• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
...Or we could simply play the game as it was balanced without customs to avoid all the Brawl-esk planking and BS.
I've said it once, i'll say it again:

"Everyone should be unallowed to use customs, with the exception of :4zelda:"

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Customs allow people to be more flexible in their play style to give it as much flavor as they want.
I don't like Links gimmicky boomerang. Well if you want you can have a normal boomerang that hits from side to side.

I like Shulks Monado arts, but it could use more flavor, well with customs you can have Power Monado with the sacrifice of you can only use it 3 times. Its your choice.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Is Greninja's crawl any good? I noticed aMSa crawling in neutral. I've seen some other players do this too, but I don't get why.
I dunno, I guess making Greninja's hurtbox smaller can't be a bad idea, considering aMSa relies on D-Tilt a lot too I can see why he would crawl around a bit.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Sorry gorls ;o; I lost after pools u .u Evo doesn't know how to seat brackets cause I literally had to play one of our best players my first match :|

On the bright side I won 50 dollars in Money Matches and hard earned respect Kappa

Last edited:

Soul.

EVO's over for now. I feel bad for the "oh so many" upsets today lol.
ESAM got out of pools though, so that's something. Though I should take out my optimism.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Balance in Smash bros is not a thing.

AND WHO MADE YOUR SIG? ITS AMAZING!
Ohhh that's right. I forgot. Silly me. haha and neither is fun only Super Serious Bros! :D

And my sig? Oh it was made by some UnCool,nerd-queer butt,goes by the name @ MOI-ARI MOI-ARI Nevermind her/him, such a grumpypants ;3

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
I Dont know
Custom Lucas with Ness's PK Fire and Ness PK Thunder is kinda broken
Heh

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Customs are fun until everyone starts complaining and saying "jank" because they don't know how to deal with certain ones
Well time to follow somebody.
Ohhh that's right. I forgot. Silly me. haha and neither is fun only Super Serious Bros! :D

And my sig? Oh it was made by some UnCool,nerd-queer butt,goes by the name @ MOI-ARI MOI-ARI Nevermind her/him, such a grumpypants ;3
What I'm saying is, Sakurai got rid of Links jab lock, but Mario and fox can keep there's. It ain't fair.
Also I am going to make my signature like that only blue with my mains.

MOI-ARI's sig is probably the best one on this site.
Not 4 long.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Giving Lucas's Ness PK Fire would be so ridiculous because it would go straight ahead even in the air unlike how Ness throws it diagonally. Wavebouncing with it would be super broken.

It's kinda funny to think about it.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Just came back from another anime convention, so I missed all of the EVO stream ; w ;

Congrats to @ |ven| |ven| for your stellar performance with Zelda~. Also happy that our region got some pretty solid performances from our players ourselves! EVO HYPEEEE

At the anime convention, there was a really chill Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 tournament with only 16 entrants. Now, this was my 3rd time EVER playing the game, but I know lots of stuff from watching competitive things. I decided to enter the tournament...

AND GOT 2ND FOR SOME STRANGE REASON. TASKMASTER/DORMAMMU/SPENCER TOO STRONG. Lost 3-0 in Grand Finals because X-Factor 3 Wesker is TOO DUMB. But I was also lucky because the bracket was single elimination and the arguably two best players had to face each other first round. I faced noobs all my rounds before Grand Finals lololol

BUT THAT ISN'T IMPORTANT. EVO HYPE PLS

Rizen

Smash Legend
Customs are fun until everyone starts complaining and saying "jank" because they don't know how to deal with certain ones
This whole pro custom sound byte reminds me of planking in Brawl. Gather round and I will tell you a tale:

Plank, the player, discovered he could abuse the ledge invulnerability to have an advantage over the opponent, thus creating "planking". People said this is stupid and the game will revolve around planking and other people accused them of "not being able to deal with it". People could deal with planking but only by putting themselves at a disadvantage any time the opponent ran to a ledge. The competitive meta largely did revolve around planking and other jank because competitive smash is about abusing what works. Planking was so powerful for some characters like MK that the rules were changed to limit ledge grabs, how many times you could pass under the stage and grab the other ledge, as well as banning otherwise good stage CPs like Norfair and Brinstar. The competitive matches ended up very campy and boring with only a handful of characters being viable. Fans were few as not many enjoyed seeing that. It was largely considered a joke among competitive fighting games. Fundamentals were second to powerful exploits like planking, chain grabs, etc. This was a dark time for smash.

Then SSB4 came out with an improved ledge system and balance patches. There was much rejoicing. SSB4 had the most character diversity in competitive play of any smash game despite some characters being obviously better than others. Jank everyone hated like Hoo Haw was patched out. It was glorious.
But all good things must come to an end. People discovered they could put the jank back into SSB4 by legalizing customs. Smash 4 revolved less around fundamentals and more around exploiting customs. Customs also made the game take longer and less balanced. Yet people defended customs by saying "learn to deal with this unnecessary, added jank". The dark clouds had returned to competitive smash.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Sorry gorls ;o; I lost after pools u .u Evo doesn't know how to seat brackets cause I literally had to play one of our best players my first match :|

On the bright side I won 50 dollars in Money Matches and hard earned respect Kappa
It's okay gorl, we're proud of you!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

I don't want customs in Smash and I don't think they're good for the metagame. All I said is they're fun
In friendlies yeah to mess around 'cause lol max speed/attack anything with their most fastest/strongest specials

But why put them in competitive play when default is just fine?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Greninja's B-Air is so good at killing Luma.

I still let myself be juggled too easily by Rosalina though, I get too afraid of Up-Air and spam airdodges only to fall into an Up-Smash smh.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Yeah, mixed feeling for customs. I love the idea it really spices up my low teir secondarys but there some lame **** getting thrown around by other certain characters that water down every aspect of the game. I want to accept customs for my 'Low teirs', but its not worth it. Or it barely is I dunno.

Soul.

I honestly don't care about the customs or no customs debate. I'm indifferent one way or another. Whichever ends up being the norm will result in whining so I don't bother with that.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
This whole pro custom sound byte reminds me of planking in Brawl. Gather round and I will tell you a tale:

Plank, the player, discovered he could abuse the ledge invulnerability to have an advantage over the opponent, thus creating "planking". People said this is stupid and the game will revolve around planking and other people accused them of "not being able to deal with it". People could deal with planking but only by putting themselves at a disadvantage any time the opponent ran to a ledge. The competitive meta largely did revolve around planking and other jank because competitive smash is about abusing what works. Planking was so powerful for some characters like MK that the rules were changed to limit ledge grabs, how many times you could pass under the stage and grab the other ledge, as well as banning otherwise good stage CPs like Norfair and Brinstar. The competitive matches ended up very campy and boring with only a handful of characters being viable. Fans were few as not many enjoyed seeing that. It was largely considered a joke among competitive fighting games. Fundamentals were second to powerful exploits like planking, chain grabs, etc. This was a dark time for smash.

Then SSB4 came out with an improved ledge system and balance patches. There was much rejoicing. SSB4 had the most character diversity in competitive play of any smash game despite some characters being obviously better than others. Jank everyone hated like Hoo Haw was patched out. It was glorious.
But all good things must come to an end. People discovered they could put the jank back into SSB4 by legalizing customs. Smash 4 revolved less around fundamentals and more around exploiting customs. Customs also made the game take longer and less balanced. Yet people defended customs by saying "learn to deal with this unnecessary, added jank". The dark clouds had returned to competitive smash.
I'm sticking with what I said about customs. They are perfectly fine. CUSTOM OVES ARE FINE, CUSTOM ITEMS ARE ****. I barley use them. I only use Hyper Monado and power vision with Shulk.

@ |ven| |ven| Keep pushing man. who is your partner?

I honestly don't care about the customs or no customs debate. I'm indifferent one way or another. Whichever ends up being the norm will result in whining so I don't bother with that.
Join us in a world of conflict!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
The concept of having a customisable move set sounds cool

But we got moves that get abused and chars that don't even get anything useful from them

smh

Last edited:
Top Bottom