• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
wtf is a Torry
Pretty sure we don't have any of them in this country
Tories were the British loyalists in America during our Revolution.

I'm disappointed in you for not knowing all the trivialities of American history.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Thanks for this. But it mentions the script that @ Rizen Rizen posted is mistranslated, but then doesn't supply a correct one. Does a better translation exist right now?

Though I think portraying her attraction to women as the result of trying to spite her father, it becoming a habit (how does an attraction become a habit?), and making it a "weakness" to overcome is still pretty sleezy.

Because it's more than 0? Yeah I noticed that too. I understand, it's like a package of cookies, you say "just one more", but you gotta keep on coming back. Sometimes you have to just to face the cold hard truth, you're a minority, what were you expecting? They have to appeal to the average consensus to maximize profit. It's just how the world works. But have hope, there's always next game with more room. Right now though, savor the moment and appreciate what you have now or else you'll take it for granted in the future.
I would agree that two is better than zero except for the fact that the two non-straight romance options have very negative characterization. Two negatively portrayed queer characters as the only representation in the game is worse than none in my opinion.

Just because I'm a minority doesn't mean that I don't expect to be treated with respect, included in different entertainment media, and positively represented. I know it's not going to happen the vast majority of the time, but that does not mean that I'm going to accept anything less.

And profits are no excuse. Nintendo following the (homophobic) consensus made by straight gamers to make money does not excuse anything, nor does it make it any less frustrating for queer gamers. And to be honest, Nintendo's efforts on this front are lacking even in the gaming world.

Even if my initial impression was mis-informed, there's still not much in this game to appreciate to be honest - as far as queer representation and inclusion go.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Adventures on fg starring spaz (me):

Found someone who had their tumblr profile next to their mii, will probly play her again later

Found someone who I played on smash ladder a while ago, so that's cool

Also found surprisingly a very good player, who really adapted and read me a lot, and did some cool setups, name was Amblue

So yeah, merry July 4th, make sure to play the murican Mario online at some point and time

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Thanks for this. But it mentions the script that @ Rizen Rizen posted is mistranslated, but then doesn't supply a correct one. Does a better translation exist right now?

Though I think portraying her attraction to women as the result of trying to spite her father, it becoming a habit (how does an attraction become a habit?), and making it a "weakness" to overcome is still pretty sleezy.

I would agree that two is better than zero except for the fact that the two non-straight romance options have very negative characterization. Two negatively portrayed queer characters as the only representation in the game is worse than none in my opinion.

Just because I'm a minority doesn't mean that I don't expect to be treated with respect, included in different entertainment media, and positively represented. I know it's not going to happen the vast majority of the time, but that does not mean that I'm going to accept anything less.

And profits are no excuse. Nintendo following the (homophobic) consensus made by straight gamers to make money does not excuse anything, nor does it make it any less frustrating for queer gamers. And to be honest, Nintendo's efforts on this front are lacking even in the gaming world.

Even if my initial impression was mis-informed, there's still not much in this game to appreciate to be honest - as far as queer representation and inclusion go.
I'm pretty sure that a better translation doesn't exist at this point.

However, I do know that the incorrect one was posted by someone anonymously on 4chan, so it's pretty stupid that it was believed in the first place. Seeing the difference between the two sources, it seems that the person who made the incorrect script had limited knowledge of the Japanese language since they so wrongly misinterpreted the dialog.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I'm pretty sure that a better translation doesn't exist at this point.

However, I do know that the incorrect one was posted by someone anonymously on 4chan, so it's pretty stupid that it was believed in the first place. Seeing the difference between the two sources, it seems that the person who made the incorrect script had limited knowledge of the Japanese language since they so wrongly misinterpreted the dialog.
Fair enough.

But I'm going to wait and see what a better translation has to say before saying the other translation was so far off the mark. Comparing them should be interesting though.

Rage is so dumb, but heavy characters (Zard most notably) benefit a lot from rage sooooo... I'm mixed when it comes to the mechanic

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
hmmm rage...
I used to think rage was stupid but then I picked up Zelda again (I didn't play her at the beginning of the game's release), killed people with the elevator at 30%, and I was like
:secretkpop:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
hmmm rage...
I used to think rage was stupid but then I picked up Zelda again (I didn't play her at the beginning of the game's release), killed people with the elevator at 30%, and I was like
Are you banned yet?

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I sorry. Can u pllease forgave meh? :secretkpop:
I'm afraid not. It's not that I am unwilling, it's that I am unable to, it's impossible to "forgave" someone, if you haven't yet. Your choice of wording confuses me

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I'm afraid not. It's not that I am unwilling, it's that I am unable to, it's impossible to "forgave" someone, if you haven't yet. Your choice of wording confuses me
*clears throat*

"I am sorry. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me? "

Is that right? I think it a'int. :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link benefits from rage so I like it. /bias
Would anyone like to play friendlies? I'm not up for serious games.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
*clears throat*

"I am sorry. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me? "

Is that right? I think it a'int. :)
I suppose so. I wouldn't recommend putting a space before the end quotation mark, I don't even understand why you quoted in the first place, but maybe you have reasons.

Just watch your typing next time, you might hurt yourself, you never know who's out there, you're just lucky to have run into such a kind and handsome person like me.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Rage is so dumb, but heavy characters (Zard most notably) benefit a lot from rage sooooo... I'm mixed when it comes to the mechanic
And some characters (:4gaw:) get screwed by it.

I'd prefer knockback just be set like in previous games regardless of percent but I don't think it's going anywhere.

Relevant to discussion:

It was a combination of a few factors but eh.

Yea

It does kill without rage

Maybe Ban•Duck•Hunt is right then. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I suppose so. I wouldn't recommend putting two spaces bewtween "your" and "heart", not to mention the space before the end quotation mark. I don't even understand why you quoted in the first place, but maybe you have reasons.

Just watch your typing next time, you might hurt yourself, you never know who's out there, you're just lucky to have run into such a kind and handsome person like me.
*swoons* :p

Top Bottom