• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Guess I have to deal with her causing me yet another excruciatingly painful headache... because I have no pain relievers or effective means of making it hurt less.

When I get over this, she's getting a dodgeball to the face.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I know where you are coming from but I have a ton of faith on the development crew should she make it in
but lets face it King K.Rool will make it in and theres nothing we can do about it.
Worst part is he's going to suck because he's a fatty
I'm not convinced K. Rool is in mainly because Chrom didn't get in and he was the obvious–and frankly popular– choice from Awakening. Same with Ridley, but he's got a few other issues.

I have no attachment to the Kremling, and honestly I want him to get shafted just to spite all his rabid fans. But that's mean after my wait for Mewtwo was fulfilled, AND after I was wrong about Roy returning. He also has the nice position of his series' revival in DKCR.

I also just think he looks stupid.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I like your signature. Must have token a lot of work to capture.
Hey thanks!

It wasn't so bad, I had 3 controllers and I had to have a slight delay on Sonic's taunt, but stretching fingers and timing is no problem for a piano player. I did it a bunch of times and then recorded the match and that made it easier to pause the game at the right time because I had several chances.

I just kind of got lucky to get that background tbh.

I need to fight Tony sometime. 3DS is hard for my Sonic and Zelda, but I can use Ike pretty well, just as long as I don't smash instead of tilt.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm not convinced K. Rool is in mainly because Chrom didn't get in and he was the obvious–and frankly popular– choice from Awakening. Same with Ridley, but he's got a few other issues.

I have no attachment to the Kremling, and honestly I want him to get shafted just to spite all his rabid fans. But that's mean after my wait for Mewtwo was fulfilled, AND after I was wrong about Roy returning. He also has the nice position of his series' revival in DKCR.

I also just think he looks stupid.
Gorl rilly? How dair u!

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I know where you are coming from but I have a ton of faith on the development crew should she make it in
but lets face it King K.Rool will make it in and theres nothing we can do about it.
Worst part is he's going to suck because he's a fatty
I don't even think K. Rool will make it. I'm thinking the ballot is more of a suggestion box where Sakurai is trying to gather up interesting moveset ideas. If he really wants to just declare a character winnar and shut up the muh reps idiots then he'd make Dixie a Diddy clone then make whoever the heck he wants like usual.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I ended up getting "top 12" at the tourney. I was taken out by a Rob and then Blue Cancer. Can I just say that those MUs are terrible? Especially Cancer, omg I don't even think I took a stock. It was that bad.

I don't have the bracket since...well, there wasn't one on Challonge, lol. I asked the TO bedore I left and he just said "top 12" (out of 36 I think). Went Zelda only.

EDIT: This is the "bracket" http://challonge.com/gg30

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I ended up getting "top 12" at the tourney. I was taken out by a Rob and then Blue Cancer. Can I just say that those MUs are terrible? Especially Cancer, omg I don't even think I took a stock. It was that bad.

I don't have the bracket since...well, there wasn't one on Challonge, lol. I asked the TO bedore I left and he just said "top 12" (out of 36 I think). Went Zelda only.
Was he spammy?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Was he spammy?
Sorta. He went Mewtwo game 1, and it was a close match, but I won. He switched to Sonic and played really defensive, only going in for grabs or spindashes. I could've played better and safer.

Tbh I think the character was carrying him. But that might just be the salt talking, lol. Oh, and he taunted after every KO -_-

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think K. Rool would be a neat addition because he would be a heavy with a reliable projectile (his crown). And his recovery would be fairly good because of all of his jumping.

And since I could never beat him in DKC 2 that means he has a 100:0 advantage over Diddy.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yeah, Rosalina is very well designed.

Compare to Sonic, who has an entire repertoire from the two previous fighting games he was in but NOPE SPINS.

/sodium

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Gorl rilly? How dair u!
Reading about him on TVTropes (as I haven't played a DKC game and thus know nothing about his characterization) he seems like an interesting enough character. If he's as limber as the media wiki makes him out to be then, if he gets into Smash, he may be pretty unique in his design since he'll almost certainly be a heavy, so possibly a heavy with good movement (hopefully jumping) abilities.

But here's the thing: he's been grouped in with Ridley and Mewtwo as the most wanted trio for Smash, right? As great and influential as the original DKC was, you can't really claim that it, as a series, is as prominent in Nintendo as Metroid and Pokémon are. lol anti-Rosalina arguments. But it feels weird to me to group him with characters from more well-known series. If he gets in, great!

He still looks dumb.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Like what? Seriously, what? I've beaten the games multiple times and asked plenty of his fans, but I've never seen anything remotely convincing.
He made a move set for Robin and Rosalina. He can use enemies and obstacles in the game to deal damage while being a tank with a terrible jump height.

Soul.

Like, I know he's one of the most wanted characters in Smash, but seriously character speculation melts down my eyes. If he ever gets in, cool, you got your villain. Now ask for more.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
What happened to Fuujin being the OP of this board. Also sweet picture @BJN39 . Does Aerodrome still post?

D

Deleted member

Sorta. He went Mewtwo game 1, and it was a close match, but I won. He switched to Sonic and played really defensive, only going in for grabs or spindashes. I could've played better and safer.

Tbh I think the character was carrying him. But that might just be the salt talking, lol. Oh, and he taunted after every KO -_-
Did you at least sass-stomp him?

smh i can't say ***** stomp

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Reading about him on TVTropes (as I haven't played a DKC game and thus know nothing about his characterization) he seems like an interesting enough character. If he's as limber as the media wiki makes him out to be then, if he gets into Smash, he may be pretty unique in his design since he'll almost certainly be a heavy, so possibly a heavy with good movement (hopefully jumping) abilities.

But here's the thing: he's been grouped in with Ridley and Mewtwo as the most wanted trio for Smash, right? As great and influential as the original DKC was, you can't really claim that it, as a series, is as prominent in Nintendo as Metroid and Pokémon are. lol anti-Rosalina arguments. But it feels weird to me to group him with characters from more well-known series. If he gets in, great!

He still looks dumb.
Donkey Kong is a huge franchise! And K. Rool is more notable than Greninja.

I bet more people know K. Rool than other characters already on the roster.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Did you at least sass-stomp him?

smh i can't say ***** stomp
No....:c
He pretty much had control the whole time. There wasn't a ton of offstage play.

Like 90% of my KOs were from just Elevatoring people who whiff grabs, lol. Some didn't even know the Elevator existed.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
He made a move set for Robin and Rosalina. He can use enemies and obstacles in the game to deal damage while being a tank with a terrible jump height.
Anybody could of made movesets for Rosalina and Robin. Anybody did. The ideas for a puppet Luma and breakable tomes were formed long before Sakurai revealed them. They were so obvious they were the first characters Sakurai pitched.

Using enemies and obstacles... So Pac-Man. Villager, Duck Hunt, and Diddy make obstacles too. We have basically every kind of obstacle already. That's going to, at best, be supplemental to his inclusion. It's not a good enough reason to add him in his own right.

Honestly, probably the biggest reason ironically that Ridley isn't playable is because he'd be a completely generic heavyweight. K. Rool I see the same way.

Donkey Kong is a huge franchise! And K. Rool is more notable than Greninja.

I bet more people know K. Rool than other characters already on the roster.
He's been MIA from the DKC series for the past few years, had roles in various spinoffs after DK64, and was strictly seen at the end of the DKC trilogy. DKC sells well, but I doubt many actually got to the end to have any lasting impression of him. Especially compared to main characters and protagonists of more recent series.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Anybody could of made movesets for Rosalina and Robin. Anybody did. The ideas for a puppet Luma and breakable tomes were formed long before Sakurai revealed them. They were so obvious they were the first characters Sakurai pitched.

Using enemies and obstacles... So Pac-Man. Villager, Duck Hunt, and Diddy make obstacles too. We have basically every kind of obstacle already. That's going to, at best, be supplemental to his inclusion. It's not a good enough reason to add him in his own right.

Honestly, probably the biggest reason ironically that Ridley isn't playable is because he'd be a completely generic heavyweight. K. Rool I see the same way.

He's been MIA from the DKC series for the past few years, had roles in various spinoffs after DK64, and was strictly seen at the end of the DKC trilogy. DKC sells well, but I doubt many actually got to the end to have any lasting impression of him. Especially compared to main characters and protagonists of more recent series.
This is going to turn into a argument so I am going to avoid it. You win, I loose, your right, I'm wrong.

So @Macchiato, I've finally given Lady Gaga's album "Artpop" a listen and there's three songs that stand out to me.
>Mary Jane Holland
>G.U.Y.
>ARTPOP

What are yours? I'm a little curious.

So nothing interesting during my shift happened (No Disney songs :^( ), except for when I was being a shameless flirt.
Scenario:
>9:43 p.m.- I'm exhausted and taking an order.
Me: "Can I get you anything else?"
Person Lady: "A million dollars"
Me: *slight chuckle* "Just take a look in the mirror"
Person Lady: *Laughing really hard*
Me: :secretkpop:
I'm pretty glad she was the only one in the car, because that could've been REALLY bad. Whoops. :secretkpop: Sorrynotsorry

The rest of the shift consisted of me subjecting my musical taste on everybody else who was working. It was great :^) Especially the part where I was singing the entire time.

Speaking of which! Yesterday, there was a person on the bell (where you order) who was listening to "Bad Blood" by the Tay-Swayzy and we sung along.

UPDATE ON THE DANCE: Me and my crew are still bad at it, but it could be worse.......... okay, not much worse but progress is progress!

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

Then who is voting for him? People who don't know him?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Then who is voting for him? People who don't know him?
Polls on "hardcore" websites are rarely accurate. Like the whole 2D Mario outselling 3D when 3D is supposedly more popular. Zelda too, but in reverse.

And again, I don't think the votes mean much of anything to Sakurai's choice.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Polls on "hardcore" websites are rarely accurate. Like the whole 2D Mario outselling 3D when 3D is supposedly more popular. Zelda too, but in reverse.

If everyone said put Freddie kougar on smash, I pretty sure he would not do it.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
He's been MIA from the DKC series for the past few years, had roles in various spinoffs after DK64, and was strictly seen at the end of the DKC trilogy. DKC sells well, but I doubt many actually got to the end to have any lasting impression of him.
that's an odd argument when most of what your fighting is crocodiles. You kinda remember the bigger crocodile by default in that case. I'm not arguing he should be in, this is just a flimsy argument
Especially compared to main characters and protagonists of more recent series.
incredibly unspecific
you mean they are adding rambi to smash?

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

Would you agree that if Sakurai was going to put in 5 more characters into smash K. Rool would almost certainly be one of them?

If Sakurai were only releasing 2 more than I would agree that K. Rool most likely will not make it (whether he should or should not). That is mostly due to the fact that we've only got 1 newcomer from the DLC. Smash players love their veterans but I don't think K. Rool has no chance or has little chance. He's got a good chance and a lot going for him.

I typed more earlier but Smashboards ate my post when it did its maintenance :(

D

Deleted member

No....:c
He pretty much had control the whole time. There wasn't a ton of offstage play.

Like 90% of my KOs were from just Elevatoring people who whiff grabs, lol. Some didn't even know the Elevator existed.
Elevator2gud. I'm stuck with online tournies cause I live in a part of Illinois with no Smash scene .-. I'm glad to hear you're doing well in tournies! ^o^

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ character discussion: I think Sakurai implements whatever whim enters his head regardless of all other factors.

I'm farming customs and headgear. I got the same DK custom I already had 5 times in a row. Too bad there isn't an adventure mode to make farming not be a chore.

Top Bottom