• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I tried smash ladder friendlies and won a game with Link then the guy accuses me of being a FG spammer, which I've gone to great lengths not to do. I never realized how much people hate Link. Honestly he's only mid tier :/
ya and sonic isn't the best character either

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I tried smash ladder friendlies and won a game with Link then the guy accuses me of being a FG spammer, which I've gone to great lengths not to do. I never realized how much people hate Link. Honestly he's only mid tier :/
Link kind of feels like a combination of a heavy character (courtesy of his long-ranged, powerful attacks) and a zoner. It's a powerful combination, but he's held back by his poor frame data, iffy mobility, and grab. He's a good character but he's certainly got his weaknesses. I'm not trying to compare playstyles but he kind of reminds me of Brawl Kirby: really annoying to fight for some characters but not overwhelming if you know what you're doing (Kirby's still kind of like that tbh).

ya and sonic isn't the best character either
Except Link doesn't have movement specs that allow him to ignore neutral half the time and an attack that he can cancel with shield as a mixup, hold full charge indefinitely, and combo into other attacks. Also Sonic has a normal grab.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Except Link doesn't have movement specs that allow him to ignore neutral half the time and an attack that he can cancel with shield as a mixup, hold full charge indefinitely, and combo into other attacks. Also Sonic has a normal grab.
Look all I'm saying people are gonna hate

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
You gorls have as little hope as Zelda does in competitive Sm4sh smh
Screen shot 2015-07-13 at 10.41.06 PM.png
Irrelevant to the status liking spam, but thanks for the 5:1 POST LIKES TO POST ratio gorls.

N-Not like I needed it or a-anything, baka--

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just found this gif and I can't stop laughing at it so I figured I'd share:

I don't know the context behind this and it just makes it funnier.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

pizza dj cat is always relevant for page steals

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I just found this gif and I can't stop laughing at it so I figured I'd share:

I don't know the context behind this and it just makes it funnier.
i can't top imagining a pacman main when i see this gif

Rizen

Smash Legend
People accused Link of being a cheap spammer when he was the 4th worst character in Brawl. I had an Olimar tell me Link was cheap :rolleyes:.
Anyway I got some good friendlies in with a CF/Roy player on Smashladder :) good connections are fun (but we did have a few lag SDs as usual).

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
People accused Link of being a cheap spammer when he was the 4th worst character in Brawl. I had an Olimar tell me Link was cheap :rolleyes:.
Anyway I got some good friendlies in with a CF/Roy player on Smashladder :) good connections are fun (but we did have a few lag SDs as usual).
I blame all my SDs on lag. Even in real life tourneys where I kill my opponent with a spring gimp.

Lag, I swear.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good connections feel great to play on :awesome: I can't stand bad connections though :ohwell: It's nice to play some friendlies, you just can't take wifi as serious gameplay is all.
Link kind of feels like a combination of a heavy character (courtesy of his long-ranged, powerful attacks) and a zoner. It's a powerful combination, but he's held back by his poor frame data, iffy mobility, and grab. He's a good character but he's certainly got his weaknesses. I'm not trying to compare playstyles but he kind of reminds me of Brawl Kirby: really annoying to fight for some characters but not overwhelming if you know what you're doing (Kirby's still kind of like that tbh).
^Pretty much. I agree with what Zero said here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh0MJIRiwAg
Link's mid tier; he can be viable in tournaments if he has a secondary covering his bad MUs.

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I blame all my SDs on lag. Even in real life tourneys where I kill my opponent with a spring gimp.

Lag, I swear.
My favorite way to SD back when I entered Brawl tournaments as Ike was to accidentally use Quick Draw instead of Aether. In one of the tournaments for this game that I've entered, I accidentally used Din's offstage instead of Farore's. The character I was fighting in that match was Pre 1.0.6 Diddy. :crying:

Local tournament sui-Side B because lag.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
My favorite way to SD back when I entered Brawl tournaments as Ike was to accidentally use Quick Draw instead of Aether. In one of the tournaments for this game that I've entered, I accidentally used Din's offstage instead of Farore's. The character I was fighting in that match was Pre 1.0.6 Diddy. :crying:

Local tournament sui-Side B because lag.
you should here about the bsbs "mechanic"

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
so theres a pm player on smashladder who only plays zelda named "sassy"

which one of you is it

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Do you guys ever go through a day and feel like you've barely done anything but then at the end of the day you look back and realize you've done nothing at all?

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Ugh. I hate turning 21. I feel ****ing old.

Good morning, gorls.
Welcome to the club!

I like being 21 thus far. But I don't drink or college or anything, I spend all my time at work or in bed...

Yeah, sorry it's boring.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast, and going to be EV Training my Regirock. I'm thinking either 252HP/52ATK/204DEF or 6HP/252ATK/252DEF. :yeahboi:

Also, seems like Five Mornings At Franky's 4 now has a trailer. Time to get spooked by robots who wished they had proper dental checkups. :troll:

Welcome to the club!

I like being 21 thus far. But I don't drink or college or anything, I spend all my time at work or in bed...

Yeah, sorry it's boring.
I'm currently at University, but I'm just waiting for my results to come through. Might have to retake one of my modules. :V (Funny that I've been on my first year at Uni for about two years now. Come on Uni, just let me go onto my 2nd year! :c)

You gorls have as little hope as Zelda does in competitive Sm4sh smh
View attachment 61703 Irrelevant to the status liking spam, but thanks for the 5:1 POST LIKES TO POST ratio gorls.

N-Not like I needed it or a-anything, baka--
Just noticed that almost every GIF/Image I've seen you use has at least one character wearing them kneesocks/leggings. :V

Foreshadowing much? :secretkpop:
Also, that error. They forgot to finish drawing Rin's frames at the top. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707

Good morning, gorls.
Turning 19 isn't exactly stellar either.

Especially when you come home from work on your birthday and the best your friend/roommate completely forgets..

That wasn't fun...

Sometimes I just think you're intentionally teasing me. >-<

(N-not that I have a problem with it really.;-; )

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Remind me to never let my friends borrow any of my stuff again.

My friend just sent me a text message a few minutes ago (it's 11:40PM and I went to bed like 2 hours ago). I was already annoyed but it could have been urgent, so I checked my phone.

"Dude, I accidentally broke your GameCube controller. I'm really sorry man, I'll make it up to you somehow."

It was a genuine controller too, not one of those third party knockoffs you can get on Ebay for $18.

So, I've learned my lesson and I'll make sure I don't let anyone borrow my stuff next time.

I'm still gonna shank him whenever I see him again.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707

My friend just sent me a text message a few minutes ago (it's 11:40PM and I went to bed like 2 hours ago). I was already annoyed but it could have been urgent, so I checked my phone.

"Dude, I accidentally broke your GameCube controller. I'm really sorry man, I'll make it up to you somehow."

It was a genuine controller too, not one of those third party knockoffs you can get on Ebay for $18.

So, I've learned my lesson and I'll make sure I don't let anyone borrow my stuff next time.

I don't blame you in the slightest. My friend broke two of his platinum controllers out of the four he had for his GameCube and he has no idea how much they're worth. I had to pick up a GameStop one for him and bring my controller over every time our friends get together.

I could get more for you~ :3

And find some Absolute Territory pics for @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 too. :yeahboi:
Well... Who am I to turn that away? >.< Although I'm still kind of swooning over the gay marriage ruling, (I can get married now!!) I still can't seem to find "the one" for me.

Guess I'll just have to rely on shipping smash and anime characters with you lot. ;P

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Well... Who am I to turn that away? >.< Although I'm still kind of swooning over the gay marriage ruling, (I can get married now!!) I still can't seem to find "the one" for me.

Guess I'll just have to rely on shipping smash and anime characters with you lot. ;P
Wish granted~

Was going to post another one by the same artist who drew this. But knowing @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 , he'll go "Baka, don't show me the feet." :secretkpop:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Come to Canada nerds

You're legal in Vancouver at 19, I'll even treat you all big gorls to alcohol.

It's also so you can all make up for the fact Macchiato switched mains like 100 times already :secretkpop:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

If i were you i would unleash all that sheika training you collected over the years on him. Genuine Gamecube controllers are more valuable than solid gold bars :p

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Just so y'all know, the official smash gamecube controllers that launched with the wii u version are only like $22-25 on amazon.

It's not like controllers are all that expensive.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Good morning, gorls.
Don't get too drunk now. But if you do, make so to be online.

Come to Canada nerds

You're legal in Vancouver at 19, I'll even treat you all big gorls to alcohol.

It's also so you can all make up for the fact Macchiato switched mains like 100 times already :secretkpop:
Speaking of which, when are you going to make up for the time when you were in America Waifu? :3

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
EarthBound is harder than I thought it would be.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Speaking of which, when are you going to make up for the time when you were in America Waifu? :3
I'm pretty sure I've already made it up in the week I came back from LA since surprise, Thomas didn't switch mains all too many times. Bless his soul. :^)

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Last edited:
Top Bottom