Hubba tester etc). But Ninty isn't Bioware so if won't happen anytime soon at least we have tumblr

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
tumblr is like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory; some of the stuff it makes is sweet, but ultimately it's bad for you anyway and you don't want to deal with anyone that works there.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
A possible theory that Smash is actually the tragic story of Sakurai himself.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I think that after as well as awakening did we won't have to wait forever for the game to arrive in places that aren't Japan (I remember when people used to joke new FE games wouldn't even arrive in the US), but it still could be the full year of just waiting for it to arrive in our region. Now, from the Japanese Nintendo direct, they get the game this summer according to the announcement and apparently Nintendo is reviving the FE trading card game in Japan as well. I love digging for facts over speculating (calling you out @ micstar615 micstar615 ), but Serenes Forest makes it too easy. Even if they speculate too much.
Source

And as per usual I can't wait to hear more of the music from the game.

A possible theory that Smash is actually the tragic story of Sakurai himself.
I can't stand game theory

...In other news, the numbers for Apex have been counted...

RIP brawl, won't need this gif anymore

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Goddamit, I hate the "I run > roll back until you do something" strategy in Roll Glory. It's a stupid as it is efficient because of the small obvious lag as it's online.

Coupled with "I only grab + follow ups", it's just an unfun nightmare.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So, for this tourney on the 31st, should I go Sonic and actually try to win? Or should I go Zelda and sass all of the strangers?

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
So, for this tourney on the 31st, should I go Sonic and actually try to win? Or should I go Zelda and sass all of the strangers?
That Zelda sass is awfully tempting. It's up to you, though, sis.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Depends on the viability of "spam Farore's" at the tournament in question.:smirk:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Don't sell out to the top tiers ;-;
But if ya gotta win go for it

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Depends on the viability of "spam Farore's" at the tournament in question.:smirk:
From what I can tell, it's a wide range of skill. If I'm playing a total scrub then I'll definitely go Zelda
Implies that Zelda's sass isn't an insta-win. For shame.
Obviously it's a moral victory!
That Zelda sass is awfully tempting. It's up to you, though, sis.
I think I'll at least use her until I'm in the loser's bracket.

Top Bottom