• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
^Aren't you supposed to just wiggle the stick aggressively to escape anyways? Or is it different in SSB4.
Every input counts towards getting out if stuff...at least I think so? I'm pretty sure it was like that in Brawl, but I don't have any hard data evidence. I'm assuming it's the same in 4.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Man, I just heard on the news that ALL 133 target stores in Canada are closing due to them not doing well there.

I know there are a few here who live in Canada, so I feel sorry for any of you who liked Target. :(

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Man, I just heard on the news that ALL 133 target stores in Canada are closing due to them not doing well there.

I know there are a few here who live in Canada, so I feel sorry for any of you who liked Target. :(
There are like 2 Targets in my province and they never let me pre order a Rosalina amiibo so good riddance :happysheep:
Target here was never like the US Target, it's not as good

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I never felt there was anything particularly special about the targets in the US, but that just might be partially because I'm not much of a shopper... :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I love Target honestly. They have random deals like 50% off Wii U consoles which I took full advantage of.

Office got broken into today, so I got these instead: (@Phenomiracle)

Honestly extremely sweet and heavy. I got the small sized since they're easier to share. I haven't had a cavity in years but my teeth hurt after eating some:

Obviously ras malai is my favourite so I had to get some.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
How the hell is all the targets closing? There literally is a mall near my friends house where i go to get my fix (Sm4sh no wii u and gave my 3ds to a little kid on a whim) ,And they are advertising "Target Coming soon" for like 2 months now.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I'm cheap so I go to WalMart, LOL. But the employees at Target are a lot nicer. A lot moar cleaner, too. THEY ALSO HAVE A STARBUCKS.

Aleate--- YUM that looks deli.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

Really? There's one 5 minutes away and they seem to be doing well.

micstar615

Smash Ace
I love Target honestly. They have random deals like 50% off Wii U consoles which I took full advantage of.

Office got broken into today, so I got these instead: (@Phenomiracle)

Honestly extremely sweet and heavy. I got the small sized since they're easier to share. I haven't had a cavity in years but my teeth hurt after eating some:

Omg those are so good!

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
on the topic of retailers game stop has proven to themselves to be greedy little ******** to me multiple times. As it seems at any time they have available stock for gamecube adapters for Wii u, they are only willing to sell it bundle with a third of a dozen gamecube controllers. I ALREADY own 4 controllers on what planet to a need 4 more? I'm certainly not go to Mars anytime soon and they certainly are not selling those units with out shipping other products with them... disgusting

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
How the hell is all the targets closing? There literally is a mall near my friends house where i go to get my fix (Sm4sh no wii u and gave my 3ds to a little kid on a whim) ,And they are advertising "Target Coming soon" for like 2 months now.
I know right? There's a "Target Coming Soon" happening near me for... the past year or so and noting's happened yet. I'm kind of bummed out.

And apparently Target's lost 1.2 b from this coming over to Canada venture.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Doing 9.0 classic with more characters. Lucario seems really bad at this.

(warning: cell phone quality)

Worst high score out of the characters I've completed with by about 120k (230k worse than my Zelda score, for reference)

I'm cheap so I go to WalMart, LOL. But the employees at Target are a lot nicer. A lot moar cleaner, too. THEY ALSO HAVE A STARBUCKS.
Our local Target replaced its cafe with a Starbucks last year.

It's one block away from the Starbucks we already have. :/

I'm not sure what I'm looking at but a google search on the subject makes me think I'd like it.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Goddamit, I hate the "I run > roll back until you do something" strategy in Roll Glory. It's a stupid as it is efficient because of the small obvious lag as it's online.

Coupled with "I only grab + follow ups", it's just an unfun nightmare.
the benefits of Peach. "Your run roll back got nothin on my yolo Dair" i think the worst part is you know they are bad but lag plus little character quirks make what should be such a simple punish sometimes a chore. like this Toonie i fought who had the camping down but could do anything else and then lag wants to eat my OoS Float Fairs not letting me punish the rolls

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
There's a Target about 20 mins away from me that's closing, and I don't live in Canada. I heard they were closing because of bad business, too.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't live in Canada, but I live by a regular Target, a Super Target, a regular Walmart, and two Hy-Vee's that are probably 10 to 20 minutes away from each other. What is a Super Target/Walmart? It's basically a supermarket version of a Target/Walmart meaning you can buy groceries there...

I would never buy groceries at Walmart. For some reason, every time I go to Walmart, I start feeling sad and disturbed about how nasty the place is. Well, I can't wait for a Super Best Buy and Super GameStop. Buy a refrigerator and food at the same time or get ripped off on food and games. :p

The employees at my GameStop are cool, but the business practices of GameStop are horrible at times. Hey, at least I live by a used, vintage, and old game and films store. You can buy NES, Gameboy, and PSOne games there! It's not really worth it unless it's a rare game and you really want to play it. Final Fantasy VII for like $40 to $100? No thanks, I'll get it on Steam or PSN for around $14.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Target Canada just wasn't sustainable. The dollar here is pretty miserable, and considering that many goods that have to be shipped here from America to sell, the price increase is substantial. They couldn't compete compared to the likes of Walmart and other places here.

Combine with the fact that having Target in Canada decreases some consumers' incentives to not go to America to get their goods decreases the overall profit due to this compromise. I honestly never understood Target's decision to move up north, as I just found it to be completely illogical. After seeing my local Target up for a year, it's hilarious that's it's already closing.

Compromise kills. Just like what happened to Zelda in this game.

... Everything seems to lead to Zelda in the end, huh?

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Target Canada just wasn't sustainable. The dollar here is pretty miserable, and considering that many goods that have to be shipped here from America to sell, the price increase is substantial. They couldn't compete compared to the likes of Walmart and other places here.

Combine with the fact that having Target in Canada decreases some consumers' incentives to not go to America to get their goods decreases the overall profit due to this compromise. I honestly never understood Target's decision to move up north, as I just found it to be completely illogical. After seeing my local Target up for a year, it's hilarious that's it's already closing.

Compromise kills. Just like what happened to Zelda in this game.

... Everything seems to lead to Zelda in the end, huh?
"All roads lead to Zelda."

Sucks to hear about Target closing in Canada. One of the better retail stores, IMO.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Oh, yeah, I'm well-aware of all that. I personally don't care too much; just spreading the information some users here might not know. Jurassic Park is one of my favorite childhood movies so I have nothing against it. There's a size inaccuracy in the first movie with the Velociraptors. Typically, Velociraptors were quite small and maybe about 2 ft tall at most. However, in JP, we saw that's not the case. The Velociraptors in the movie are mistakingly based on the Utahraptor instead which was more around that size. Fun fact.
Hahahaha yeah, actually JP is full of mistakes. Like, it's got a ridic amount of continuity errors, like SUDDENLY CLIFF during the T-rex scene, and so on~

Still my favorite movie ever tho!

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Oh, yeah, I'm well-aware of all that. I personally don't care too much; just spreading the information some users here might not know. Jurassic Park is one of my favorite childhood movies so I have nothing against it. There's a size inaccuracy in the first movie with the Velociraptors. Typically, Velociraptors were quite small and maybe about 2 ft tall at most. However, in JP, we saw that's not the case. The Velociraptors in the movie are mistakingly based on the Utahraptor instead which was more around that size. Fun fact.
I'd say they were a bit closer in size to Achillobator giganticus.

Wanna know a really fun fact? The novel raptors are supposed to be based on Deinonychus antirrhopus, but Michael Crichton used American paleontologist Gregory S. Paul's book Predatory Dinosaurs of the World, which labeled Deinonychus as "Velociraptor antirrhopus." as a source. So basically, the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park are supposed to represent Deinonychus, though I believe they're still too large.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
So I met my first true roller on FG today.
I officially hate :4samus:
I never realized how strong rolls are until today.
I guess I had it coming to me since I did make the guy kind of salty in the previous matches.
But holy ****, how does one find enjoyment in just rolling? He wasn't even attacking, he was just rolling for 5 minutes while I was trying to chase him.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I guess I had it coming to me since I did make the guy kind of salty in the previous matches.
But holy ****, how does one find enjoyment in just rolling? He wasn't even attacking, he was just rolling for 5 minutes while I was trying to chase him.
That sounds like the worst.
5 minutes though? Jeez
I would've taken the loss and quit
But I guess you can say...
He was on a roll:cool:
I'll make my way back to the Link social

Spirst

I'd say they were a bit closer in size to Achillobator giganticus.

Wanna know a really fun fact? The novel raptors are supposed to be based on Deinonychus antirrhopus, but Michael Crichton used American paleontologist Gregory S. Paul's book Predatory Dinosaurs of the World, which labeled Deinonychus as "Velociraptor antirrhopus." So basically, the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park are supposed to represent Deinonychus, though I believe they're still too large.
That's interesting. I looked around just now and found that if that was true, there's a location error as well. It can't have been Deinonychus antirrhopus considering the specimens were taken from Mongolia which is outside of the range of Deinonychus. That animal roamed North America solely. Here, take a look at this:

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Velociraptor_(novel_canon)

Achillobator giganticus makes sense for the novel though for the movie, with a visible size reference, it's a bit too big considering the movie Velociraptors were about 10-13 ft length/6 ft height and the Achillobator was about 16 ft-20 ft and from here, not even the height of a man (though wtf is that man's size). On second thought, they're too small to be Uttahraptor either. The Jurassic Park Velociraptors seem a bit more like weird hybrids/make-believe rather than based on any Dromaeosaurid.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Today was (bad) :4samus: day.

Charge > Roll > Repeat until it's fully charged > roll to one edge > Missile as a "decoy" > shoot > go back to step one.

If ineffective Dash attack > Roll Back > Repeat.

If ineffective Roll to the left > Down Smash > Roll to the right > Down Smash > Repeat.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Interestingly, rolls aren't actually looking any better in this game than previous games from the limited data I've seen so far.
Samus also has the flaw of having a really slow roll, though morph ball makes her hurtbox annoyingly small if you're wanting to punish with something other than a dsmash/tilt, and her attacks have surprisingly quick startup so you have to be on point with the punish (lag makes it obnoxious).
In general, don't overcommit to attacks against roll-happy opponents. I like empty shorthops to bait the rolls, and without committing to an attack I can punish accordingly. Keep in mind also that the second half (roughly) of rolls isn't intangible and that if your opponent rolls to the ledge they're backing themselves into a corner and limiting their movement options.

That said, every Samus I've fought in 2000 games, aside from one, has just been roll roll roll and it sure as hell isn't fun to fight, even if they never win.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Interestingly, rolls aren't actually looking any better in this game than previous games from the limited data I've seen so far.
Samus also has the flaw of having a really slow roll, though morph ball makes her hurtbox annoyingly small if you're wanting to punish with something other than a dsmash/tilt, and her attacks have surprisingly quick startup so you have to be on point with the punish (lag makes it obnoxious).
In general, don't overcommit to attacks against roll-happy opponents. I like empty shorthops to bait the rolls, and without committing to an attack I can punish accordingly. Keep in mind also that the second half (roughly) of rolls isn't intangible and that if your opponent rolls to the ledge they're backing themselves into a corner and limiting their movement options.

That said, every Samus I've fought in 2000 games, aside from one, has just been roll roll roll and it sure as hell isn't fun to fight, even if they never win.
I'm pretty sure that Samus have good gimping options, between her meteor smash and her Fair.

But no. Samus will just wait for an opportunity to shoot her charge shot against a reflector.

Top Bottom