• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So I went down to make a sandwich because I was hungry

My dad heard me from his room upstairs

UPSTAIRS

And I was in my room beside his cranking my vocaloid songs

He didn't react

mfw

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Not Soleil. According to the link from @TriesteSP, it said that she flirted with girls to spite her father, not out of actual attraction, but eventually became a habit. Either way she is/becomes bi or straight because she only can S-Support with men, end of story. It's not like people can't change sexuality anyway, I don't know why someone going from x -----> straight (if she wasn't straight to begin with) is so offensive and clearly a message that not being straight is bad. Everybody's gotta read in between the lines searching for something that isn't there, smh.
About my link, there's a mistake.

Soleil is in fact a bisexual and not just straight. She also prefers women over men but at the end of the event, she falls in love with Kamui because of him trying to help her get over her problem of passing out over cute girls kinda like in an ''anime'' way.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Eauxkay, you misinterpreted what I said about bi characters I'm talking about the official gay supports with Kamui.

Not Soleil. According to the link from @TriesteSP, it said that she flirted with girls to spite her father, not out of actual attraction, but eventually became a habit. Either way she is/becomes bi or straight because she only can S-Support with men, end of story. It's not like people can't change sexuality anyway, I don't know why someone going from x -----> straight (if she wasn't straight to begin with) is so offensive and clearly a message that not being straight is bad. Everybody's gotta read in between the lines searching for something that isn't there, smh.
So there are official gay marriages in FE?
If you're talking about this post
http://smashboards.com/threads/zeld...erator-sistren.344739/page-1950#post-19559566
I'm not seeing anything about her flirting to spite her father in the imgur he linked. And I'm not seeing a script other that this:
http://pastebin.com/bgQC0yEa
which is what I have issues with. Is this^ script wrong? Does anybody have an accurate script?

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
About my link, there's a mistake.

Soleil is in fact a bisexual and not just straight. She also prefers women over men but at the end of the event, she falls in love with Kamui because of him trying to help her get over her problem of passing out over cute girls kinda like in an ''anime'' way.
Fair enough.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
i decided to make a acnl sig ala The Bell Tree forums

ACNLAntNykun.png

should I use it?

Rizen

Smash Legend
You didn't know about that? Yeah, a girl Kamui can marry a specific female unit, and a male Kamui can marry a specific male unit.
Yeah IDK s*** about FE. I thought the same sex marriages were replaced by a lesbian girl being in the game but she ended up marrying a guy, which would be a total cop-out.

Cenizas

3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
So there are official gay marriages in FE?
If you're talking about this post
http://smashboards.com/threads/zeld...erator-sistren.344739/page-1950#post-19559566
I'm not seeing anything about her flirting to spite her father in the imgur he linked. And I'm not seeing a script other that this:
http://pastebin.com/bgQC0yEa
which is what I have issues with. Is this^ script wrong? Does anybody have an accurate script?
My bad, I didn't quote it 100% accurately, mobile just makes it a real pain sometimes. It says, "She pretended this way to get revenge on her father but ended up regretting it when it became a habit." And yes, you can officially marry those characters in a same-sex relationship with the avatar. Anyway let's drop it for now, it's 1 am my time so I gotta catch some sleep. Night guys.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I mean, you have all these straight options (FEF a dating sim???) but exactly one gay option per sex?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't like dating sims and think they shouldn't be thrown in so many games but at least FE didn't completely cut same-sex marriages. That's what I thought happened.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I mean, you have all these straight options (FEF a dating sim???) but exactly one gay option per sex?
Like it has been mentioned before. Baby steps. Not to mention it is also bad to shoehorn in gay characters. Making everyone bi is also bad.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Like it has been mentioned before. Baby steps. Not to mention it is also bad to shoehorn in gay characters. Making everyone bi is also bad.
Well I disagree with the second point.

Making every character potentially bi could give different players different experiences. Which seems what a game all about customization would strive for. If someone doesn't want a character to be gay, viola they don't have to be. It's tiring in 2015 that gay people non-straight people in gaming are as rare as triple rainbows.

Last edited:

Cenizas

3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Because the majority of the world is bi, right?

I get you though. I would've liked that there's a complete gay couple for the Nohr and Hoshido so don't have to marry someone yourself for the gay couple and that you get another choice if you opt for same-sex marriage using Kamui.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Can we just change the thread title to Fire Emblem spoilers?

You guys are really trying to spoil me and I just want to wait until the game comes out.....

Could you guys at least put everything IN spoilers?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Not to mention it is also bad to shoehorn in gay characters.
IDK, I think I would enjoy an all of a sudden
eudes.png

You guys are really trying to spoil me and I just want to wait until the game comes out.....
but it's going to be just as garbage as awakening (actually I have no clue, they have a writer after all.)

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
It seems odd that there are exactly 2 non-straight people in the entire cast of FEF.
Never mind that it's a video game so real world statistics don't matter and don't excuse anything. The only reason there is exactly one gay option per sex is because Nintendo probably thought it'd appease yaoi/yuri fans without putting in too much effort.

I'm glad Nintendo is finally acknowledging other sexualities exist, but praising them for not completely! ignoring my community is not something I'll be doing.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Could you guys at least put everything IN spoilers?
THANK YOU
I specifically unwatched the Robin social just to avoid spoilers but now i am COMPLETLY spoiled about M-Kamui/Solei Supports
uhhhhhg

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
but it's going to be just as garbage as awakening (actually I have no clue, they have a writer after all.)
I hope it's really good. I have faith in Intelligent Systems.

I just want to experience it for myself :p

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I read some spoilers from people playing the Japanese version.

I wish I was cruel enough to spoil it. :secretkpop:

Cenizas

3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
It seems odd that there are exactly 2 non-straight people in the entire cast of FEF.
Never mind that it's a video game so real world statistics don't matter and don't excuse anything. The only reason there is exactly one gay option per sex is because Nintendo probably thought it'd appease yaoi/yuri fans without putting in too much effort.

I'm glad Nintendo is finally acknowledging other sexualities exist, but praising them for not completely! ignoring my community is not something I'll be doing.
Because it's more than 0? Yeah I noticed that too. I understand, it's like a package of cookies, you say "just one more", but you gotta keep on coming back. Sometimes you have to just to face the cold hard truth, you're a minority, what were you expecting? They have to appeal to the average consensus to maximize profit. It's just how the world works. But have hope, there's always next game with more room. Right now though, savor the moment and appreciate what you have now or else you'll take it for granted in the future.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I wished there was a "4th route" where Kamui never existed, so you just pick Hoshido and Nohr while having Ryoma and Xander as the "main" character. By "main", I mean if they die, then it's game over, but if someone else does, then whatever. And no "kill them all" route either. Shame, but I doubt Nintendo would ever allow a Fire Emblem where your goal is to commit genocide.

On a completely unrelated note: let's talk about how beautiful this looks.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
They have to appeal to the average consensus to maximize profit. It's just how the world works. But have hope, there's always next game with more room. Right now though, savor the moment and appreciate what you have now or else you'll take it for granted in the future.
FEF is hardly the most progressive game. Have you seen the spoilers mentioned above?
I'm not gonna appreciate it for this. :secretkpop:

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
Just came from a small Smash get-together yesterday.
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght I might drop :4darkpit: so can we please kiss and make up ;_;
I can rack up damage fast but I can't kill with him even if my life depended on it HUHUHU (especially if the character is hard to edgeguard)

Picking up Zamus again and dropping DPit
Won all matches with :4zelda::4zss::4falcon::4myfriends::4luigi: and almost :4link: (but I went 5-2 Link vs. Shulk match with @Berserker. but he was really off later on though :()

Didn't get to use :4megaman:

I even did some stylish stuff with Link (for once) during some of my matches with younger Baka-chan

Also, I just found out that a partially disabled Fil-Canadian Smasher that plays Smash with his right arm and left foot is coming here some time around Nov/Dec. So much respect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom