• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Our strategy is to pick Duck Hunt with the Mega Gunman and then have a projectile war

Or Just Pick Villager

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Yo chill Abadango lol.
... have we found a strategy yet?
Din's Fire.

No seriously, this move works against this since Zelda can just stand back away from the Balloons and hit them when they have no ledge invincibility.

EDIT: I think a full charge Phantom can work too. Two really bad moves...counter a whole custom strategy. I find this hilarious because it's Zelda for crying out loud.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Din's Fire.

No seriously, this move works against this since Zelda can just stand back away from the Balloons and hit them when they have no ledge invincibility.
finally a matchup zelda can win

EDIT: also one of dins fire's very few uses. at least its good for something!

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Well if we want to approach custom villager we gotta ledge cancel ;_;
We can Just Put a phantom to guard against the Lloyd and then spam Din's Fire

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
omg I've always pondered the notion of Din's Fire/Flare Vs. Campy Villager Supreme. Just never had the chance to fight the basterd.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Nayrus can also reflect mostly everything he does from the ledge. Zelda can hypothetically stall out a customs villager to time.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Let's ban that stupid move
Ban all good Specials, default and customs included. You like Little Mac? Have fun playing with Straight Lunge, Guard Breaker, Rising Smash, and Slip Counter. Your recovery's worse with Guard Breaker, projectiles are even more annoying since Guard Breaker doesn't travel far, you can't combo reliably with Rising Smash since it's not Rising Uppercut, and you get no other benefits from Slip Counter now that you can't use Compact or Dash Counter. Stunning Straight Lunge might be worse if it can't kill... Now imagine Zelda even worse... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :demon:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
i wasnt talking about it being broken or whatever

its boring, campy playstyles are boring, and customs definitely encourage playing villager playing a campy playstyle

sure, being campy is possible without customs but its less common
Campy matches are only not as common in defaults because people don't use Pac-Man/Duck Hunt that much. Also Rosalina though she's used more.

People have had months to prepare themselves for campy Villager which is a very linear strategy, if they're getting beaten by them it's their fault and not a problem of the custom metagame.

Also that Villager strategy has never won a tournament from what I know, so it's not even dominating.

It's frustrating to play against and boring to watch, yeah, but if we were to ban stuff just because of that we would have to ban a few characters.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Campy matches are only not as common in defaults because people don't use Pac-Man/Duck Hunt that much. Also Rosalina though she's used more.

People have had months to prepare themselves for campy Villager which is a very linear strategy, if they're getting beaten by them it's their fault and not a problem of the custom metagame.

Also that Villager strategy has never won a tournament from what I know, so it's not even dominating.

It's frustrating to play against and boring to watch, yeah, but if we were to ban stuff just because of that we would have to ban a few characters.
okay

its still boring, that was my whole point, i wasnt saying "ban this."

duck hunt and stuff exists of course, but as ive said, its not as common

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I don't even know what happened. I'm more confused than the Sheik/Fox match where Sheik did Vanish and Fox would've lived if he teched but didn't and fell faster than Sheik and WHAT EVEN

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Ay since I'm a derp is there any :4jigglypuff: players in the pools?

I know there's Dabuz :rosalina: , Nairo? :4darkpit:, and ESAM for :4pikachu: soo....

I got my notepad ready

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I've played against that custom Villager before and really, if they camp you try to get a damage lead and force them to come after you. It's boring but who cares.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Dabuz is in losers, Nairo made it out of pools, and Hbox was already eliminated, so there went the only jiggly we've seen.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Is there any other :4darkpit::4jigglypuff::4pikachu::rosalina: reps?

*crosses fingers*
:4darkpit:: Not that I know of

:4jigglypuff:: See above

:4pikachu::...There was someone else but i forget their name. They lost i think though.

:rosalina:: There's been a few Rosa's but most have been eliminated. I know Falln is still kicking around.

Soul.

So many upsets today, it makes me want to laugh.... nah, eh... EVO is tough, man.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558

:4pikachu::...There was someone else but i forget their name. They lost i think though.

:rosalina:: There's been a few Rosa's but most have been eliminated. I know Falln is still kicking around.
Quite informative.:dazwa:

<3

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
@ Koiba Koiba from what I can tell Rosalinas aren't allowed on stream

So ditch your notebook and just watch the matches

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

:4darkpit:: :(

:4jigglypuff:: ;_______________________;

:4pikachu:: At least ESAM still there :D

*Then finds out he got eliminated by some jank custom move*

:rosalina:: :D

*look above*

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Rosalina not being allowed on stream is the stupidest thing.

EDIT: 6wx got destroyed. Booo, diddy should always lose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom