• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Eh, idk. I'm not actually any good at this game, I just play whoever. Brawler feels good to play, Palu does not. tbh Palu is my second least favorite character to play. Peach, Palu, WFT.

I do think 1111brawler is bottom 2 in non customs but whatever. He's just fun to play.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Eh, idk. I'm not actually any good at this game, I just play whoever. Brawler feels good to play, Palu does not. tbh Palu is my second least favorite character to play. Peach, Palu, WFT.

I do think 1111brawler is bottom 2 in non customs but whatever. He's just fun to play.
APEX Brawler is Pichu
Tiny 1111 Brawler is Extreme Pichu

Soul.

This is what I feel about Mii Brawler:

Mii Brawlers are gimmicks (especially small size ones). They are only perceived as top tier because muh small size + good air speed + the existence of Helicopter Kick does something, when a). You shouldn't be on the ledge. b). Mii Brawler has no reliable kill moves after ~60% and is basically garb. c). The air speed, while good, makes them wonky as hell; aka you need to be precise with your moves. How good is their neutral is beyond me, though I believe it has to do with grabs and NAir most of the time.

They only win if you do mistakes. If you don't, they're screwed. Their design is basically "let's make this character one that can mess the **** out of you if you suck" but that applies to other characters too, so that's a bit illogical.

I'm not so sure about medium-sized ones, though. The better weight makes them live longer, but they lose on air speed (is it decent?).

Heavy Mii Brawler is a huge no.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
This is what I feel about Mii Brawler:

Mii Brawlers are gimmicks (especially small size ones). They are only perceived as top tier because muh small size + good air speed + the existence of Helicopter Kick does something, when a). You shouldn't be on the ledge. b). Mii Brawler has no reliable kill moves after ~60% and is basically garb. c). The air speed, while good, makes them wonky as hell; aka you need to be precise with your moves. How good is their neutral is beyond me, though I believe it has to do with grabs and NAir most of the time.

They only win if you do mistakes. If you don't, they're screwed. Their design is basically "let's make this character one that can mess the **** out of you if you suck" but that applies to other characters too, so that's a bit illogical.

I'm not so sure about medium-sized ones, though. The better weight makes them live longer, but they lose on air speed (is it decent?).

Heavy Mii Brawler is a huge no.
not short miis are always chosen for better range not weight/damage/ect. as those are negligable

Soul.

not short miis are always chosen for better range not weight/damage/ect. as those are negligable
oh lol. i thought it had to do with the weight; my bad.
Air speed is probably the reason why small Mii Brawler is the most common [for now].

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I dislike tiny brawler, have no opinion on bkf, and love mini gunner because of fair momemtum shenanigans. Other than that I stick to medium size

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm too lazy to make Tiny Miis so I just stick to the defaults :v

How do games like this exist?

Like, really. Lol

Warning: Some strong language

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and waiting for my Shulk & Zelda Amiibos to come through the post. And playing Mother/EarthBound Zero/EarthBound Beginnings. Just getting to Magicant, need to find the phone and ATM in that area. :yeahboi:

And I'll be printing out some of my modules for University, to see what I have to do.

Edit: Just bought a Gold Ring in Magicant. Now Ninten is tanky with 61 Defense and 46 Offense. : D

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Palutena functions because her 3 attacks do the things you need them to do. Which makes it OK that the rest of her moveset is iffy without customs that really just let you "pick your Palutena" style so everyone doesn't look like a 3 move ho. :v

Zelda has mostly bad moves but because of this we use them more since 75% of our moveset us bad outside of killing. The only area Zelda is SS class in lol.

I feel all more restricted in Vanilla Palutena than I do as Zelda, as Zelda I just feel like a bad character :secretkpop:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Palutena functions because her 3 attacks do the things you need them to do. Which makes it OK that the rest of her moveset is iffy without customs that really just let you "pick your Palutena" style so everyone doesn't look like a 3 move ho. :v

Zelda has mostly bad moves but because of this we use them more since 75% of our moveset us bad outside of killing. The only area Zelda is SS class in lol.

I feel all more restricted in Vanilla Palutena than I do as Zelda, as Zelda I just feel like a bad character :secretkpop:
P much this.
Our moves are bad and our stats are generally trash but at least we have variety!

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
On a serious matter, Zelda really doesn't have that many bad moves. The only ones I consider bad are her customs, her grab, and her ftilt.
Well looking at her moves in a vacuum/on their own, I agree, after the multihit fixes and damage buffs to some normals.
But a complete moveset like hers along with her terrible ground mobility form a somewhat incohesive unit.

Also Din's is garbage and Phantom could still use some improvements.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
IMO Most of Zelda's moves are mediocre but not complete trash. Dair, Farow's and Dtilt are good and her grab game is good overall.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
On a serious matter, Zelda really doesn't have that many bad moves. The only ones I consider bad are her customs, her grab, and her ftilt.
they wouldn't be bad if Zelda had a move or two that were solid and made up for them like Palutena, or the High Tier Zelda Rosalind, Hell Jigglypuff survives off movement alone.

Zelda has too many high risk/medium reward moves in a game where most characters only require 2 moves and basic knowledge to start to get by.

deadzobe aside Ftilt is ok. It lauches people at 80mph. Who else can do that off of a backhand? :secretkpop:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Ftilt needs some slighT end lag reduction.

Pls replace Din's with this. Elthunder???

Imagine Link's Ftilt was a reflector, too.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Ftilt needs some slighT end lag reduction.

Pls replace Din's with this. Elthunder???

Imagine Link's Ftilt was a reflector, too.
plz Nerf Link grab range no more boofs!!

sorry @ Rizen Rizen lol.

Dins just needs a speed and control tweak. Then it would be ok lol. If I wanted high tier Zelda I would just main Rosalind lol

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So...am I weird if I actually miss a lot of Zelda's moves when I play other characters? Sometimes I think "oh if I had chosen Zelda instead of X character the match would already be over" or something, lol.

I honestly don't see her as a bad character anymore. Now that her moves have been fixed, she feels pretty good to me. Of course, this is coming from the person who thinks she's borderline mid, but w/e.

I played some Brawl Zelda today, and she feels so bad to me now. It's like when they buffed her, they just increased the damage and knockback on everything without paying attention to how they flow together. Idk she just seems complete to me now.

Plz don't burn me at the stake

EDIT: Idk what other buffs to ask for (that actually have a chance of happening). At this point, her moveset/design is holding her back (despite it "flowing" better) IMO.

EDIT 2: Okay maybe not borderline Mid but I DO think she's got a spot higher up in Low tier.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
So...am I weird if I actually miss a lot of Zelda's moves when I play other characters? Sometimes I think "oh if I had chosen Zelda instead of X character the match would already be over" or something, lol.

I honestly don't see her as a bad character anymore. Now that her moves have been fixed, she feels pretty good to me. Of course, this is coming from the person who thinks she's borderline mid, but w/e.

I played some Brawl Zelda today, and she feels so bad to me now. It's like when they buffed her, they just increased the damage and knockback on everything without paying attention to how they flow together. Idk she just seems complete to me now.

You join @ Macchiato Macchiato in the foolishly optimistic tier. :secretkpop:
I agree that Brawl Zelda is the worst at this point. Sm4sh Zelda just wants her Usmash. Or not?; iirc it kills a LOT later than our current one.

Unrelated, but I like how secretkpop is always the very first emote to load.

Last edited:

Darktundra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jokton

EDIT: Idk what other buffs to ask for (that actually have a chance of happening). At this point, her moveset/design is holding her back (despite it "flowing" better) IMO.

EDIT 2: Okay maybe not borderline Mid but I DO think she's got a spot higher up in Low tier.
Up tilt
11 active frames
7.2%
15->12 frames of endlag
Down tilt 7 active frames
4.5%->5.5%
14 frames of endlag
1.1.2 endlag reduction confirmed

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
deadzobe aside Ftilt is ok. It lauches people at 80mph. Who else can do that off of a backhand? :secretkpop:
I'm amazed that after 4 patches they still haven't fixed that.
But then again, Phantasm still doesn't have a full hitbox and lasers are still bad. :4falco:

I'm amazed that after 4 patches they still haven't fixed that.
But then again, Phantasm still doesn't have a full hitbox and lasers are still bad. :4falco:
They fixed Fox's jab lock but now you can jab >jab into u-smash so whatevs. Lol

I'm surprised that they haven't done anything about Samus

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
They fixed Fox's jab lock but now you can jab >jab into u-smash so whatevs. Lol

I'm surprised that they haven't done anything about Samus
lol Poor Samus. I still can't believe that they made her jab intentionally bad.

I feel like they made Samus intentionally bad

I mean seriously, I'm so astounded by Samus' existence. Then again, I'm not new to this. I've seen a lot of cases of crap balancing in way too many MMO's and fighting games (don't get me started with the Phoenix Wright nerf in UMvC3)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

I mean seriously, I'm so astounded by Samus' existence. Then again, I'm not new to this. I've seen a lot of cases of crap balancing in way too many MMO's and fighting games (don't get me started with the Phoenix Wright nerf in UMvC3)
The Dash Attacks and Missiles was what got me the most.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
OMG they finished the video already? And it's hilarious.

I feel those were all intentional to balance out CS because obviously she's broken otherwise.

Afro Smash said:
Oh if only this were everything wrong with her, there's so much more...

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Hm? They nerfed Phoenix Wright in UMvC3?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
The Dash Attacks and Missiles was what got me the most.
A lot of them are fairly standard weaknesses for attacks in this game, just more extreme than most. It's just dumb that she has semi-realistic hitboxes (outside of animations starting before them) while other characters have inane disjoints. (Meanwhile, Pocketed Super Missiles kill her around 120%)

I still think Samus is better than most people give her credit for. Still low tier but scary in the right hands. She has a strong keep-out game and a pretty good advantaged state. But get her in disadvantage and she sucks. Plus her physics don't really do her any favors.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

playing as characters without power like Peach and DH I do miss Zelda at those times and a few others, but that may be more that I know my matchups better as Zelda than some of my other characters lol.

I still think she's bottom of the barrel, she's got power and that's it. She still has too many weaknesses that most characters can exploit in one way or another and without momentum ol gurl gets bodied hard :secretkpop:

I still think brawl Zelda is better, she's just in an engine that doesn't support her like smash 4 supports this Zelda. Imagine if we could dtilt>utilt everyone at 90% in a game with no DI. Or dsmash Deleted people again like Wii Fits dsmash does now. Smash 4 Zelda holds up and appears better now but there are still way more things I'd like from brawl Zelda. I'd even give up Elevator for a positive brawl Zelda patch in lol.

A lot of them are fairly standard weaknesses for attacks in this game, just more extreme than most. It's just dumb that she has semi-realistic hitboxes (outside of animations starting before them) while other characters have inane disjoints. (Meanwhile, Pocketed Super Missiles kill her around 120%)

I still think Samus is better than most people give her credit for. Still low tier but scary in the right hands. She has a strong keep-out game and a pretty good advantaged state. But get her in disadvantage and she sucks. Plus her physics don't really do her any favors.
sounds like Zelda problems :secretkpop:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Yes, let's space with a frame 16 move that has a 50 frames of commitment, at minimum frame 42? (31 minimum charge and 11 release) with 67? frames of commitment, and a frame 12 move with 40 frames of commitment... Yes, Zelda's spacing is phenomenal... She could use dash attack and Nayru's Love too, I guess... Her jab should be faster, especially when you consider how stupid Roy's jab can be at times - thanks, developers, for giving Roy a disjointed frame 5 jab that lets him act at frame 23 while Zelda acts at frame 24. Ganondorf's jab should be stronger too since Zelda's does a consistent 8% now if it fully connects while Ganondorf's does 10% sweet-spotted, 7% sour-spotted, and 4% if you really screw it up. Oh, and Ganondorf can't act until frame 35 which is 5 frames earlier than his Ftilt and 1 frame earlier than his Dtilt, but gives less reward than his Ftilt and Dtilt... You can see why Ganondorf players don't use his jab as much. Seriously, it's not that difficult to stick out your hand. Zelda's jab should be frame 8 at the most and Ganondorf could be frame 6 and it wouldn't be a problem. At least it would help with their close combat game and not getting screwed over because your fastest attack is frame 8 - Ganondorf - or your fastest attack is a frame 5 Dtilt - Zelda -, so you can only hit grounded or opponents below you.

... I just realized that Falco can't act until the same frame as Roy can with his jab 1... Thanks a lot, developers! We have a frame 2 jab 1 that we can't act until frame 23 if we choose to not do jab 2. Meanwhile, Fox, Sheik, Luigi, and Triple with their jab and pick another option freely! No wonder Falco gets screwed over by anyone with a frame 3 Nair if he so much as attempts to do anything with his jab other rapid jab! Oh wait, you can punish his jab 2 to rapid jab transition as well. :glare:
Hmph, didn't have to make it sound rude.....

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. I've gotten past Duncan's Factory and arrived at the Train Station.

I wonder where should I go... Reindeer, Spookane or Snowman? What do you girls think? :yeahboi:

Also, for some reason. My module I'm on doesn't have print outs of the lessons I'm taking, that ain't right.

Top Bottom