• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm pretty sure I've already made it up in the week I came back from LA since surprise, Thomas didn't switch mains all too many times. Bless his soul. :^)
Aww, you're kinda cute when you are drunk though. Baka. : P
Well, thats good.

Anyway, played some Mario 3. Beat World 2. I'm hoping to beat Super Mario bros 3 since I have never done that before. Playing it normally, I've only gotten to world 7 I believe.

With that said, it is kinda hard to play with slight input lag.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I feel like I should give @ Tilk Tilk the whole link of the yuri that I find. :yeahboi:

Or should I just tease with a pic daily like I always do? :3

Last time I used a Gamecube controller was probably back in 2009/2010 during Brawl's early years. Now it just feels so weird using one now. I got the Smash GameCube controller. I just never use it and just have it up on display. I use the Pro Controller.

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I feel like I should give @ Tilk Tilk the whole link of the yuri that I find. :yeahboi:

Or should I just tease with a pic daily like I always do? :3

Last time I used a Gamecube controller was probably back in 2009/2010 during Brawl's early years. Now it just feels so weird using one now. I got the Smash GameCube controller. I just never use it and just have it up on display. I use the Pro Controller.
Bleh. I feel so unclean... But please do. If anything my room mate would just walk in on that and then she'd probably walk out after looking at it... Expecting that of me... I mean it's not hentai or anything like that.

And yeah.. I use the GC for playing PM, but I still stick to Gamepad for Wii U.

Sometimes, I feel like I play Smash too much. Or Nintendo games in general

It's either Smash 4, Melee, PM, Xenoblade, Mario, or whatever. The only non-Nintendo game I find myself playing is Uncharted, Ultimate Marvel, NBA 2K (don't play it that much though these days), GTA V, and er.... that's about it. Oh, and Amnesia but I usually wuss out on that one

I used to play Last of Us. Good game but it's no where near Uncharted in terms of fun factor. I'm kind of done with Bravely Default. Gonna buy FE:Fates soon but that's also a Nintendo game

ANYWAY.... for some reason, all this talk about drinking reminds me about gambling. Gambling is bad. For the kids in this thread, don't try it :secretkpop: (basically anyone that's not 18 years old or above that, aka a good portion of this thread, I think)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I didn't come here at all yesterday.
Gorls what's up?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

It's either Smash 4, Melee, PM, Xenoblade, Mario, or whatever. The only non-Nintendo game I find myself playing is Uncharted, Ultimate Marvel, NBA 2K (don't play it that much though these days), GTA V, and er.... that's about it. Oh, and Amnesia but I usually wuss out on that one

I used to play Last of Us. Good game but it's no where near Uncharted in terms of fun factor. I'm kind of done with Bravely Default. Gonna buy FE:Fates soon but that's also a Nintendo game

ANYWAY.... for some reason, all this talk about drinking reminds me about gambling. Gambling is bad. For the kids in this thread, don't try it :secretkpop: (basically anyone that's not 18 years old or above that, aka a good portion of this thread, I think)
I've been a Nintendo fan all my life with some other company games here and there. Granted, I am breaching out more lately, but it kinda is hard to be interested in non-nintendo triple a games when 1. Don't have the consoles for them and 2. They try to hard to be realistic, and when they do try to be cartoony, they don't have designs or concepts that interest me.

Also, how does Gambling = Drinking? :p

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

There's nothing really wrong with not playing every game under the sun. For the past probably four months or more I've only really played three different games: Smash, Xenoblade, and Pokemon Shuffle. I've played a little of Pokemon Y and just started EarthBound today, but the time I've put into those games pales by comparison next to the first three.

Just play what you like playing. You can't go wrong.

(unless you like playing Call of Duty in which case ew get away from me)

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I'm considering buying the smash GC only because I own one official and one knockoff and I'd like to have a full set of official controllers to play GameCube games with.

Last time I played CoD was like.... 1 or 2 years ago? Idk, I only played MWII and Black Ops and that's about it. I got bored of CoD really quickly

warionumbah2

Smash Master

You're a Nintendrone mate.

You're a Nintendrone mate.
Nah

I have all the playstation home consoles atm (sans the PS4 but I don't have that much money atm). I've had a PS1, PS2, and a PS3, and the PS2 is my favorite console of all time

Plus, I've been on several rants about Nintendo being dumb and stupid in general and they should do the **** Sony is doing but it feels wrong to bring that up (because of Iwata :() so nvm

I still like Nintendo the most but I'm not really dedicated to one company. I'm more of a PC guy

Last edited:
I like Nintendo games tho. I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games so yeah

Playstation is good in case the 3rd party game refuses to release their games on PC or if they release a half-ass port on PC. It's probably good on the PS if that's the case. Oh, their first party titles are also great but I'm inclined to simply call Sony first-party games, "Naughty Dog" because their games are sort of the only thing that matters to me. Of course, there are other good 1st party Sony games but ND makes the GOAT games.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I play mainly Nintendo but I branch out every now and then. I've actually played a good variety of fighting games (SF Alpha 2, SF IV, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, 9 and X, MvsC 2 and 3, TvsC, SC, etc) and I also tend to play a lot of indie games like Shovel Knight, Mark of the Ninja, Castle Crashers, etc (does Touhou count as indie?).

Which reminds me I need to play the Shantae games.

In general though I don't like my games too realistic.

Nintendo consistently pleases me with their games (it's pretty hard to think of a Nintendo game I actually regretted buying) so obviously I stick with them the most. Some of their choices are very questionable but at the end of the day they still make most of my favorite games so I support them.

I'm pretty close to owning all current gen consoles as well. I obviously have my Wii U but I also have a Xbox One and my dad is considering buying the PS4. He uses the other two more than me but I do join him every now and then to play together with him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Me before watching the video video: Cool, a Greninja taunt kill video - this will be fun to watch. *Fox dies at 564%* ... Wait a minute... *Falco dies at 535%* SAAAAAAAAAAKURAAAAAAAAAI!!!

Edit: Little Mac died at 522%... What the... He and Falco share the same weight and fall speed... Er... hit stun animation causing him to die earlier by way of him "tumbling" closer to the blast zone?

Last edited:
Castle Crashers
<3

I love Castle Crashers. I kind of raged out on Shovel Knight lol but I might play it again some day

My custom title reminds, I'm sort of convinced that b-air is Shulk's best move and it's REALLY REALLY good. Like, wow **** it's good. I also updated my signature GIF. Only people who watched Attack on Titan would appreciate the bad-assery being displayed by the character in the GIF. But yeah, just felt like throwing that out in this thread

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
My custom title reminds, I'm sort of convinced that b-air is Shulk's best move and it's REALLY REALLY good. Like, wow **** it's good. I also updated my signature GIF. Only people who watched Attack on Titan would appreciate the bad-assery being displayed by the character in the GIF. But yeah, just felt like throwing that out in this thread
:GCB:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
<3

I love Castle Crashers. I kind of raged out on Shovel Knight lol but I might play it again some day
I never actually finished Castle Crashers because I only play it with friends. It's a lot of fun in co-op though.

Also Pink Knight best knight.

I almost raged on Shovel Knight myself, Treasure Knight's level really got to me lol.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Bleh. I feel so unclean... But please do. If anything my room mate would just walk in on that and then she'd probably walk out after looking at it... Expecting that of me... I mean it's not hentai or anything like that.

And yeah.. I use the GC for playing PM, but I still stick to Gamepad for Wii U.
Don't worry, all of it is safe. :V

Just go onto Safebooru and just search Yuri. There, you're dose of yuri. :yeahboi:
But I wouldn't suggest going to Danbooru or Gelbooru. Those have quite a bit of NSFW stuff. :V

Last time I played CoD was like.... 1 or 2 years ago? Idk, I only played MWII and Black Ops and that's about it. I got bored of CoD really quickly
I never touched CoD. Last time I did was to throw it out into the skip that my family was using when we were renovating. :3

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm considering buying the smash GC only because I own one official and one knockoff and I'd like to have a full set of official controllers to play GameCube games with.
I reccomend you buy yourself a 3.0mm tri-wing screwdriver if you get the Smash GCC, the shoulder triggers can get sticky after a while

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
B-Air is everyone's best move.

:4bowserjr::4falcon::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4lucas::4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4mewtwo::4miisword::4palutena::4peach::4robinf::4samus::4shulk::4sonic::4villagerf::4wiifit::4zss:

But actually. Why are BAirs so good?

Edit: Grew up on Nintendo. Nintendo + PC did it well enough for me, but I haven't really been gaming a whole lot since before college got hard. And then I didn't pick it up until I got a Wii U to play Pikmin 3 post college and then smash. Still haven't finished Borderlands 2. Haven't been on steam in a year for various reasons.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Remind me to never let my friends borrow any of my stuff again.

My friend just sent me a text message a few minutes ago (it's 11:40PM and I went to bed like 2 hours ago). I was already annoyed but it could have been urgent, so I checked my phone.

"Dude, I accidentally broke your GameCube controller. I'm really sorry man, I'll make it up to you somehow."

It was a genuine controller too, not one of those third party knockoffs you can get on Ebay for $18.

So, I've learned my lesson and I'll make sure I don't let anyone borrow my stuff next time.

I'm still gonna shank him whenever I see him again.
Well I mean the controllers my friend had were special edition platinum ones. And he had 4 of them. A full set.

However, he's pretty much planned never to sell his GameCube, despite the fact that all he ever plays is Xbox One and 360, as well as Smash Wii U whenever we hang out.

Then there's also this doohickey:

http://www.amazon.com/Gamecube-Controller-Platinum/dp/B0002Y5180

It might be repairable depending on what it is

If it's the motherboard, you could simply buy a new controller and replace the motherboard if you want to keep the same color. it shouldn't be difficult, I did it with mine.

I had a platinum controller, but it's broken, and all I did was buy a new gcc, and switch the motherboards, and I can use the platinum one of I want to

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I thought Mewtwo's bair was bad? @Lavani has ranted about how it's essentially useless like 3 times already.

Also, Boost Kick is probably ZSS' best move and Peach's is probably fair or nair or something.

The fact that you said :4falcon::4diddy::4fox::4ganondorf::4lucas::4miisword::4palutena::4robinf::4wiifit:'s bairs are their best moves really confuses me.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
B-Air is everyone's best move.

:4bowserjr::4falcon::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4lucas::4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4mewtwo::4miisword::4palutena::4peach::4robinf::4samus::4shulk::4sonic::4villagerf::4wiifit::4zss:

But actually. Why are BAirs so good?
You forgot :4charizard::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4gaw::4greninja::4kirby::4link::4lucina::4marth::4metaknight::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinf::4feroy::4ryu: and :4tlink:. It doesn't help that there are characters with Bairs faster and less committal than their Fairs like Greninja and Link's being prime examples of quicker and safer aerials for poking and comboing. Some are just stupidly powerful for how fast they are like Falco, Ike, and Meta Knight's.

Some are okay, but there's something that hold them back like Wii Fit Trainer's has a small sweet-spot, Wario's has noticeable landing lag, Lucario's is really slow, but really powerful, and I'm not sure about Yoshi's other than apparently Nair and Fair superseded Bair approaches from Brawl to Smash 4.

RAR Bairs should be a basic skill at this point... Ike players already had that down since Brawl and former Wolf players probably have it down too.

Last edited:
The fact that you said :4falcon::4diddy::4fox::4ganondorf::4lucas::4miisword::4palutena::4robinf::4wiifit:'s bairs are their best moves really confuses me.
Fox's b-air is broken af. Auto-cancels (it's too easy to AC it), comes out fast, can be combo'd into, it's safe on shield, and it kills. Yeah. It's really broken

Swordfighter's b-air deals 14% damage (?) and it comes out really fast too. Also auto-cancels off from SH iirc so yeah. I would have said u-air is better but u-air is only used for KO'ing and throw combos. You're probably not going to use u-air that much in the neutral unless the opponent is above you

Robin's b-air is basically the same case as SF except maybe a bit slower (still fast) and it deals 15% damage

Falcon and Dorf's b-air are ********. I would have said Falcon's best move is u-air but his b-air kills and it even comes out fast so... yeah, no contest

Palutena's b-air can nullify damage or something. I don't know. It's really good tho solely because of that, I guess

Idk about Diddy, Lucas and Wii Fit

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
It's more that their BAirs are really really good.

Wft + deep breathing makes her BAir stronger than Dorf's.

Zard's BAir is bad. Land on stage with it and then shield.

Could say more, but yeah. They're so good.

Edit: Diddy can SH double BAir and combos into itself. It's basically DK BAir Jr.

Lucas BAir spike off ledge trump is a thing.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lucas' bair is bad imo. It comes out on like frame 15 and and the spike is located at a strange spot and is kinda unreliable. His nair is way better imo. He commits pretty hard to his aerials, though. His zair is fantastic too, but idk if that counts.

Palutena's best move is definitely jab (or dthrow). Her bair is really good, but her jab is better imo. Bair is good because it's one of her few kill options, though.

Wii Fit's nair is stupid. It does like 29384% and auto-combos into itself. Her bair is decent but the 22 frames of landing lag are no fun.
Characters that have their bair as their best move is something like :4bowserjr::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4villager: (villager's might be nair idk)

and i guess :4falcon::4fox::4ganondorf::4miisword: because you just enlightened me on then

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Palutena's b-air can nullify damage or something. I don't know. It's really good tho solely because of that, I guess
Palutena's B-air has invincibility frames. It also does good damage and can combo into F-air and Dash Attack.

Still, I think Jab is better. It's waaaaaaay too useful to NOT be her best move, honestly.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I thought Mewtwo's bair was bad? @Lavani has ranted about how it's essentially useless like 3 times already.

Also, Boost Kick is probably ZSS' best move and Peach's is probably fair or nair or something.

Cap for stage spikes.
Diddy for gimps
Fox for... No idea actually...
Ganon for stage spikes and gimps
Lucas for spikes
Swordfighter.. *laughs*
No idea about Palutena
Robin for gimping,
And WFT because it's the only move she has with a decently sized hitbox.

Anyone up for a few matches? I'll be getting a room up.
Count me in!

Last edited:
Shulk's b-air is his best move solely because its range makes it usable for basically any situation. Roll punishing, ledge trapping, edgeguarding, RAR, etc. Even though its start up is F18, you're going to use this move when the opponent literally does anything (sans being idle, or standing still, preparing to react)

Bowser's b-air is insane tho. Landing lag blows but I think it can auto-cancel if you perform it from a SH (Rising SH b-air)
Palutena's B-air has invincibility frames. It also does good damage and can combo into F-air and Dash Attack.

Still, I think Jab is better. It's waaaaaaay too useful to NOT be her best move, honestly.
Oh yeah, her jab is really good. Almost forgot about that somehow >.< tyty
A lot of things

Anyway, good night gorls

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Cap for stage spikes.
Diddy for gimps
Ganon for stage spikes and gimps
Lucas for spikes
Swordfighter.. *laughs*
No idea about Palutena
Robin for gimping,
And WFT because it's the only move she has with a decently sized hitbox.

Count me in!
Got the room up.

Also, wouldn't Zelda's BAir be considered good too? Since it can be a good kill move. Its strange that she has some of the best aerial attacks, but yet everyone says she's bad. :c

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fox's b-air is broken af. Auto-cancels (it's too easy to AC it), comes out fast, can be combo'd into, it's safe on shield, and it kills. Yeah. It's really broken
A frame 9-11, so 3 active frames, move that pushes shields, does 14%, has 20 base knockback, 88 knockback growth, has 15 frames of landing lag, and auto-cancels before frame 9 or after frame 15. Fox can't act until frame 49, but why should you wait? Just fast-fall and do something else like another Bair.

Fox's Bair is essentially a 1 frame slower ZSS Bair without a sour-spot and less range since well, dem legs. :p

ZSS's Bair comes out at frame 8-9, so 2 active frames, has a sweet-spot that does 12% and sour-spot that does 10% both with 42 BKB and 98 KBG. It'll auto-cancel before frame 4 and after frame 30, has 11 frames of landing lag, and she gets to act after frame 40, so she can sort of do what Fox does, except not as insane.

Contrast this with Samus who has a frame 9-10 Bair, so 2 active frames, with the sweet-spot doing 14% with 42 BKB and 98 KBG and a sour-spot doing 12% with 30 BKB and 98 KBG. The late hit comes out at frame 11-14, does 9% with 20 BKB and 90 KBG. All with 18 frames of landing lag and auto-canceling before frame 9 and after frame 42. Bear in mind that Samus can't act until frame 39. Yeah, no wonder Samus players are ******.

I can see why Fox's Bair is like that since he falls fast and has a short jump, but when other characters have it worse off like Samus whose Bair is probably weaker than ZSS's purely because it's not going to be as easy to use or as safe. I know Fox's Bair can push shields which if Samus can't, then yeah, not as great. Not sure about ZSS's Bair, but I know Falco can't push shields.

Robin's b-air is basically the same case as SF except maybe a bit slower (still fast) and it deals 15% damage
Aren't all of Robin's aerials, in general, good? Levin aerials apparently linger for a bit which is both stupid and good.

Falcon and Dorf's b-air are ********. I would have said Falcon's best move is u-air but his b-air kills and it even comes out fast so... yeah, no contest
Well, Captain Falcon's fastest aerial being frame 6 isn't that fast compared to say, Sheik's aerials. Bair's frame 10 which is slightly slower than Fox's, but they way it's animated will have you think otherwise. Fox and ZSS sweep their legs which looks slow animation-wise, but Captain Falcon and Ganondorf just swing back. Still hindered by it's "short" range compared to his other moves, but RAR Bairs would set Captain Falcon in a position where he can just run away. I still remember someone saying people should use his Bair as an approach and poking tool, but most of the time, Captain Falcon fights are like, Gentleman, dash grab, D-throw, Nair, and Uair with the occasional Fair, Dair, and Raptor Boost.

It's a shield, Berserker.... If (Toon) Link had a shield bash for an attack, it would probably have partial invincibility there too... Hmm, what if Toon Link's dash attack was a shield charge kind of like a Pegasus Boots run?

Idk about Diddy, Lucas and Wii Fit
Diddy's Bair would have been good if pre-patch and pre-pre-patch Uair didn't overshadow all of Diddy's aerials except for Fair. You know something's stupid when only 2 of 5 aerials are used at all times. Yes, spikes being slow would make Dair situational, but even Bair and Nair? Diddy's Bair is essentially a smaller, weaker DK Bair, so I don't see why it shouldn't be used for some kills and mixups. The only Diddy which isn't saying much since I don't care for Diddy that uses Bair a lot is ZeRo who goes for D-throw to RAR Bair or just Bair kills.

Lucas has an awkward spike Bair. Don't know what to say about that. Indigo Jeans told me that Wii Fit Trainer's Bair's sweet-spot is on her butt. Makes sense because she does kicks out, but the whole WFT has no range thing... Maybe a patch could switch it up and make the sweet-spot on her feet instead.

Top Bottom