• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Actually

The only reason why I recently have had an easier time against Sheik with Shulk of all characters (although it isn't an impossible match-up or anywhere near that, just a solid disadvantage obviously) is because I use her in friendlies and even practice with Sheik quite frequently

I can't disagree at all with Omni and his main message, but I'm not that type of player. I play the character which I have fun with but I definitely respect those who pick top tiers
Its understandable. But I just hate her way too much to even pick her up. I'll just learn the MUs against other players. :V

Thanks BJN :3c
Its understandable. But I just hate her way too much to even pick her up. I'll just learn the MUs against other players. :V
That's understandable too

I feel the same way for Dark Pit but luckily, he's basically Pit with a slightly different side B and neutral B so whatevs lol

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
And the Zelda Farore's Dreamland glitch
okay yeah thats true

Poor comparison with the FD & Omega. A better comparison for that would be BF & Miiverse where the only differences between the two are the undersides, MV & its platforms being fractionally larger & the platforms overlapping each other on MV. Really small things that don't change MUs all that terribly much (outside maybe the Links or something because the overlapping provides cover for most of the stage from their bombs).

DL on the other hand, can change MUs, because it has such notable changes like I just pointed out to you before.

- The lower blastzones are great for characters that have good vertical kill moves
- The smaller size (it's slight but it's definitely noticeable unlike MV) makes it harder for camping
- The higher placements of the lower platforms is better for character with better jumps & prevents some moves like Zelda's Utilt & the last hit of Usmash to completely whiff unlike on BF
- You can still get stuck underneath the main platform (A.K.A. getting pineapple'd) which makes it slightly harder for some characters to recover if they recover low (especially if they got hit when put into this position)

Yea p similar layout sure, but the differences it has & the degrees to which they are different, definitely warrant DL to be its own stage on the stagelist without the FD/Omega rule in place (that's for Miiverse lol)
1. okay true

2. since its slightly smaller it shouldnt prove to be a major difference. for instance, i highly doubt theres any character that can camp in battlefield, but cant camp or notices a major difference in dreamland for camping.

3. the only difference this really makes is that some attacks dont reach through the platform. i dont see how this benefits higher jumpers except maybe they can jump on a platform on battlefield on a shorthop, but i dont see how that notes a significant difference. unless im missing something here.

4. okay, you can still launch people under fd so they cant recover. same with almost every stage.

the differences are pretty small in my eyes. the biggest difference (smaller blastzones) *should* be the only reason to divide the two, but thats just my opinion. the zelda up-b glitch will probably get patched out eventually, but thats speculation, until then, it would be a reason to pick that stage for zelda other than bf. other than those changes though, to me it seems like a complete waste of a stage strike, or it doesnt matter because if they're going to pick fd, and you strike it, theyll just pick dreamland with the same advantages/disadvantages. again, the only difference that should divide them, is the blastzones, but this really affects every character because even horizontal kill moves gain an advantage. what im trying to say is, its not just the top blastzones, but the sides as well. if someones vertical killmove kills earlier, my horizontal killmove kills earlier as well.

edit: okay i tested it and i was wrong, the top blastzones are smaller but i didnt see a difference in the side blastzones, so this does benefit characters with vertical killmoves youre right. i still dont think its enough to divide them. you can kill around 10% earlier from my tests, but i may be wrong

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Thanks BJN :3c
Can't infract other mods :secretkpop:

And BJN got a soul steal.
If you mean Fujin, I actually went to sleep before he even responded to my Zelda FAITH post. :secretkpop:

Paletuna is just female filler in the smashworld, much like Irrelevina.

She's obnoxious, pretentious, has an annoying voice and talks too much.

I simply can't imagine how awful her mains must be.

She also looks like she's high on Xanax

Queen Zelda is one of the ORIGINAL gurls of the Smash Universe and was added for her impacT in the Nintendo series.

I'm not here for her.

BYE

"

http://smashboards.com/threads/paletuna-is-basic-and-has-nothing-on-the-original-queen-zelda.357957/

This is truly the best EXPOSED I have witnessed.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
This is how I think about it. Omni says that "if your using a top tier, and lose to a mid/low tier, you have no excuse." That's ****ing dumb. There are some MUs where low tier will win or have an even MU against like WiiFit v ZSS and RLinda vs Zelda. People who play top tiers don't show that they have a lot of skill because they have a character advantage. If a Sheik wins, it just shows that the Sheik just is typically doing what a Sheik does. If a Samus beats a Sheik then it shows that the Samus player is much more skilled. That theory Omni has is just ridiculous and dumb.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Actually

The only reason why I recently have had an easier time against Sheik with Shulk of all characters (although it isn't an impossible match-up or anywhere near that, just a solid disadvantage obviously) is because I use her in friendlies and even practice with Sheik quite frequently

I can't disagree at all with Omni and his main message, but I'm not that type of player. I play the character which I have fun with but I definitely respect those who pick top tiers
There is an element of truth to Omni's video

It's just that in Sm4sh

They are all ****ing boring

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Is this the video that was on the homepage?

If so, what were the 3 reasons to play a top tier?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
You can be the best you can

It shows your opponent a sign of respect

Help you understand the game and characters better
I don't understand the second one, but okay.

Like if I use Zelda against someone, I'm disrespecting them because I like to use a non-top tier character? lol what

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I don't understand the second one, but okay.

Like if I use Zelda against someone, I'm disrespecting them because I like to use a non-top tier character? lol what
Imo both the first and second one are don't make sense. Like what if you play in a way that doesn't work with the top tiers but works perfectly with like lucina. Then you won't be the best you can be with those top tiers. Omni's theorys always seem off and invalid to me, like the "diddy is not to blame" video. So it's not the fault of diddy that his meta game is rapidly advancing while characters like robin are like "whats an AT?"... k

EDIT: This page is dedicated to Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett from Orange is the New Black

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Well the date was changed for the party :drsad:

So...
That means I don't miss the Simulator party here :happysheep:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Gorls give me 3 good tribe names. Also quote this/tag me if you wanna be in the simulator. Need to fill in 15 spots so as always first come first serve.

I'm just setting it up, I'll actually start the simulator later. (maybe after Macchi's BB simulator)
quoted

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
wtf the flubby duck I woke up lmao

So yeah 10 spots left for Survivor y'all. Also consider joining Macchi's BB simulator, it'll be great fun.

I'm probably gonna go back to sleep for a bit.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
wtf the flubby duck I woke up lmao

So yeah 10 spots left for Survivor y'all. Also consider joining Macchi's BB simulator, it'll be great fun.

I'm probably gonna go back to sleep for a bit.
If i'm not added, add meee~

And sleep well :)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Boozelina must have taken control of SmashBoards from :4falcon:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Imo both the first and second one are don't make sense. Like what if you play in a way that doesn't work with the top tiers but works perfectly with like lucina. Then you won't be the best you can be with those top tiers. Omni's theorys always seem off and invalid to me, like the "diddy is not to blame" video. So it's not the fault of diddy that his meta game is rapidly advancing while characters like robin are like "whats an AT?"... k

EDIT: This page is dedicated to Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett from Orange is the New Black
Yeah, the 1st and 2nd ones seem like they don't even make sense. I mean, say that in Smash 64, you never played any of the Top Tiers like Pikachu or Kirby but instead you play Samus. Is that still disrespectful and still holding yourself back? I don't think so.

Since look at DK Will back in one of the Smash 4 tournaments. He mains DK and did really well against a Diddy and Sonic and got GF. Shows that you don't need to main Top Tiers to get far imo.

smashboards r u drunk
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/1/1d/Demoman_jeers03.wav?t=20100625222729

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
UGGGGHHHH I AM PISSED TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE I HAVE EVER SEEN

I spent quite a while watching an entire drama series that made a manly young man like myself destroy all the barriers I held before my emotions. Never knew a show like this could force me to emotionally invest myself more than I do into my non-existent love life.

Not even the scene showing the fate of the character on my avatar moved me as much as this show did.
(Please do not ask what show it is because a guy like me likely wasn't part of the target audience and it will be very embarrassing if anyone caught me watching such a show. Not even @ Berserker. Berserker. knows this)

After finishing the final episode and being reduced to a volatile emotional wreck I haven't ever seen myself become, I find out that there is a Christmas special! I thought "OMG the story isn't finished!" just to find out....

The 2-hour "special" was merely a summary of all the episodes.

SALT. ON. THE. WOUND.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
So is Survivor like Hunger Games? :drifloon:
Basically a bunch of people are put on a deserted island where they have to provide food, shelter, etc for themselves. Essentially, they're surviving life on the island without electronics and stuff. The people are separated into 2 or more tribes and they're pitted against each other in physical activities/challenges to either earn rewards (e.g. extra luxuries) or "immunity" from being eliminated in the following voting round. So, the tribe/s that lose that specific challenge enter a "Tribal Council" where they have to vote off one of their members.

When half of the total contestants are left the tribes get merged into a single tribe, and from then on, immunity is awarded to an individual instead of an entire tribe.

The season I picked for the simulator (Palau) is a bit different, since everyone starts off individually and "picks" their own tribe instead. Haven't seen that season but I figured it would come up with some interesting results.

So to answer your question, it's pretty different. And no one dies XD at least I don't think so anyway.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
UGGGGHHHH I AM PISSED TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE I HAVE EVER SEEN

I spent quite a while watching an entire drama series that made a manly young man like myself destroy all the barriers I held before my emotions. Never knew a show like this could force me to emotionally invest myself more than I do into my non-existent love life.

Not even the scene showing the fate of the character on my avatar moved me as much as this show did.
(Please do not ask what show it is because a guy like me likely wasn't part of the target audience and it will be very embarrassing if anyone caught me watching such a show. Not even @ Berserker. Berserker. knows this)

After finishing the final episode and being reduced to a volatile emotional wreck I haven't ever seen myself become, I find out that there is a Christmas special! I thought "OMG the story isn't finished!" just to find out....

The 2-hour "special" was merely a summary of all the episodes.

SALT. ON. THE. WOUND.
It's okay, gorl. I watched a Youtuber's wedding video yesterday and I cried for like 13 of the 18 minutes. And this wasn't just regular crying; no, I was legit bawling. I had to take like 15 minutes to calm down afterwards lol.

is the show something like teen wolf or skins?

Alright @ EODM07 EODM07 . What Omni meant by saying that "you're holding yourself back" is that you as a player cannot play to your full potential because generally, low-tier characters cannot facilitate that playstyle. The lack of options they have becomes your limiting factor in-game.

Higher tiers have plenty of options to call upon in almost any given situation giving you limitless possibilities on how to handle any particular situation. Which allows you to be successful in almost any scenario. Whereas a low-tier's options require you to set-up a situation in order to get the same result. (Which isn't necessarily bad, but it's another reason why people shy away from low-tiers)
Example:
:ganondorfmelee:: Effective range- Wherever his limbs can reach
Approaches- Waveland--> jab
:foxmelee:: Effective range- Just outside of yours
Approaches- Too many to list

Last edited:
Top Bottom